Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require

coolcatz said:
yeah, and sometimes dirty laundry leads to lots of fun activities when you've just gotten back from a vacation...

i'm living way to much in csi fanfic now.
Hahaha right on! That comment immediately reminded me of your fanfic, coolc. :D Thanks for the recap, kaylyne. I'm looking forward to watching the episode later tonight. It seems that I'm going to enjoy both the case and the OMG team dynamic. *inserts sarcasm* And Anne, Catherine flashing him Tom and Bob is actually a great idea. Mmmm. :lol:

lol Anne, I'd love that.

I didn't watch the ep yet, so thanx for the summary, Kay
I must say I'm pretty curious to see those CG scenes, since it's been a while since I've been able to say that.

For what I've heard, the last 60 seconds could be interpreted in different ways...One of them makes u wanna throw up. :D

But the other one...As coolc said in the Spoiler Thread, couldn't it be that T_TB are suggesting a redemption of the show?
I didn't see it, so i may be totally wrong..but, u never know.

Cath: Here's the deal, Gil. You make me happy, I unbutton a button. You piss me off, I button one up.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Gotta say I love the plan, Anne. :D

I don't know, Fra. I think TPTB probably left it open to the audience so that everyone can interpret it in their own way. Of course I'm for the not-so-happy one but that's just me and my PureJoy-ness. :D And because they left it open, then can continue with anything they want without surprising people too much. I'm sticking with my (actually Catherine's) "expecting the worst" theory, though. So that I don't get disappointed at the end. Let's just wait and see. :)

And we're back tpo the "We're doing it because People's choice awards are nera and we need to be voted also by Purejoy shipper"

I'm not an idiot, if I vote isn't for the show anymore (sad to say) but because the actors must be rewarded for their hard work.
And if they think they can buy us with so little...Well, they're just SO wrong.
After all, it's not enough to say "Yes, we're back to ol'school".
As I said, it's forced, kinda thrown out there just to feed everyone.
Maybe it's just me, but it's nothing compared to the previous shine.

Eh, but you see, CSI has already won FOUR PCA awards. Four years in a row. I think the actors' hard work has already been widely recognized and the viewers have rewarded them for voting the show their favorite TV drama FOUR times. I'm not going to vote for CSI because of the actors since I'm one of those who have voted for them four times and now I'm pretty disappointed in the show. Now that I've watched a few episodes of House, I think I'll vote for it IF I do vote (I haven't yet) because quality wise, House isn't any worse than CSI and it's time for a newer show to shine and get rewarded. IMO CSI has a brilliant cast whose hard work is recognized both by the audience and pros with getting PCA (voted by viewers) and SAG (voted by professional actors). Although getting yet another award would be great, I don't think it's necessary. Not to mention the show's fellow nominees are also great shows and deserve a chance to win. I'd be happy for CSI if it wins at the end, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

Am I making any sense? LOL.

You're making perfect sense, Erica. I too voted for them year after year. But this year, it isn't that I'm less appreciative of the efforts of the actors, it's that a win could be construed as an endorsement of the line that T_TB have chosen to take. And I cannot lend them my endorsement.

Coming back to GC and Happenstance, I'm glad they FINALLY gave the audience more than a few seconds of GC interaction. Those of you who watched the show already, did you sense any strain? I read somewhere that there was some awkwardness/coldness between Warrick and Greg, so I was wondering if there was any between Cath and Gil too. I mean, the team had been torn apart practically since the first episode by a particular foolishness. The rifts surely cannot have healed so fast without straining credibility, since the writers are hell-bent on going down the relationship route.

Newbies! *waves* Welcome! :D

Not sure if it's still needed but just to be save:
OMG more than 20 secs of GC :eek:, and they take on bets! It's the best news I've heard so far! I bet they each kept the half of the dollar note, they really like to share stuff :D and I think gil will enjoy looking at it and thinking of cath, maybe it'll be an alternative cure when his migraine hits him again ;) I want to know about the gag scene and see how I'll interpret it, but that's until I find time to get to our Cozy Corner, I've been kept away for more than a week already :(

About cath showing off Tom and Bob, I hope there's some tush bopping too :devil:

rebec you need not put the spoiler tags once its 1am on the West Coast. :D

false advertising...AGAIN!!! let them advertise what they are pushing and see what happens.
LMAO!!! :lol: They did benefit from their false advertising because of all the GC promo pics and clips, CSI won in the fast national ratings. Look at what happened when they advertised a diffent thing in Double Cross.. CSI got their lowest ratings in their history. Yay for G/C in Happenstance! :D

Drumchik said:
Cath: Here's the deal, Gil. You make me happy, I unbutton a button. You piss me off, I button one up.

Sounds like a plan to me!
I definitely agree.. we need this kind of scene on the show. Catherine should ask the help of Warrick on how to bet lol.. One dollar isn't enough!

I got the top 5 choice s in the earlier poll and made the final thread title poll :D Gosh I hope I got this right.. If youre having a hard time (you can only choose two) the Mystery Thread title is a great choice. lmao. (if you wanna know what it is, ask coolcatz, she's the one who came up w/ the title) :D

Hello Dear --Great from Jackpot
and they are an EXTREMELY Healthy couple and she should flash Bob and Fred (or whoever her twins are called) at him maybe then he'll smile once in a while :eek:
is it me or is he not happy lately
maybe the sabbatical will help that?? :confused:

I only voted for the mystery title simply because I could and I knew. I thought you'd have told everyone in the new poll, though, Rissa. :D Anyway everyone vote for the mystery title. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. ;)

rebec, school still going after you? *pets* Good girl. LOL. Anyway I found all the C/G scenes in Happenstance cute. And although the chemistry was already obvious, it was not even half of what they used to have. I love how a lot of people seem to recognize the sparks between these two and agree that Gil has more fun when he's with Catherine. Their interaction was so great and Cath's face when she was ripping that one dollar bill in half was priceless. *waves* HELLO CUTIE PIE! :lol:

I like the mystery thread title... lol myserious alright! :p
and of course, if catherine needs someone, Griss is 101 percent behind her...*sighs*

You definitely made the right choice, mj. ;) Remember, we love the mystery. :D

Good news that Happenstance won the overnight ratings. I'm aware that the rank doesn't really make a big difference as long as CSI is still one of the top shows, but to me, the fact that more people tuned in to watch this episode says something. I think most of the viewers prefer episodes with a fun Grissom, more team dynamic and more scenes of the boys (OMG Warrick WAS there! *gasps*). I hope TPTB get the message, realize how badly they have screwed up and use this episode as the beginning of a change for good.

E its sooo obvious which kind of episodes and pairing were the winners in the ratings.
Its so cool, I read the reviews here and in the other communities and a lot of people were fond of the G/C scene in the episode. Not only the shippers but the regular CSI viewers as well missed Gil and Cath's interaction.

littlesara1 posted this ""seeing with the same eyes and tasting with the same tongue." It reminds me of Gil & Cath's relationship, you know, the tongue thing" in our cozy corner about this scene:
70830002xm7.jpg

So I looked out for it while watching the ep.. and I went down the gutter when he gave her a lingering look and did his signature Grissom pout.

Sorry guys. Edited to remove the smilie.

Hottie_Cath said:
E its sooo obvious which kind of episodes and pairing were the winners in the ratings.
Its so cool, I read the reviews here and in the other communities and a lot of people were fond of the G/C scene in the episode. Not only the shippers but the regular CSI viewers as well missed Gil and Cath's interaction.

littlesara1 posted this ""seeing with the same eyes and tasting with the same tongue." It reminds me of Gil & Cath's relationship, you know, the tongue thing" in our cozy corner about this scene:
70830002xm7.jpg

So I looked out for it while watching the ep.. and I went down the gutter when he gave her a lingering look and did his signature Grissom pout.

Sorry guys. Edited to remove the smilie.

While it was cute, it way exceeds the PG-13 meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back