Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

[​IMG]

So. Here it is. Welcome to Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise :)

Congratulatons to PureJoy shippers. We made it to thread #24. I believe a party is waiting for us. *hands everyone hotdogs* :lol: Make yourself comfy and enjoy the PureJoy love. Make sure you comply the board rules while posting, though. :D

For your interest, this is where we came from: Gil <3 Cath #23: PureJoy--It's Her Buttprint © on His Desk!

I have archived Gil <3 Cath threads #0.5 through #10. If you'd like to read them, pm me and I will get you a copy. Here are the titles and links of our previous threads:

Grissom/Catherine – Because He Misses Her Tushie! | Gil & Cath #2- Are You Gonna Be My Girl? | Gil & Cath #3- Shall We Do The Room? | Gil & Cath #4- Is That A Hickey? | Gil & Cath #5- The Wife Hates It When We’re Apart | Gil & Cath #6 – suv lovin’ boptush! | Gil & Cath #7: Cleaned Up, Oiled Up, Sexed Up | Gil & Cath #8 – It’s Written in the Stars | Gil & Cath #9 – Cuz She’s Seen His Big Screen | Gil & Cath #10 – Pinned Down Without Asking

Gil & Cath #11- Teh Hot Married Couple
    Gil & Cath #12: Platonic My Gluteus Maximus
    gil & cath #13: so rock and roll
    gil <3 cath #14: because she comforts the little guy
    Gil <3 Cath #15 -'The Big Teasers'
    Gil <3 Cath #16 Cuz She Tweaks the Little Guy
    Gil <3 Cath #17: Destined to Go Beyond
    Gil <3 Cath #18: He is Her Mad Scientist Raawwrr!
    Gil <3 Cath #19: Soul and Heart-Meant for Each Other
    Gil <3 Cath #20-Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone! "PureJoy"
    Gil <3 Cath #21: he's UP in bed while she's shaking her head
    Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

And the thread that started it all: Grissom/Catherine #0.5 (pm me if you'd like to read it.)

Wow, we've definitely come a long way, haven't we? Shall we celebrate? ;)

2. AngelEyez

AngelEyez Coroner

Yay! *the useful one steps in* Congratz!!

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*starts celebrating*

We also need brownies, Erica. And Screwdrivers ;) And popcorn. Wow. Gil and Cath have eaten a lot of food together, haven't they?

And I must say I LOVE the new thread title!!

*blows balloons up*

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Are we missing the "PureJoy" in our thread title? Hmmmmm!

Since I'm still in a "Gil's become an unrecognizable schmuk" mode, I don't have anything new to bring to the party, so thought I'd dig something out of the archives:
    CG the one I turn to
    CG fur and loathing

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Kaylyne I love your additions. Beautiful wallpapers!

Continuing our discussion from the previous thread about Catherine knowing about Gil's hearing loss, I felt as well that the scene where the team is eating Chinese, and Catherine and Gil are sitting at opposite ends of the table and she tries to bring him into the conversation, she's almost testing him, and making sure he's okay with her: "Grissom? What do you think?"

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

She knows that something is wrong with him. They're discussing all the evidence they have, and he doesn't even seem interested. She would know this is strange because she knows he's "all about the evidence". Then his responding comment: "Yeah. None of it matters. It's one of those few cases where physical evidence isn't helping us much." Kind of shows you that he's lost when he can't rely on the evidence. Since now he can't rely on his sense of hearing, we see him letting the others take more of a prominent role in finding the answers, and letting Cath be more of the leader - which is extremely evident in One hit wonder. That's the episode where I think everything fell into place for Catherine solving the puzzle of Gil's behavior:
    CATH: Aren't you coming?
    GIL: You can handle it.
    CATH: High profile case, technicalities ... that can't be why you do this, why you hang back and hide out.
    GIL: You look better on-camera.
    CATH: Right. I didn't think so.

7. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Glad that I'm in time for the new thread! I love the title! :D *Throws confetti*

Wow, you guys notice so many subtle things that I didn't see, too bad I have to head out now, will join in the discussion when I get back. Bye! Save some hotdogs for me after the party ;)

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

That's true Kaylyne. She was really a little bemused by that statement from him.

And I agree that she was definitely curious by the time ItB came around. Also, I think that given that she may have known what was on so early, she might have been spending a lot of ItB trying to get him to open up to her. Maybe she was hoping that instead of pushing and prodding him, he'd tell her what was going on.

Of course, since this is Grissom going on, poor Cath should have known better by now ;)

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Sorry I got distracted and didn't answer the question right away. LOL. The reason why PureJoy isn't in our thread title is there's a character limit to thread titles and I coldn't put PureJoy into it. :lol: Doesn't really matter that much. Everyone knows it's PureJoy any way. :D

Btw, does anyone recall our latest quote? Also, I think we can start making the case list coolc suggested earlier? How about we start from season one? I'll list the cases first and you guys can go ahead and talk about them. :)

Season 1 C/G Cases:

• 1x02 Cool Change
    • 1x04 Pledging Mr. Johnson
    • 1x07 Blood Drops
    • 1x08 Anonymous
    • 1x09 Unfriendly Skies
    • 1x11 I-15 Murders
    • 1x13 Boom (seperated later)
    • 1x14 To Halve and to Hold
    • 1x15 Table Stakes
    • 1x17 Face Lift
    • 1x19 Gentle, Gentle
    • 1x22 Evaluation Day
    • 1x23 Strip Strangler
    There. :)

ps. Great work, kay. I love them. :)

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Well, technically, the first case was the "Holly" case. So Gil didn't actually "give" it to her - she took it-, and they didn't work together, but he did come and check on her at the end outside the morgue to see if she needed his help and give her his support.

11. cath4gil

cath4gil Pathologist

Bit late for the party, but yay for the new thread, and very cool title as well whoever thought of that one :D

12. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Yay! New thread!! [​IMG] Congrats on number 24! [​IMG]

I gotta finish reading number 23. :lol:

ETA: Great title!! [​IMG] How so true! [​IMG]

-------------------
    [​IMG]

13. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

congrats on the new thread.

i really like their relationship dynamic on the show. their such good friends, and they work really well together, i like their scenes together, shes very supportive of him, and him of her. which is really nice.

14. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

Yay!
    Congratulations, everybody. :D
    May this new topic bring some new Happiness in the GC world.
    And maybe some sanity to TPTB. ;)

Kay is right...Probably the morgue scene was the first TRUE PureJoy scene...He was so kind and caring...And she looked like moved by his behaviour...
    Oh, ol'times...
    Hope they come back. :)

15. rebec

rebec Police Officer

I think the last quote was:

ren got the right answer first then CSIangel so we're waiting for them to post the next quote, whichever one of them gets here first ;)

For the Holly Gibbs case, I loved how cath took the case even though gil was against the idea. Because it was the first episode, I was impressed and amused that cath did not hesitate to get into his face like that and that he had no idea how to reject her. I realised then that their realtionship is different, they are much closer and must have shared some history. Come to think of it, I think this is the scene that officially got me hooked :D

The morgue scene *sigh* he's there for her and she didn't push him away, I hope they come back too Fra ;)

This episode has alot of the old gil, he looked out for his team mates (gave warrick another chance) and he showed genuine concern, we could still see the caring gil underneath the no-nonsense demeanor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.