"Forget Me Not" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I liked the episode more than I expected and that was probably because Greg and Nick played a large part in it along with Sara.

But this episode also showed me once again why I've never been a big fan of Sara and it is not because of the GSR relation. It is because she has always been a loose cannon, going off on her own doing things. Plus I can't believe she couldn't trust her friends and co-workers of over 13 years with all the details of what happened at first at the hotel. Her trust issues suck. Again this is my personal opinion of her.

I agree with your statement. Personally I think having the relationship off-screen after all these years and never seeing him is silly. I think if WP had at least done one appearance a year...even ever so brief of one, it would have been more acceptable. But long distance relationship rarely last long.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I can't see WP doing that though but how do we know he is pestered to come back?

3. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Agree 100%. And I know this is tv but there is no way in heck the confession and everything else they got from the creepy stalker would hold up in court.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  4. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Whilst I understand the rage within the GSR-shippers, I don't think it's fair to say that its apparent end is an insult to neither WP nor JF and their respective fans who they themselves may not be support the relationship. Jorja herself has said she's contributed partly to the story and I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to a return/reunion with Grissom maybe next season. There's something about it which feels unfinished. I'd like to add I'm not a fan of the ship but I'm certainly not celebrating its "supposed" demise.

As for the episode I actually really liked it on the whole and thought it was one of, if not the best of the season. (I think I liked "Strip Maul" and "It Was a Very Good Year" a bit more though.) As contrived as the whole scenario was, I actually really enjoyed it and felt like it was a break from the routine. It also gave everyone (especially Jorja) the chance to really beef up their acting ability which I thought was probably the best I've seen for the entire show.

Kay Lenz was absolutely fantastic as Sara's mother and I hope we get to see her again next season or later on!

I do have a pretty big problem however with Sara actually intending on shooting Basderic only to realise the firing pin was missing. I really hope (and presume) that Sara went along with it as part of the plan to get Basderic busted so if I missed something about that then I'd be happy with that. But I can't bring myself to believe that Sara would intentionally go to his house and shoot him in cold blood, that would really derail her character in my opinion but the fact she was recording the confrontation the entire time makes me think otherwise.

The last thing I want to say, and I believe to be the strongest part of the episode was how well the friendship between Sara, Nick and Greg was portrayed. Those scenes, particularly the one at the end, may go down as some of my favourite in the show's entire run and emphasizes the bond that the characters have developed over the 13 years, even if Sara can't bring herself to tell them everything. If I see more of these types of scenes popping up I will be an extremely happy person because everything about them was pitch perfect!

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

About Sara going to Basderic's apartment, I think it was all an elaborate set up on the good guys part to get Basderic. From Nick and Crawford stopping him to switch his gun clips to blanks, to Sara being there(and how could she not check her gun?) to Nick and Crawford busting in right after Basderic shot her...

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

It was indeed an elaborate set up..and one that could really only work on tv.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I have to say that this was one of the best episodes I've seen a long time!! Had me on the edge of my seat! Absolutely loved it. :)

8. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I loved it so much as well ! One of the more powerful episodes of the last couple of seasons

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay, I haven't seen it yet, but someone on FB commented as follows:

Was there more to it than that? Can someone tell me? Because left as is, that could mean a lot of thing. :lol:

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yes please. I didn't like that either.

11. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Basically, yes. We find out Grissom and Sara are split quite early on (presumably the phone call that took place a few eps. ago), Basderic stalks Sara to find out how to really get to her and snaps a bunch of pics of her outside a bar kissing Taylor Wynard.

So a lot of this was left unanswered.. Sara said she saw hope for still being with Grissom, but on the other hand she was out kissing that guy..

This episode was hard for me.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I see. I wonder why they ever made her marry him in the first place? With WP/Grissom off the show, when Jorja/Sara came back there was no reason to have them be married. They could have split up and that could have been the reason she was back. I think I might have preferred that...maybe something about her not putting up with something from him and her leaving. I liked the old, independant Sara better. But...I'm speaking as a non-
    GSR fan, so for what it's worth. :)

13. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Alot of people seem to have taken that comment literally and interpreted it as them having divorced. Personally, I think she meant it more figuratively. I think at this point they are officially separated but still married. Nobody divorces that quickly unless there are extreme circumstances. And in their case I don't think that applies. There doesn't appear to be any animosity between them and I am now inclined to believe this is not quite the end of GSR.

14. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

See, I never really had a problem with the inclusion or exclusion of their relationship prior to this ep... Sometimes they gave us overkill, sometimes they gave us nothing but I did like the idea of knowing that Grissom was there and that maybe they were happy, after 13 years.

I think last night's episode would be rendered irrelevant if they don't continue the saga now. They left too much unanswered to drop it right here and now. I think I mentioned this in the GSR thread too, but Jorja said in an interview prior to yesterday's episode that "all roads lead back to Grissom". Now she wasn't speaking solely on the basis of GSR, however I don't think she'd have said it if it didn't apply in some way.

They've spent so much investing in these characters, and their happiness to bring it all crashing down. I feel like this may be a final conflict before they discover their happiness together..

This episode made a lot of GSR fans angry, but by dragging out the story, they've probably angered a lot of non-GSR fans as well.

Regardless of my favourite ship sinking in front of my eyes, this episode was hands-down the best of the season. Of the last few seasons, at that.

15. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

According to Shane's article from a couple of days ago, there will be "implications" going into the rest of the season , whatever it means, I wish I knew. Would they be prolonging suffereing by actually divorcing them or even dragging it into the next season..Before I'd bet against it, but now I genuinely don't know as what happened last night with GSR threw me off quite a bit. I struggle to see why they'd do something like that, it does not add to the show, surely they don't plan to involve Sara with somebody else, so..just why. Why kill something that took years to build and was so appreciated by many. Why taint the memories.
    FWIW, Elizabeth Devine commented a few months back saying that Sara still loves Grissom.