"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

Oh, here's my challenge.
Gotto involve Greg's first day at CSIand a crush on Catehrine, Grissom and Ecklie fighting, Sara Warrick and Nick speculating about Greg&Cath.
Plus: You must include the Shekspearian line "To be or not to be, that is the question".

If you make it, I'll buy u a Pepsi. :lol:

YAY YOU'RE BACK!!!!! :D :D :D I miss you and your wonderful ficlets, so glad that you're back...

Love the Fannysmackin ficlet... It was cute how Sara kissed his cheek and he just knew it was her :)
Greg and Sandle, what not to love? :D You know you're my fave :)

Good to see you're back in action... Rock on! :D

Thank you, everyone! I’m glad people haven’t given up on me. :lol: I will try to do my best to live up to your expectations and “rock”.
I see I’ve got a new couple: Tag (I’m almost sure that’s what it’s called!) Great; I’m still determined to write about every pairing possible (in Las Vegas) before this thread reaches 1000 posts!
Dardeile, a new requestor who's bribing me with Pepsi©? How can I say no to that?
Drink.gif

His first day back on the job, and he was already on a case. It was simple, and he didn’t complain; he would be helping Catherine on a smash and grab. Grissom made sure not to mention what happened, he merely welcomed him back and retreated to his office. Greg didn’t know why he expected Grissom to say something more.
Catherine looked over at him, noting Greg’s slight disappointment, “Don’t mind him. He’s been working this case with Ecklie…”
“Oh,” he nodded in understanding while smiling unabashed, “I guess I should be glad he didn’t growl at me or something.”
She let out a light, airy laugh, making him feel light as well. Almost light headed. The feeling passed as quick as it came.
“Let’s get going, Greg.”

~~~~~~
“This was clearly a case of opportunity, using the play onstage to mask the murder. The play’s the thing…
Ecklie sighed, listening to Grissom’s Shakespeare puns and one liners was starting to get to him. He swore he would be more political and respectful, but two weeks with Grissom working on a murder found in a college Shakespearean play was about as bad as it could get.
“Well without some solid evidence we’re going no where fast! I still think he committed suicide.”
To be or not to be, that is the question.” Grissom mused, not paying attention, “And you’re wrong. The director has motive.”
“What motive?!”
“Jealousy. The actor left her for the younger co-star. So wise so young, they say do never live long.”
Ecklie just stared at him blankly.
King Richard III. Scene 3,” Grissom clarified with a slight smirk.
“No more Shakespeare! If you mention Shakespeare one more time…”
Ecklie was just about ready to take Grissom off the case.
“Why Ecklie, methinks thou protest too much.”
“That’s it! I’m getting the sheriff! Goodbye.”
He got up and left, leaving a pleased Grissom. Technically, he didn’t quote the Shakespeare line, he just changed it a bit. Grissom decided to follow Ecklie wondering how much badgering he could get away with.
Besides, no one ever interrupts a Grissom soliloquy.

Warrick, and Sara met up with Nick in the garage. They were talking to each other about what they witnessed a few minutes ago.
“You should’ve seen what happened a moment ago, it was kinda weird,” Warrick started as soon as Nick gave him a questioning look.
“Weird but kind of funny,” Sara added.
“You mean that thing with Greg and Catherine?”
“What?” They both responded at once. Nick realized they weren’t referring to what he saw.
“Never mind. What were you guys saying?”
“Just that Grissom was following Ecklie and reciting Hamlet, and Ecklie was yelling at him to stop.”
Nick nodded, looking amused.
“But what do you mean Greg and Catherine?” Sara questioned.
“It was nothing.”
Sara gave him a hard look. He wouldn't get away that easily. Warrick stared at the hapless Nick, looking just as intrigued as Sara.
“Just spill, man.”
“Keep in mind whatever they do is their personal business, but I think Greg and Catherine are involved.”
Warrick looked surprised, while Sara had confusion etched on her features.
“Ever since Greg got back from the hospital, he and Cath have been 'chummy'.”
“That doesn’t mean they’re together,” Sara quickly pointed out.
“I thought so too. Well, until I spotted Greg kissing her in the parking lot. They got back from their case and I guess they didn’t notice me.”

His two colleagues looked astonished. Warrick spoke up first.
“Isn’t it against protocol to date an employee?”
“Only if there’s no fooling around at work, other than that there’s no solid rule against it,” Sara responded absent mindedly.
Now Nick looked at her in confusion.
“How do you know?”
“Umm, never mind. I gotta go,” Sara quickly left the garage.
Warrick looked back at his friend, “So you’re sure the two were kissing?”
“Yeah. I saw it with my own eyes.”
“I guess I’m happy for them,” he shrugged and picked up a wrench, ready to focus on the case.

~~~~~~
“Sorry about…”
“It’s fine. You were carried away and so was I,” Catherine smiled at the younger CSI. Truth be told she was caught off guard. They got back with the evidence and she just caught him staring at her. She was about to make some flirty comment, when he leaned forward and kissed her. That just about topped any flirty comment she could’ve come up with.
“Yeah, well... Just wanted to apologize before I told you that I’ve actually wanted to do that for a while,” Greg looked a little embarrassed.
She laughed to herself, “Really…? Well, I’m not complaining.”
He let out a sigh of relief. The two walked into the lab, hoping that no one saw them.

Yes, I included a kiss. Mainly because the 'fight' between Grissom and Ecklie was more of a... disagreement? Nah, I'd say hissy fit. :p So I owed you the kiss, and I believe someone owes me a carbonated beverage. :D
And leave all criticism, comments, corrections anything like that right here. ^_~

Welcome back, Hestia. This is about after Fannysmackin. I got this idea, no ship. Just very strong friendship between Nick, Sara and Greg. Nick and Sara take Greg out to dinner when he leave the hospital. They talk about what happen to them in the past, about Nick's kidnapped, Sara's being hostage by the guy at the committed and Greg got blow up in the lab (Play with Fire.) They got very strong bond with each other that cannot be broken. If you have the time to write it.

Hestia said:
Greg sank back into his bed thoughts wandering in and out. Everything went by in a blur. First there was the man who was being attacked; Greg’s conscious drove him to do

Hi, you did invite comments and criticism. You've got a nice little story here, but there were a few glaring mistakes. This is one. Conscience, not conscious.

Dozing in and out of sleep, he was in a turbulent of emotions, trying to shake the images of the boy who died,

This is the other. Turbulent is an adjective, not something you can be in.

Altogether I find he came to the resolution that he'd get through it all very quickly. Trauma takes time. And I think we can bet he's traumatized after this one.

Sorry to just comment and go but my hands are painful and can't type much.

--Gabinka

Hestia I am SO going to buy you that pepsi!!! :D
That was great...Grissom quoting Shakespeare to Ecklie? :lol: That is SO Grissomesque :lol: !

Congrats again, u are a hell of a writer ;)

Thanks for the corrections, Gabinka. (Hope you hands are okay. Oh, and welcome to the CSI board.)
I know I need to be more aware about what I write. (sometimes spellchecker isn’t enough). I’m sure if I wrote a longer story, I would definitely flesh out the characters and refrain from ‘tying up all the loose ends in a neat little package’, but having a limited amount of space, I thought I should try and make some progress although I can see how it looks like he did get over his ordeal.
Actually, I hope we do get some drama from Greg’s character this season (then again, look at what the producers and writers did to Nick’s story arc. *sigh*).
Anyway, I appreciate the criticism, and I’ll keep it in mind when as I write this new ficlet, suggested by NicknGrissom (If I‘m not mistaken, you used to be known as Gilbert). :)

“Come on, we’re taking you to dinner and that’s final.”
Greg threw his hands up in defeat. Nick was badgering him to get something to eat with him ever since Greg got out of the hospital. When Sara heard about it she joined in and he finally agreed. His co-workers were quite persistent when they wanted to be.

“So where to?” Sara first looked at Nick, then she looked at Greg in the backseat. They didn’t really seem to have any particular place in mind, so they drove around for a while before Nick got an idea.
“To the diner?”
“Where else,” Greg gave them a half smile.
Sara stifled her groan. She couldn’t compete with tradition.

Nick encouraged Greg to order anything he wanted, since he would pay for everything. While the two guys got the dinner specials, Sara decided to stick with coffee. She made it clear that she wasn’t a big fan of the mostly meat-laden menu.
After finishing their meals they started talking, not wanting to leave just yet. Nick and Sara carefully avoided the issue about what happened to Greg, thinking he wouldn’t want to talk about it, so they were rather surprised when it was him who brought up the issue.

“Warrick told me you punched one of the guys in the case with the tourists,” Greg mentioned seemingly out of the blue. Nick took a second before answering.
“The ringleader? Yeah. I guess I kind of lost my cool.”
“Can’t say he didn’t deserve it,” Sara said, surprising the two men.
“I thought you were against violence.”
She tried to explain herself, “I am… but some guys deserve… more than our definition of justice. I know that when Nick was buried…” she quickly stopped herself from putting her foot in her mouth. She obviously didn’t stop quick enough.
“It’s okay, Sara.”
The three stayed silent before Nick spoke up again, “It helps to talk about it, Greg. I should know.”
Greg just looked at him, then turned his attention to his coffee mug.
“I know you’re probably feeling kind of weird about it, so I’ll tell you what happened to me when I…”
“You don’t have to. I shouldn’t have brought it up-” Sara looked uncomfortable.
“No,” he held up a hand to silence her, “I want to.”

Gathering some courage, he started with the bagged cup he found at the fabricated scene.
“I never knew what hit me. And when I came to, I didn’t realize it would get worse. A whole lot worse…”
Greg stared at his friend with a solemn expression. He respected Nick for saying all this, but he wasn’t sure how he felt about it.
“… the worst part was what was going on in my mind when I was underground. The confinement and the pain was horrible, but all I thought about was ‘What if I never see my family and friends again?’ When you guys came… and found me, I… if you came a minute later I wouldn’t be here.” His face was grim and his hands were gripping the table.
Greg swallowed hard, not sure of what to say.

“It comes with the job.” The CSIs stared at Sara.
“No one on the team gets away unscathed. Not even me,” she mulled it over, before continuing.
“I know I have no right comparing what happened to me with what you guys went through. But the fear was the same. The fear…”
“When I was doing the Garson case at the asylum, I never thought I would be in any danger. Even when I was alone.” She stumbled on her words before going on, “I was checking for evidence when an inmate attacked me in the nurse’s station. He locked the door and almost killed me. Grissom was just outside… but he might as well have been a hundred miles away.”
“Sara, I never knew,” Nick gave her a strangely sad look.
She just shook her head, as if to clear the thoughts from her memory, “It’s fine. I’m fine. Now.”

Greg stared at the two, compelled to say something after staying quiet for so long.

“I guess you’re right. You know, when I became a CSI, I thought I’d be more responsible. More careful. The lab wasn’t the same after the explosion. Neither was I.”
Their attention was on Greg now.
“Uhhh… I guess it’s pretty obvious that I was scared after it happened. I tried not to be, and I thought I put it behind me when I became a CSI. When the lab blew up, I should’ve known that law enforcement isn’t completely safe. No matter what field your in.”
Nick and Sara agreed.
“It’s safe to assume that no place is ever 100% secure. But we all have our demons, Greg. and they’ll fade... in time.” Sara gave him a reassuring smile.
“We survived. That’s what matters,” Nick’s look was steadfast and certain.
Greg nodded, feeling somewhat comforted that they were willing to share their own intense experiences. It was not something he would soon forget.

Friendship ficlets always make me smile. Nice choice of Nick, Sara and Greg, NicknGrissom. Hope there were no major mistakes in this one! :lol: But if there were, feel free to point them out (hope I don't have too many in this one), or just give a comment or suggestion.
Thanks for reading. ^_^

No mistakes there. I love it. Thanks for writing it.

Yes, I use to be Gilbert, so I decided to change my user name to NicknGrissom.

Hestia said:
Thanks for the corrections, Gabinka. (Hope you hands are okay. Oh, and welcome to the CSI board.)
I know I need to be more aware about what I write. (sometimes spellchecker isn’t enough). I’m sure if I wrote a longer story, I would definitely flesh out the characters and refrain from ‘tying up all the loose ends in a neat little package’, but having a limited amount of space, I thought I should try and make some progress although I can see how it looks like he did get over his ordeal.
Actually, I hope we do get some drama from Greg’s character this season (then again, look at what the producers and writers did to Nick’s story arc. *sigh*).
Anyway, I appreciate the criticism, and I’ll keep it in mind when as I write this new ficlet

Thanks. Had MRI and Xray done today on the hands. May know something in 2 weeks, just in time for the next CSI ep. Sigh.

I have a talent for spotting typos and grammar mistakes as I read for enjoyment. And trauma in writing is sort of my specialty. I was assaulted with a knife at 16 and have been analyzing trauma since then. Took me 10 years to stop shaking when telling about it. And TV seems to NOT show it so often. So I *really* look for it when I see something like what happened to Greg (and Nick, and yeah they kind of blew that one right by, didn't they. But then, they did have summer hiatus as an excuse). I was hoping for more with Greg in last night's ep. Got a little: still bruised, a little sharp with the suspects, and that tiny little talk with Cath.

I did write a little story of my own (wrote one after Grave Danger, too) if anyone's interested. They're on fanfiction.net. (I'm really surprised there isn't more.)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3198768/1/ (that's the one after Fannysmackin'

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2419728/1/ (the one after Grave Danger).

Both quite short. Don't think I could write on-demand, like you, though. Kudos on that talent!

--Gabinka
I need to get a sig set up

And AmandaSzmanda, you most definitely can give me new challenges. I hope they’re not too crazy

I never suggest anything to crazy.

So, I hope you liked it. I know that AmandaSzmanda is also a CatNip fan.

Aww, you remembered. :D Loverly story

I’m still determined to write about every pairing possible (in Las Vegas) before this thread reaches 1000 posts!

Every pairing possible? How about a Sara and Sofia pairing. One where they go to dinner and then the waiter(ess) makes a homophobic comment that makes Sara stand up and yell at her and Sofia has to clam her down. (See, that's not so crazy)

Alright, Sara and Sofia (I believe that is nicknamed ‘Crimson Gold’ - but don't quote me on it! :p). Hmmm… I think that this will lean a little more towards friendship with some suggestive undertones. With this ficlet, I am one step closer to completing my personal shippy goal! :D

She didn’t expect to meet her there, but through some kind of coincidence, Sara and Sofia found themselves in the same restaurant. At the same time. On their respective day off.
Sara wasn’t sure if she should leave or just sit down somewhere. Why should she go? She had nothing against Sofia. She might even enjoy her company.
“Hey Sara. I didn’t know you'd be here.”
“I thought I’d check it out. Besides, I didn't feel like ordering take-out.”
"Do you want to join me?” Sofia asked.
Was she being polite? It didn't really matter because Sara already accepted the invitation. She easily slid opposite the blonde and gave her a small smile.
Now who would break the ice?

“So… it’s your day off?”
“Yeah.”
“Yeah, mine too.”
They had already run out of things to say in under ten seconds. It was a little awkward to say the least.
The approaching waiter was a welcome distraction. “Hello there, ladies, what can I get for you?”
“Just a salad and some iced tea.”
“Same for me,” Sofia responded good-naturedly.
“Watching your figure, huh?”
Sara gave him a look, but he seemed not to catch it. Or he ignored it.
“So, what are you, like gymnasts? Eating lettuce and sporting those killer bods. I bet you gals hit the gym a lot,” he was shamelessly flirting.
“How about you just get us those salads,” Sofia responded with a forced, polite smile.
Sara felt herself more at ease. There was nothing like two women bonding over a common interest. At the moment it was their dislike for the nosy waiter.
The waiter was undeterred. He left, but quickly came back with two glasses of water.
“Water. Low in calories and healthy. So feeling chatty?”
“No. Buh bye,” it was Sara's turn to drive the guy away.
The waiter didn’t take the hint. He actually looked them over before spotting a flash of gold. Specifically Sofia’s badge.

“Oh. I get it. You two are cops?”
They pointedly ignored him, something which he didn’t take too kindly.
“I should’ve guessed you were cops. No wonder you aren’t into men. A bunch of uniformed, angry lesbos - just a buzz cut away from being butches.”
The two women obviously didn’t expect that outburst. Sara was first to respond, with a glare directed at the boorish waiter. He had crossed a line.
“I’m sorry, did you just call us angry, lesbo butches? Let me tell you, this profession supplies us with guns, and you just pissed off the wrong gun packing’ butch.” She made sure to emphasize the word 'butch' as she angrily stood up.
The waiter just stared at her with his mouth agape while Sofia frantically tried to think of a way to calm the brunette down.
As soon as Sara took a step towards the waiter, Sofia realized she would have to physically hold Sara back before things escalated.
“Calm down. We’ll just go somewhere else.”
Sara’s eyes never left the waiter, and Sofia huffed as she tried to “lead” Sara to the exit.
Before Sofia dragged her out the door, Sara yelled out one last threat, “Your manager will be hearing from me!”

Outside, Sofia relinquished her grip and let Sara cool off.
“Why did you drag me out of there? Especially after what he said to us!”
“You blew things up way out of proportion. I was angry too, but you could’ve just told the manager and be done with it. It wasn’t very smart to threaten him with your gun.”
“I don’t even have it with me. ”
“Yeah well he didn’t know that and neither did I. You threatened him and lost your temper when you shouldn‘t have.”
Sara felt herself slouch in defeat. Sofia had a point.
“I guess you’re right. Sorry.”
The blonde gave Sara an agreeable smile, “Can’t say I didn’t see it coming. You’ve got quite the fiery temper in you.”
Sara found herself smiling half heartedly, “And you’re more grounded, and sensible than I give you credit for.”
“Still want to have dinner together?”
Sara suppressed a laugh before responding, “I’d like that. But I’ll pick the place this time.”
“Doesn’t make a difference to me,” she smiled impishly, “Even uniformed, angry butches need to eat.”

Yeah... that was the best I could come up with. But I still hope you liked it, AmandaSzmanda! Now I'm off to look at the fanfiction suggestion thread!
Anyone who wants to make a suggestion can, or if you just want to leave some kind of comment, corrction, or criticism, you may do that as well. ;)

I loved it. You are a great writer.

Here is one that isn't that hard, but it's in spirt:

The crime lab has a Halloween party. Grissom has to be dressed up as a lady bug, and then get called to a crime scene, not having time to change, and two people (I don't really care who) of the oppisite sex have to dress up as something "couply" without planning too, which leads to someone saying "I didn't know you were dating".

Halloween ficlet! I was wondering when I would get a request like that. :lol: BUT before I do that, I want to post this little idea I've had in my head for a while. I was sort of inspired by Joy22 and some Jay-Z music (of all things! :eek:). Anyway, I hope she likes it, and it's one more couple I can cross of my list (but by all means you can still suggest that shipping in the future! ;))

The dark, star-filled night stirred something within him. He never really looked at the stars - largely because the Vegas lights obscured most, if not all, of them. The night sky reminded him of life, and made him realize he had reached a point where he had to take a break from work or risk going mad. He wanted to live in the moment, and enjoy life.

Without a word to his colleagues, he got into his car and drove.

No destination in mind but a full tank of gas. Where would he end up? Perhaps he could see how far he could go if he just kept going straight. Little things like that always intrigued him when he was younger - more adventurous. His analytical mind could tell him he would probably end up somewhere near Los Angeles, only a few hundred miles from Vegas. But he wanted to test his theory.

He drove for miles, not stopping. Passing streets, then highways, then roads. He drove through the night. The stars becoming clearer, and lighting the sky in a way he would never get to see back home.
After twelve hours, the adrenaline in his bones was the only thing that kept him going.

His foot was firmly on the acceleration, feeling almost like he had to go faster. He was trying out race something… he just wasn’t sure what.
After a while, the road signs passed by in a blur, though he didn’t feel groggy at all. For a brief moment, he became unaware of his surroundings. He looked beside him and felt himself smile warmly.
She was dozing peacefully in the passenger seat, looking so happy and serene. He had an urge - a longing - to stop and stare at her, so he could capture that very moment if only in his mind. But he pressed on.

The garish lights of the neon metropolis were far behind the two, and the only thought in his mind was just getting away from it… if only for a day. He was just glad he brought her with him, and he hoped the others wouldn’t be too angry.

Along the cliffs overlooking the ocean, the sight of the rising sun caught his eye and he finally decided to stop. As soon as he took out the key in the ignition, his weariness caught up to him; the motor dying down seemed to be linked to his drooping energy.
But he felt calm, and sated. The stars were gone, giving way to the brightest star of dawn peaking out, spreading rays of gold, crimson and violet across the sky.

Once again he turned to look at her. The light falling on her face didn’t wake her, and he almost didn’t have the heart to rouse her from such a tranquil sleep. Still, his fingers deftly reached out to brush away the dark, messy curls that were obscuring her face.
She stirred and slowly opened those eyes that confounded him, yet also captivated him from the moment they first met.

“Morning, Sara.”
Her sleepy smile greeted him.
“Good morning Warrick.”

He didn’t want to think about how they got to where they were; alone, on top of a canyon, miles from civilization. But looking at her he knew he just wanted to live in this moment

It's kind of vague and short, I know, but this is what came out. Anyway, I hope people will read this and not feel shy about requesting any Las Vegas pairing, and I hope the Swarrick thread girls like it. :D
Criticism, corrections, reviews, and requests (Now it's 2 Cs, and 2 Rs :p) are welcomed!

I love it :) It's so sweet and I like it that you don't really know what happened before...
I wouldn't mind if you wrote more Swarrick stuff ;)

Back