Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without He

Hehe good point coolc. If they love drama, they really should have gone that way. :lol: I don't mind having a new part for Lindsey's Party (actually I'd love it), but I think I could use some fluffy smut right now. ;)

well you may get both. i found a new smut possibility at work today (oh shut up!) and the next chapter is possibly well under way.

now back to gil/cath/linds. i think that those who have a problem with how she's raising linds have no clue about raising kids period. we know her background and we know how fierce she can be when she believes in something. well, she believes in her daughter. she doesn't want her having to go through the things she's gone through. and i think that that really comes out when people try to tell her how to raise her daughter, well everyone but gil. she listens to him.

I agree with rebec when she said that the people who think that Catherine puts her personal and work life before her family, need to get their brains checked. As can be seen in Unfriendly Skies, Lindsey is her first and foremost priority and no one can doubt that. :lol: She's an amazing mother and we all know it.

As to Gil/Cath/Lindsey. Gil is the only person who has given Catherine advice as to how to raise Lindsey and I think that sort of shows that he is more of a father figure than anyone else, than Eddie probably. I don't know if that's foreshadowing on TMTB's part or my wishful thinking that TMTB were still TPTB. :lol:

What we need are more Gil/Lindsey scenes, then we would sort of know how Gil would shape up ;)

More Gil/Lindsey scenes? We need a Gil/Lindsey scene. LOL I'm actually surprised that we haven't had a Gil/Lindsey scene to date. Yes, we've had Catherine and Gil discussing Lindsey, we've had Gil mentioning Lindsey, but we haven't had a single scene with Gil and Lindsey actually being in the same room together. Here's hoping we'll get that in season 7! (Might very well happen - finally.)

And I agree with what's been said about Catherine's relationship with Lindsey. All kids think their parents are away too much (and with Catherine's job and work hours, it doesn't make it a whole lot more easier either) - until they start thinking the parents are around way too much instead. Lindsey wanted/wants attention like every other kid, and I truly believe Catherine is doing the best she can. And I think she's doing a great job, too. Parenting isn't easy. There are so many people out there who shouldn't even be parents in my opinion. Catherine is not one of them; she'd do anything for Lindsey.

But ah, yes. I'd love to finally get a Gil/Lindsey scene or a Gil/Catherine/Lindsey scene. About time!

actually i think that gil is the only one to mention lindsey without cath around.

EricaSJ said:
A dolt is like a fool. :D

Great thoughts about Catherine and Lindsey, rebec. But you forgot one thing...she'd go all the way to kill the man causing trouble on the plane if Lindsey was there. ;) People sometimes forget that teenagers and pre-teens could be quite rebellious and they don't really mean what they say all the time. A lot of parents have experience dealing with kids like that, and I don't understand why Catherine has to be an exception.

Thanks Erica , I'm pciking up quite alot of new words here :lol:
*hits myself* How could I have forgotten about unfriendly skies? I really should get my dvds soon.......

ren28 said:
It struck me that the bowtie scene was just PureJoy. There was absolutely no need for it. Nor the glued bowtie bit either. Sure the show would not have half sizzled the way it did and the story would have been totally flat and forgettable minus the PureJoy moments, but the storyline (*yawn*) would have held up regardless.

As for the Cath-catching-Gil-talking-to-himself scene,Cath seemed more than just amused to me. I think she knows where the "new technique" came from. I sensed a slight tinge of jealousy in that look and tone of voice she used on him. And that little moment of hesitation when he said she was to take the clothes from the guys, that glee with the glint in the eye. Provocation! That was quintessential Cath when with her man. How I wish the writer would give Marg and Billy more scenes like these to play with.

ren now that you've mentioned it, I just realised that I can't remember anything about the case in Formalities :lol: It really was just a great epi for memorable scenes only but if billy and marg are given more of these scenes in s7, I don't think I'll care that much about the plots :D I'll be too preoccupied to take much notice

But seriously, billy and marg have to be given more chances to showcase their dynamics. I will rather they get together as a couple on another show/film and make good use of their natural chemistry then waste their time on a show run by people who do not have the sense to make maximum use of this special advantage (aka good actors + perfect chemistry)

^ Hehe, looks like I've forgotten something, too. kaylyne is the queen of remembering the plots. ;)

So. How about Ch-Ch-Changes? The first thing I recall when thinking about this episode is the scene where they went to the backstage of the show and Catherine touched Gil's arm when they were going downstairs while he asked her whether she had worn those costumes in her dancing days. :lol:

About the chemistry...I don't ship Marg/Billy (Marg/Alan is my real-life OTP, haha), but I'd love to see the chemistry continue somewhere else if not on CSI. Me thinks they should do a movie together and play the ultimate couple in it. :D

Same here E. I'm not a Marg/Billy shipper. I can't see the two of them playing other characters as a couple. Sometimes, that really doesn't work. Only in a few instances that I can think of where it works. Some of my favorites: Mel Gibson/Rene Russo, John Wayne/Maureen O'Hara, John Ritter/Katey Sagal. Marg/Alan is good, but I don't really like when he plays a bad guy (but he does it quite well).

5x08 Ch-Ch-Changes:

* --CG in the teaser--
CATH: Not much traffic. Makes it a lot easier to run someone off the road ... (quietly)... and slash their throat.
GRISSOM: She was slashed south of the border, as well.
CATHERINE: Women in convertibles are low-hanging fruit.
GRISSOM: -- And it was a top-down night.

Dang! I like it better when Cath gets the last word in during their conversations!!!

* --a hold over from CF?--
DAVID: That's a nice ring. It's at least four carats. (sees Catherine's look) We've been shopping. Lots of surgical procedures here: Artificial breasts, cheek implants ... collagen lips ... you'd be surprised how many women I get on this table with fake parts.
CATH: Plastic lasts longer.

* --CG/Doc reviewing Doc's findings in autopsy--
It's interesting to note that they don't get flustered when talking about that type of sexual stuff between the three of them.

* --The scene E was talking about--
GRISSOM: Aborigines say they dance naked to make the gods happy.
CATH: The gods would be happy in Vegas.
GRISSOM: Did you ever see any transsexuals when you danced?
CATH: Gil, only civilians confuse strippers and showgirls. You can't cheat the full monty.
- - -
CATHERINE: Hello, ladies.
SHOWGIRL: Hi, honey.
CATHERINE: I'm Catherine Willows. This is Gil Grissom. We're with the crime lab. Do any of you know if Wendy Garner worked last night?
PINK: No, she had the day off. But she should be working tonight. And she is late. That's not like her.
PURPLE: Why, did something happen to Wendy?
CATH: Unfortunately, she was found dead last night.
PINK: It was all those hormones she was taking, wasn't it?
PURPLE: Shut up. What do you know?
GRISSOM: Do you know that Wendy was a, uh ... ?
PURPLE: Trannie? All the best showgirls are.
PINK: Yeah, and it don't matter if they're packin' a lop job or a gaff.
GRISSOM: Okay, lop job I get. What's a gaff?
MIMOSA: It's like a jockstrap, only it hides what it's supposed to strap.
PURPLE: We all get work done. Who cares if it's up north or down south? Pretty's pretty.
CATH: So do you know where she got her work done?
PURPLE: You want the best, you go to Dr. Mercer.

I like how Cath just feels at home backstage. It also reminds me that since her mom was a showgirl, I'm guessing Cath was backstage quite often during that time too.

* --finding ugliness in the storage garage--
(that scene was the grossest I've seen yet on CSI)
CATH: Yeah?
NICK: What do you think went on here?
CATH: Someone outsourced their health care to the wrong provider.

Interesting that Nick still turns to Cath for answers - just like in CF

* --imagine the cramps--
ROBBINS: Piano wires. They're used to mobilize the lower part of the abdominal skin and anchor the neo-vagina, so it can heal in place.
CATH: I can only imagine those cramps.
ROBBINS: The surgeon stuffs the portal with a cylinder wrapped in gauze to hold its shape while it heals, and sutures it.
CATH: And how long does milady have to wear a wire?
ROBBINS: Well, after five days, the vagina is un-sutured, and the wires are removed. Scarring indicates multiple surgeries. She appears to have gone in for repair due to infection.
CATH: I take it that wasn't supposed to happen.
ROBBINS: Maybe someone wasn't taking their hormones.
CATH: Or they were taking some bad Mexican bootlegs. Now, that is more than a five o'clock shadow.
ROBBINS: It's a myth that hair grows after death. What happens is, the skin contracts, revealing whiskers.

* --they all know who--
NICK: We know the name of the butcher.
CATH/WARRICK/SARA: (together) Benway.
GRISSOM: Okay. What do you know about him, and do we have an address?

This is cute, because the two groups have done their separate parts of the case, and you see how they've come up with the same conclusion. It just reinstates that there's more than one way to come up with the same answer. Even in forensic science.

* --Gil/Mimosa--
I loved the ending where Gil tells Mimosa what happened. Again you see Gil being sympathetic to those who are different.

EricaSJ said:
So. How about Ch-Ch-Changes? The first thing I recall when thinking about this episode is the scene where they went to the backstage of the show and Catherine touched Gil's arm when they were going downstairs while he asked her whether she had worn those costumes in her dancing days. :lol:
Oh you mean this scene?

*Squee*
GIL: Did you ever see any transsexuals when you danced? CATH:Gil, only civilians confuse strippers and showgirls. You can't cheat the full monty.

Ah, Gil in a curious mode is so adorable. :D They come from different worlds, and both of them had various experiences and I love how they can exchange ideas on those different topics.. cuz they end up learning more about each other and the world.

EDIT: Thanks kay for the recap of the ep.. I've only seen the episode once, so I only remember the GC scenes. Oh and JSYK, Marg said that Ch-Ch-Changes was one of the creepiest eps she had done.

Yeah, I think Marg mentioned that in one of the red carpet interviews with Melissa Rivers. She was wearing the purple dress *sigh*.

That pic is SO GC. The subtle, familiar touching. Cath still teaching Gil about things on the "dark side" of the tracks.

Ooooh me loves that pic! You got that dang right, Kay. I think if it weren't for Catherine, Gil would never know so much about the "dark side" of Vegas, and Catherine's relationship with Sam definitely plays a big part in that.

it was a really gross ep (the scene in the storage building made me gag!) but i do love the full monty convo. however...does this mean gil never saw her dance or was just curious if she ever worked with a tranny and did see her dance?

and i too loved the end scene. that was so grissom to be so accepting of he/her (btw props to mcboring's wife --what's her name? cuz she rocked in this ep).

and hottie, thanks for the picture. that was a great moment. so simple but yet it completely defines why gil/cath work so well together and why casual viewers assume they are a couple.

oh and fyi/ot. mentioned csi at work and a coworker said "you watch that?" i said "i did till the end of last year after what they did" another coworker said "why" and the original one said "oh, i know what you are talking about." she wasn't a happy camper either.

I love that pic too, Hottie! That's one of my favorite GC scenes. Gil was adorable there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back