Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do WO her

I think Eddie felt the way he did about G/C's relationship because he didn't want Cath out of his life permenately. I think that's why he might have done some of the things he did, to make her angry and to get her attention. Maybe he was afraid she would forget about him, and quite obviously he wasn't ready to be forgotten just yet.

So I think he was both scared and jealous that Cath had moved on.

And no, I don't think his actions were justifiable one bit! He was abusive toward Cath and put Lindsey in danger on a daily basis. Nuh-uh! :p

2. csigrillow

csigrillow Lab Technician

I've always wondered about the past connection between those three. Before season 6, I would have thought he was justified in that something occurred to make him feel that way but now I think the writers have once again dropped the ball and abandoned all thought of that subject.

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

It's all right there in PMJ:
    CATH: She had something on the side. I can tell you firsthand when you don't cheat, you don't suspect.

Therefore, those that DO cheat (like Eddie), suspect their spouse of cheating to ease their conscience. What are Eddie's grounds for the suspicion? Gil calls...Cath comes running, added to the fact that C&G are very close friends. That's good enough for Eddie's thinking.

4. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

^true. but gil was obviously familiar enough with him to call him ed (every other male has referred to him as eddie) which hints at a prior relationship between the two men.

5. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

You know what? That's a very strong possibility, but what if Gris just said that to sort of taunt him a little? Like saying 'she's done with you so leave her alone' by simply calling him 'Ed'? I'm probably reading way too much into this, but... :lol: :p

And Cath and Gil have been friends for a long time, before the first season :p They've both been at their jobs a lot longer than the other CSIs, so I'm sure G's had to deal with Eddie a lot.

6. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Ann! .. Lets annoy squishy with random questions.???

Squishy, In your own words what does canon mean to you?? (and no you can't mention no antiships in this)

And I hated Eddie, Fin.

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

However, after Gil calls him "Ed", he also says to "go home Eddie"

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Well - they were busy doing those hours!

9. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

^obviously. otherwise no wardrobe malfunction. and the scene woudl have been processed by the time the team arrived.

kaylyne, right. but...if there wasn't a familiarity he wouldn't have called him ed in the first place. even with the history between cath and gil i'm inclined to believe there is a separate history with gil and eddie.

as for goober, canon is well, that thing on ships that destroys other stuff. you've seen pirate movies, you know what i'm talking about.

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hehe we seem busy tonight. Could it be because a new thread is waiting for us? :D

Anyway, just wanted to remind everyone that I have Gil<3 Cath #0.5 through #10 backed up. If anyone wants to have a copy, you could just pm me. I have also saved as many pics posted in those threads as I could. ;)

Now, let's continue looking forward to the new buttprint...I mean thread. :lol:

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

She does make a nice buttprint on his desk, doesn't she?

You know, I wonder if he could like...get her buttprint.

Frame it perhaps and put it in his office?

12. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Yeah that's why for some reason I have forgotten some of the Eddie/Gil/Cath scenes already, lol. Does that mean I need to watch a CSI ep again? Come to think of it, its ok cuz most of those are Season 1 eps and I love Season 1. :D
    It was in that season where we saw Cath putting her buttprint on Gil's desk. (Season 1's Anonymous) Yayz! Time for a new thread..

Gil <3 Cath 23: Its Her Buttprint on His Desk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.