"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

I love your writing. I've been a BrassCat fan for a long time but recently became a Jimmy/Sara shipper (Sass). I was wondering if you could write a Jim Brass/Sara Sidle fic.

I have a challenge!

Has to be about Greg and Sara talking before Nick shows up at the diner in Rashomama.

Has to mention the two of them having their first kiss at the diner hence Greg's 'Tradition' excuse.

That epi was so Sandle-y!

Well, I'm up to three suggestions already! Cool.
Brassfan24, I saw your suggestion first. I would be glad to write you Jim Brass/Sara Sidle fic. :) Hope you like it.

It was Sara’s day off, so she figured she should stay at home. But after a few hours of sleep, she became restless and decided to go outside for a walk.
It was a nice day, and she strode over to the park. She couldn’t help but smile at the children who were running around, playing and laughing.
She walked over to a bench under a large tree and sat down.
Opening her bag, Sra took out a book, and started to read where she left off the night before. Only she would do some forensic reading outside by the park.

“Sara?”
She looked up from her book, a familiar voice had interrupted her thoughts.
“Hey Brass.” She smiled at the detective. “What brings you here?”
“I could ask the same thing.”
“It’s my day off. This is a nice place to get some fresh air and relax.”
He gave her one of his teasing smiles, “You go outside of a gorgeous day like today to read? Only you…” he shook his head. “Mind if I join you?”
“Not at all.” He sat beside her. “So, it’s your day off, too?”
“Yeah,” he responded. “Actually, I used to come here with my daughter a while ago. I think Catherine did too…” his smile faded just a bit.
“Now I come here by myself. Sit here under this tree from time to time.”
“You’re not by yourself. I’m here,” she put her book away.
“Yeah. This is nice.”
“So… how is everything,” she tried to start a conversation.
“It’s alright.”
He looked up at the sky and put on some shades. The sun was moving in and the tree’s shadows were getting smaller. The conversation seemed to halt for a few minutes as they stared out at the trees and the occasional child running by.
“I’m thinking of retiring.”
This comment came completely out of the blue. Sara turned to him in surprise.
“You are? Why?”
He shrugged, “It’s about time, I think. I’ve seen so many things that nothing shocks me anymore. I gotta get out before I get eaten alive.”
Sara nodded sympathetically.
“It’s just one of those days, you know? Everyone has them… you feel like you have nothing else and the inhumanity of the world is just devastating… you can’t leave just yet.”
She wouldn’t look him in the eye, but her voice was steady and firm. He paid close attention.
“I’ve had days like that. When I just want to quit. I think I don’t make a difference,” she turned to him, “But I do. We both do.”
He took of his sunglasses, staring hard at her.
“You help people, Jim. You’ve helped me.” She said quietly, “You’re one in a million. Don’t let anything get you down.”
Brass smiled at her, and she turned around.
“Thanks for the pep talk.” He added, “Sara.”
“Well, you know I’m always around when you need to talk.” She said in a way that reminded him of when he helped her with her drinking.
“I hope you know I’m only staying for you.” He smiled almost joking. Almost.
“Yeah. Thank you.”

Well, there you go. Leave all comments, benches, parks and such right here! Szmandagurl1129 I'll be working on your challenge next! ;)
It's fun being a multi-shipper. I enjoyed the sandleness and the snickerness of the Rashomama episode! :D

Okay Szmandagurl1129, here is my response to your chalenge! I hope you like it, and I’m glad to see all these new faces! :D (This may contain some spoiler-ish info about the awesome episode Rashomama)

Greg and Sara had finished loading the evidence into Nick’s truck. Nick told them he would catch up with them, and the two walked into the diner.
“Usual booth?” Greg asked.
“What else?” Sara responded. As if it would be anything different.

After scanning the menu they waved a waitress over.
“Haven’t I seen you two here before?” The waitress leaned in, as if examining the two CSIs.
“If you have, you’d know what I want to eat.”
“What?”
“He always orders the same thing,” Sara supplied, “Eggs over easy, toast and a large coffee with two sugars.”
Greg smiled at her, nodding in surprise and appreciation.
“What will I have, Greg?” Sara posed a challenge.
He didn’t hesitate, “The waffle platter with a side of potatoes and a medium coffee with three sugars.” He folded his arms and the waitress looked at her.
“He’s correct.”
“Okay. Coming up.” The ashy blonde waitress walked off.
“Good thing you remembered.”
“How could I forget?” the easy going CSI replied. “I can think of a sweet memory that will always have me remembering this place.”
Sara rolled her eyes but smiled.
“You mean when I spilled syrup on my shirt?”
“That’s the second sweetest.”

She remembered the day clearly. The two had investigated a robbery a few blocks down and decided to stop by at the diner.
Sara got some waffles. The pictures made it look so appetizing.
Then as she poured the little bottle of syrup (which in retrospect had a suspiciously loose top) it spilled out on the front her white shirt and dribbled onto her pants. Greg tried to wipe it off with napkins and she nearly slapped him - partly because it was just smearing the sticky syrup and partly because he enjoyed rubbing down the front of her shirt a little too much.

“You ruined a perfectly good shirt.” Sara reminded Greg.
“Well, you didn’t seem so upset afterward.” He was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

She remembered how profusely he apologized and he lent her one of his spare shirts. Outside the diner, she was still a little mad but Greg leaned in and kissed her. It came out of left field so she didn’t even kiss him back.
“Why did you kiss me,” She had asked him.
“I thought it might cheer you up.” he replied with a nervous smile.
Ever since then, she didn’t forget the kiss, but she had always insisted on coming back, hoping for a repeat. They weren’t dating but they had shared some looks and perhaps today she would finally initiate the kiss… finally be able to kiss him back.
He asked her a while ago why she kept insisting.
She told him it could be a sort of tradition. Their tradition.

Sitting at the same seat, she almost forgot those words...
“I remember you now,” the waitress returned with their orders. “You were the girl who spilled syrup on herself. We got new syrup dispensers because of that.”
“Glad I could help,” Sara muttered.

As they dug in, Nick coming inside and taking a seat beside her, she found herself complaining about the food. “Why do we keep coming here?”
Greg mentioned how it was open twenty four hours, but it was his last words that caught Sara’s attention.
“It’s tradition.”
She smiled to herself. He remembered. Someday they’ll finish their tradition.

I hope the sandle shippers liked that. ;) You can just put that in as what might have happened before Nick arrived!
Now I'm off to work on that snickers suggestion, SaraSidleStokes!

Thanks... really enjoyed the Sass fic. I think they'd make a really great couple. But I know I don't have a prayer of them getting together on the show, so I'm glad to sit back and enjoy the great stories about them.

That was awesome!!! *tries to think of new challenge but amazingly comes up blank* I'll think of something! *thinks* Ah! well, when I think of somehting, I'll be back! Anyway, great job on the Sandles ^.^

Well, I finally got to the snickers suggestions you PM’d me, SaraSidleStokes. I divided the suggestions into two ficlets and they can be seen as a two parter or two separate one shots. I hope you like it. :)

“Nice shirt. It’s a little big though, isn’t it?”
“It’s fine Greg.” Sara walked pass him and headed for the evidence room. She was helping Catherine on a hit and run.

“Sara, how many baggy clothes do you own? I’ve never seen you in such oversized, gaudy shirts and pants!”
Sara rolled her eyes at her co-worker. Of course she would comment on her new, ‘bump concealing’ style. She was five months pregnant and tried to keep the news to herself.
“We’re here to investigate who killed this woman, not talk about my fashion choice, so can we just drop it?” She was feeling a little irritated. Damn mood swings.
“Geeze. Alright, Sara.” Catherine gave her a confused look.

Sara needed air. She informed Catherine she was going to check on their blood sample in the DNA lab. She made a hasty exit, not wanting to talk about her clothes or why she was wearing them.

On her way to DNA she bumped into Nick.
“Hey, sorry about that.” He did a double take. “Did you always wear those big shirts?”
Sara glared at him. “Yes. Now stop asking.”
“Woah, I just asked once!” He defended himself. Sara looked annoyed.
“Why does everyone care so much about what I’m wearing? We’re here to work not talk about my wardrobe!”
Warrick and Greg came out to see what the commotion was.
“What’s happening?” Greg looked at Nick, not daring to ask the scowling Sara.
“I just mentioned something about her clothes and she totally blew up.”
“You’re not the only one who’s been asking me!” Sara was on a roll, “First Greg, then Catherine, now you,” she pointed at a very confused Nick. “Maybe I don’t feel like parading around in tight tops and low cut jeans. Maybe I just want to be comfortable when I work. So if anyone else asks me why I’m wearing these clothes I will give them something to talk about!”

Hodges passed by hearing some shouts and unluckily, he failed to notice Sara’s angry disposition.
“What’s going on with you guys? And why is she wearing maternity clothes?” He gestured to Sara.
It took all three men to keep Sara from beating the living daylights out of the terrified Hodges.

“Wow. You’re pregnant.”
She was in the break room and finally broke the news to Catherine. If not a mother, who else?
“Yeah. Guess now you know why I’ve been wearing these clothes and acting so moody.”
“Do you know who… the father is?”
“Sort of. I just… don‘t think I should tell him. He probably doesn‘t remember.”
Sara left and felt the repercussions of her outburst - the rumor mill:
“I heard it was Grissom… That’s one way of getting a promotion.”
“Really? I thought her and Greg were having a fling.”
“If the baby comes out dark skinned with green eyes, we’ll know who it is!”

Sara tried to ignore them. She was coping with it much better than Nick.

“I can’t believe it! She’s pregnant! Who could possibly… why would she…?” Nick was shocked and upset. Warrick just ‘tsk tsk’d’.
“You should’ve told her how you felt when you had the chance.”
Nick looked at his friend and made up his mind, “You’re right. I have to find her.”
“Wait, not now! She’s gonna have a baby, and you’re just gonna spring it on her?” Warrick tried to talk him out of it.
“I have to know.” Nick answered and practically ran off in search for her.

“Sara!”
She turned around to see Nick running to her.
“Hey Nick. What’s up?”
“First of all, I’m sorry about that dumb shirt comment. Second of all, I need you to know that I… care about you. I’ve had feelings for you for so long and it kills me that you’re going to have this baby. If I had told you sooner maybe it would be my child…”
Sara pursed her lips and thought about what he said. She broke out into a smile.
“I should be mad that you don’t seem to remember… but I guess I should tell you who the father is.” She grabbed his hand and held it against her belly.
His eyes widened in a sense of wonder and realization.
“Are you saying-?”
“I’m almost positive. Even my memory is a little hazy, but there’s no doubt,” she looked into his eyes. “And for the record, I care about you too.”
She kissed his cheek, feeling more hopeful than ever.

This was one of my longer ficlets. Alright, second sugestion coming up! ;)

Well, I hope you don’t mind that the second part is a little shorter. This is when Sara gives birth - at a crime scene! It can be read as a stand alone or as the sequel to the story above. Enjoy! :D

She begged, yelled and even threatened to quit if she was forced early maternity leave. Ecklie just shook his head as he surmised she was the only woman who would give up paid leave in order to work.

It was the beginning of her ninth month, and Nick was calling her every day. He was making sure she was okay. Even after promising to work limited hours, he still worried. He would be a nervous father.

She didn’t get a chance to work the field at this state, so when they were short handed, Grissom had no choice but to call Sara. He specified that she was only going to grab some collected evidence and transport it to the lab. Then she could clock out. As she finished loading the Denali she felt a small contraction.
The sharp pains in her abdomen lingered and became stronger.
She tried to shake it of - she was close to going home - but as soon as she bent over to get into the car, she felt a rush of fluid running down her feet.
She looked down in astonishment. Her water broke.
This wasn’t supposed to happen for another three weeks!
She started moaning out in pain and clutching her sides. It was no use muffling her cries. Greg heard and walked over to see if she was okay.
“My water broke,” she cried out, leaning against the car. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping it would go away or at least the contractions would get less painful.
“Oh crap!” Greg saw her clutching her stomach and laying down on the concrete. He didn’t know what to do.
“Greg. get help, now!”
He rushed to get Catherine and Grissom. She frowned. That was not what she meant! She started to breathe heavily.
“She’s going to have the baby!” Catherine was leaning by her side.
Brass got out of his car, hearing Catherine’s shout and radioed for an ambulance.

Sara didn’t know what was worse: her pain or her embarrassment.
Grissom walked over and handed Catherine his jacket. She in turn bunched it up to serve as a blanket Sara could lie on.
“Don’t worry, hun, the paramedics should be here soon. Just breathe until they get here.”
She clutched Catherine’s hand breathing in and out while Grissom and Greg looked on in wonder and shock. Sara tried to tell them to look away, or at least help, but all she could do was breathe.
Breathe and push.

“Where are they?”
“There was a construction blocking them, they’ll take a while!”
Sara was pushing and breathing - remembering what she learned in her lamaze books.
Then it was over. She heard a cry that brought tears to her eyes.
“Oh my God… he’s so beautiful!”
“He? It’s a boy?”
Brass offered his jacket to protect the newborn. “Yup. You got yourself a healthy baby boy, kiddo.”
“Someone… call Nick,” she gasped out.

Nick was able to meet them at the hospital, pride in his eyes. When he set his sights on their baby boy, there was no doubt that he was Nicholas Stokes’ son.

Well, you can leave all suggestions, comments, corrections, oversized shirts, and other such things right here! ;) Thank you, everyone who reviews my stories and continues to suggest new ideas. It's pretty cool to have my work appreciated. :D

Back