"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

I have an idea that came to me while re-watching Rashomama. A sandle one. Where Greg and Sara go on a data when they can't work over-time.
The date starts out as a friendly date, but then one of the says something and feelings come out.

AmandaSzmanda here is the sandles ficlet you requested. I hope you like it! :D (And this may have a slightly spoilerish in terms of Rashomama - what an episode! ^_^)

If someone had told Sara that she would be on a date with Greg after a mind-boggling, exhausting case and the cause of said date was they both happened to be maxed out on over time - well, Sara would just roll her eyes or possibly ask what that person was smoking.

Yet there she was, sitting across from him looking around at the candles and the flowers that made up the romantic atmosphere in the beautiful yet welcoming restaurant.

Greg was staring at her and she had run out of things to say.
“Are you staring at me for any particular reason?”
“You look nice in candlelight,” he answered.
Sara didn’t know whether she should thank him or tell him to relax.
“Thanks. And relax, you look like you’ve done something wrong and are about to get caught.”
“I’m actually wondering what I did right to get you to agree to come here with me.”
She picked up a napkin to keep her hands busy.
“Well, it sure wasn’t all that flirting you did with the bridesmaids,” she made sure her voice had no hint of negative emotion.
He looked mildly embarrassed, “Oh that. If it helps, they turned me down. Even after I put the old Sanders charm on them.” He attempted to flip his collar up in some suave attempt but didn’t quite pull it off.
Sara didn’t let him get away so easily, “Why did you ask me out anyway? You’re obviously preoccupied with other girls, and I know if you were more sincere and didn’t try so hard, you’d get a date in no time.”
Greg gave her a disbelieving look. He didn’t expect her to give him tips on how to get a girl.
“Well, this night is just going grand,” He had a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
“Greg, don’t give me that look. I’m here aren’t I? Even If I am a sort of second or third choice, I wouldn’t turn down a nice evening with a friend.”
Greg’s face fell. He didn’t know what to argue first, but he figured he would go in order.
“Sara, you’re not my second or third choice. I can’t believe you even think that! And if you think that I shouldn’t be going after other girls, then you should say so. But then again I’m just a friend to you, so I guess that question is answered.”

The napkin in her hand was shredded by the time he finished. She looked annoyed, but she didn’t want to ruin the evening.
“Look, we both know that we maxed out on hours and had nothing better to do. You invited me to get ‘something to eat’ you didn’t specify if it would be more than that, so before you think I’m totally crazy for asking, even though I think I’m justified, just tell me if this is a date or not.”
Greg gave her a serious look, “I guess it’s up to you. And for the record, when I hit on other girls it’s not serious. I have an ego, you know. And maybe I want a girl who likes me. As more than a friend.”
Sara was surprised with his admittance and debated if she should tell him… She was glad his flirting with other girls wasn’t serious, and it showed.
She smiled softly at him.

“Why are you smiling?”
“Because,” she grabbed another napkin. This steadied her hands. “Maybe I’m glad you asked me out. And maybe I did want this to be a date. Greg… maybe…” she shook her head and amended, “Definitely… I definitely think of you as more than a friend.”
It was his turn to smile.
“I was hoping you’d say that.” He reached over and grabbed the napkin.
“Are your hands… shaking?”
Sara gave a small laugh, “I guess I’m the one who should relax now. But I meant what I said. And I hope… you meant what you said too.”
“Sara, you’re then only girl I’d want to flirt with.”
“Wow. Is that the best you could come up with?”
Greg burst out laughing and she joined in. Sara got up and slid over to where Greg was sitting.
“Now, this is a date.”

There you go! And now is when I ask people to leave their suggestions, corrections, comments, candles, and try not to max out on overtime! ;)

Cuute! I love it :]

I got a hard one because the candle and hand shaking thing reminded me of Rent the song 'Light my Candle'
If you haven't seen Rent you can read the lyrics or go on myspace and under music search Rent and you'll find the song.
Click For Lyrics
Do a ficlet that sort of involves that song in any way you want.
Now that is a challenge.

This was indeed a challenge. Partly because I haven’t seen Rent and partly because the lyrics provided were a little confusing! :confused: It seems more like it’s being spoken and I don’t know which part is sung or which part is spoken...
In the end I’ve decided to have Greg and Sara watch the movie Rent and that’s where they hear the lyrics (real original, huh? :rolleyes:) Okay, I hope I haven’t failed you, SinCityx!

It was Greg and Sara’s first “official date“. And after much deliberating, they decided to watch a movie. The newspapers didn’t have anything interesting so they were stuck for ideas.

"I’ve always wanted to see the play Rent. I heard the movie was just as good," Sara said thoughtfully.
Greg was all for it. He wanted to see it too, but he particularly liked the part about them being alone in his apartment.
"I know that look. It’s strictly a movie at my apartment and we can eat pizza and popcorn. Nothing more than that."
Sara crushed Greg’s dreams but his spirit lifted at the mention of pizza.
"Alright!"

"Who’s that?"
"Shhh. Wait and you’ll find out. This is their musical number," Sara stared intently while Greg munched on popcorn.
"Musical number? How do you know so much about this?"
"I looked it up on the internet. Be quiet Greg, I want to hear this."

“What'd you forget?”
“Got a light?”
“I know you? You're- You're shivering.”
“It's nothing. / They turned off my heat. / And I'm just a little / Weak on my feet. Would you light my candle? / What are you staring at?”
“Nothing. / Your hair in the moonlight / You look familiar / Can you make it?”
“Just haven't eaten much today / At least the room stopped spinning. / Anyway... What?”
“Nothing. Your smile reminded me of-”
“I always remind people of -- who is she?”
“She died. Her name was April.”
“It's out again. / Sorry about your friend. / Would you light my candle?”
“Well-”
“Yeah. Ow!”
“Oh, the wax- it's-”
“Dripping! I like it- between my-”
“Fingers. I figured... Oh, well. Goodnight.”
“It blew out again?”
“No- I think that I dropped my stash.”
“I know I've seen you out and about / When I used to go out / Your candle's out.”
“I'm illin' - I had it when I walked in the door / It was pure- / Is it on the floor?”
“The floor?”
“They say I have the best ass below 14th street. Is it true?”
“What?”
“You're staring again.”
“Oh no. / I mean you do- have a nice- / I mean- You look familiar.”
“Like your dead girlfriend?”
“Only when you smile. But I'm sure I've seen you somewhere else- ”
“Do you go to the Cat Scratch Club? That's where I work - I dance - help me look.”
“Yes! They used to tie you up-”
“It's a living.”
“I didn't recognize you / Without the handcuffs.”
“We could light the candle / Oh won't you light the candle?”
“Why don't you forget that stuff / You look like you're sixteen.”
“I'm nineteen - but I'm old for my age. / I'm just born to be bad.”
“I once was born to be bad. / I used to shiver like that.”
“I have no heat - I told you.”
“I used to sweat.”
“I got a cold.”
“Uh huh, I used to be a junkie”
“But now and then I like to-”
“Uh huh.”
“Feel good.”
“Here it - um…”
“What's that?”
“It's a candy bar wrapper.”
“We could light the candle… What'd you do with my candle?”
“That was my last match.”
“Our eyes'll adjust, thank God for the moon”
“Maybe it's not the moon at all. I hear Spike Lee's shooting down the street.”
“Bah humbug ... Bah humbug.”
“Cold hands.”
“Yours too. Big. Like my father's. You wanna dance?”
“With you?”
“No- with my father.”
“I'm Roger.”
“They call me / They call me Mimi.”

Greg paused the tape much to Sara’s annoyance.
“I don’t get it.”
“They just met. He thought she looked familiar and she was being coy. The song they sang was 'Light my Candle'.”
“Okay.” He still looked a little confused. “That Mimi girl is kind of a tease.” he looked over at Sara and smiled slyly. “she reminds me of another girl I know.”
He was promptly rewarded with a pillow to the face.

Wow. I can't help but feel guilty that most of the fic consisted of the lyrics... talk about filler! :lol:
Okay, I definitely deserve criticism on this one, but I shall take it in stride. :)

Haha, its okay I liked it. The whole thing is singing it's kind of funny. Sad movie though. Anyway great job x] Next challenge.
Greg and Sara are in the grocery store and its the day where they have all the free samples.
You have to include:
"Haven't I seen you here before?"
"This deorderant smells funny, you smell."

x] I am so random, don't you like it?

I have one. Gil/Lady H (of course, :D); Heather finds herself in the hospital after a car accident. Grissom goes only to check on her and make sure she's okay, but a romance evolves from what had been a simple gesture to make sure the lady of his past wasn't too badly injured. (I hope that's okay) :D

Oh! I've been gone too long! Classes and such, but I shall definitely respond to them in order. SinCityx, your randomness constantly exercises my imagination! :D Well, here’s your sandles ficlet. I hope you enjoy. ^_^

“Is this a date?”
“Greg, for the last time, quit asking.”
Greg was trailing behind her wondering how exactly he ended up helping Sara with her grocery shopping.

He remembered earlier how she complained she was a lousy cook. He didn’t know why, but he asked her out, fully expecting a rejection or some kind of excuse. Sara smiled saying she would love to invite him to her apartment but her fridge was completely bare.
His ears perked at the words ‘love to’ and ‘her apartment’.
He took her up on her challenge and before he knew it, they drove to the grocery store looking much like a couple, even though he wasn’t sure if it was an official date.

“I didn’t know you liked shopping.” Greg walked beside.
“Well I don’t just survive on take-out. I like coming here on Fridays because they have free samples.” She smiled.
“Really?” His stomach grumbled. He looked around and spotted a woman with a tray.
“There’s my first stop!” Greg dashed over to the sample woman and checked what she was offering.
“I got some smoky cheesy dip. Try it on a cracker!” The overly perky woman offered him one and he gladly gulped it down.
Sara walked over and nudged him.
“Oh, you want one?” Greg took another cracker and offered it to Sara.
“Umm, no thanks.” She started to leave and motioned for him to follow.

“That was some good dip. I’m gonna buy some. It will make great fondue!” Greg looked excited at discovering a new food shortcut.
She ambled past the junk food aisle but had to stop when Greg strayed.
“BBQ chips… chocolate chip cookies… pork rinds…”
She left her cart and walked over to him, feeling annoyed yet amused... Greg always brought out those traits in her, but he had his endearing qualities too.
“Come on, no junk.”
“It’s not junk,” He protested, “I used to live off this stuff in college!”
She picked up a random bag and stared in disgust, “BBQ flavored pork rind chips?” She made a face and plopped it back on the counter. Then she grabbed his collar and yanked him towards the cart.
“Oh… getting rough, huh? Well I don‘t mind as long as- ow!”
She halted as she noticed the cart was missing.
“Who the hell took my cart?” She let him go and walked around hoping it hadn’t rolled away or something.
Greg looked a little guilty and tried to ease her mind, “Don’t worry, I remember exactly what you got!” He ran off looking for another cart to fill up.
Sara sighed and wandered to the dessert corner. There was always a chocolate brownie sampler there and she needed some kind of sugar fix, if only to keep up with Greg.

"Haven't I seen you here before?"
“My date lost her cart and I’m retracing my steps. I stopped here for some cheese dip on a cracker and I need one… to jog my memory.” Greg hoped the sample lady would buy it.
“Nope. One sample per customer.”
“Aww man.” Greg shuffled over to the junk food aisle and smiled slyly as he grabbed a stray basket, loading it with all his favorite snack foods.

After wandering around looking for Sara he found himself in the grooming and health care aisle. He walked over to a display of colognes and deodorants.
“Hmmm… I wonder if Sara goes for the woodsy smell or the spicy fragrance…”
“You smell fine.”
He nearly jumped out his skin when he heard her voice behind her. He dropped the basket and Sara gave him a look.
“Junk food? So that‘s where you were…”
“I got your stuff. I put the cart over…” he looked at where he left the second cart. It was gone!
“What!? Who the hell would steal a second cart?” Greg was getting frustrated.
“Don’t worry, I found my first cart. We gotta go if you want to teach me to cook.”
Greg’s eagerness returned again, “Well as long as you’re here, which deodorant do you prefer?” He opened one of them and held it up for her to smell.
"This deodorant smells funny, you smell." She pushed it towards him.
He made a face and looked at the label, “Okay… I guess the expiration date on deodorants do count…”

I ended it on a weird line... mostly because I thought it would be funnier that way. :lol: Well, now I'm off to work on Catherinesmyidol's challenge! :)

Thanks Shuriy. :D Alright, I'm sorry for the delay, but here it is: LH/G ficlet. For Catherinesmyidol and all the LH/G fans out there. Hope you like it! :)

Darkness. Nothing but darkness. And a strange humming… somewhere far away.

When she opened her eyes the darkness gave way to the harsh glare of fluorescent lights. They disoriented her and after blinking away the little white dots in her vision, she realized she was lying in a bed.
A hospital bed.
“What happened?” She tried to say. But it came out so soft and weak, she thought no one heard her. The humming stopped. Someone did hear her.

“Heather? Are you alright?”
The voice was familiar, but how the circumstances were not.
“Gil Grissom.” She turned around, feeling a pain in her neck and focused on the worried scientist standing to her right.
“What happened? Why am I in the hospital?”
“You we in a car accident. My CSIs arrived to inspect the scene. Someone side swiped you, and you’re lucky to be alive…”
Her eyes widened as she grasped what he told her.
“The other driver is-”
“Dead.” He nodded solemnly. He looked hesitant but put his hand near her arm. She noticed an IV drip hooked up to it.
“I need to ask you some questions. About what you saw.”
She immediately closed her eyes. So that’s why he visited her. He was here as a CSI, ready to write down her side of the story. Why should she be surprised?
“Oh. I understand. But I’m not feeling very talkative,” She turned her head, “Come back in an hour. Or you can send whoever else is available - if you’re too busy.”
Grissom frowned as he realized what she was implying. But she wasn’t all wrong.
“Alright. Take care.”

She fell in and out of sleep, occasionally tossing and turning. Bits and pieces of the accident came back to her. She remembered she was driving, but not the location. There was a loud flash and some screeching. She recalled seeing a flash of red. Whether it was from the other car or her own blood, she did not know.
She finally woke up, looking around at the dim, hospital room. She grabbed a nearby cup of water and drank it, to steady her nerves.
She got up slowly, feeling pain in every step. She was close to the door…

And when it opened she nearly screamed.
“Heather, are you alright?”
“You’re back.” She whispered.
Grissom rushed over to keep her from collapsing.
“What are you doing out of bed?”
“I’m not comfortable here. I want to leave.” She said simply.
He slowly carried her back to her bed. She offered no resistance.
“If you want my statement, I guess now is as good a time as any.” She informed him in a cold tone.
“Actually, there was a traffic camera that caught everything. I don’t really need your account.”
She stared at him with unbelieving eyes.
“Then, why are you here?”
He looked around nervously, “I just wanted to make sure you were okay.”
In the darkness of her room she seemed to smile at him.

~~~~~~~~~
“Some fractured ribs, a broken leg and a bruised neck… you call that lucky?”
Grissom was driving Lady Heather back home, glad that she trusted him enough to let him take care of her.
“Your car was banged up. You could’ve suffered permanent spinal or cranial damage. So yes, I do think you’re lucky,” he responded calmly.
Lady Heather got out of the car when he reached her house. She was adamant about using her crutches - by herself.
“Be careful,” He was by her side in a flash, holding her side to steady her.
“I’ll be fine.” She tried in vain to hobble over to her entrance. She didn’t get very far.
Grissom smiled apologetically and wrapped an arm around her waist.
“Lean on me. I’ve got you.”
She looked over at him, noting his little double entendre.
“Will you always be here? For me?”
He helped her to her door, placing her on a sofa. After he closed the door carefully he walked over and sat beside her.
“I will always be here to help you. I don’t want to lose you again.”
She gazed at him, a small spark ignited in her heart. She leaned over and placed her hand on his cheek. He put a hand on hers and his eyes promised her a new life.
With him.

Alright! Now I'm free to work on two other private challenges. I will also be posting a Yobling ficlet that I previously PM'd someone. Thanks for your kind words! I'll be back soon! ;)

woohoo!! awesome!! you know i love it :D if it's allright with you i'll post it on my blog too?? you're such a good writer!!!!! :)

Back