Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Any

i've got a question. what do we actually know FOR REAL what their relationship was like in SF? i mean, they worked together, was he her profesor in college she attended or something??

It has never been 100% clear, but it sounds as though he did a seminar in San Francisco that she attended as a budding CSI, and they became friends or he trusted and liked her enough to then call her up for Warrick's investigation.

That was when she was a model. It is VERY different from her regular attire but still beautiful.

Imagine Sara wearing that around Grissom...scary!

Is kind of surprising to hear that CM was anti-GSR. For me she wasn't or at least in the commentaries in "Butterflied" she didnt seem anti-GSR.

As for the poll i was like some of ya'll in between the second and the third option. I was more for the third option because i thought that there was NO WAY that they could of have something going on. But then i was like then why would he call her specifically to come to Las Vegas? For Grissom to trust her that much was a indication that he liked her at some point. But i'll stick with the third option.

Is kind of surprising to hear that CM was anti-GSR. For me she wasn't or at least in the commentaries in "Butterflied" she didnt seem anti-GSR.

She was really more anti-relationship in general, it seemed. Even in Butterflied at the end, she pretty much says "and that's all there ever will be for GSR" and then it's David Rambo who cuts in and goes "Or is it? Stay tuned".

Her tone throughout stated that she knew this was about GSR, agreed that it was about Grissom finally letting his feelings on the matter be known, but that she wasn't that in favor of it continuing forward into the future.

But that could be, as she said, because there was a divide amongst everyone on whether GSR should ever happen. I think originally she was in the camp that said nay, but as the show-runner she now has to back it as it was ultimately her decision.

^Yeah and i can see why people were saying that she was anti-GSR because in the commentaries she kept on saying that she wanted the episode to be more Catherine and Grissom and she said like twice so that started the speculation that she ship Catherine and Grissom instead of Grissom and Sara.

okey i remember one scene that completely disapproves the theory about them being (sleeping) together in SF. i think it was in Too Tough To Die, but i'm not sure. the "do you want to sleep with me? - did you just say what i think you said?" scene. IMO grissom's expression CANNOT be interpreted differently - they couldn't have slept together before Vegas. he gave a completely WTF puzzled look, which said "nooo?? that was kinda inappropriate. i don't want to, and we never DID for that matter".

I agree, Adzix - like I said before, I think that CM may have spent a long time saying "no relationships", so she's sort of scrambling to rationalize GSR now. And really, had she been following along with what the writers and the actors were doing, she'd see that quite a few of her statements rang more than a little untrue.

It's not to say that it was impossible for something to have happened in San Francisco, and do keep in mind that she did say that many writers had many different opinions so we might be dealing with one persons' view and then anothers', but I'd rather look at what was on the screen as a canon progression.

And from that scene you just mentioned, I doubt that would be his reaction. I think he would've been more, "Sara, you know we agreed..."

That seemed more like Sara was finally adressing an elephant in the room for him.

No, I mean - obviously it's my guess, but I don't think that Sara was really in the mood to get it on after having a knife shoved to her throat.
GOD, what a PRUDE.

I voted option #2 in the poll. I can see the attraction being very strong and both wanting to act on it, but neither actually doing so. I also don't think that either have ever behaved as if they were in a past relationship together.

I don't care what CM has to say anyway, it's not like she has anything to do with the show anymore.

I don't care what CM has to say anyway, it's not like she has anything to do with the show anymore.

Judging by the fact that I don't see it on CBS's roster and that she was at that meeting... I think there's a strong possibility that her pilot flopped and she might be coming back to CSI.

She DID say, however, that while there were arguments on whether GSR should happen or not, she said that because she was the show runner, she "won".

So I guess she wasn't so anti-GSR after all.

In any event, she was the one happily trumpeting the news about the Gum Drops hotel room.

In many ways they couldn't really continue a relationship when Sara first came to Vegas because there would always be that ' you only got a job here because you're sleeping with Grissom' feeling from the other team members. It probably wouldn't matter how good a CSI Sara was, people would still attribute everything to her being with Grissom. Every promotion, working on her own, being able to 'run with the case', etc.

I don't think there was an intimate relationship in SF. Sure they did smile broadly when they first saw each other in LV but most people would be like that if they were seeing someone they hadn't seen for a long time. I think they were good friends and probably flirted lots but nothing actually happened. Maybe it would've if Grissom hadn't left SF.

Their relationship did hit rock bottom in the 3rd and 4th seasons and they did really need to become friends again before anything intimate could happen. Grissom was very wary of commitment. He was going to leave SF so they could've had a relationship there knowing that he had something to go back to but in Vegas should it not work out. If you are working together and then 'get' together you have to consider what would happen if your relationship doesn't work out. Can you continue working together after a split? I guess it depends on the circumstances of the split. I guess from this respect Grissom had much more to lose. Sara was younger and could probably get another job easily should anything happen but harder for Grissom and neither of them might've wanted to go.

I'm glad they took the step to finally be together. Because the relationship has been brewing for so long now you hope that everything will work out and they'll live happily ever after... sort of.

Sarah I think you might have hit the nail on the head about CM- maybe her show was a floparoo- and she'll return- ;) CSI and GSR was her "thing" so once again time will tell- and on the latest poll- I voted "absouletly no" flirted but only because he was her teacher and we all know how he is-- so straight laced and proper- as far as we know- :mad: maybe he's a tiger "elsewhere" anywho- here'a little strip banner for you all from different segments :p waves 'HI" to everyone ;)

post-6-1095583695-1.jpg

Just wanted to pop in and say to everyone: Kickass analysis of Sara's S4 angst. It certainly wasn't Grissom's fault in the sense that he wasn't really the catalyst... but the way he reacted to everything just made her life that much more sucky.

I'm glad to see that they've gotten over that. Heh heh.

While I don't think they had a relationship in San Francisco, it's certainly possible that they had a friendship where each one felt the pull of a little something more... but didn't act on it. And since time and distance usually intensify or lessen such yearnings, it's certainly possible that at the time Grissom placed that fatal phone call he thought of Sara as merely an old friend whom he could trust to investigate the Holly Gribbs situation before IA got their hands on it... and who was good enough to be worth convincing to join his team afterward, seeing he'd lost a CSI and hell, she'd be in town anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back