Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

Good points - workaholics having kids is difficult, and it doesn't really make sense for these two to have kids right now . . . guess I will have to write OOC fanfics!

I am trying to think of what would make sense for a marriage . . . they certainly wouldn't have a big wedding or anything - maybe a justice of the peace and the team finds out later? Or, maybe they tell the team and its a small ceremony? I am torn on whether they would include anyone else in their marriage . . . thoughts?

Also, I am starting to wonder if I am the oldest person on this board . . . but don't worry ladies, Grissom love is fine for any age!

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

geez, ya'll post like CRAZY!!i wasn't around for one day and i had TONS to read, maaan.

okey, first - the pic couldn't be clearer, it's the clearest i could get :devil: i have couple more, but from the other side ... back side actually, MWAHAHA! could you ziggy please show me a link to your work?? i would like to evaluate how you photoshopped it :D

and the second thing! i'm another 20 year old who thinks WP is increadible :eek: yup, i completely adore the guy! recently he's on the top of my list though i like his younger version more (then i would put J.Depp and Alex Despatie - that's my TOP 3 :lol: )

3. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

^ I'd be happy to PM you the link, babes. I couldn't get it so clear either, but I did my best. It's not a very.. *cough* flattering picture, is it? Poor guy ;)

I'm 21 and DEFINITELY DO NOT have a thing for WP ;)

Anyway, I've made a whole bunch of GSR icons tonight and I'll try and put them up on my LJ in a minute.

Also guys, friendly reminder that the box project is still underway. Please everyone try to get something in! PM me for more info. :)

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh, stop it! it wasn't that bad! actually you can't really see anything, just the shadow ... ummm .. okey this is starting to be dangerous. i'm shutting up.

i also realized that Grissom is a romantic. i'd never guess it. i was kinda surprised in Rashomama, about his attitude toward marriage etc. i really would like to see his behavior toward Sara out of work. i just CAN'T wait!!

5. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Okay, as an antidote to all the penis-smut, could I take us in a different direction? This is something I wrote on another board regarding speculation as to the reactions of different characters to Gil's and Sara's relationship:

In my opinion, the writers have gone to a lot of trouble to make Catherine's character more sympathetic in Season 6 than she was in Season 5. It was a theme throughout the whole year. I know it's easy to begrudge Catherine for past sins (especially against Sara), but she hasn't done anything really unlikeable since the beginning of this season. In fact, while I can't see Sara and Cath as "OmigodBFF!!" I've noticed that the writers have put in at least two scenes - one in "Secrets and Flies" and one in "Time of Your Death" - where Catherine and Sara talk like co-workers who happen to have a lot of respect for each other. Considering that TPTB are beginning to prepare for WP's departure, and that Sara and Grissom were navigating a secret relationship this season, I don't think those scenes were accidental.

I do think that Catherine will have some things to say to Gil about the fallout should he and Sara be outed - and proper thing for her; Gil needs to be warned about that. As others have pointed out, he's not politically astute... and if Catherine doesn't grab his head out of the (ant farm) sand and make him see the possible repercussions of his new relationship, he's gonna get a far harsher lesson in politics from Ecklie - or, worse, the Sheriff - if either of them find out. So as far as I'm concerned, Gil getting an earful from Catherine about what he's doing means that he has a damn good friend.

For that reason, I'm not sure that Catherine will be written in a way that she leaves Gil out to dry when the shit hits the fan (and you know it eventually will). I can see that it would be in line with her character thus far - but again, the writers need to make her sympathetic if MH is to carry the show later, and I'm not sure whether or not Catherine shafting Gil would fit in with that agenda. Sara might be a polarizing character among CSIphiles, but let's face it - Grissom is the Man to most fans. There are not many who'd forgive Catherine for betraying Grissom.

As for the other members of the team - Nick is a true romantic; he'll be thrilled for the two of them and dismiss any possible workplace problems that might follow. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Nick is the first person to openly acknowledge the relationship onscreen - most likely to Sara. Greg shouldn't care too much about the workplace stuff; personally, I think he'll be too stunned by the fact that Sara wants Grissom and trying to deal with that. (I'm still convinced he's carrying a torch for her.)

For my money, the wild card is Warrick. He's Grissom's Number One Son, and the person being groomed to take over when Gil and Cath take off for that Great Retirement Pension in the Sky. In addition, he's suffering through severe marital problems at home... and that probably means that he's going to be feeling mighty guilty about that latent attraction to Catherine (you know it's still there) guaranteed to pop up in Season 7. That guilt might find a scapegoat in anger over Gil and Sara and how their relationship will affect the team.

My dear Sarah, I'm SO glad you brought up this topic... because I, too, watched IE last night and just happened to get a little epiphany as to what was going on in that episode with those scenes. But you'll have to wait until I have more time to write it up....

ETA:

Yes. Yes he was. Which makes you wonder - just exactly what happened to transform a born romantic (remember that proposal in Grade 2?) into a ghost who concentrates on work rather than love? I *do* have a fic idea for this... I just need the courage to write it up....

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yep, but this part of his character is finaly released again!!!and i'm more than happy about it. he is SO adorable when showing his romantic side of personality *sigh*

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol. You know, Dayna at least she likes him. That just makes you said.

Well, if you consider that they've technically been dating all season, and probably seriously dating since Daddy's Little Girl or so, I think he's treated her very flirtatiously at work. From the "mouth to mouth" comment, to "This is per me - come and hold the ladder, seeing as that's probably the best use I could make of one of my top CSI 3's" to "Some guys are intimidated by beauty"... so on and so forth. If anything, I'm rather surprised at how much he's been crossing that line.

Miss DEE - NO ONE said penis. My word, woman. You're such a pervert.

Agreed. Much as the lack of Cath storyline was disconcerting this year (which makes me think it'll be back in full force next year), I did get that sense. That they've made her the old, cuddly Cath again, and that while she would obviously chew Grissom out because he chewed her out for Weeping Willows that privately she'd probably be happy for him.

I agree about your comments regarding her telling him that it probably wasn't the best "political" movie, or that she's just better at that sort of thing. But it could go either way - frustration over the Warrick situation might make her jealous that two co-workers DID make it work, especially two people who are now in the same situation she and Warrick were in last year - subordinate and boss, OR she will be highly defensive of him. It depends on whether they plan to move YoBling forward or if Ecklie "intervenes".

Right. I see it more as her telling him just what a huge mistake he's made, but at the same time protecting him from the big bosses. Ironically they do seem to trade off like that. One is always the calm and steady and the other is screwin' things up for themself.

As for Sara... her problems with Ecklie will definitely not help matters. But I think because all the guys on the team - Warrick, Nick, Greg, Brass - are kind of like brothers to her that she'll get a lot of support from them should the whole thing be "outed", which I really doubt. I think it'll be a lot of behind closed doors discussions.

What it really depends on is if any one of them is up for a promotion or if a promotion storyline comes into play. Or even job assignments. If Sara isn't with Grissom, then they say, "Oh, Sara gets all the best solo work" and if she is with him, then it's "She gets to be with the boss because she's his girlfriend". But in truth, I don't see that from Warrick, and I think in regards to Nick, that's a thing of the past. Nick's issues with Grissom are with Grissom the person, not Grissom the boss at this stage because of his handling of the Grave Danger aftermath.

Oh Lord help us all. lol.

8. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

Yay for a new thread! Sorry i'm a bit late.. OH WELL!

GSR happiness. MWHAHAHA

9. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

hehe I thought of another scenario, its after everyone finds out that Gil and Sara are together.

(Sara and Grissom are in the evidence room, working on a case).
    (Greg walks into the room).
    GREG: Hey lovebirds, whatcha working on?
    SARA: *yells* Greg!
    GREG: Sorry... *walks out of the room*
    (Catherine passes by and pokes her head into the room)
    CATHERINE: Awwwwwww!
    GRISSOM: *yells* Catherine!
    (Catherine runs away)
    (The whole team except for Grissom and Sara come over the intercom)
    TEAM: *singing* Sara and Grissom sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, then comes marriage-
    SARA and GRISSOM: *yelling* GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

slightly childish, but what do you expect from me? :p

10. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Uh gang? Seriously? Scary amount of posting. Not quite to the old break-neck speed standards, thank GOD, but please lets try to crank it back a notch so the people with lives can keep up. Thanks.

Sarahvma and ziggystarduzt, please check your PMs for a message regarding your posting. Thanks.

Some of the posts are also skirting the lines of PG-13 ness. Please be aware of what you’re typing and ensure that it’s suitable for a PG-13 board. In other words – drop the penis conversation! Thank you.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

:lol: :lol: :lol: forensicgirl you made my day :lol:

and yeah, don't post THAT much!! i can't read it all!! :rolleyes:

12. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Yeah, those of us with lives.. like who has one of those? They are so 10 years ago. :p

Okay, so I watched 'Poppin Tags' yesterday. Did anyone else start talking to the TV like: "It must be so hard keeping your secret relationship from everybody else." or "Resisting the urge to kiss each other right now?" Then of course, when the 'Mouth-to-mouth' scene came on, I started laughing my head off. :lol: I forgot about it for a while, I was too concentrated on the fact that they're sharing a bed. :devil:

Yeah, so I talk to my TV and have evil thoughts.. you have a problem with that? :mad: :p

13. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

i find this avatar i think that is great for the new thread :lol:
    [​IMG]

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

OMG, i love that avie Sidlreiana_15! oh and SaraSullivan, no i don't usually talk to my TV. well, maybe sometimes ... did i just admit that? urgh. but evil thoughts, who doesn't?? :lol: :devil: *goes back to ff.net*

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good job Sidlreiana really nice-and so befitting :p

[​IMG] this is mine for them- the moon and the stars ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.