"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

I'm open to anymore suggestions. If I don't get any in a while, I'll just browse the fanfic challenge thread... either way, I'll be busy. :)

Blaah I dunno if I can do that challenge you gave me... its turning into... nothing.

Anyway I got one.

Sara has to get one of her wisdom teeth pulled since she never got it out, and her mouth is sore, and a little numb from the novicane. Greg shows up at her house after and brings icecream, and he has to wait till the novicane wears off to kiss her lol.

(I HATE GETTING TEETH PULLED, I'M STILL IN PAIN!)

i've got a challenge/request type thing.

it must include sara in a [seemingly] serious argument with greg. you can choose what the argument is about, but it has to be something conceivable. the entire fic must be the argument and it can't be cheesy. the last two lines must be..
Greg - "What are we fighting about?"
Sara - "I don't know, but it's serious."

good luck!
and i can't wait to read.

Hehe, you wanted challenges and now you have three. that should keep you busy for a while :devil:

Catherine has been neglected in these stories, let's have her and Jim (it can be a ship if you like) winding down after a case involving a 14 year old girl and arguing about parenting difficult teenagers.

Sincityx your challenge sounded good. Sara will totally feel your pain. Sorry about your tooth, and I hope you feel better. :)

Grissom had surprised everyone when he said Sara was not coming into work.
“Is she okay?”
“She’s just taking a sick day, no big deal,” He responded to Nick’s worry.
“Wow, never thought I’d see the day Sara called in sick,” Warrick leafed through a magazine and Catherine just laughed lightly.
“Alright, everyone, time for assignments.”

“I wonder what happened to her.”
“Greg, that is the fifth time you asked about Sara. Either call her up or quit whining, because I don’t know.” Catherine was beginning to get annoyed that she was partnered up with the curious CSI.
“It’s just weird. And besides, don’t have her number,” he looked a little embarrassed.
“Here,” she gave him a slip of paper.
Greg gave her questioning look.
“I figured you’d ask me sooner or later. I’m surprised it wasn’t sooner. Now go call her so you can have peace of mind.” Catherine hunkered over the car they had in their garage.
“But I’m supposed to be helping you dust the car…”
“Believe me, you’d be more helpful out of my way, or at least not bugging me every five minutes,” she gave him a slight smile.
“Sorry,” he apologized, but ran off to find a safe spot to call Sara.

Greg was sitting on a bench outside the building. The phone rang four times before someone answered.
“Hello?” It was a very groggy sounding Sara.
“Hello, Sara? Hey, I was just worried… are you okay?”
“I just took one sick day, Greg. It’s not the end of the world,” she sounded a little grouchy.
“You don’t sound very sick,” Greg knew that would annoy her, but he did what he had to do to get information from the mulish brunette.
“For your information I went to the dentist and got my wisdom tooth pulled. It hurts like hell…”
“Ouch. I’m sorry. Did they give you anything for it?”
“Some Novocain. But it still hurts. Happy? I gotta go.”
“Wait, I’ll be over at your place after shift. What would you like me to pick up?” HE wanted to make the poor girl feel better.
“Greg-” She was not in the mood for visitors.
“I know, some ice cream would numb your mouth. I remember when I got my tonsils taken out I ate a ton of ice cream. It made me feel better.”
“That’s not the same-”
It was too late. The eager lab rat said goodbye and hung up. He happily went about his duties until the end of shift. Catherine smiled at his demeanor. She just hoped it would rub off on Sara, because chances are she would kill her for giving Greg her number…

“Knock knock! It‘s your favorite CSI with a pint of chocolate swirl ice cream.”
Sara sighed as she opened the door. At least he brought her some ice cream.
“How are you feeling?”
“Lousy.”
“Sorry to hear that. Guess you wouldn’t want me to kiss it to make your pain go away.”
Sara sighed. “My face feels numb. I wouldn’t even feel it.”
“Too bad.” He was really looking forward to it.
After they finished off the ice cream, Sara poked her cheek.
“Oww… not as bad but still a little sore.”
Greg saw his chance and leaned in to kiss her. She was not expecting that and before she knew it, the kiss was over.
“What-?”
“If you could feel the pain, the Novocain must have worn off,” he reasoned with a flirty smile.

Hope you guys like it! Leave any suggestions, corrections, pain medicine, tooth fairies right here! :lol: Time to work on _jessica's challenge.

_jessica, you’re challenge intrigued me... until I realized it couldn’t be cheesy! Oh the missed opportunity! :lol: Okay... I had to think about it and finally came up with this. I hope it’s not TOO cheesy! Enjoy some sandle angst.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Sara approached him in the lab.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Greg looked confused.
“I heard… you and Wendy were together last night.”
There was silence.
“Where did you hear that?” He didn’t deny anything.
“…Does it matter?”
“Let me guess - Hodges,” Greg rolled his eyes.
“Actually from Catherine. Hodges confirmed it though.”
“You know he probably said that to get your attention.”
“What do you mean?”
He rolled his eyes, “Hodges has the hots for you. He’s practically drooling over every girl who gives him the time of day.
“You’re one to talk,” she muttered bitterly.
“I don’t know why you care about my private life.”
“It’s not private when you brag to half the lab about it!”
“I only told Nick…” He felt like he was backed into a corner.
“Do you tell him about every girl you sleep with?”
“What if I do?” He shot back.
“It would be a short list.”
“Ouch. You got me Sara. Anything else?”
“Yeah. You’re trying to be this guy you’re not and it’s so obvious…” She couldn’t explain it, “You‘ve changed.”
“And you haven’t.”
“What?”
“You’ve been running after the same guy for years, hoping for a glance or some flirting. And when he doesn’t give it to you, I’m your fall back guy.” He shook his head, “Maybe I’m tired of being your fall back guy…”
Now she was backed into a corner.
“Why would you bring that up… the old Greg would never have-”
“How about you say what’s really on your mind?” He interrupted her.
“I just…” she seemed to stumble over her words, “I thought you liked… I didn’t realize you would go after anything in a skirt!”
“Come on, that’s not true.”
She gave him a skeptical look.
“I never saw you in a skirt.”
“Shut up. This is not funny!”
“Sara, come on...”
“Save it Greg,” she glared at him.
“What are we fighting about?”
“I don't know, but it's serious.”

Alright now I'm going to move on to act_of_passion's challenge. I agree that there aren't wnough Catherine requests, so people, start requesting more Catherine stories! :)

Awww!! Okay well I have a challenge now!
The thing we were talking about in the sandles thread. Sara is talking about a really important case and its evidence and stuff and Greg is staring down her shirt and he has to say, "What? I uh what were you saying again?"

/squee!!!

it was great! i loved it. it was totally believable, and even the cheesyness was believable.

not to discourage or bash any other writers, but sometimes i just get SO fed up when they write stories about whomever/whomever getting into a fight and then the make up is always something along the lines of "i'm sooooo sorry schmoopywoopey!" "no! i'm more sorry honeybunchoflove!!one!" what can i say, i'm such a sucker for somewhat un-resolved angst. i find its more realistic.

now! i must think up another challenge. i doubt it'll be angsty though.

act_of_passion, so you request it, so I shall write it. Hope you like the ficlet. :D

“Where's the food?”
“I don’t know. But as long as we have our beer, I'll wait.”

Brass and Catherine agreed to go to this new place - they were up for something new. It was s restaurant with an open bar and the two managed to catch Happy Hour. Yet they weren’t feeling so happy.

They thought they were immune to horrible child abuse cases… thought they’d seen the worse. Then along comes a case like tonight.
CSI found a dead fourteen year old girl hanging from her classroom. Her parents beat her and apparently she thought suicide was the only answer.
Catherine was haunted by the way she looked… her blonde hair highlighting her purple face… she reminded her of Lindsey. Catherine just shook her head and took another sip of her beer.

“I can’t get over how much she looked like Ellie.”
Catherine looked at Brass.
“I was actually thinking that she reminded me of Lindsey… God, I hope I don’t experience anything as traumatic as that.”
Brass tilted his head as he thought about it.
“How is Lindsey anyway?”
“She’s a teenager,” Catherine sighed, “I know she has to grow up sometime, but why now? Why so fast? She’s slipping away from me and sometimes I think she might end up…”
Catherine didn’t bother to finish the sentence.
Brass knew.
“Yeah. It’s tough raising a teenager. Especially a girl,” He scratched his head as he thought of the earlier years.
“They throw fits. They scream. They think you don’t care about them…”
“Exactly,” Catherine agreed. “They don’t realize that we punish, and work, and discipline because we care. We do all this because we don't want to see them get hurt.”
“But they have a point. We need to spend time with our daughters. I worked so much that I nearly lost Ellie.”
“Yeah… I bet she was a sweet girl.” Catherine shouldn’t have drank so much beer on an empty stomach. ‘Where was their food?’
“She loved me more than my ex-wife,” Brass chuckled, “Then again, you couldn’t blame her.”
“Jim, stop,” Catherine swatted at him in a playful way.
“Seriously though, you’re a great guy and a great father.”
“And you’re a great mother. You’re so dedicated.” He added. “We should drink to them. Wouldn’t it be funny?”
“To Lindsey and Ellie? Why not?” Catherine giggled.
Brass lifted his bottle and clanked it against Catherine’s beer. She smiled ruefully.
“I shouldn’t be complaining to you. I still have a few years left with Linds.”
“Well, make the most out of them,” Brass responded. “Lindsey will come around. I just know it.”
She straightened up and looked around, feeling a little guilty at what she was going to say.
“Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if Eddie was still alive, you know? To take some of the responsibility off me?”
Brass stared at her, but didn't think it was odd. “How about this, if we get enough money, we’ll take a few days off and go to Cape Cod. You and me. We deserve it. We’re good parents.”
“I’ll drink to that.”
Catherine toasted Brass once more and they shared stories of their beloved daughters. The girls that made their life so hard, but they wouldn’t trade them for the world.

It was short and more of a friendship piece but I hope you liked it. Now I must work on that sandle piece where Greg stares at Sara's shirt! :lol:

Wow, that surpassed all my expectations, amazing! I love friendship ships, the good ones are surprisingly hard to come by. You're an amazing writer, I can't believe how fast you come up with these. Thanks a bundle

Back