Flack/Stella - Greek Women Like Their Men Younger

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DoreenCSI, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Re: Flack & Stella

I would love to resdpond to that question, Mandy, but I have no idea what Mardi Gras is

I think cooking is exactly what Don would do for Stella. and then, she would insist on helping with the dishes and it would feel like like they were an old married couple to both of them but they would be too affraid or embarassed to confess

and then they would sit down with some fne wine and he would put some miusic on and ask her to dance with him and then ... well then would be the right time for a dessert :)

2. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Hi Carly. :) Mardi Gras is translated into English as Fat Tuesday. It's the last before the start of Lent in the Christian calendar. Mardi Gras celebrations are big in New Orleans, Venice and Rio de Janeiro. It's also the last day of Carnival. I did a little research and in Slovakia, Carnival is called Fašiangy. Is that right? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :lol:

Anyway, I agree, I see Flack and Stella's V-Day ending with them drinking some wine, dancing and ending up with them having a fantastic romp in the bedroom. :lol: :devil:

3. feathergirl926

feathergirl926 Police Officer

Carly, for the most part here in America, Mardi Gras is deeply associated with a major party in New Orleans, with people drinking, dancing, and bead throwing. When you say Mardi Gras here in the States, I am pretty sure that's what everyone thinks of is New Orleans Mardi Gras, I know I did. I think people forget that it is associated with Lent, my first thought when Mandy posed the question was, "they are going to the party in New Orelans???" :lol: But after Hurricane Katrina, Mardi Gras celebrations have been very different in New Orleans, more low key than in the past. Here is a link to a wiki description of the New Orleans Mardi Gras... I have never been personally, it looks kind of fun but extremely overwhelming since I detest crowds.

That being said, after I realized what Mandy meant, I figured out my answer, :lol: Great question, by the way Mandy, especially since they have both been at least influenced by Catholicism. I see them just taking it easy, since it IS so close to Valentine's Day. Maybe just a relaxed dinner at their favorite restaurant, and watching a movie at one of their apartments, cuddling on the couch.

4. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Mardi Gras started in New Orleans because it was once had a predominantly Catholic population. I'd love to one day attend Mardi Gras as well as the Carnival in Venice. Awww, I hate crowds too but I wouldn't mind watching from the sidelines. :lol: Ah, Flack and Stella going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras? That would be nice too. :D

I can see them taking it easy as well. I see Flack going all out and stuffing himself since he'd have to cut back on the steak (no meat for him on Ash Wednesday)! Ah Flack, just loves his food too much! :lol: I wouldn't be surprised that he opens the refrigerator door when the clock strikes 12 am on Thursday, to gorge himself with food. :lol:

5. feathergirl926

:lol: Poor Flack, not being able to eat meet on Ash Wednesday or on Fridays. He is gonna be so glad when Lent is over. Speaking of Lent, what do you think our lovely couple is giving up for Lent?

6. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

thank you girls, for the explanations. and Mandy, you are right with Fašiangy. it was sort of a carnival here too, but mostly in the country, in the villages. we are not that religious, more like not at all, and most of these things just go around me. though I did study ethnology so I should have an idea about that stuff

so as far as I understood, the carnival usualy takes place only in NO? or in other cities too? cause I can see them going to a ball, Venice style

and what do they give up for Lent? well, I only know what they wont give up :) but they probably give up alcohol and maybe chocoalte for Stella.

7. feathergirl926

Hey ladies! We made it to page 24!!!

Mardi Gras I guess takes place in multiple locations, but it is pretty much synonymous with the one in NO.

8. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

I'm thinking. Flack and Stella in casual style enjoying the scenery. They imbibe on a few drinks. Then they dance to sexy jazz, and their bodies are swaying against each other.

9. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Page 24 already? Woohoo! We're getting so close to that 1000th post. We should start thinking of names for the second thread already! :lol:

What would they give up for Lent? Hmmm...Very interesting question. Poor Flack having to give up eating meat for all the Fridays of Lent. :lol: I know what that feels like. I think Flack is a carnivore so it really is a sacrifice for him to give it up on those said Fridays. I can totally relate. :lol: Aside from giving up eating meat on Fridays, I think Flack should give up eating junk food. How about he gives up wearing his fugly ties? Nah, that wouldn't happen. How about Flack giving up being such a smart-mouth for Lent? Nah, that wouldn't happen either! :lol:

As for Stella, I see her giving up drinking wine and yes, maybe chocolates and going out to dance. We all know she loves dance right? :lol:

I love the Venice style Carnival where they attend a Masquerade Ball. The Carnival in Rio is also famous. Many people from around the world attend that spectacular occasion.

Oh yeah...Kung Hei Fat Choi everyone! It's Chinese New Year in about a few hours' time. :D

10. feathergirl926

I like your ideas Kiane!

Yup, Mandy, so close to a second thread. Any suggestions for a name, guys?

I agree with you Mandy, that Flack should give up his fugly ties for Lent, maybe Stella will get him some new ones for Valentine's Day? I think junk food is doable, but if he is giving up meat on Fridays, he may not go for it... The smart mouth thing is hilarious, reminds me of the episode of Friends where Chandler can't make fun of people. As for Stella, chocolates and wine sound good.

Thanks for the Chinese New Year greeting Mandy :) :) :) I am actually half Chinese and my family usually celebrates with dinner but so far no plans for that yet :(

11. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I'm still at a loss for thread names actually. We'll have to come up with some soon! :lol:

Yup it would be funny seeing Flack give up being such a smart-mouth. Flack not making any sarcastic comments? I think that would truly be a sacrifice for him. I can see him turning red from trying to hold his tongue. :lol: I agree Stella should get Flack some new ties for V-Day. :lol:

Really Heather? You're half-Chinese? I'm part Chinese as well. From both sides of the family actually. :lol: How about that? We've got one more thing in common. :D How about Flack and Stella celebrating Chinese New Year with dinner in Chinatown? :D

12. feathergirl926

I will let you know if I have any ideas for new thread names... anyone else got any suggestions???

Yup, my Dad's side of the family is Chinese. I don't really look it though, aside from having a round face and dark hair... I have green eyes and really light skin, so people are always suprised to find out I am half. Two of my cousins look Chinese and two are blonde haired and blue eyed, all with the the same mother and father... our family photos are interesting, lol.

I like the idea of them celebrating Chinese New Year in Chinatown. Dim sum, maybe?

13. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Ah the beauty of recessive genes...Your Caucasian genes are pretty strong then. Just out of curiousity, your eyes are green but what shape are they? :D That's so funny about your cousins. :lol:

Oh I love dimsum. I'm sure Flack and Stella would love those. My absolute favorite is Peking Duck, two-way or three-way, it doesn't matter. It is heavenly. :lol: They'd enjoy those as well. :lol: Ah Flack and his love for food. I'm so sure Flack's got a favorite restaurant in Chinatown where he could impress Stella with his ordering skills. :lol:

14. feathergirl926

LOL my eyes are kind of almond shaped but not a lot... people look at me and they can tell I am not full Caucasian, but can never really tell what I am.

Hahaha can't you just see Flack ordering in Chinese? That would be hilarious. Mmmm Peking duck sounds so good right now... My favorite of the dim sum dishes is the Char siu baau and the turnip cake.

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

See, I had a feeling your eyes were almond shaped. Most of those who are half-Caucasian and half-Asian tend to have almond-shaped eyes. Makes them so exotic. :lol:

We call Char siu baau here siopao. I love mine with meatballs inside. I just love the bread dough. :lol: I love eating the Chinese New Year pudding. :D

Flack ordering in Chinese? Mandarin, Fookien or Cantonese? That's just too funny. I wonder what he'll order. He'll probably mess things up and end up ordering something completely different from what he intended. That's what he gets from trying to impress Stella. :lol: Of course, New Year's wouldn't be complete without them eating noodles for long life. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.