Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I thought it was about the coke too untill Danny said it!!

2. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

From 'wikipedia':

"A snow day in the English-speaking world is a day in which school classes are cancelled or delayed due to snow, heavy ice, or low temperatures. Sometimes the phrase 'snow day' is used for the cancellation of work in businesses as well."

In the case of this ep it has a double meaning...it refers to the coke AND to Lindsay's cancellation of work...

3. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

Thanx for that. I've never ever heard of that saying...maybe it is an American thing?!

4. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Ooh I was right!! Yay me!!
    I thought I may have just made it up but thanks dutch_treat for posting the actual meaning!

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Well done chelle but me and Danistheman just think its more of an american saying!! (To lower a level of blondness!!)

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, it's definitely an American thing. ;) The title obviously relates to that note, but I think it also relates to the drugs. If anything, I think the 'snow day' in the note was more of a little extra thing--I doubt they'd name the episode after the note. :rolleyes:

Question--when the Irish guys were shooting open the door of the vault: where in the hell did they get enough bullets to make that many holes? :rolleyes:

My mom finally watched the episode today--it was slightly hilarious the way she was yelling at the screen, especially when she thought Flack and company were going to shoot those two cops at the end. When Adam came running up she was like "thank God!" :lol:

7. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

as someone who works with those who are addicted to drugs, snow is slang for cocaine. The episode was probably more related to the 46 or 96 or whatever kilos of cocaine, rather than the note- but the note was an 'added' thing, as Faylinn stated above.

8. Kyle_Elliott

Kyle_Elliott Dead on Arrival

I usually try to maintain a slightly professional tone when I post, but "WHOO, THE EPISODE FLIPPIN ROCKED".

Can you say "Die Hard on Crack!"

The only problem I had with it is that it wasn't a two-hour episode, but that's just my t.v. fantasy, lol(I like long stories by the way).

-K

9. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

I just love this finale! It's different from the rest! Stella just rocked! It's full of action. Yeah, Peyton was really funny...she almost messed up Mac's silent plan...ahehe...

There were some Smacked moments of course but argh! Peyton!

I really love this episode...I give it an A + of course!

10. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

As both a CSI: Miami and CSI: NY fan, this got me fired up. So I gotta respond to this:
    We're not against Mac or Horatio having girlfriends, having some romance in their lives. It's just who they've been paired up with so far. Personally, I got no problem with Peyton. I like her and Mac. But Horatio and Marisol...blah!!! I didn't feel like there was any chemistry, fire, spark or even a puff a smoke there. It was like David Caruso and Alana de la Garza were having to put forth every acting skill they had and some they didn't trying to fake it. If it weren't for Ray Jr., I wouldn't mind seeing Horatio get involved with Yelina. But if things got very serious and Horatio and Yelina decided to get married. Ray Jr. would then become both Horatio's nephew and stepson. T:eek::eek: WEIRD!!!
    Now I wouldn't mind a Horatio/Natalia pairing. But I know there are still some people, some of them members of this forum/group and some not, that don't like Natalia.
    Now Danny and Lindsay, I've felt like those 2 have had some serious chemistry since their first scene together in season 2. I would love a Danny/Lindsay pairing. D and L 2gether 4ever.
    OK. I got that off my chest. I feel better now.

I still say this was the ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY BEST season 3 episode of CSI: NY. Talk about saving the best for last. Wish Miami had done that. The CSI: Miami season 5 episode BURNED seemed more like a season finale. Just my opinion.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, I would have loved that as well. They could have ended the first hour with us biting our nails about someone being hurt either in the warehouse or in the lab--or both. Then they could start up the second hour and go straight into the action--it would have also allowed them more time to tie up loose ends. Mac could have inquired about Danny and Adam, etc.

12. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

I think we should see Action! Mac more often.

13. KellyFan

KellyFan Civilian

I absolutely loved the finale! I was a bit disappointed at the Miami finale and hoped NY would be a bit more exciting. Boy did they deliver! Can the writers please instill some life in Miami too! Just a little. Please.

14. church2001

church2001 Witness

Woah!! A "Die Hard" situation in the lab was the last thing I ever expected to see on CSI and I'm now impressed that it worked so well. Sheldon taking out one of the gunmen was just plain cool (I almost expected him to say "No one out fights me in the morgue").

15. alisonn

alisonn Hit and Run

Well I guess it would have been a little better if they ddi make it longer, i mean this entire action packed episode in only 40 minutes? But i have to admit, i would've wet myself if it was 1.5 hours.