Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without He

Good point xitalian ! Never thought of that :lol:
he doesn't just need a woman, he needs a woman named catherine (and bobo don't you start crowing because I'm not talking about you :D) who will take the trouble to tie his bowtie everytime he needs to wear it

xitalianxromanc said:
okay i'm gonna go back to where sofia glued the tie...one question...how the HECK! is he supposed to get it over his head?

That bit of Formalities got me in stitches! My immediate thought was, "What a dolt that woman is!"

eh....what's a dolt? :confused:
Loved the looks on cath's face in that scene, even when sofia was walking into the room she had that territorial look that said "what do you want with my man?" :D

You know, if Gil's tux was a rental - Sofia just made him pay out more money in charges with her stupid gluing of the tie.

Yep, and I'm sure that Gil prefers Catherine doing his bow tie than the glued one !

And Rebec, let me dream, OK ? :lol:

A dolt is like a fool. :D

Great thoughts about Catherine and Lindsey, rebec. But you forgot one thing...she'd go all the way to kill the man causing trouble on the plane if Lindsey was there. ;) People sometimes forget that teenagers and pre-teens could be quite rebellious and they don't really mean what they say all the time. A lot of parents have experience dealing with kids like that, and I don't understand why Catherine has to be an exception.

Anyway, Formalities...I really don't have anything to say since I'm not able to respond coherently just thinking about the bowtie scene. :lol: Love the scene where Cath caught Gil talking to himself, though. Her amused face and Gil's answer to her question always make me giggle.

ALso remember, in POTR, she would've killed the guy too (just not slept with him first) like Lady H.

^ Oh yes, how could I have forgotten about that? :lol: Hmmmm proves that season 6 wasn't really memorable for me, hehe. :D

27dayz said:
you know if cath and Gil would stop dancin around each other, there would be 2 sources of income to give lindsey a good life *hint hint TMTB*
LOL! This is definitely a great idea! Lets send this to TMTB. :)

^ I doubt they'll listen. LOL. Because they won't give up on making Lindsey a rebellious teeange girl who hates her mom for everything and HELLO! I heard they love drama like that! :lol:

oh please, her marrying gil/being with gil would give lindsey something new to rebel over.

But nothing tmtb could come up with for Lindsey would be as good as what you're writing though, Coolc :D

*blushes* you are so good for my ego. now i know why you are my handler.

ok people. new linds chapter or smut fluff?

Dang, that's a hard choice Coolc. Love the Linds fic, but some new GC smut fluff would be great!!

EricaSJ said:
People sometimes forget that teenagers and pre-teens could be quite rebellious and they don't really mean what they say all the time. A lot of parents have experience dealing with kids like that, and I don't understand why Catherine has to be an exception.
Indeed. Many parents prepare themselves psychologically for those turbulent years way in advance. My boy is 10, and I'm prepared for the day when every one of his answers to my questions will be a bored and dismissive "Whatever!" along with a whole set of other changes. I can imagine Catherine would be ready for, and accept, the challenges of parenting during those difficult years, and understand that Lindsey needs to go through the rebellion, but also that as her mom, she (Cath) needs to stand firm so that Linds would feel secure and emerge into the lovely person that she is potentially.

People who criticise Catherine haven't a clue what they are talking about. :rolleyes:

*OK. Getting out of the MOMS UNITE mode" :D

EricaSJ said:
Anyway, Formalities...I really don't have anything to say since I'm not able to respond coherently just thinking about the bowtie scene. :lol: Love the scene where Cath caught Gil talking to himself, though. Her amused face and Gil's answer to her question always make me giggle.
It struck me that the bowtie scene was just PureJoy. There was absolutely no need for it. Nor the glued bowtie bit either. Sure the show would not have half sizzled the way it did and the story would have been totally flat and forgettable minus the PureJoy moments, but the storyline (*yawn*) would have held up regardless.

As for the Cath-catching-Gil-talking-to-himself scene,Cath seemed more than just amused to me. I think she knows where the "new technique" came from. I sensed a slight tinge of jealousy in that look and tone of voice she used on him. And that little moment of hesitation when he said she was to take the clothes from the guys, that glee with the glint in the eye. Provocation! That was quintessential Cath when with her man. How I wish the writer would give Marg and Billy more scenes like these to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back