Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without He

I know that, believe me.

My fanfics? um...they're coming along with the lack of time. I'm really trying to get it together and get sometime to myself to work on them but being in high school and all, it's hard. I know it's the summer. I promise I'll get to working on them.

ecklie knew damn well what he was doing when he split the team. gil wanted cath to get the dayshift promotion because of lindsey. he even went out of his way to talk to ecklie about it. this wasn't about "breaking up the team" but about "breaking up" gil and cath. tmtp were publicly stating they were doing this because people didn't work together this long in real life but the reasoning (with the addition of sofia) was obvious. the shame was that louise is an excellent actress and was wasted in a role that made no sense and the whole team dynamic was lost in addition to loosing the gc dynamic. the best part was that we had some of the best gc scenes ever because of this goof.

Oh yeah. Although I hated that they split up the team, this move did bring us some of the best PureJoy scenes ever. The fetal pig, the coming-in-early, the "I miss your tushie", the "he hit you", the mom and dad in Grave Danger...

How I loved him for speaking up for Cath.

that was a really great scene. it wasn't the fact he was getting sofia that bothered him. it wasn't the fact that nick and warrick were being moved that bothered him. it was the fact that cath was getting the promotion and the worst possible shift she could get. i think it is interesting that the final scene was just the guys. again, showing that the split wasn't about the team.

About Mea Cupla , I was waiting/hoping for a gil-cath/team convo after ecklie dropped the bomb and was really disappointed that neither happened. The break-up should have a big effect on the team, so it would only make sense that the 2 supervisors or the team get together to talk about it (maybe even slime ecklie). Apart from nick, warrick and gil the others reacted like it was something that happened everyday, it was kind of OOC to me :rolleyes:

That final scene made me think of a father meeting his two sons to explain the divorce to them. It was a poignant moment.

I find it interesting (given where this wretched show has gone) that in quite a few of the powerful S5 GC moments, we saw Gil reaching out to Cath, as if fighting to maintain contact with her despite the separation.

I agree, he really made an effort, he was actually the one to make the most intiations to see her or talk to her. I remember one scene where he found out that he and cath are working the same case, his face just lit up with joy :)

this is just my 2p(im english) if they kill off sam that would mean cath owns half of LV that has got to cause problmes with cases and such?!!!
:eek:

Tushie, I checked his answer and I found it interesting ! I'm exactly using his words (sit down if you're not):
"I agree with that Grissom and Catherine are wonderful in their scenes together" :rolleyes: yeah right, so what are they cuting them ? as for Sam's character, he says: "Marg Helgenberger ans Scott Wilson are two terrific actors who really enjoy working together (...)"We're only just starting to put our ideas together for next season" ..... bla bla bla ! what wonderful ideas, indeed :mad:

Very interesting question, gems !

bobo said:
Tushie, I checked his answer and I found it interesting ! I'm exactly using his words (sit down if you're not):
"I agree with that Grissom and Catherine are wonderful in their scenes together" :rolleyes: yeah right, so what are they cuting them ?
There is a saying in English that goes like this: "Too many cooks spoil the broth." (or, in French [for Catherine]: Deux patrons font chavirer la barque.) I am suspecting that the very many people behind the scenes (some of whom are ardent shippers themselves) are causing the show to lurch this way and that. So, some might be yelling at the top of their lungs, "Sure, they are great together, but we don't want any of that! We want OUR ship. So CUT!"

bobo said:
as for Sam's character, he says: "Marg Helgenberger ans Scott Wilson are two terrific actors who really enjoy working together (...)"We're only just starting to put our ideas together for next season" ..... bla bla bla ! what wonderful ideas, indeed :mad:
Don't you just love the way these people agree with you and then turn around and do the exact opposite?

I'm not really surprised, Catherine, because...been there. :D Scott Wilson is a great, great actor. I got to know him during my X Files days and he was actually my favorite from those "bad guys". He just has this ability to make you like him even though he's playing a (relatively) bad person. The chemistry between him, Marg and Billy is so great that they have created some of the most unforgettable moments from CSI.

gems, that was an interesting theory. We'll see when the new season begins.

have a question - dont no if anyone can answer it, but how did Grissom know about Eddie cheating on Catherine?

ren28 said:
Don't you just love the way these people agree with you and then turn around and do the exact opposite?
I bet they have a model answer to write-in letters. Sometimes I feel that they just save a copy, change a few things here and there every time they need to answer a letter and voila! you get your return mail. They aim to please ;)

To all writers/editors/journalists out there, sorry if I sound too harsh, just my POV, please don't take it to heart :)

-------EDIT----------

CSIangel17 said:
have a question - dont no if anyone can answer it, but how did Grissom know about Eddie cheating on Catherine?
There were many theories formed about this, the most discussed one that I know of is that gil and eddie were friends (reason: they both liked music) so gil knew eddie was cheating. But to date I don't think there has been a definite answer given.

Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without H

CSIangel17 said:
We don't know about that. They never showed nor talked about it on the show. Quite a lot of people assume that Gil saw Eddie and his mistress (Melanie?) together accidentally.

rebec, I agree with the reply thing. I mean the show is a hit and they must have received tons of fan letters through the years. A built-in reply seems quite reasonable.

Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without H

EricaSJ said:
We don't know about that. They never showed nor talked about it on the show. Quite a lot of people assume that Gil saw Eddie and his mistress (Melanie?) together accidentally.

i think we should get to know how by at least when CSI finishes (way in the future I hope) and why Grissom didnt tell her, suppose he didnt want to hurt her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back