Film Feature: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

1. Hollis

Hollis CSI Level Two

Re: Film Feature: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

My goodness, I just came back from watching the movie. CRAZY GOOD! Ohh... Jack Sparrow is now my captain. Does anyone have any really good quality screenshots of the movie?

2. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Ooh. So i went to see the film with my boyfriend and he luved it. And i found it good. :D I love Jack Sparrow. :D No sense of moral decency, but totally awesome. :p

Ahem. Anyways, i was kinda disappointed at the end when it just suddenly ended with a "to be continued..." bit. i found it annoying. I knew they were making a third film at the same time. But i had no idea it was a continuation. I just assumed it was going to be a totally different movie. :( I wouldn't have gone and seen it if i knew it was going to be split.

3. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

I just watched it today.

I didn't realize how much I loved that guy (so bad with names) that Elizabeth's father tried to hook up in the first movie. Guh. He so owned this one. No idea why but I just like, squeed when he came on screen.

Hated the ending. Guh. So LOTR.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Of course-miss Johnny- no way- :( he's so darling and so versatile and so perfect for this role-will go this week- ;)

[​IMG]

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Norrington.
    I hadn't seen a cast list and I was totally expecting him not to be in it, but I was delighted when he showed up.

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I can’t believe I've waited so long to see this film. :eek: I'm finally going to see it tonight! *yay* :D

7. drkate

drkate Corpse

omg i'm absolutely dying to see this movie again! DYING I TELL YOU! *sigh* jack is just too goddam hot!

8. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

I actually don't think of Johnny Depp as hot. As Kazzy was saying to me this morning, i must be the only female on the planet that doesn't. He's kinda hot as Jack, with the eye make-up, etc.

Anyhoo, we should not be discussing facts like that. Storylines, characters, etc... What do you peeps think might happen in the next movie?

9. 915

915 CSI Level One

:confused: I have absolutly no idea about the thrid movie, all I know is that I saw this movie on Saturday and it was even better then I thought it would be. It wasn't as good as the first, but it also had :lol: slighly funnier parts then the first one. The ending of it kind of surprised me, and now I won't be able to bare the wait until the thrid one. :D

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Just came back from seeing the movie and I was not disappointed at all. The characters were all good, the make-up was excellent especially Capt Jack as the chief. Loved the eyes. Now to wait for a year till the next one. Oh well there is CSI to fill teh void.

11. drkate

drkate Corpse

omg, we have to wait for another year?! oh *cries* i dont think i can wait that long! why cant they just release it sooner if they've already made it... *sigh*

12. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

I saw this movie on Friday night, and the theater was PACKED! But it was such an awesome movie. They couldve made it a liitle shorter, but all the awesome action scenes made up for that! :D I absolutely cannot wait for the 3rd one! :D :D :D And I think they did a great job of setting up the synopsis for the next movie~ And POTC:Dead Man's Chest has set a new all time record for highest grossing film. It topped $100 million in its first TWO DAYS! :eek: how amazing~ cant wait for May 25, 2007! :)

13. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I finally saw it tonight... It was SO GOOD! I don't get why it's being panned by all the critics. I think I even liked it better than the first one!
    And can I just say that I hope Elizabeth totally goes for Jack? Johnny Depp is sooooo hot... and Orlando Bloom just doesn't do anything for me. He's too girly.

drkate I think they're making us wait so that they can market the hell out of it. Then just when the money starts to dry up.. BANG they release another one and get that much more money. Sad but true. I went for McDonalds before I saw the movie and it was all .. Pirates Big Macs and Pirates Happy Meal toys.. you know how it is. But I SO can't wait!!

14. drkate

drkate Corpse

yeah, your probably right ziggystarduzt... damn them and their money loving... mind you, i'd probably do the same thing! and yeah, when i went to the movies they had all of this merchandise stuff and pop corn boxes featuring pirates of the caribbean and stuff.

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I finally saw the movie last night. It was brilliant, I think I preferred the first one a little more, but I've never expected 'Dead Mans Chest' to be better than 'The Black Pearl', then again this second installment really did give 'The Black Pearl' a run for it's money! :eek: Johnny Depp was again as great as ever as Jack Sparrow. After about 1 minute into the film I was seriously on the edge of my seat waiting for Jack Sparrows first scene. :lol: Luckily I didn't have too wait long. Orlando Bloom really impressed me in both of the movies actually. *makes mental note to watch more Orlando Bloom movies*.

I really loved Davy Jones's character, Bill Nighy was amazing! He totally nailed that performance. I really can't tell how impressed I was with that character. In fact I will go as far as to say that I preferred Davy Jones's villain character to Barbossa's in the first film. :eek:

After reading posts about sitting through the end credits, we sat waiting and waiting and waiting until the cinema was empty! :eek: I was thinking to myself, man, I going to look stupid if nothing happens at the end. :lol: But I had faith in you guys who recommended to sit through it! :lol: ;)

I agree wibble, I thought the music was very good in the film, but I also preferred the music in the first movie as you said there was very much a 'Ommphh' factor with the first one. I also think on occasion you could hear the familiar sounds from the first film, although I did really enjoy the music during the end credits. :)

*EDIT* According to imdb the third POTC movie will be titled Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. :)