Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Re: Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require

True, I didn't think of that. But you are right, Catherine is the only one who's actually put it on the line...and called him on it!

2. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Am loving all the discussions :) but first of all, welcome to the newbies!

I know I'm late on this but I just have to say that GC does make everything and anything hot and sexy: peanut butter, a piece of bone/rock, fur costumes, unintentional(?) bumps, elevators, SUV etc. When they talk about things that are already hot and sexy like silk, they burn up my tv screen :devil:

Love the ogling pics too! I just realised that there are CSI reruns over here at 1am (bad timing :mad:). I just watched F&L yesterday and there was MAJOR ogling between those two, plus the hair-eating, one-step-to-pregnancy scene, it totally made my day :D

About gil pinning cath down without her asking, I also realised that cath is the only person that gets to tie gil up without him asking( Formalities ), ok, maybe LH too but we got solid prove for GC :devil:

ITA that cath is the only one who dares challenge gil directly and from the looks that he gives her, I'd say he welcomes it. The others know the connection between them and that's why they naturally look to cath whenever they don't get something about gil and in Sara's case, when she thinks she needs to make him listen.

Gil and Cath update each other on their lives alright, there are seldom scenes that show that they are clueless about one another, no matter how long they've been kept apart they are still tight, it's just that T_TB refuse to show it on-screen and assume that in this way people will miss their connection. Fat hope.

*looks at post* That's the problem with staying away, I talk too much :lol:

3. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

we know cath is not afraid to challenge Gil. That's why their relationship is so great. She's not afraid to bring their issuse onto the table (so to speak :devil:).

Remeber PMJ? She didn't just take his scolding, she argues back and makes him offer the truce.

Bloodlines where she calls him "a supervisor above reproach", showing that she hadn't forgiven him in early rollout or No More Bets. She openly challenges him

That line in Swap Meet "Why do I always feel like I'm defending myself to you?" Cath...she knows that if she wants to agrue with him, she needs a strong defense.

King Baby, in the morgue where she gives him hell for not waiting for her in the morgue

need I go on?

She's not afraid of confrontation with the guy, but thats our cath. She always faces her problems head on.

Plus she probably knows that after she and gil have their little tiff, they always make up :devil:

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Again, good point there, 27dayz. True, Catherine is probably the only one that challenges Gil without any hesitation, and Gil accepts it. I think that causes great stimulations between the two and help them become even closer (if possible. LOL). I also think it's her open mind and honesty to Gil plus Gil's acceptance that make others agree she always gets him and he always listens to her. That's definitely a very healthy relationship to me. :)

Btw, love your signature. :D

5. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

ITA 27dayz. If you truly care for each other and you mean well, there is no point in being sarcastic and cryptic.
    Although the irony is that they also have the old married couple vibe--they understand what one is thinking or feeling even without talking to each other. I guess they're just good in balancing things out, they know when to talk, to open up, to listen or to shut up..
    True! Making out is my favorite part after they argue lol.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

OMG! I can think of a lot of occasions where they make up passionately. Pledging Mr. Johnson, Strip Strangler, The Accused Is Entitled, Lady Heather's Box, After the Show, Early Rollout, No More Bets, No Humans Involved, King Baby, Weeping Willows...and so many more. :lol:

7. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

so he's pinned her down without asking, she's tied him up, they've fought and made up, they've shared their personal lives, she's there for him when he needs her...always...

seems to me t_tp spout one thing and inadvertantly have proven another.

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Happy Thanksgiving to those who live in the States. Are you going to have your Thanksgiving dinner and watch Living Legend after? (You don't have to answer that, coolc, I already know you won't watch. :D) No Thanksgiving in where I live, but I certainly hope tonight's episode will be as enjoyable as the dinner you are going to have. LOL. Of course, to make it delicious, we'll need PureJoy. :)

9. CatGrissomFan

CatGrissomFan Prime Suspect

I'm eating dinner around 7 because my sister is coming over then. After that we will watch Survivor and then I'm going to watch CSI, which I've continued to watch this season and am actually enjoying (minus all the GSR stuff), and then I'm going to do something else but I don't know what yet lol.

10. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

e, i am so not watching. i'd rather watch snow on the screen and wait for the poltergeists.

now, purejoy at thanksgiving...you know this will be a hard year for cath after loosing sam. and poor gil won't get any turkey (and we know he loves meat). maybe they will both get called in to work and have to work a case all by themselves.

ps, e and ali the next chapter is well under way.

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Happy Thanksgiving to all, even if you don't celebrate the holiday. I'm just getting ready to head out for the big feast at my brother's house, then will join in helping as he's remodeling part of his house (he knows what to do to get free help!)

I remember last year's Thanksgiving episode was Dog eat dog and how CG and David had different views on eating at the place they found the dead guy:
    CATH: This place used to make a hell of a meatloaf sandwich. (to Grissom) You ever eat here?
    GRISSOM: Not since the chef blew his brains all over the kitchen.
    DAVID: I eat here all the time. I like the chili.

Just goes to show that a coroner can eat anything, anywhere!! Then Catherine had to go to the hot dog eating contest with Brass.

That was really one of the first shows that continued with a humorous light throughout the episode, not just the pre-intro zinger.

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hehehe we also discovered that Cath loves Anut Jackpot pretzels! :lol: Man, although Dog Eat Dog was kind of gross in some way, especially when you watched it after having your Thanksgiving dinner and had Brass greet you with "happy Thanksgiving", I still liked it. Some of the scenes were really cute.

And it's time to start our new thread, people. Please head to Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In A Tub!

Um yes, that's our mystery thread title, thanks to coolc. :lol: See you there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.