"Forget Me Not" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 16, 2013.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The only problem with having Grissom in Vegas and just not appearing is...

Has anyone bothered to count how many times on the CSI Facebook page alone (not to mention practically every story on CSI for the last several seasons) the comment of "bring Grissom back" has been said.

The people who realize that Billy Petersen chose to leave and doesn't seem to want to come back are a minority. The majority seem to think that he was kicked off the show and all they have to do is write the character in and he'll come back. (I think that's an indication on how many casual fans there are compared to how many of us die-hard fans there are these days. :vulcan: )

Susan

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Do you really think that will stop? Grissom will always be the face of CSI. Why would you want to take all hope away from some fans anyway? Seems to me like a classic case of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  3. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

Well, it's a testament to this truly astonishing character(and, obviously, Billy). That after years of him gone people still remember and want him back. TPTB should be taking this as a compliment. They're kidding themselves if they think they could "get away" from Grissom. Even Jorja commented a few days ago that "All roads lead to Grissom" and something along the lines of "to this day we're still following the story through his eyes".
    Personally, I've accepted that he might never appear again, and DB has really grown on me but Grissom was and always will be a huge part of this show, whether we're talking 10 years ago, today, or years after CSI's finished for good.

P.S. I might be wrong but there's one thing that wasn't mentioned in this thread. The meaning of "Forget-me-not". What the flowers represent :) Also an old English phrase(shakespearean times?), coincidence? Also name of the movie in ASL. No way you can get away from Grissom :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, I just finished watching the episode, and contrary to how I thought I would feel...I really, really liked it! I didn't think it was too fan-fictiony at all. There were a few parts that were a bit unrealistic, but overall I thought it was done well.

Loved seeing so much of Sara, Nick, and Greg together, and the rest of them complimented everything very well...not too overbearing. I really like Crawford too.

Loved when Nick asked Sara why she hadn't said anything and then he said, "C'mon...I would have drank with you!" :lol:

And I do like single Sara...like the old days...and I think it would be awesome if they would move forward now WITHOUT any more reference to Grissom. She was always a strong, independent character and I would love to see her overcome this and move on with her life and be happy.

And I've got to throw in how :drool: Nick was, especially in the last scene. :adore:

5. kiwi_fruit

That grin was good. Actually, that grin was VERY good. Couldn't help but smile for a second.

6. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I agree with every words you said ;) I'm not a fan of Nick and I was a big fan of GSR but I just feel like Sara have to move on
    I love this episode and the relationship between characters particularly the bond between Sara, Nick and Greg. I like DB acting like a dad for Sara and I liked when Doc Robbins made Finn shut her mouse lol

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Smokey, I have always loved the Sara/Nick/Greg relationship. House of Hoarders is one of my favorite episodes for that very reason, and there was no GSR in the epi. Of course I loved The Two Mrs Grissoms; the Nick/Sara scenes were some of the best, and we had happy GSR. Sara can be happy (with an offscreen husband) and we can have some great Sara-centric episodes with drama while being Mrs. Grissom, and it doesn't detract from Sara the character at all.

The break-up was unnecessary and was unusually cruel to long time fans of the relationship. The whole 'Team Sara/Team Grissom' reduced it to a game for the CBS/CSI website, and I can't help but think WP would have absolutely cringed with all that. And I can't even begin to express my distaste with the 'Can't handle the truth?' headline. One thing many of us GSR fans enjoyed about the relationship was the maturity of it. So, if the way this epic storyline was handled in the end is an indication of what CSI will be like moving forward, I'm glad to be done with the show.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  8. byline

byline CSI Level One

Not sure I agree with that entirely, other than I do think Criminal Minds does a vastly better job of balancing out the writing for all the characters. But when CSI was at its best, it did, too. That was one of the things William Petersen fought so hard for, was that the focus be on the team, not him as a star. I think there was a direct correlation between when that balance began to slip and Petersen's energy levels, in terms of fighting for the show. I think he just got tired of fighting that fight. And so is it any wonder he has no wish to come back?

9. kiwi_fruit

Too true. It feels like it's game for TPTB, it's a shame that in their pursuit for the ratings/drama they're overriding the history of the show and destroying something that was in the making since season 1 and took so much dedication and hard work from old writers, as well as Billy and Jorja, and received so much support/admiration from many fans. You know, after anger comes resentment and if it comes back to bite them in a shape of low ratings or whatever they deserved it alright.

If the wedding ring is still there in the next episode I might accept that as a sign that there's some hope, if it's gone, so am I. While there's at least something left worth remembering.

And personally, in a way I'd rather Billy doesn't come back if his heart and soul isn't in it. With something like that, I believe you need to be passionate about what you're doing to do it well, and he always has been- you could feel it, so I'm not surprised he quit when he felt he gave it his all.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The beginning with the hotel room and Sara leaving as Greg was arriving at the scene, etc. reminded me so much of "Boom", and I think it would have been cool if Nick had said something to Sara like, "You know...this happened to me once..." :lol: Of course...not really funny, but you know. Seriously tho, he could have said something like, "Remember when...?" and maybe about how Catherine stuck by him then and how he and Greg support Sara now.

11. Gr8gunz

Gr8gunz Victim

No apology necessary. You are 100% spot on target.