"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

Oh wow! So many challeneges! And I still didn't respnd to the other two from before... okay, beaujolais suggested a Brass/Sofia fic, after ABRTI. And here you go: It takes place after ’I like to watch’ so I guess there are some ‘spoilers’ for those who haven’t already seen. Hope you like it. :) (Must get to other challenges...)

He didn’t expect them to bring up the shooting incident. He thought he was above that - thought he put it behind him. They just had to bring it up again…
“How are you holding up?” Sofia handed him a drink.

It was pure coincidence that they ended up in the same place they sat in when she thought she killed that cop. He tried to comfort her, reassure her that it was not the end of the world.
Those words sure did come back to haunt him.

“I’ll be fine. I just have to keep going.” he grabbed the drink she offered. “Thanks.”
“No problem,” she smiled. She sat down, and waited for him to speak. When he just drank in silence, she decided she had to start the conversation.
“What happened between you and those camera men?”
“They were asses. One of them asked me about the cop I shot,” his face soured at the mention of the terrible incident…
“I’m sorry. They were really intrusive.”
“More than that,” he sighed. “Damn guys… they were trying to get a rise out of me,” he finished his beer. “And it worked.”
Sofia gave him a sympathetic smile. She knew how terrible it felt to be accused of killing a fellow officer. The eyes that followed you. No one ever forgot, no matter what they said. Brass was always kind to her, and she was sad he had to endure the pain again.
“You’re strong. You shouldn’t let them get to you,” she put her hand on his in a reassuring manner, “You’re a damn good cop, Jim. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

He looked up at her. He didn’t remember a time when she addressed him by his first name. She looked so attractive. He noticed how her hand was on his, and wondered if she was trying to imply something.
‘Who am I kidding,' he thought to himself. ‘A beautiful woman like her interested in an old salt like me?’
And yet he couldn’t shake the warmth in her eyes and the tingling of her hand.
‘She’s just sympathetic… that’s all.’
Brass heaved a sigh and excused himself. She watched him go to the bathroom, wondering if she had done something wrong.

“Get a hold of yourself, man. She knows what it’s like to feel guilty over 'friendly fire', it’s just sympathy.” He splashed some cold water on his face and grabbed some paper towels as he thought out loud.
She’s practically a daughter to me… well, maybe not a daughter. ‘She’s a sexy, dedicated cop who happens to be a few years younger than me,’ he smiled sardonically to himself as he thought this is what Grissom must go through everyday with Sara.
He was feeling sorry for himself and ended up feeling something for Sofia…

“Are you okay in there?” It was Sofia! Damn…
“Yeah, I’m fine.”
One last splash of water and a look in the mirror, and he was ready to face her. He opened the door.
“Why are you all wet?” She questioned as she noticed his wet hair.
“I was feeling kind of hot.”
Sofia gave him a salacious grin, “You’re not the only one.”
Did he hear that right?
“What?” he croaked out.
“It’s definitely hot in here. I ordered us some colder drinks,” she shrugged.
“Oh…” he was a little disappointed. He shouldn’t have read too much into it.

“I know you’ve been through a lot, but I want you to know that I respect you, and I think you’re an incredible person.” She smiled at him again and his face grew warm.
“You’re incredible, yourself, Sofia.”
“I guess we should get going. We have work tomorrow. Wouldn‘t want to get home too late.”
“No, we wouldn‘t want to,” he agreed quietly. He saw her zip up her jacket and walk outside. He followed after paying for the drinks.
“Hey, didn’t you just say you were feeling warm inside?”
“They turned up the AC, it was practically freezing,” she smiled at him and clarified, “I wasn’t talking about the temperature.”

She hailed a cab leaving him confused. But, he wasn’t feeling sorry for himself anymore.

Interesting and cute. Hope it wasn't too bad! And now I'm off! Oh, BTW, midnight_tiptoes, I have not written a Nick/Sofia ficlet, but I’ll give it a go after I have more time! ;)

Aww, that was so sweet! Love the hint of something and how Jim realizes that he and Sofia wouldn't be much different than Grissom and Sara. Thank you so much.

I'm really impressed at these ficlets. You really are an amazing writer.

Thanks! Alright, three challenges is tough... but not impossible! I’m doing this in order, so here’s the snicker requests that SaraSidleStokes asked for first. There were two of them, and I’m going to try and do both of them even though I don’t watch NY. Well, here is the first idea: Sara’s pregnant (with Nick’s child) and everyone’s just starting to figure everything out. Enjoy!

She was happy and surprised at the news. Nick and Sara were going to be proud parents, but it would prove a problem for her line of work. The doctor advised that she talk it over with her supervisor. She was unsure about going down that road. No one at the lab even knew Nick and Sara were dating for a few months, let alone expecting a baby.
She decided she would talk to Grissom - at the last possible moment.

It was easy in the first few weeks. Her morning sickness was at a minimum, and when anyone wondered why she got a little protective over cases involving children, Nick would cover for her. It was easy… until the two realized they worked with people who were trained to pay attention and notice things.

“Are you okay, Sara? You haven’t touched your sandwich.” Catherine looked a little troubled.
“I’m fine,” she mustered a thin smile as she looked down at her soup.
The team had agreed to go out and celebrate the close of particularly difficult case. Nick went along, as well as Sara. But in these closed atmospheres she could feel the scrutinizing eyes of her co-workers.
“It’s weird, you haven’t eaten anything all week, but you look… kinda like round,” Greg ducked as Sara flung a fork at him, “Don’t get me wrong, you haven’t realyy ;gained weight’ so much as… your stomach looks a little rounder than usual.”
Nick glared at the spiky haired CSI who threw his hands up in the air, “Fine, sorry I brought it up!”
“No, I agree,” Catherine came to his defense. “Sara, can you stand up, please?”
“….No.” she responded irritably.
Now everyone was looking at her. Why did they care how she looked anyway.
“You don’t have anything to tell us, do you?” she smiled at Sara.
“I’m fine,” she repeated stubbornly.”
“If you are fine, you wouldn’t mind standing up. I want to see how you look,” she tried ot explain, “You might be sick or something. Maybe I can help. Or Grissom, he’s a doctor.”
He cleared his throat at the mention of his name, “I’m not technically a doctor. I specialize in bugs and dead bodies Catherine. There is a difference.”
“Leave her alone Cath, she’s just tired.” Nick tried to get Catherine to stop, but she had an idea in her mind and refused to let it go.
“She looks like she’s blushing,” Warrick put in his two cents.
“She’s not blushing… she’s glowing!” Catherine looked at Sara who looked like she would rather be under the table than having such a conversation with the older blonde.

Catherine got up and pulled Sara to her feet.
Nick was right behind her, protesting how out of line that was, but Catherine placed a hand on Sara’s stomach.
“Oh my god! Are you pregnant?”

The whole restaurant seemed to go quiet at these words. Sara sank down in her seat as she shot her a fierce look. She pushed the soup aside and put her head down.
“Yes alright, she is,” Nick hissed at her, his hands stroking Sara’s hair. “We were going to wait a while before telling everyone but I guess you figured it out. Sara and I are having a baby.”
After the initial shock, the whole table erupted in congratulations and pats on the back.
“Way to go, Nicky,” Warrick grinned at the slightly embarrassed Texan.
“How far along is she,” Catherine asked.
“You couldn’t tell by feeling up her stomach?” Greg joked, receiving a whack to the head by Catherine.
Sara raised her head and looked over at Grissom. He was the only one who didn’t say anything.
“So… I’m going to have a baby in seven and a half months. I guess I’ll be working until the last month of my pregnancy… are you okay with this?”
He just took of his glasses, carefully wiped them, put them back on and looked at the two uncertain parents to be.
“I hope you’re planning on naming it after a certain someone here,” he managed to smile at them and congratulated the two.
Sara felt much better and looked over at Nick who was just brimming with pride.

Alright, now for the second one... check the next post. ( ;) )

Here's the second ficlet! It’s even shorter than usual, but meets your requirements! And it’s sort of a continuing fic of the first one. Hope you like it... sorry that Danny and Lindsay just make a cameo. :)

The big apple was beautiful, if not a little crowded.
Sara and Nick had decided to vacation in the city that never sleeps, having never actually been there and wanting to see the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State building for themselves.
They were fine playing tourists and wandered around Manhattan marveling at the differences, and yet somehow, similarities New York had to Las Vegas.
“How you holding up?” Nick asked his pregnant wife-to-be.
He wanted to make sure she wasn’t too tired after walking around all day. After six months of pregnancy, she was definitely.
“I’m doing fine,” she assured him.

They walked over to FAO Schwartz and Sara marveled at all the beautiful little toys and novelties. She was getting teary eyed, as she grabbed a fuzzy bear thinking that one day, their own child would be cuddling the little soft, plush toy.
“Let’s get this. For the baby,” she smiled at Nick. He looked at the price tag and hesitated. $18.00 was a little much for a stuffed bear.
“How about we go over to the Toys-R-Us a few blocks away? I’m sure they have nice bears too.”
She sighed but agreed. There was no room for overspending, even though New York was a tempting place to let your wallet loose.

After a long trip to the large toy store, and watching Sara marvel at the indoor ferris wheel and the big teddy bears, the pair found themselves in the Hard Rock Café. They went in, and took a seat, marveling at the interesting - not overtly tacky- objects all around.
They glanced at a couple by the window. They looked very much in love.
“Are we going to be like that ten years from now?” Sara asked him, a hint of worry in her voice.
“Sara, we’ll be happy as long as we communicate and trust each other. More than twenty years,” he smiled at her.

“Danny, we could’ve gone to my house, you know.”
“What can I say, I wanted our anniversary date to be a true New York experience. This café is pretty good,” the young man took off his glasses as he winked at the young, sandy haired girl, “Besides, we can go back to your place afterwards, Lindsay.”
“I’ll hold you on it.” She was grinning, ordering the main course while setting her mind on their ’dessert’.

Nick and Sara couldn’t help but overhear the couple and they smiled themselves. They knew they would be okay.

Awesome! One down, two to go. Leave all comments and such right here! I gotta go work on Adzix's fic now! :D

aww Hestia I love them
I'm such a sucker for Snicker baby fics and rps (mainly because my niece is my inspiration for their baby) I'll have to think up more for you to write when I'm not so busy

WOOOO Danny and Lindsay! I love those two! I hear about a certain surprise is in store for us with those two in the finale.

Adzix requested a LH/Grissom ficlet, and I finally got it done! Whew. Hope you like it. :)

It was the end of the day and Grissom was getting ready to leave work. He walked out of the building and what he saw stopped him in his tracks. He had to take a second look, just to make sure the sun wasn’t playing tricks on him.
Even with his sunglasses on he could see them quite clearly: Sara, Sofia and Heather. Standing by his Tahoe - in what appeared to be a heated conversation.

“How often have you swung by?” Sofia asked the woman clad in black.
“It’s been a little over half a year,” Heather responded demurely.
“And you’re a… dominatrix,” Sara looked like she was either intrigued or appalled.
“I was. I’m not doing that nowadays.”

He had to walk over before the situation became potentially disastrous.
“Hello, Gil.” she waved him over.
“Nice to see you, Heather.”
She walked over to him, grabbed him by the collar and kissed him full on the lips.
“I missed you.” She pouted slightly.
“It shows,” he grinned.
Sara and Sofia just looked at the two in surprise.
Grissom and Heather got into the Tahoe and drove off, leaving the two law enforcers to wonder what the heck just happened.
“I didn’t know that was his type… woah.” Sofia blinked a few times.
“I thought he liked blondes…” Sara wondered.

The car was a cool refuge from the bright sun, and Grissom turned down the radio as he shot Heather an amused look.
“What were you girls talking about?”
She gave him a look as if to say, ‘wouldn’t you like to know?’
After a minute she told him, “Just asking about you. They wanted to know who your new girlfriend was. That sort of thing.”
“Well, I hope you didn’t gloat too much,” he said in a half serious tone.
“Of course not. I was on my best behavior. You know I don’t stop by often. We don’t see each other a lot.”
“I saw you last night,” he reminded her, as she stroked his beard.
“Well, it’s getting harder to let you go.”
Heather’s hands were doing their little dance across his skin and he tried to concentrate on the road. No such luck, when her lips were breathing softly on his ear, he practically lost it.
He had to get to her place or his place as soon as he could. Heck, even a motel would do.

Before they could get any farther he saw sirens in his rearview mirror.
“Crap,” he muttered. Grissom pulled over and Heather immediately took her hands off him.
“Grissom?”
It was Brass. Why did fate have to embarrass him in such a way…?
“You realize you were doing sixty miles in a thirty mile zone? What‘s the hurry?” Brass leaned in and noticed the buxom brunette in his seat.
“Oh, I see. Well, guess I shouldn‘t ask ‘where‘s the fire‘. It‘s pretty obvious.”
“Jim, knock it off.”
“I’ll let you off with a warning. Drive safely, you crazy kids!” Brass said, chuckling the whole way back to the car.
“Well… that seemed to have killed the mood,” Grissom sighed as he started to drive towards his townhouse.
“I know how to get the mood back, as soon as we get to your house,” she whispered.
His house seemed so far away...

Well, I have one more request to get to, namely a sandles fic involving Oreos... I have it almost done, so I'll post it shortly. Leave all suggestions, comments, magazines, camping gear, etc. right here! ;)

OMG!! amazing!! i'm grinning like stupid :D i just LOVE it !!! i'm speechless, you're fantastic Hestia!! :)

Thanks. I do what I can. :)
Alright, This can be a sort of sequel to the Lady Heather/Grissom story suggested by Adzix above. Just so Sara won’t feel too lonely. SinCityx, ilovegrissom1, enjoy! ;)

Sara was feeling down. She thought she had Grissom figured out. All those flirty comments and the suggestive body language. She thought he was trying to get her attention, She got her signals completely crossed - again.
When she spotted Sofia and Lady Heather talking in the parking lot she wandered over to hear what they said.
Apparently Grissom was dating Heather… for six months.
That completely knocked her for a loop. What was more the woman was in the sex business. She didn’t know what to think of Grissom.
She remembered saying something about Grissom’s preference for blondes. Weren’t Terri Miller and Sofia proof of that? The entomologist truly knew how to perplex his co-workers.

With a dismal sigh she walked to the break room, spotting Greg eating some Oreos.
“Give me some,” she nabbed one of the cookies and sat down.
“What’s wrong? You look crushed.” Greg noticed her gloomy demeanor.
“It’s nothing…” she munched on the cookie, looking over a magazine.
Twenty five ways to get a date? Lovely…
Sara felt like the whole world was against her.
“Am I completely un-dateable? I must have the worst luck when it comes to choosing guys!” Sara said a little louder than she intended.
Greg didn’t expect that little outburst. He stared at her in shock. Did she truly not realize all the looks she gets from the lab techs… himself included?
“You have got to be kidding me. I can think of five people - off the top of my head - who have crushes on you.” He stood and tried to emphasize what he was saying.
“You’re gorgeous, you’re smart, you’re funny, and you can be a generous, loving person when you want to be.”
She just looked at him, her turned to be shocked.
“No one’s ever told me that.”
“It’s all true,” he swore.
With a warmness in her heart and another cookie, she smiled shyly at him. He always knew how to make her feel better.
“Thank you Greg. I needed to hear that.” She got up, Greg expected her to just leave, like she usually does, but instead, she poured herself a glass of milk.
She noticed his questioning look, “What? Milk goes good with an Oreo.”
“Well, since we have the time, how about I teach you how to eat an Oreo?”
She just laughed at him. “Teach away, I’m at your command.”
“You know, I’ve always dreamed you’d say that to me,” Greg gave her a suggestive smirk. She didn’t mind one bit. This would be very interesting…

The next day was a ho-hum day, with the highlight being the newest rumor. It seems Brass pulled over Grissom and his ‘lady friend’ over for speeding.
Depending on who you heard it from, she was doing a certain ‘sex act’ on him and Brass let him go as long as he pulled his pants up. Other versions said the bug man actually had to spend the night in a cell.
The CSIs were careful not to mention anything around Grissom, who didn’t seemed to let the gossip affect him too much.

“Nothing new tonight guys. Just wrap up your paper work, or you can work on the cold cases.”
Everyone had left the break room except for Sara, Greg, and oddly enough Grissom.
“So… I heard you were-”
“Save it Greg,” Grissom gave him a stern look.
Greg knew when he was beat, so he pulled out a package of Oreos.
“My favorite,” Sara smiled at him, knowing full well that it wasn’t just the cookie that she liked, but the special feelings she got from the guy who gave them to her.
“Remember what I taught you, kimosabe,” Greg said in a joking voice.
Grissom didn’t seem to get it.
“Of course,” Sara went over to pour herself a glass of milk. She dunked the cookie - or tried at least. The cup was too thin and she ended up accidentally dropping the Oreo in the milk.
“Oops. Someone switched cups on me! This worked yesterday.” Sara looked amused as she stared at the culprit.
“Well, all I can say is that is not how to eat an Oreo cookie,” Greg smiled at her as she threw her other cookie at his head.

Yes, I managed to put in all of your crazy suggestions! :lol: But, I don't mind. Any other suggestions, comments, questions, answers, ponderings leave right here! :D

Well, someone had PMd me a GSR request, and it took me a while to get to it. The person suggested a ficlet that had Sara "doing something stupid" and Grissom and Sara's first kiss. I sent her the ficlet, but figured I could post it here as well for other GSR fans. I hope it's not too bad! *crosses fingers* :D

After a long shift and a grueling case, the last thing she wanted to do was get into another fight. Yet here she was, in Grissom’s office - stuck in a screaming match.

Sara knew it wasn’t the best idea to date the potential murderer, but she didn’t know he was a suspect until the police brought charges to his door. She met him at a bar, of all places, but he seemed so charming. When he asked for a date, she decided it couldn’t hurt. After a few dates and some lovely gifts, word got around the lab and Grissom was not happy.

“This is the stupidest thing you’ve done!”
“I didn’t know he was a suspect! And I was just doing my part to help out, Grissom!”
“You know damn well what could’ve happened to you!”

He was upset and angry - perhaps even jealous. But he couldn’t let Sara know. He was right, he knew it. After they found the fingerprints of Sara’s ‘new boyfriend’ on a murder weapon, he told her it was not best to see him.
However, like a child, she did the exact opposite. Going against his advice, she purposely put herself in harm’s way and went to see him - alone. She tried to explain that she was looking for evidence to exonerate him, but when she found a bloody glove in his laundry basket, she called Brass.
What’s worse is that Grissom didn’t even hear it from her. Greg told her that the guy might’ve killed two other women and Sara pretended she still liked the guy so she could get into his apartment and find some potentially crucial evidence. Brass found out, as well as Greg and they told Grissom.

“It was not my best idea, but we have the evidence, and no one got hurt.”
She tried to leave but Grissom wouldn’t have that, walking over to block her exit he stared at her, trying to comprehend why she would do such a thing.
“You know your evidence could be thrown out of court and you could’ve been killed. You could’ve ended up like those other women. Is that what you wanted?”
She just gave him a tired look and took a step back, “What do you want me to say? I already apologized - I know it was dumb. Everyone knows I dated a murderer, and I almost believed him when he said he was innocent. I’m an idiot. I’m embarrassed! Happy now?”
Grissom saw how upset she looked. She was so sure he couldn’t have killed those women, and he was upset that she cared so much.
“Sara,” he took a deep breath, “I know you had your reasons… your stupid, irrational reasons… I just, didn’t want to lose you. You could’ve been hurt. Why would you even date a guy like that?”
Now she was fired up again, “You wanna know why? I’ll tell you why, he made me fell special. He made me feel beautiful. He didn’t patronize me or over think things and he wanted to be with me! Unlike you, he asked me if something bothered me and he tried to make me feel better.”
She stood up her fists balled to sides as she stood mere inches from her supervisor. “I didn’t love the guy, but for once in my life it was nice to feel wanted. He looked at me with a spark of passion I can’t describe…” She trailed off as she caught a glimpse of his eyes.
If her ‘boyfriend’ had a spark, surely Grissom’s eyes were staring at her with an intense flame. She was confused as she looked into his eyes.
“Grissom-?”
With a quick pounce he was on her. His lips were on hers in a feverish kiss that had her dazed and wanting more. He was practically crushing her against him and just when she thought she couldn’t breathe, he let go.
She stared at Grissom, who looked as dazed and surprised as she felt. She was speechless and so was he. With an awkward smile and a quick goodbye, she slipped past him and left his office.
He walked to his desk and sat down, his lips still tingling from the searing kiss.

Well, there ya go. I encourage you to leave your comments, suggestions, chalk, rocking chairs and other things right here. Go on, I can take! ;)

Well, I hope it`s save to come out now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:........cause I´m the PM person who asked for this fic!

:lol: Mmh, I kinda still expect flying stones! Hehe, just joking around :lol:

Thanks again, Hestia and when you are done with aaaallllllllllll your requests, you may think about a sequel ( someday ) ? ;)

Back