Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jofod

jofod Police Officer

WOW NEW THREAD! Congratulations guys!

For the vacation i'd like to imagine them at Lake Mead but i don't know why.
    About the canon i'm still completely over the moon because after six years the UST was becoming boring. I can't wait to see them interact as a couple!
    Well comeback Grissly !

2. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

So Sarah, did you like the gift I made just for you? I'm thinking of coming over to your house and making it your desktop wallpaper. And then locking it so you can't change it. Would you like that, Sarah?
    For those curious, I just made a delightful picture of Billy for Sarah. It's really quite charming. Adzix, if you have any more photos of that nature, be sure to pass them along. I need to make a collage for Sarah's birthday (Yes, I know it's in February).

Anyway, I come with a gift for the new thread:

[​IMG]

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Giving a good example of possible fallout from a relationship, I'm watching Invisible Evidence right now on CTV.

There was a lot made both on Grissom and Sara's parts about their reactions, and not just in "the scene". Obviously right before this Sara was embarassed when she was asking to continue her own ongoing investigation. It's another situation where I think those in support of Grissom and Sara respectively see it differently. To some, Sara is trying to get out of having to work Warrick's case and pulling on what she knows is Grissom's weakness toward her to get it. To others, Sara has the full right to finish her own case and shouldn't have to help Warrick just because of a court fluke, and Grissom was unncessarily harsh.

It still mystifies me, though, why he seems so confused about her reaction. And it's VERY much like the Bite Me scene in that sense. Sara is sensing the conversation for its subtext, what she thinks it means for both of them or in the case of IE the sexual tension. Grissom, while aware of something there, isn't necessarily processing it the way she is.

Therefore he just kind of enjoys the moment and she tries to bring it down to earth.

But anyway, what this was all about was the possible fallout from their relationship: we see a whole brick of episodes in the fourth season where their very flirtation leads to a lot of jealousy and hurt feelings because of a promotion. The fact that a lot of people know that there was something going on between them, even if nothing ever "happened" meant that it was already turning into a "Any time Sara gets her way, it's because the boss has a crush on her and vice-versa".

Which leads me to wonder what Catherine comment about "Not enough" was about in IE .

Anyhow, I wonder if this is something they're going to explore. After waiting 6 years, I don't see them just making it all nice and cozy.

4. ziggystarduzt

^In regards to Sara wanting to continue working on her own case... I always totally agreed with her on this one. I don't think that Grissom was necessarily telling her off for any ulterior reasons, however. I just think that she was right on with the whole "No case is a priority" thing. I got the time crunch on Warrick's case, but at the same time, if I were the family of the other murder victim I would be completely choked that they couldn't spare even one of their team to work my case. *shrugs*

And Catherine's comment.. oh.. oh *bites tongue* grrrrrr.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Everyone, I have an announcement to make. Because of Ziggy's picture, I can no longer support GSR. That is how much it has scarred me. Please don't ask for details. Just know that no human should have to see that photo especially when it appears that blood is emminating from it. Don't ask. I think there's medication for that. Either way, I'm just letting you know that from now on, I support only The Love and myself in an Eric Szmanda-George Eads sandwich.

Agreed. I think pressures from the sherriff and wanting to get this all done made him kind of snap back at her. He did a lot more "chewing out" of his staff back in the earlier days when they were focusing on what the evidence meant to them vs. the case.

The reason I brought it up was that I couldn't tell if she was referring to Sara or his leadership in general.

6. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Just popping in to say congrats on the new thread! It took me about an hour to read through all the posts Ive missed in 2 days. You guys sure do love to post! hehe.

So for the first poll I voted "Spending time together at Lake Mead". In the last scene they looked like they were ready for a relaxing time together. Either way where ever they are they are.... ya you know ;)

Second little poll, I still havent let the whole thing sink in yet. Like everytime I watch the finale I dont know what to think. Its like a dream or too good to be true.

I love the scenarios, so funny and I would love to see it happen.

And Sarah I also believe that Gris was a little too harsh in Invisble Evidence. I liked seeing his angry side though, it was hot! lol

7. ziggystarduzt

*really hurt* Dude, you know, that's just cruel. I worked long and hard to make that picture for you, and I had to covertly acquire darling Adzix's services to make it possible. A lot of people helped to try and make you happy, Sarah, and you just throw it in our faces. Maybe I don't want to go to White Rock with you after all. How do you like that?

It's true. Plus, it was a high stress situation and he just wanted everyone to shut up and do as they were told. I think that had it been Nick or someone that protested instead, he would have likely reacted the same way.

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Dude, right now the words LONG and HARD are not what I want to hear. I'll thank Adzix for putting up with your perversion.

Agreed. Initially Nick makes the whole comment about "When your supervisor tells you to wash his car instead of working a case, you do it" but in After the Show when the case is taken from HIM, he's equally pissed.

It's like I said before - there's a separation of Grissom and The Boss. Grissom really loves his co-workers (well, some more than others. Unless he's also Nick and Warrick's secret lover. Which he could be. Cuz there's nothing wrong with that) but when he's wearing the Boss hat, I don't think politics or favoritism really factors into that, which is why he would probably be really hurt and frankly a little confused if someone tried to accuse him of giving Sara preferential treatment because they were dating.

like I said, though - was that "Grissom" or "The Boss"? What I love is that when he is 100% Grissom, we see a much more... defeated is the wrong word, because he usually is defeated when he lets that side show, but I guess a more powerless man. We saw it in the end of Butterflied where he totally lays himself out in front of this guy, and then in Strip-Strangler where he's told to leave, and in a few others as well.

Grissom himself is not as strong or as powerful as he'd like to be or as he'd want others to think. He's highly intelligent, he's dedicated, and he's gotten to where he is because of it, but I don't think that in their private life he'd be like that with Sara ever.

9. ziggystarduzt

Oh, would you prefer a visual reference to an auditory one?

Do I smell a new SHIP? Grarrick? Grick? YESsss...

I think it might actually be easier for him to seperate Boss!Grissom from Caring!Grissom now that they're in a relationship. Before, he was pretty much always in Boss!Grissom mode, and had to be even during the shippy scenes. Even in say, Committed, when all he wanted to do was wrap her in his arms and make SWEET, SWEET LOVE to her, he still had to stick to being her supervisor. Now that they are in a romantic relationship, he can pour all of his love and affection for her into their out-of-work encounters and be firmly supervisorial whilst at work.

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Are you sure you didn't make that present for yourself?
    How about... Racial and Age Harmony Ship? Or... Crazy Fiesta Del Sausage?

True. "Caring" Grissom when mixed with Boss Grissom could come off as a prick as well. Case in point, Strip-Strangler . Suddenly he was worried about Sara, but he expressed it in a kind of male territorial dominance. She was HIS CSI, HIS Sara, it was HIS investigation, so on and so forth. Sure, it was hot and everything... lol.

But I think perhaps Caring!Grissom no longer has to be FrustratedBecauseHeCan'tBeWithHer!Grissom, and doesn't have to pretend his concern is anything other than what it is.

Until later that night...

Honestly, I'm starting to change my mind. I think something shippy, something that crossed the line happened during Committed , because suddenly he was flirting with her again ("We've Come a long way, baby") and there was more of a concern for her personally rather than professionally LATER in the episode as opposed to before. He almost looked like her investment in the case troubled him earlier on.

True. In terms of them together, I think those lines will be more easily drawn because they can be both sides of their personality at work and at home. The part I find ironic is that now that they're together, it's Grissom being a big romantic sap bringing stuff up at work, while he was the one deflecting it when it was angst before.

11. ziggystarduzt

Ewwww. Very sure. I like young, nubile men, thank you.

YES! Crazy Fiesta Del Sausage! Toss Greg in there and we're good to go!

Exactly. When showing care as the boss, he comes off as a prick with the "MY CSI". If he were able to express said emotions as her emotional equal and her looooover, then he would be saying "I am concerned for someone I care about" and his intentions would get across much better.

Yeah, I think all the frusteration with his presumed inability to be with her was being channelled into a kind of cold veneer. Now that he doesn't have to hold her at arms length he seems to be so much more relaxed in general.

I'm very firmly convinced that Committed was the turning point. I hadn't noticed the change of tone IN the episode per se, but if you think of everything up to Committed, it's all angst and mild flirting- whereas everything AFTER Committed is flirting and lighter and happier.. (ie Trigger). I just hope they explain it even a TINY bit next year.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

He had both in spades in that picture, my friend. SPADES.

Greg can be the saurkraut.

lol.

Dayna's version :

CULPEPPER: Sara has agreed to be our decoy. Mwahahaha. I'm from the FBI. That makes me evil, well, not evil, but hell-bent on being political and working for the man, which even though you ARE the man, you pretend to oppose for God only knows what reason.
    GRISSOM: No, Culpper, no! You see, for I have harbored a crush on Sara from the day she walked into my lecture hall wearing nothing but cutoff shorts which exposed her greatest asset, her long gorgeous legs. Her questions and intelligence intrigued me and I asked her out for coffee and I was smitten, but I was tragically called back to Las Vegas before we could go any further, and when I finally brought her here under the pretense of investigating Warrick suddenly I became boss and the pressures of that became overwhelming and I saw the error in dating a subordinate, so I tried to stiffle my hot lusty feelings with the most opposite woman I could find - Teri Miller. But she basically cock-blocked me after I answered my cell phone during dinner. So I don't actually want to make a move on Sara NOW, because that would be wrong, but you can't HAVE her because she's MY CSI."
    SARA: Uh, do I get any say in this?
    GRISSOM: Um... um... Since I met you! Uh... We'd Like to Be Alone... Diffuse the situation! Diffuse the situation!...

Yeah, the turning point, but I'm still trying to decide when actual kissing occured.

13. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Girls, what is with this "pic"? *iz curious*...I have some theories, but... :D Care to enlighten? ;)

ziggy, it hadn't occured to me before, but probably their working relationship and professionalism might have actually benefited from their being personally involved. Because we know that situations always got unnecessarily tense and strained because of their messed-up unrelationship and the fact that they wanted to jump each other in the office and couldn't. :D But still, I am pretty sure there'll be some professional repercussions next season. Which I'm fine with, really...Bring on the angst. :D

And jofod, thanks for the welcome back! I will probably post less frequently these couple of weeks, but I'll be around...

14. ziggystarduzt

We don't know if that was nubility or not. It was too fuzzy. Too hard to tell. Adzix! We need a clearer one! *g*

I hate sauerkraut. Can he be ketchup instead?

and lmao at your scenario! ! ! You're a very very deeply disturbed individual, you do know that, right?

I'm thinking that happened after GD. I think he made his mind up to start something in Committed.. maybe gave her a hug or like. Romantically rubbed at her or something like that. *shrugs*

Why aren't you using that icon I made just for you, bitch? The one that I even NAMED for you?

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Coughs awkwardly. *Nothing...

DEFINITELY agree with that. From everything we've seen this year when they were supposedly together, Sara hasn't really laughed or smiled this much, nor has Grissom been so easy with the other CSIs taking the leads or been more laid-back about politics and so forth. With two exceptions they've been great together at work, only getting lightly shippy now and then and even their angst is pretty mild.

Yes. DVD Quality will stop my soul from withering...

Velveeta, perhaps?

I call it as I see it.

LOL!

[Int. Night: Grissom walks after Sara to where she's still slammed against the barred window. He stands behind her]

SARA : The crazy bastard attacked me!
    Grissom : I know, Sara.
    SARA : And you know what I hate about our judicial system?
    GRISSOM (Coming in closer): What, baby?
    SARA : That in six months he'll be in New York on a Miami crossover killing spree!
    GRISSOM : It's okay...
    SARA : What are you doing?
    GRISSOM : It's a Japanese massage technique. It's very soothing.
    SARA : Grissom?
    GRISSOM : I know that in the middle of a psycheatric ward, surrounded by incestual crazies, thinking about you own crazy mother and homelife is probably not the best time to do this, but I can't spend another moment without you Sara!

I AM, ho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.