"Forget Me Not" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Forget Me Not'
    Episode Number: 1315
    Synopsis: "Sara is a lead suspect in an investigation after a brief encounter with another man in which she was the last person to see him alive. Also, her separation from Grissom begins to take a toll."
    Original Airdate
    : February 20, 2013

Written By: Andrew Dettmann
    Directed By: Karen Gaviola

Guest Stars:

• Alimi Ballard as Officer Kevin Crawford
    • Adam J. Harrington as Ronald Basderic
    • Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
    • Kay Lenz as Laura Sidle
    • Carter MacIntyre as Taylor Wynard
    • Stan Egi as Joel Brenner

2. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

Prmo Forget Me Not

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

So much has already been said about this episode I really just don't even know what to think. My brain is just frozen when it comes to this episode. I'm glad Sara is getting an episode and I'm glad they're addressing GSR directly instead of snipets of it here and there at inopportune moments; however I never thought the writers would take this direction.

In these later seasons it is becoming increasingly obvious that none of the original writers, especially GSR writers have a prominent role within CSI.

I'm not fan-girling quite as hard as some of the people out there, like whichever direction the story goes, it goes. I'm strongly attached to GSR but in my mind it ended with Billy's departure. There's no way to keep both charters happy so far away when the fans were originally interested in their interactions, not the idea of the possibilities.

Whichever way this episode goes, I think I'll be highly disappointed with the premise. It's the insinuation of Sara's capabilities. The morals of her character are changing just as much as Grissom's. These two are not the same characters they were when the show commenced, and I highly doubt the writers will ever be able to capture that again.

4. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I fell very similarly to you and since the episode where Sara's ex showed up I've repeatedly run the gamut of emotions - from shock, to anger, to sadness to puzzlement etc. I now just want this to be over and done with. Even if, on the off chance, they don't break them up as far as I'm concerned the damage has been done and I will never view Gil and Sara's realationship as anything special.

One thing I disagree with you on is that this started with WP's departure, in my opinion it started with JF's return. I vaguely recall that she was supposed to be back for only a few episodes which then turned into a fulltime return. I feel there should have been some sort of game plan on how to handle WP being gone and JF being back all the way back then. I don't think it's fair (for lack of a better word) to tie this to WP's departure.

I don't imagine that WP knew when he left that JF was returning months later. I sometimes wonder if he would have involved Sara in Grissom's departure if he had known. Would JF even be back on the show if WP hadn't allowed Sara to become part of Grissom's exit? That is another thing that bothers me about this entire situation. It just seems extremely disloyal and disrespectful to WP. It feels as though he has served his purpose and now it's 'good bye and good riddance' to him:(

5. Snoodles

Snoodles Civilian

Shane tweeted that he was posting an article at 1.30pm (EST) on here about FMN and season 13 in general. Come on Shane... the suspense is killing me!

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

It's up,what do you think about it?

7. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I don't like where this is going, it seems wrong in more ways than one.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Im with you. I fear this becoming a repeat of Bones for me...quitting the show,rarely watching eps,just keeping up on spoilers.

9. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Yep. At best, watching the episodes in fast forward. Not much else to say on it really, it's a lost cause. They're just having fun with it and hope we'll be there to see it all fall apart before it's fine again -yet again-. What a shame, they had something really good to work with and ruined it. Unbelievable.

10. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I literally feel sick right now! Wonder how may Grissom fans will stick around...

11. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

I'll reserve my judgement until I've seen the episode but this is sad stuff. They're destroying such a special ship that meant/means so much to so many people across the world and despite the expressed dismay of many fans still insist on pushing it deeper still.
    It's been a long time since I felt so sad about fictional characters. I don't want to witness GSR fall apart, it'd be like the letting the bad guy win:(

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I've been on this rollercoaster and have been through all the stages of grief with GSR many times. And I was approaching the acceptance phase and was ready to move on till I read Shane's article. Now, I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel, frustrating as this scenario has become.

I wasn't going to watch this episode in real time because I was worried about a break-up, and I didn't want to witness that; but I don't see that happening with this episode, and I'll still hold out hope it doesn't EVER happen. This episode seems to be more about how badly Sara is faring during their separation, and maybe she's tempted to cheat, but doesn't. I'm guessing it's all part of the frame-up by Basderic. He obviously knows a lot about her and her current situation, and he's taking advantage of her vulnerability.

I would definitely feel better if we could see a Grissom return, but i hope the writers will work around that; let Sara deal with her demons and insecurities and loneliness without hurting her marriage. And maybe we will find out more about why she is staying in Vegas and why he's unable to come home, and what Laura Sidle has to do with any of it. I am looking forward to that mother/daughter reunion.

ETA: If I'm wrong and tptb do break them up, then all bets are off and I'll be done. And I'll have to go thru all the stages of grief yet again.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  13. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I was a big GSR fan but since season 10, it is not credible anymore
    Jorja Fox is a awesome actress, she deserves a lot better. GSR became a burden for Sara's storyline (and Jorja as well since Petersen does not want to return at least for one episode)
    I love Sara more than GSR so please stop GSR and let her moves on...

Sorry I'm just tired of GSR which ruins Sara's character (my favorite character)

14. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I think a lot of people, especially those who are involved in the show, are wary of fan theories which hasten to assume GSR will be ruined due to a break-up, but that's just not the case.

I really feel like the writers think as long as they're together in the end, everything will be fine and to be honest, that was also my mentality ca. S6; however that's a poor standard to keep. Their relationship has already been ruined for me, now it's a question of how viably the show can recuperate their love and life together. This relationship has none of the mystery and allure that it once had - it's now explicit and quite frankly, a soap opera.

I hope this episode has the redemption qualities that I'm looking for, but I'm really expecting nothing more from it.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well, the writers, directors, production staff and cast do read CSI Files/Talk CSI... ;)