"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

I feel proud to know that I and Yay-Z :)lol:) were the inspiration for that. :) I really liked it, it had some beautiful descriptions, it was almost like a piece of poetry. You know I wouldn't mind you writing more stories with this couple, we Swarrick shippers always welcome new writers. Especially when they have your talent. To sum it up: it was great. Thanks for writing that.

Hestia said:It's kind of vague and short, I know, but this is what came out. Anyway, I hope people will read this and not feel shy about requesting any Las Vegas pairing, and I hope the Swarrick thread girls like it. :D

Oh cookie, we loved it!!!!! :) :D Thank you very much this story was awesome.

Joy: I feel proud to know that I and Yay-Z () were the inspiration for that.

This sentence kinda cracked me up!!! *wipes tears* LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alright, I cranked out this story right on time for Halloween! It's not scary, but I still hope AmandaSzmanda, and anyone else reading, likes it. Thanks for the Swarrick related reviews, I think that made me decide what ‘couple’ will be dressed alike. Check it out. ;)

Sara wasn't impressed with the lab décor - a few black and orange draped tables coupled with some crepe paper wasn’t much of a transformation - but she was still looking forward to the little party. She spotted Nick, Catherine, Hodges, David, Jacqui, Bobby, Archie, and a few others from graveyard. It wasn’t everyday they got to take a break and celebrate Halloween.
She noted Greg wasn’t there, which was unfortunate because she was sure he would have taken advantage of the costume party - even if costumes weren’t mandatory. Her sights were set on a certain entomologist. She didn’t see him at first but in the corner, a red polka dotted shape caught her eye.
No way… he wouldn’t dare…

She walked straight up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He greeted her with a friendly wave of his many ‘arms’; she was not amused.
“Why are you a lady bug? I thought we agreed to come as Tarzan and Jane.”
“We did?” Grissom gave her a confused look.
“Yeah. Last weekend. You said if you were coming to the Halloween party, you would probably dress as the king of the jungle, and I said I wouldn’t mind being your Jane.”
“Oh. I changed my mind. You didn’t sound sure about it,” he looked like one guilty ladybug, “And I thought you were joking about being Jane.”
She just looked at him in exasperation, then turned and left.

“Make way for this jungle man!”
Some catcalls and whistling caught everyone’s attention.
Warrick, cloaked in a somewhat revealing leopard skin loincloth, strode in. He looked very much like an exotic, muscled man of the jungle. Even Sara took a second look.
“Sara? Are you who I think you are?”
She let out a light, nervous laugh, “You Tarzan. Me Jane. I didn’t plan it though.”
He just shrugged and smirked at her. This was the closest thing he would get to seeing Sara in a short skirt. And it looked good.

After the CSIs and lab techs got over Warrick’s big entrance, they went back to their conversations - but not for long.
Brass rushed in, looking dismal.
“Hate to break up the party, but we got a triple downtown. Graveyard has to get there ASAP.”
Catherine and Nick started for the locker room, but Brass blocked them.
“Just get your kits and hurry.”
“What? Like this?” Catherine stared at him, while taking off her fake, Egyptian headdress.
Sara looked down at herself, not willing to believe what Brass was saying. Surely he was joking - she was wearing a fake leopard print dress and sandals!
“We can’t go like this. It’s unprofessional!”
Brass looked apologetic but tried to justify it, “We’re in Las Vegas, it’s Halloween; I don’t think you’ll stand out very much.”
“The sheriff would flip-”
“He was the one who called the emergency. You guys can change on the way. Let’s go.”

Sofia was not sure what to say when she spotted the group. She was expecting CSIs, not a cowboy, an Egyptian princess, a lady bug, and Tarzan and Jane.
“I think I’m missing something. Why are you all…?”
Grissom interrupted her, “Brass said it was urgent. We didn’t have time to change.”
“At least the crime scene is a costume party. You’ll fit in,” Sofia was trying hard to suppress her grin. She wasn’t doing a good job of it.

Sara and Warrick were paired with Sofia, and when the three were alone, she decided to address something that was in the back of her mind.
“I didn't know you were dating.”
“We’re not,” they responded at once, looking slightly self-conscious.
Sofia willed herself to concentrate on examining the scene but one look at the 'king and queen of the jungle', awkwardly hunched over the evidence, and she lost it. Sofia covered her mouth but the giggles bubbled forth and she was soon laughing out loud, attracting the annoyed glares of the crime scene analysts. She didn’t show any signs of stopping, prompting Warrick and Sara to exchange looks that said the same thing; it was going to be a long Halloween.

Anyone wish they could've seen Warrick in a loincloth? Thanks for the idea, Joy22. :lol:
If you want to request any pairings, friendship ficlets, or anything else, I will be happy to write a short story about it.
I enjoy writing, and any improvements that come from this. So, criticism, corrections, reviews, and (of course) requests (feel free to make them specific or a little unusual, just know that it will be a short fic.) are welcomed!
Thank you for reading.
Pumpkin.gif

I realize I'm late with this but it's good to see you back here, Hestia!! Your stories always manage to make me smile. :)

I have a request. I've been dying to write one myself but school is really hectic lately...

-Grissom/Heather. Takes place two years after Zoe's death, and with the help of Gil, Heather managed to find and adopt her granddaughter. Gil and Heather take the toddler trick or treating and she insists that the two adults dress up too. :D

It just seemed appropriate, considering it is Halloween and all. :lol:

Night said:
lol, Grissom as a ladybug

That one had me laughing out loud so much people started looking at me like I´m nuts!!! :lol: :lol:

How do you come up with this stuff cookie? :lol:

Thanks for sharing: It was awesome!

How about a little Sofia love? ;):D

1.)Catherine/Sofia + Gil/Lady Heather. Humor. Catherine and the gang learn that Sofia earned her way through college by working at LH's place. :devil:

2.)Gil/Sofia. An ex-boyfriend and a jealous Gil.

BTW, Crimson Gold is the ship name for Catherine and Sofia. :)

Loved your Halloween story :lol: Warrick's entrance was exactly how I pictured it would be. Good job!!!

Ok, you asked me to give suggestions to how Sara and Warrick got there. Hmmm, what if they both experienced a break-up at the same time and needed to get away from it all. Warrick is a method man, I can see him driving for miles and miles to get away from his problems.

All of your reviews flatter me! I’m glad people actually like what I come up with - some of them turn out better than others, but seeing as how I have three requests to tend to, I must be doing something right. I’m back, baby! (a little too much enthusiasm but Halloween candy can do that to a girl. :lol:)
Speaking of Halloween, here’s the Gil/Lady Heather Halloween ficlet, as requested by Catherinesmyidol. They’re dealing with a toddler on Halloween - what could be scarier?
Pumpkin.gif

It was two years after Zoe died and they were starting to feel like a real family. Zoe’s little girl looked to Heather as her mother, not knowing any other. He always hoped she would call him dad but at the moment the little girl was happy calling him Gil or Buggy. He grew rather fond of the nickname, and he was pleasantly surprised with the girl’s rapidly developing vocabulary. At three and a half she was very astute for her age. That, coupled with her angelic looks, was often a dangerous combination.

It was their first Halloween together since the adoption was finalized so they expected the little girl to be excited over getting to dress up and collect candy.
“Mommy, you’re gonna take me tricky-treating, right?”
“Of course, angel,” Heather smiled lovingly at the raven haired toddler. She was currently adjusting the fuzzy, white halo onto her head while Grissom looked for her plastic, pumpkin bucket.
“What are you gonna be?”
“Hmmm?”
“For Halloween! What are you two gonna dress up as?”
“Ummm,” she looked over to a dumbfounded Grissom, “It’s a surprise. In fact, we should get ready.”
“Yay!” She jumped up and down, before excitedly rushing downstairs.

Grissom stared at the bedroom door before stating, “I’m not dressing up.”
“She wants you to,” Heather pouted playfully.
“I don’t even own any costumes.”
“You can be a mad scientist,” she suggested.
“Very original,” he responded with a hint of sarcasm.
“It’s short notice. You make do with what you‘ve got.”
“What about you? I believe she specified that we both dress up,” he chuckled at the face Heather made.
“The closest thing I own to a costume is that leather body suit.”
“…Cat woman?”
She smirked at him, “Didn’t we play that game in bed last week?”
He gave her a sultry look, “Cat woman and her arch nemesis bug man. I remember that very well.”
“Alright, I guess I know what I’ll be.”
“So do I,” Grissom sighed.

“Hurry up!” Shannon was an impatient angel.
Heather pulled off cat woman convincingly, but she had to help Grissom complete his look.
With his lab coat, goggles, mussed hair, and smudged black eye-liner, Grissom made his entrance. Glancing at his face in the mirror, he was mortified.
“Me-ow. I’ll try and keep my paws off you,” Heather grinned encouragingly.
Grissom looked a little less embarrassed.
However, Shannon was a bit more critical, “I thought you’d be a buggy. What are you?”
“I’m a… mad scientist.”
“Why are you mad?”
He chuckled half-heartedly and tried to explain himself, “I created Frankenstein‘s monster. Remember him? From the movie we saw yesterday?”
“Oh.” she just nodded, still not very certain.

The unlikely trio: an angel, a scientist, and cat woman ventured forth and scouted all the major areas with candy. Their plan was mainly to follow other parents with costumed kids.
They covered a good twenty blocks, encountering a few odd stares or light snickering. Grissom knew exactly why.
“You know, we’re the only adults in costumes.”
“I know.”

Glad that they were finally heading home, Grissom started to remove his make-up. As they were walking, he looked down at the bright, smiling face of Shannon. Her mesh wings bouncing and wavering in the wind. She truly looked like a little angel fluttering down on earth, making him feel so happy and warm inside.
Heather’s voice broke into his thoughts, “Still wish you hadn’t done this?”
The mad scientist looked at his cat woman and his angel, “No. Not at all.”

Sugary ending? But of course. Oh, and I almost forgot that I named Heather’s granddaughter Shannon in a previous ficlet. I guess she’ll be stuck with that name in any future Grissom/Lady Heather ficlets that involve her! :lol: Oh well. Now I shall work on the Catherine/Sofia and Gil/Lady Heather ficlet. Umbrello, thanks for the new shipping suggestion - it’s one more couple under my belt! :D

Thanks for correcting me on the crimson gold reference, umbrello (I knew I was wrong! I even apologized in the Sofia/Sara thread). My sense of humor varies - sometimes it’s on target and sometimes it just misses the mark completely. :p But here’s a crimson gold ficlet, with some Tea-4-2 in it. (or is it T42...? Well, anyway, I’m talking about Grissom/Lady Heather) :)

Catherine and Sofia were wrapping up a case when they spotted a dark-haired woman asking for Grissom at the front office.
“He’s in a meeting, miss.”
“I’m Heather,” she replied easily, “I stop by all the time, remember?”
“Hey, Heather!”
She turned to face the two blondes. Catherine waved her over, and for a moment Heather could’ve sworn she recognized the other woman.
“Grissom will be out in a second.”
“Alright,” the three women sat down by the waiting area.
“So what are you up to?”
“Nothing really. Just reassessing some things, and I wanted to talk it over with Gil.”
“So you’re dating him,” Sofia spoke up.
“Oh, I forgot to introduce you to Sofia,” Catherine introduced the two women who seemed to know each other from somewhere.
“You’re a CSI?”
“No I’m-”
“Heather,” Grissom walked towards them, case files in hand. “I didn’t expect to see you here.”
“I just wanted to see you,” Heather turned to him and gave him a small hug.
“Hope I didn’t interrupt you ladies,” he chuckled.
“No. I should get going,” Sofia got up, Catherine followed suit, “And I’m a detective.” She finished answering Heather’s previous query.
“Detective?” Heather’s eyes lit up in recognition, “I thought I recognized your face - you were one of my girls early on. But you went by Sofie the cop.”
“You worked for Lady Heather?!” Catherine reacted first.

Oddly enough, Grissom was less outraged than Catherine.
“I’m sorry,” Heather realized she shouldn’t have mentioned such a private part about Sofia’s life. Especially at her work place.
“I can’t believe you worked with Heather! I always thought you were more self-respecting than that. You’re the serious one!”
“I didn’t do anything sexual. A lot of guys had a… fetish for seeing women in a cop uniform. I just dressed up and pushed them around with a club.”
“Uh huh,” Catherine’s tone was clearly skeptical.
Sofia shuffled from one foot to the other. Her own mother didn’t know about it, and now her colleagues found out, and she was getting chastised for it!
“Don’t be so upset. It was a long time ago, and I needed the money.”
“Besides, she isn’t the only one who’s done something she wasn’t proud of,” Grissom added in a ‘don’t cast the first stone’ voice.
“Oh… right,” Catherine quickly dropped the subject.
“You’re talking about when she stripped, right?”
Catherine gaped at Sofia but quickly turned to give Grissom an accusing look.
“Don’t look at me. She figured it out.”
“Well that and Greg told me,” Sofia replied.
“I’m going to kill him!”
They all rolled their eyes, and let Catherine rush off.

“Catherine was certainly concerned over her.”
Grissom merely nodded. He walked Heather outside and lingered by the parking lot, talking.
“I actually thought you’d be the one who would give the disappointed lecture.”
“Well,” he started, “being around you has taught me not to judge a person by what they’ve done in their past.”
She gave him a smile, and listened as Grissom continued, “I actually thought Catherine would understand that situation, and I’m just as surprised as you.”
“It’s because she cares about her. Knowing what she does, Catherine obviously didn’t expect to hear about this. She’s had some bad experiences, and I guess she doesn’t want the same to happen to Sofia.”
Grissom stared at her in wonder, “You gathered all that from that one conversation?”
“Yes. And I think it’s sweet.”
He stared at her for a moment.
“I observe people,” she added.
“Well, I observe people too.”
Heather looked amused, “I guess my observation skills are just a little bit better when it comes to women.”
He didn’t even try to argue with that.

Sofia found Greg in an evidence room, idly going through some pictures.
“You know, Catherine is hunting you down.”
Greg looked up at her, not expecting that particular greeting, “What? What did I do?”
“I sort of let it slip that you told me about her dancing days.”
“That was said in the strictest confidence!”
She shrugged sheepishly, “I’m a very blunt person, and I’m not that good at keeping secrets.”
They heard a loud angry clacking of heels and Sofia urged him to hide. Greg dove under the table just in time.
“You seen Greg anywhere?”
Sofia nodded no, but Catherine saw right through her.
“Alright,” she played along, “I just want to pick up where we left off earlier, now that we‘re alone. Woman to woman. See, when I was younger I-”
“He’s down there,” Sofia grimaced. She wasn’t in the mood to hear Catherine voice her disappointment and “advice”.
“Hey!” Greg exclaimed from under the table.
“I told you I couldn’t keep secrets,” Sofia got the hell out of there.

Did I hit or miss? I added the last part for some sort of humor. Sorry, the Sofia/Catherine part was not very obvious. And poor Greggo. It looks like I have a second ficlet to tend to - Grissom/Sofia!

And here's the second suggestion by umbrello. Jealous Grissom. Enjoy. ;)

“I’m primary on this one, just point me to the scene.”
Brass gestured with his thumb behind him. Grissom was ready to check out the back room when he found Sofia talking with a man. The two looked very chummy, and he didn’t think it had to do with the case.
He cleared his throat and got their attention, “Sofia. May I ask why this officer is in our crime scene?”
“Oh don’t worry. John is just giving me his statement. He says he saw everything.”

John. She knew the name of this so-called witness.
“Well, he needs to leave so I can do my job.”
“Whoa there, captain Science, I’m just giving Sofia some eye-witness testimony.”
“There’s a nice detective outside who’s also willing to take your statement. You two can chat after she’s off the clock,” Grissom gave the uniformed officer a hard look.
“Alright then. Catch up later?”
Sofia smiled and nodded before he left. Then she turned to Grissom.
He spoke first, “Who was he?”
“John? He’s just a guy from my academy days.”
“A friend?”
“Well you could say that.”
“Oh?” Grissom obviously wanted some clarification.
She heaved a sigh and decided to come clean, “He’s an ex-boyfriend. We dated for a while but really it was nothing.”
He didn’t look very happy.
“Don’t look at me like that,” she couldn’t believe he looked so upset over an ex, “We broke up and we‘re just reconnecting as old friends.”
He methodically dusted an arm chair off in a corner, and lifted a print. She thought he dropped the subject - until they were in his car.
“Was it serious?”
“What?”
“Were you two serious?”
For a second, she didn’t know what he meant, but then it came back to her.
“You can’t be serious. We dated for a few months in the academy and then broke up. I never even heard from him until today!”
Grissom didn’t say anything.
“Are you… jealous?”
He pointedly ignored that question and started the car.

“You shouldn’t be threatened by him,” she reassured him, “He was kind of immature and scatter brained; he’s not a threat at all.”
“Would you be saying this if I told you about the women I dated?”
She just shook her head in wonder and laughed.
“I never thought I’d see you act so jealous, Dr. Grissom,” she teased.
“Sofia, are you honestly saying you wouldn’t be a little…” he didn’t want to admit his envy, “….put out, if a woman came up and flirted with me?”
“Put out? Is that how you really feel?”
“Answer my question first.”
“Depends,” she cut him off before he would utter ‘I told you so’, “if you loved her.”
“If I loved her?”
“Yes. That’s the difference. I know you’ve probably been with other women beside me, and I’ve been with other men. But just know that I don’t love any of them - especially John. Actually, I don’t think I ever loved him,” she placed a hand on his. “It’s different with you. I admire you and I’m glad I’m with you.”
The scowl on his face was all but gone.
“I’m sorry about that. I overreacted,” he spoke gravelly.
“No harm done.”
“Actually,” he looked guilty, “I told Brass to run a full background check on him.”
Sofia’s eyes widened, “You’re kidding…”
“Yeah, I am,” he smirked outright, “But I probably would have when I got to the lab.”
“Gil!” She slapped his arm playfully. “What am I going to do with you?”

And that would leave one more to go. So far I'm doing okay. :) Up next, a Swarrick ficlet, courtesy of Joy22 - a prequel no less!
Remember folks, leave any criticism, corrections, reviews, and/or requests here. Thanks for reading! ^_^

Back