Film Feature: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

1. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Oks, Tinkerbell and I have noticed the gradual increase of new threads being opened for recently released movies. So we’ve decided to create the Weekly Film Feature were we choose a movie that you’ve requested and we will provide a summary of what happens, actors and actresses and when it will be released. After it comes out we will perhaps post a poll and you can rate it so that others who haven’t seen it yet, can decide whether to spend the money on it or not.

Reviews are welcome; however, we recommend the use of spoiler code if you’ve seen the movie and wish to talk about it. This is because there will be others that have not yet seen the movie and they might not want to read some of the things mentioned.

If you wish to request a movie to be a Weekly Film Feature, Tinkerbell and I would gladly accept requests and we will get around to it as soon as possible.

We will start off next Thursday. 18th of May, 2006. If you wish to make a request, please Private Message either Tinkerbell or myself if you wish to make a request for an upcoming movie.

Catty & Tinkerbell.

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Film Feature: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Myself and Cat have agreed to get this thread started with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest due for release on the 6th July 2006.

Here is a brief out line of what you can expect -

Once again thrown into the world of the supernatural, Captain Jack Sparrow finds out that he owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones, Captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman. With time running out, Jack must find a way out of his debt or else be doomed to eternal damnation and servitude in the afterlife. And as if this weren't enough, the Captain's problems manage to wreck the wedding plans of a certain Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who are forced to join Jack on yet another misadventure.

Staring -

Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow
    Orlando Bloom as Will Turner
    Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann
    Bill Nighy as Davey Jones
    Stellan Skarsgård as 'Bootstrap' Bill Turner
    Jack Davenport as Commodore James Norrington
    Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa
    Kevin McNally as Joshamee Gibbs
    Naomie Harris as Tia Dalma
    Jonathan Pryce as Governor Weatherby Swann
    Mackenzie Crook as Ragetti
    Tom Hollander as Lord Cutler Beckett
    Lee Arenberg as Pintel
    Anthony Patricio as Cannibal ..

I for one am very much looking forward to seeing the long awaited squeal to the original to POTC, but will it be as good? What do you think?

Please note ~ any spoilers regarding this film must be placed in spoiler code!

3. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

I voted 'probably' as to seeing it. I live quite a ways from a movie theater and I usually get to see movies in theaters when I travel. However, I'm on holiday from work (more like baby leave ;)). Still, I can't wait to see it. Love Johnny Depp.

4. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I really like Keira Knightly, so I'm excited to ee her give another first-class performance, I also quite like Johnny Depp, so I'm TOTALLY seeing this in theatres.

5. Fingerprints

Fingerprints Police Officer

I loved the first POTC and have watched it so many times of course I'm going to see the second one! All of the actors/actresses are so good in that move especially Johnny Depp and Kiera Knightley...from the trailer I saw it looks like it will be really really fun

6. wibble

wibble Corpse

Hee...I can't wait for this movie :D Saw and loved the first one, which I have on dvd and have seen a zillion times. I swear I know most of the script by heart :eek:

Anyways, can't wait for this new one. I really like the trailer for it, especially the part where Will says 'What about Jack? I can't leave without him!'. Then he turns round and sees Jack being chased by this group of tribesmen, and says 'Never mind, let's go!' :lol: I also like the bit where Elizabeth is telling Jack that there will come a time when he has the chance to do the right thing, and Jack responds 'I love those moments...I like to wave at them as they pass by' :lol:

I'm going to try and catch this movie as soon as it's released :D

7. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

I'm quite excited about this movie because I think it'll be just as good as POTC or better, usually with sequels, they're really bad, but I have good feelings about this one.

I mean come-on! This was made by Bruckheimer, just like CSI, so I'm bound to love it! :lol:

8. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I hope this is a good sequel, espesh since another one is coming!

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

oh yeah, cant wait for this movie!!
    johnny d is such a versitile actor, but jack sparrow is definately my favourite role hes done. i saw the first one in theatres twice and at the drive-in. plus ive watched my dvd countless times.

10. Shine

Shine Police Officer

I can't wait 'till it comes out.
    I think it's gonna be good and I really like the trailers and everything I saw by far.

I just hope it comes out soon after the premiere here.

11. messinwithmesser

messinwithmesser Lab Technician

just got my free tickets to see this flick on 7/6. can't wait!!

12. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

omg i cant wait to see it i loved the first one, i wonder where cpt jack sparrow got his eyeliner from :lol:

13. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I'm definitely going to see it! Johnny Depp was hilarious as kooky Captain Jack Sparrow. :D I can't wait to see those tiny little braids in his beard again. :lol:

14. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

I so can not wait.

Keira is totally teh sex and Johnny Depp owns.

Hotties, hotties, hotties.

15. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I so can't wait for this movie to come out! And I am soooo going to go see it. Try and stop me! I love Johnny Depp! And plus you know Orlando is a major hottie! lol. I loved the first one "Unless of course he knew you wouldn't believe the truth even if he told it to you." lol. I love that line. And judging by the preview I'm going to love this one to!