Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. privatename

privatename Rookie

In your opinion they have believeable chemistry. And that isn't to be snide or snotty. It is your opinion and while you are entitled to think that and many others agree, I think just the opposite. I don't think they have chemistry together. I find their interactions to be awkward and they make me cringe. However, that is my opinion and I know not everyone shares that.

If bashing him on the head and lugging his unconscious body onto the plane is the only other way to get him to take time off, maybe he really doesn't want to take time off and go on vacation. She shouldn't force him to. He has to make that choice and if it bothers her so much that he won't go with her then she has to choose what she wants to do with the relationship. They aren't married and its just a vaction -- if he doesn't want to go he doesn't have to go just because she wants him to. Relationships require compromises so if this were really important to her and he really cared for her then he might agree to go -- but, again it needs to be his choice.

That did seem slightly stalkerish. If she wants to know that kind of information, it should come from Mac.

Does she really have cheek implants? Frankly I have always thought she sort of looked like she has had a lot of plastic surgery, but assumed that she hadn't give that she is fairly young.

I very much agree with this. On a side note -- Horatio just creeps me out so I truly prefer to never ever think of him in a relationship with anyone -- woman or man. :)

2. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

^ sorry I know it's off topic but I agree... Horatio married was a really creepy experience...

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Hurrah! *waves Adam flag*

Haha, well said. :p

Oh, really? Who else feels that way? :D

Clearly, some of the fans care when they feel the main characters are being screwed over. And as for the 'traditional bedroom setting'--does every young pair of co-workers on a television show have to (possibly get drunk and) do the horizontal mambo? Yes, it's possible for people to work together and hook up--but it's also possible for people to work together and still keep it in their pants.

And I'm not exactly someone who demands that every character be Mr. and Ms. Missionary, anyway.

In my world, Horatio doesn't have a peen. :) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4. privatename

privatename Rookie

That is a brilliant story and I like it :)

5. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

Eww, peen.

Horatio to me seems like a loner..Maybe because they always zoom out to show him standing alone. We never see his house, we never see him on his way to work...He's just there, badge, gun, same suit and pin stripped shirt.

Quite weird, actually.

6. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

Thought I'd add my 2penithworth...EXCELLENT!!!
    ...BUT...
    PLEASE ...a motorbike in a 3rd/4th floor apartment? As for the pool table? Well, IMO, this added to the 'alcohol=casual sex' bar room scenario, leading me to believe that this 'relationship' is not and will not be serious TG. If they had been watching a movie/eating a meal, then had sex, it would point more towards their 'relationship' being a little more serious than paying off a debt with a 'little somethin', somethin'
    As for Flack and his many guises...yeah, not real-life, but there is sometimes a need for artistic licence, otherwise the programme would be over-run with Detectives or every episode would be about the same subject.

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I was woundering the same thing.... How do you get a motorbike and pooltable up to the 3rd/4th floor??

8. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Top , quite possibly, i was cringing and wincing for most of that scene so i could very well been mistaken, but i assumed by the fact it wasn't Messers phone (which means if he did dial the number which would make sense, he knows Don's number of by heart :devil: *does a lil dance*) and that the guy had to hold it in order for Danny to talk into it, Danny didn't dial. But i am more than happy to be wrong, I'd love for Danny to have Dons mobile number memorised! :D

9. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I'm sure he didn't dial from his own phone because the thugs smashed it up. I'm going with that Danny knows Flack's number off by heart!! Yay!
    That scene was just horrific to watch - his hand bluergh! Made me wince!

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I might just be having a real blonde moment but what does danny mean when he says 'enjoy your snow day' on his note????

11. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Isn't a Snow Day a day that children/adults get when their school or workplace closes due too bad weather!
    It's like an unoffical holiday!
    I'm sorry if that's not right - it what I've always thought it meant!

12. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

You've just reminded me that I wanted to ask this too (Let's hope that it's an American phrase, 'coz I don't want to think about having 'blonde moments' either!!!) I thought that title referred to the drugs, until I heard Danny say it (in a drop-dead-sexy voice)

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I have know idea I suppose that makes sense and I didn't really think about it untill the 2nd time I watched it!

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Danistheman, thats what I thought!! Knowing me it'll be something really obvious!!

15. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I thought it had to do with the Coke until Danny said it :D

Overall, one of the absolute best NY episodes. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. It was my favorite to date.

It kept you into it, but it didn't get boring or off focus.