"Forget Me Not" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Rena

Rena Rookie

After reading some of the comments here I feel a little bit better. I'm not a particular GSR shipper like others, yet I very much like(d) GSR and want(ed) them to be together and stay together. I will never understand why producers play with that idea for years, bring them finally together, and then make them break up. It's like with Bones or Castle. One of the basic concepts of these two shows is the chemistry between the main characters and the possibilty - and now truth - of them having fallen for each other. I don't know why WP doesn't want to return even for a short appearance, like appearing at the door or so. There doesn't even have to be dialogue, for God's sake! Or they could use old material, hell, they spend so much effort on special effects, so why not using it on making some old-fashioned Grissom come back?! I'm very sad indeed, but I still hope that there's more to come also in regard to the title of the episode. Or, as the saying goes, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

If I recall correctly WP was in talks to return for Marg's departure, but plans fell through, which worked. However, if WP was willing to make an appearance for Marg's departure, it baffles me why we haven't seen him in regards to Sara. He'll appear to say goodbye to Cath, but not to fight for Sara? I understand that this is over for WP, he did his bit, and left. I understand that the show is alomost chasing him around and he's probably exasperated, however we know he;s not against an appearance, not to mention the Skype cameo, and phone call.

The fact that he was willing to participate in that phone call, means he'll be willing to participate in the conclusion, hopefully. Without WP, I don't see this moving forward or backward. It's stagnant without both parties either there, or gone.

Jorja was incredible in this episode, and she's really putting her all into this relationship right now. I know the masses are divided in continuing their relationship, but irregardless, it has been a plot line for 13 years. They need to address it one way or the other. This episode definitely gave us a conclusion, but no closure. We're surmising that the distance played the largest factor in their split, but that's never been said. Anything could have happened, or not happened.

What bothers me the most after this episode, is that Sara is not okay. I think she feels less alone, but she's definitely not okay and I think that's why so many fans are holding on. If Sara was content with the split, and at peace with it, and explained where she's at, great. But she didn't. She told her mother she was good, and then looked on the verge of tears. This isn't over for Sara, therefore it's not over.

3. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

Most viewers probably saw this coming that Sara and Grissom were either separated or divorced. It is sad that it ended so abruptly. But you can't have a relationship with someone who is never around.

It does bother me that Sara is taking this so hard and she is not ok. I think that will affect her and everyone around her. I hope she is not headed down a destructive road.

4. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

Yeah, I was feeling oddly optimistic after that phone call in "Dear Air", I thought at least WP was around and knew what was going on but now I'm thinking- would he really have approved of this turn with GSR..? If that's the case, I'm bitterly dissapointed.
    Also, we're led to assume that they've actually broke up over the phone and that seems so..wrong. Grissom has always had his quirks, but I don't believe for a second he'd be so nonchalant about the relationship with "the only woman he's ever loved" at this stage and take their vows lightly.
    Sara's in a dark place once again and I REALLY don't see how could she just...move on and be happy without Grissom after all these years.

5. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^ Very much agreed.

I don't think Grissom is still very far away.. I don't know. If Sara was so hopeful he might show up to that reservation, I don't logistically see him being half way across the world.

6. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

A brilliant episode with an excellent performance by Jorja. Nice to see Nick and Greg having a talk with her in the end, although I don't like how now they know more than we do about what's going on. I also like Crawford a lot, he reminds me of Luther (UK show). It was intense, fast-paced and involved everyone in the team like the old times. Overall, it was hard to watch and memorable even if we'd like to forget it.

As for GSR, I don't take the line 'he's not my husband anymore' literally, at worst they are separated (they arranged this over the phone? right…) but that's as far as I see GSR ending for good. Sara obviously still loves Grissom and wants to be with him so all this has us wonder just why Grissom acts like this. If this episode was meant to send the message "forget about Grissom" then it served as anything but because we still have unanswered questions due to his OOC behavior.

If WP doesn't want to be associated with CSI anymore and doesn't care about what goes on with a storyline he worked very hard to maintain for 9 years of his life then, yes, Sara should divorce, be happy by season 14, throw away her ring and move on, but his involvement this season and Sara's behavior tell otherwise.

Yes, "LDR's end in real life" and all that, but how many LDR's end when there's been 8+ years (plus the off-screen time before season one) of knowing and seeing each other every day and after going as far as to actually marry? I don't buy distance being the reason, I'll never buy it, it's cheap and not a bit 'realistic' in their case. If anything, distance for these two independent characters would have been a boost for their relationship, not a reason for a divorce.

What we're going to have now is a sad and lonely Sara for the rest of the season and I guess we can't expect any more development on this story before season 14. It wouldn't be fair on the other characters anyway.

Excuse the long post.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

They said we would see more this season though.

8. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

It'd be great if we did, but it might just be included in the season's cliffhanger. Until then I don't see anything significant happening other than her being depressed or maybe getting a call or two from Grissom. They'd like to give us time to take in their 'break up' first. I hope I'm wrong though.

9. Gr8gunz

Gr8gunz Victim

Bye Bye CSI. I've had enough of them jerking GSR all over the place. I don't know if they're divorced or not but it doesn't matter. GSR is history and so am I.

10. kiwi_fruit

I wonder though.. if it might be too late. It's been a big blow for GSR fans, you play with feeling and emotions- you get resentment. I can only say for myself but at this point I feel like saying goodbye and.. yeah, almost said "good luck".

11. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

On Saraspals on Boardrats quoted this from Liz Devine
    who knows

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  12. kiwi_fruit

Thanks! Well that sounds.. less than encouraging :(

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  13. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

They can't possibly expect to have a CSI LV without a connection to Grissom. If they do then they are dreaming. It's not about getting him back or waiting for him, it's about maintaining this connection throughout the series. GSR is the last connection. Without it they might as well call it CSI New Generation...

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

That's it? Sorry to disappoint? Destroy something that many people, including Jorja, worked so hard on for so many years because you won't bring Grissom home? Yes, we love Jorja and Sara and she deserves someone who puts her before work, like he did in season 9 when he left his career for her. His metamorphosis in those early episodes was painful to watch. And now you say it was for nothing? Their 13 year history together was for nothing? The writers on the show labored for years to get them together, finally, and now you want to kill it? What happened to the character growth of both Grissom and Sara?

I'm baffled that they can't figure out how to make this work on a crime procedural, that has already done way too many personal storylines this season. Leave your family life at home and solve crimes. No one wants to see Sara so miserable, so stop making her so miserable; bring her husband home, offscreen. And leave them alone.

I feel bad for Jorja, probably stuck in the middle of all this, but stories need to be written to fit the characters. None of this is in character with either Grissom or Sara. I guess they want a new love interest for Sara, but I'm not buying what they're selling. She loves him. She always will. She said so. Sara wouldn't settle for less. I'm extremely disappointed that WP won't appear, but Grissom left the show WITH Sara. He chose a life with her. That's the scene i remember. Bring him home to her. This LDR plot line seemed far fetched from the start, but in TTMG they were happy. Although it would be nice, I honestly don't need to see WP again. I'm more of a Jorja/Sara fan, but to make Billy/Grissom out to be the bad guy here seems wrong, and unprofessional. IMO. We don't need to know BTS drama; I only care about what's on screen. And what's on screen should make sense.

Sorry for the rant. I think I'm just tired and a wee bit frustrated.

15. Frosch

Frosch Witness

What a callous and dumb comment by E. Devine!
    Grissom didn't choose work over Sara, rather it was the the writers who chose this direction.
    I just don't get why bringing in a new love interest for Sara is suddenly the priority for this show. Nick only gets an off screen girlfriend but Sara gets yet another on screen relationship?