Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without He

actually i think billy will pretty much go back to theatre, no need to worry about typecasting there. and marg has worked continuously during the run of the show so again no prob.

Hehe Gravy and rebec, being a Marg/Billy FRIENDshipper is one thing, but wanting them to get together is another. I love their friendship and I'm always glad to see their off-screen interactions just like you do. However, hoping them to leave their families and hook up with each other is just *shivers again* so wrong and I mainly refer to people doing this when I mention the term Marg/Billy shippers. :) It's great that they are close friends in real life, but that's all. Their families deserve to be respected, too. Besides, Marg/Alan and Billy/Gina are two beautiful couples. :)

coolcatz said:
get lost and lonely and make stupid decisions?
Hmm. Soooo... maybe that harakiri-in-Hawaii scene was Billy protesting his loneliness since Marg his good friend hadn't been around much, and even when around, wasn't allowed to play at making sizzling scenes out of bland scripts with him??? :(

Did someone say he was looking bored? :rolleyes:

weepingwillows said:
I actually think they could pull it off, too. However, I'm not sure if anyone would actually cast them against each other in a movie. Not because they don't have fantastic chemistry - I think everyone and anyone can see that they do - but because I think most producers would be afraid that the audience would only see Gil Grissom and Catherine Willows in front of them. In other words, I think Billy and Marg would be able to pull it off beautifully, but I think producers would be very wary of doing it. However, if they were to wait quite a few years after the show is over, it could very well happen. I know I'd personally LOVE to see it.

Completely agree ww. A few years down the line, could see them both in a movie or TV drama, playing characters that were so different from Gil and Cath, and I think the audience would so buy it

ren, i'm totally going with that theory cuz it's the only one that makes any sense.

Marg and Billy are just good friends and I think it's great because in Hollywood it seems rare to have friends !
As for the two of them doing a movie or a TV show , I think they know that viewers would watch them just as Cath and Gil , at least, if they'd play together just after the end of CSI! as for the Billy's play in december . I'm sure that a majority will go to see the CSI's star . But, hey, it's comprehensible !

Return to CSI: I'd love to see a Lindsey/Gil scene , just to see if they're really closed or not !

I don't know anything about Kay Panabaker as an actress. And I don't know how she'll play off Billy as Lindsey. Has anyone seen her on screen before?

As for Marg and Billy being unable to shake off the Cath & Gil thing, I'm a bit more optimistic. Grissom is a rather peculiar... No, let me say that again: Grissom was a rather peculiar man and part of the great Marg/Billy thing was the way each constructed their character around the other's. I think that is why we have such a perfect fit. I mean, people have always talked about how Grissom is Billy's creation. I think Catherine Willows is equally Marg's creation. I suspect they both defined the contours of their characters such that we get a pretty tight tandem in the Gil/Cath pairing.

Now if they were to appear on screen as totally different people, I'd say they could pull it off wonderfully. I know Marg can. I'm sure Billy can too.

I'm not optimistic about CSI but I am about Marg and Billy's acting skills. :D

Ren I agree with you that billy and marg will be able to do a good job in portraying any characters they are given, but if they are to do a kissing scene, maybe people will watch them and go "I wish gil and cath had done that"

Oh if anyone hasn't seen the new clip posted by tushie_mama on CSI: AY AY over at BTA, you should really go watch it, it's quite a brilliant piece of work ;)

I'm not saying they couldn't be able to do a great job but it will be hard for the viewers to forget Grissom and Cath, after watching them week after week for 7 seasons in CSI .

I'm glad to see that you can be optimistic, Ren :lol:

catherine we all know you have faith in billy's and marg's acting skills and to tell the truth GC is really hard to forget (found that out since s1) ;)

IMO, Billy and marg in another show as different characters will produce a different kind of dynamics that will still captivate the audience (don't find myself making much sense :p)

All I can say is that if they would ever work together in another movie/tv show, they'd better be paired as semi-involved with each other...where they can at least have the touchy/feely, no-words-needed, one-liner quip type of dynamic where the two actors can work their charm to its fullest. husband/wife would be my choice!! - maybe with a few kids to harass them. Something like John & Katey in "8 simple rules". I loved that show.

In my opinion too, Rebec ! I'd love to see them in another stuff and I know they'd do a great job (as always) but I just think that their CSI characters will follow them for a long time ! A lot of actors can't find a role after a successful TV show because of their character or if their character was a cop, they'll play a cop during all their career ... I suppose it won't happen for Billy and Marg because they had a long and great career before CSI ! ok, I'm babbling now :rolleyes:
Just one extreme example to try making sense too :
could you imagine Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh in an other movie together than GONE WITH THE WIND ? I mean, for me, they are and always will Butler and Scarlett O'Hara ! I said it was an extreme example :D

But once more, I'd love to see them playing together ! and as Kaylyne said why not in a husband/wife story ;)

Well, Hepburn & Tracy pretty much made a career of working together. John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara did five movies together. Even Maureen O'Hara & Brian Keith did 3 or 4 movies together. Back then it was very common for the same actors to work together quite often.

The only difference I see now is that Marg & Billy have been Cath & Gil for 6 full seasons already - and through most of that time - the #1 show on television. That's what people are going to identify with. It hasn't just been a single 2-hour movie, then move to the next one, just make them different characters. It'll be hard for M&B to get out of the CG stereotype.

That's my point . Today, TV shows have a great impact on the viewers . More than the movies .

I don't know anything about Kay Panabaker as an actress. And I don't know how she'll play off Billy as Lindsey. Has anyone seen her on screen before?
ZsaZsa saw her in one of her TV shows, she said she's a good actress. A lot of people say she's good.

cath4gil said:
Completely agree ww. A few years down the line, could see them both in a movie or TV drama, playing characters that were so different from Gil and Cath, and I think the audience would so buy it
Heya Tracey! Im in Princeton Plainsborough now. :D I totally agree, they are so talented it will be delight to see them on a project together outside of CSI. But before any of those movies and such, I'd like to see them on CSI. kthxbye. :lol:
Oh btw, just a while ago a newbie on CSI asked me if Gil/Cath were married lol! I told her they are! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back