"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

Yeah, that was great. I love any story involving Jim. I was a BrassCat (Jim/Catherine) shipper but that's moved down to second on my list. Right now I'm a Sass (Jim/Sara) shipper. I'd think they'd make a cute couple.

This was great! I love the Jim/Catherine dynamic and I think the similarities between Lindsey and Ellie are very interesting. Certainly gives Jim and Catherine something to talk about.

Let's have a challenge with Hodges in it ^^

Greg somehow messed up/mislabeled/misplaced evidence and Hodges of course has to be his usual snarky self and give him a hard time about it... until he realizes that Grissom is coming so he covers for it, much to Greg's shock.

Well, it took a while but here it is. SinCityx, here is my response to your challenge. I hope you like it. :)

Sara strode in, files in hand. She wore a bright red shirt and black jeans. After some interrogating, she was ready to fill Greg in on their suspect and the motive.
“Hey Greggo,” She leaned down and placed the files on the table.
Greg was watching her, noting her new shirt. He couldn’t take his eyes off…

“Alright, we got the guy who claims he killed the frat boy, one Thomas Jarvis, and he gave a sworn statement to Brass concerning the… Greg? Are you listening?”
She looked up and she noticed he seemed distracted.
“I’m listening. Go on.”
“Okay. Well, the girlfriend’s alibi fell through so that’s why he confessed, which in turn caused her to take the blame.”
She was looking over the papers and once again noticed Greg’s wandering eye.
“Greg?”
“Uh huh?”
“Do you think the girl is covering for him?”
“Yeah. Sure.”
“Do you have a possible weapon?”
“Yeah, sure.”
“Do you river dance in your underwear on Friday nights?”
“Yeah… sure.”
“Greg!” She banged her hand on the table which startled him. He practically fell over, but when he got his balance, he stared up at the angry brunette.
“What? I, uh… what were you saying again?”
“Greg! What had you so preoccupied?”
“Nothing…” His face was as red as her shirt.
She realized where his eyes were. He looking down her shirt?
“Where you staring at my chest!?” She was surprised.
“No! Of course not,” He was stumbling for an excuse. “I was reading what your shirt says. You don’t wear a lot of shirts with writing on them.”
“My shirt says Ecko,” she glared at him, disbelieving his excuse.
“Oh. It looked misspelled.”
Ecko is a brand. It's not the echo you hear in a mountain,” Sara sighed.
“Sorry.” Greg tried to laugh it off.
“Do I need to put a jacket on?” Sara asked him with a hint of a smile.
“No! I was just reading. I promise,” Greg looked down. “See? Now I’m not even looking at you.”
Sara rolled her eyes, luckily Greg didn’t see that.
“Alright. So, what were you saying?” Greg tried to behave.

She smiled with a sense of irony as she looked at her paper. “The vic was suffocated by an Ecko shirt, supposedly because he was staring at the guy’s girlfriend the wrong way.”
Greg didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

A little short, but the ending was suffice. Leave all feedback, red shirts, and other things right here! :)
Now I must go and work on that Hodges challenge!

I've got one. It can be GSR, Sandle or Snickers, it's your choice.

_____ and Sara are working an assignment together and ______ disappears. They're isolated, with no cell phone service, and no connection to the rest of the lab, so Sara's gotta find him. Must include the line:

"Okay, you can come out now!"
"I thought you'd never ask."

_jessica said:
i have thunk up a new challenge!

sara explains to greg what 'falsies' are for. (the boob kind, not the teeth kind)

Yes!! I love that! But maybe conbind AmandaSzmanda's into that?

act_of_passion here is my response to your "Hodges" challenge! I hope you like it. :)

Greg was walking towards Trace, evidence in hand.
“I need you to examine this. Tell me what it is.”
“I already know how to do my job,” Hodges retorted.
“That’s funny, ‘cuz yesterday, when I walked by, I caught you napping. Last time I checked, sleeping was not part of the job.” Greg smirked, glad that he got one over on Hodges.
“You’d be sleeping too if you had to do this all day! ”He called out, a little too loud.
“Hodges?” Nick gave him a look from across the hall.
“I didn’t say a thing.”

Greg gave it a few hours before visiting the lab tech.
“So, what have you got for me?”
He turned around with a smirk.
“First of all, the ‘cactuss’ does not need an extra ‘S’.
Greg rolled his eyes, “Well, maybe it’s plural. Did you think about that?”
“The plural of cactus is cacti. Even third graders know that.”
“Okay. Results please?” Greg was getting annoyed.
“It’s interesting, though. What I thought was sand, was actually bread crumbs.”
Greg’s eyes got wide.
“Yeah. I found crumbs in your ‘cactuss’ sample. Crumbs from a sandwich. Had a lunch break recently?”
Greg tried to think of an answer. He completely forgot he had eaten his peanut butter and banana sandwich in the evidence room - while the cacti were still on the table.
He was so sure he was careful. He even cleaned up any debris, including the crusts he peeled off. Apparently he didn’t get everything.

Greg muttered a few curses before facing the smug lab technician.
“Well… I may have accidentally eaten lunch by the plant. But I was hungry!”
“You are such a careless guy. How someone like you got to be a CSI I’ll never know.” Hodges rolled his eyes and continued, “You could’ve walked over to the break room, what was it like ten feet too far?”
“Alright, I get it.” Greg grumbled.
“Get what?”

The sparring duo turned around to find Grissom standing by the door. Both of them were surprised - for different reasons.
“How long have you been standing there?” Greg asked quickly.
“I just got here. Why?” Grissom looked suspicious.
“Just… nothing.” Greg put his hands in his pocket. He was really nervous.
“Did you get anything off the plant we found by the vic?”
“Yeah, funny thing…” Greg desided he might as well confess. If he lied, it would be all the worse when Grissom eventually found out. And Grissom always found out.
“Sorry boss, I accidentally dropped the cacti in my lunch bag. Clumsy huh?” Hodges cut off the spiky haired CSI.
Grissom gave him an odd, almost skeptical look, “You dropped a cactus into your lunch bag?”
“Yeah. Guess next time I shouldn’t hold it by the leaves,” he shrugged and looked a little embarrassed.
“You’d better document this, and hope it wasn’t a key piece of evidence,” Grissom warned before taking his leave.

Greg was stunned and turned to Hodges.
“You covered for me? Why? I mean thanks! …But seriously, why?” Greg didn’t know what to think.
“Well, without you, the lab would be a little boring.”
Greg started to grin, “You would miss me if I got suspended or something? Awww, does grumpy ‘ole Hodges care? Do you have a heart of gold?”
“Don’t get full of yourself Sanders. I won’t bail you out next time you make another dumb mistake. Which I’m guessing would be tomorrow.”
“Give me some credit!” Greg raised his hands dramatically.
“You’re right. I give it an hour.” Hodges grinned and turned back to his microscope.

Okay, well I hope you leave any suggestions, comments, corrections, cacti (and cactuses oddly enough...) right here! :D
Oh and I'm gonna work on that sandles challenge. Actually, I'll take your advice, SinCityx and combine _jessica and AmandaSzmanda's challenges! Mostly because it will be less work for me... :p

Back