Film Feature: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

1. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

Re: Film Feature: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

One thing I hate about being a teenage girl is that it is impossible for me to be a Johnny Depp fan without people assuming I am a crazed fangirl. I mean he is certainly not bad looking but he is almost as old as my parents. I am a Johnny Depp fan, not because I find him the sexiest man but because he is an amazing actor and a truly nice person.

Johnny Depp is without a doubt my favorite actor of this age. He is incredibly versitile, who is able to pull of any role handed to him magnificently. If you give him a short wig and pale his face he is suddenly a disturbing chocolateer whereas if you give him a long wig and a tan he is transformed into Captain Jack Sparrow. There has not been a single movie he has been in that I haven't enjoyed immensley.

Secondly he is one of the nicest people in Hollywood I have ever met. I do have a picture of Johnny Depp on my wall and it would be this one

[​IMG]

I feel this picture says a lot about Johnny Depp as a person. One of the two things I love about this picture would be the gold teeth he had capped for Pirates. Originally the producers/director didn't want Captain Jack to have any gold teeth so Johnny got many of his teeth capped. He pretended that he wanted all of his teeth gold so as to negotiate his way into being allowed a few gold teeth. The other thing this photo shows is the beaded bracelet made for him by his daughter. It is clear from the first time you see or hear this man that he loves his children more than anything in the world. It is very hard for movie star parents to keep children in priority but not for Johnny. He has made it very clear to all his fangirls and paparazzi that while he cannot prevent photos of himself photos of his children will not be permitted.

As a fan not a fangirl I admire Johnny Depp.

btw sorry if the pic is too big I couldnt find the size restrictions.

2. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I've not seen this film yet, even though I'm dying to (I'm trying to save some money :(). Somebody who had seen it was talking about it though and I just thought I'd post it cos it made me laugh. She was saying that she liked it but it wasn't as good as the first one cos it wasn't 'as realistic' :lol:. As if ghost pirates could be in anyway realistic. I don't know is she meant it that way but still, realistic isn't the word I'd use.

3. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I personally liked it BETTER Then the first one
    I guess it all depends on who You ship
    I dont want to spoil anything but I'll say something major happens for us J/E shippers so if You ship them (like I do) You Love DMC and if You ship W/E (Or no ship at all) you like the first one better

4. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

ummm what E/J moment? Are you referring to the kiss? That wasn't a moment, simply a cunning plan on the part of Elizabeth. Jack is a pirate, not the type of person to resist a pretty young woman like Elizabeth. Elizabeth used this to her advantage. If it were to have been Elizabeth/Jack she wouldn't have left him tied to a ship to be swollowed by a monster. That is my opinion at least.

5. Fingerprints

Fingerprints Police Officer

I really really really want to see POTC-DMC and from what most people are saying I should go and see it...it sounds awesome...how can you not like Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley? I hear it has made like $539 million worldwide so it must be good :p maybe I'll find time this weekend, I'm sure it's definitely worth the $10 addmission fee

6. CaRWashLuvr

CaRWashLuvr Hit and Run

I absolutely loved this movie and can't wait for the 3rd one which i know will be amazing!! Orlando looked incredibly hot in this movie i mean he always looks hot but for some reason he looked even hotter in DMC than usual :D

7. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

I just saw Pirates of The Carribean: Dean Man's Chest last night and I loved it. Orlando, Johnny, and Keira were all wonderful in this movie! :D Really looking forward to the 3rd movie.

8. Redsoxfan90210

Redsoxfan90210 Victim

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I've seen it 3 times already hehe. They left us with a mean cliffhanger though...

9. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

I just saw the movie last night, and I loved it. It was really funny... and now I've to see the third movie to find out how it ends.

10. Fingerprints

Fingerprints Police Officer

I saw the movie this weekend....it went above and beyond my original expectations....sooo sooo good....now I just have to wait until next year when the 3rd one comes out, I might not survive

11. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I've read information on the third one which makes me squeee as a rabid Sparrabeth Shipper thats all I'll say (though who knows if the information is true I'll just have to wait and see)

12. snickergeek

snickergeek Witness

I watched it like three times. Been to the German premiere here in Bielefeld. SOoooo amazing. I'm sooo thankful we have ordered our tickets like 1 months before the movioe was out. My sister was like standing the queue for more than an hour even if he already ordered them. We had the movie running in 4 cinemas at ones and the whole building was dancing after the movie. It's just amazing. Can't wait to see the OV. Johnny was amazing, just as always... sooo damn funny...

13. orgasmicbilly

orgasmicbilly Lab Technician

johnny depp.....naked!!!

he totally rules and the film rules!!!

omg!!!

14. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

I recommend that everyone who hasn't seen this movie, go see it! It is better than the first! Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom are hot (and funny) in it. Very comedic.

15. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

YES my thoughts exactly (Of course I do have my own reasons for liking this one better) but I agree its MUCH MUCH MUCH better then the first one was