"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

Alright, I have overlooked this Yobling request and just posted to it. Sandles21 requested a ficlet where Warrick leaves Tina because he loves Catherine ^_^
I hope you guys like it! :)

He strode down the hallway with a serious, almost somber look. Everyone saw him but didn’t dare ask what was wrong.
Besides, rumor was he went through a messy divorce after his wife cheated on him.

After getting paired up with him, Nick braved the imminent glare he was sure he would get…
“Hey Warrick. Why are you so down?”
Warrick was examining a blood pattern under a microscope. He turned off the microscope, knowing this would not be a brief discussion.
“Personal problems.” That was his quick response.
Nick was quiet for a few seconds before plowing ahead, “You want to talk about it?
“Here? Now?” Warrick looked at Nick as if he were crazy.
Nick smiled and half nodded - half shrugged..
“Might as well.”
Warrick leaned on the counter, looking around before spilling his story.
“I caught Tina with another guy. I ended it right after that.”
“Ouch. I’m sorry man.” Nick awkwardly patted him on the back.
“Don’t be man,” He shrugged off the hand. “I should’ve known better than to marry someone after knowing ‘em for a month. It was not one of my better ideas.”
“It’s okay… so you’re not just a little hurt?” Nick still thought his buddy was in denial.
Warrick actually gave a short laugh, “Actually, I’ve been looking for an out ever since the honey moon. Our marriage was not very deep… and I was kinds of interested in someone else.”
He seemed less gloomy.
“But at least I had the decency not to cheat while we were married,” he sighed.
“Really,” Nick looked interested, “Do I know this other woman?”
“As a matter of fact-”
“Hey guys. How are you doing on the blood sample?”

Catherine walked in and Warrick immediately shut up. Nick was quick to notice his friend’s reaction.
“Oh, not yet. We were kind of having a discussion.” Nick replied innocently.
“Really. About what?” She was not completely amused, but not necessarily angry.
“Well…” Nick drawled.
Warrick shot him a fierce look.
“Sorry Cath. I was feeling a little down and Nicky here wanted to talk it out. I’m almost done with the sample.”
Now Catherine was intrigued.
“Oh yeah. You did look a little low today… you feeling better?”
“Yeah.” He answered quickly.
Nick covered up his grin.
Catherine looked at Warrick, then Nick, then back to Warrick. She knew they were leaving something out but she couldn’t pinpoint it.
“Alright guys… call me when you got something.”
She left the room, glancing back once more.

“What was that about?” Nick exclaimed as soon as she was out of sight.
“Nothing. Just drop it,” he sighed.
“I think I know who you like.”
“You don’t know anything,” he grumbled.
“I think I do.” Nick looked sure of himself. “And just so you know, Catherine has been sweet on you too.” He let out a laugh at Warrick’s surprise.
“…Was I that obvious?”
“I think the only one who didn’t know about it was Tina. And possible Catherine.”
Warrick smiled lightly before agreeing.
“Yeah… I have feelings for her. And she was always on my mind even when I was with Tina. But she’s over me. She probably thinks I’m a jerk for marrying a complete stranger.”
“You should be telling this to a certain someone,” Nick rolled his eyes.
“No. I just can’t,” He immediately gave him a look, “And you can’t either. Promise. Don’t tell anyone about this.”
Nick sighed but agreed.

The two men didn’t realize the woman, the very subject of their conversation, was standing by the door the entire time…

After I work on another sandles request, I might be writing a sequel to the Yobling ficlet... :D
Don't forget to put your comments, suggestions, corrections, wedding rings, and other things right here! ;)

Okay, before I do the Yobling sequel, I had this little suggestion over in the sandles thread. So I figured I would tackle that first. Hope no one minds. :)
I’ll even use the actual lines that Silhouette suggested. Yes, this is for your Silhouette! You’re so sandles positive - even when I lean towards another Sara ship, (whether it’s snickers, “checkmate”, or even good old- fashioned GSR) I read your posts and it always brings me back!
Oh, and I decided to incorporate Greg’s birthday.
Thumbsup.gif

It had been one hell of a birthday.

Everyone had acknowledged his special day in one way or another - everyone except Sara. She was the one who remembered before, but now, as the two of them skulked around in an old, abandoned building, it seemed like his birthday was the last thing on her mind. Greg was not just sad she forgot, he was nervous as they were walking around in the creepy structure. It was ready to fall apart!

“So… any plans today?” Sara’s voice caught him by surprise.
“Why?” Greg looked suspicious.
“I don’t know. You look like you could use a nice night out. You look a little upset.”
“You forgot.” He accused.
“Forgot what?” Sara looked a little surprised.
“My birthday today. Everyone remembered except for you.”
Sara’s surprise turned into a slow smile.
“Oh. I guess I didn’t get around to tell you… actually, I was wondering if you wanted to do something after shift. I’ll pay, birthday boy.”
Greg blinked a few times. “Okay… sure.”
Sara looked around an sighed. “We got nothing. I’m calling Brass.”
She told him they were ready to leave, “We’ll be coming out soon. We’re in the basement.”
Greg’s heart dropped as he heard the captain’s frantic voice, “What!? Basement…. Out. ….Sara! Grab Greg… out…”
They weren’t getting good reception in the basement.
Greg looked over at her, “I think he wants us to get out.”
“Why did he sound so-”
A loud creak interrupted Sara, and they looked up in shock as they realized the roof was caving in.
Greg looked around trying to find the door. It was already blocked and there were no windows. Debris was falling everywhere.
“This whole place is about to collapse!” Sara walked a few steps over… and that’s when he looked up. Greg spotted a large fluorescent light fixture about to fall on her. He didn’t know what to do, so he just reacted. He shoved her out of the way.
“Watch out Sara!”
She turned and watched as the glass and metal made contact with his face. He fell over like a rag doll, bleeding on the gray bricks and stone.

She started to shake as she radioed for help.
“Somebody call an ambulance!”
Brass assured her that they were trying to dig through. She kneeled by Greg’s side, not caring about the glass and rocks that were cutting through her clothes and hands.
She grabbed Greg’s hand, hoping for some kind or response.
“Hold on Greg…” She could barely see a hint of outside light as a small opening was cleared.
His eyes opened slowly and his hand flew to his head wound. He saw the blood and looked up at Sara.
“Am I gonna die?” he nearly choked on his words
She felt the tears flowing. She didn‘t want to cry in front of him. She had to be strong.
“No, no. No, you'll be okay... Everything’s gonna be fine.” She did her best to comfort him and herself.
“I see some white lights…” he spoke softly. His voice was so thin.
It was too much to bear. She let the tears fall free as she broke down into sobs. She wrapped her arms around him, fearful it might be the last time he felt her warm embrace. “Don't you dare die on me! Not when I've just realized how much I love you…”
She said it. The words had tumbled out like a fountain and the only thing she regretted was not saying it sooner.

It seemed like forever before the paramedics made their way through the debris.
They had to physically pry her hands from him before he could be rushed to the hospital. She just sat there for a while before realizing she was covered in blood. His blood and her own. A paramedic grabbed her hand and loaded her into a second ambulance. She closed her eyes, hoping Greg would be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I need an Advil or something.”
Sara walked in, with bandaged hands. She handed him a glass of water and two aspirins.
“I’m sorry you had a lousy birthday. How you doing?”
Greg sighed softly and looked over at her, “You’re still thinking about my birthday? That was about a week and a half ago.”
“Well, after what happened, I’m probably never going to forget it.” A small tear formed in her eye but she wiped it away.
“I never got to thank you Greg. I never got to tell you… how I felt about you.” She cleared her throat and sat on the floor by her sofa. “I didn’t want to lose you… I care about you, too much to let that happen.”
He smiled softly and put a hand behind his head, wincing slightly at the pain.
“Sara, I hope these new feelings aren’t because I was all heroic. Because if I have to be a superhero to be your boyfriend, you’ll have to buy the tights and cape.” He gave a small laugh before stopping from the small headache.
She wrapped her arms around him as carefully as she could and leaned against him as she was lulled to sleep by the soft beating of his heart.
“I care about you too Sara,” he whispered as soon as she dozed off.

Well, it took a while, but there ya go! Leave all comments, suggestions and other feedback right here. I appreciate everything! Now I have to work on that Yobling sequel... :D

....... (<---this is me being speechless :D)

I loved it!!! Awww you use the actual lines... Heh I'm so touched haha... But this is EVEN BETTER :) Thanks for writing it. :)
Jeez I'm such a sucker for hurt-worry or hurt-caring fics (whatever that is...) :D I like it that you sort of 'blend' it into Greg birthday fic... His bday is May 5, I was hoping someone would write one... so that's nice :)

Another ficlet suggestion from me. :D

It's Heather's birthday and Gil surprises her. He shows up at the dominion with a cake, a present and a promise. (I'm such a sucker for light-hearted G/LH fics. Can't you tell? :D)

Sandles21, (as well as other Yoblingers who may read this) the Warrick/Catherine sequel is up and running. I'm so glad you guys were so patient with me! I am so slow lately! :lol:

She was sitting on the stool, quietly looking over some pictures. She didn’t say a thing when Warrick entered. It had been a week since she overheard his little “confession.” He divorced Tina and admitted that he had feelings for Catherine…
She didn’t know what to do.
Every day she debated confronting him, or telling him that she loved him. At least she dropped a hint or two… but he didn’t seem to notice.

“Catherine, you got something?”
She raised her head and looked at him, momentarily distracted. He was looking good today…
“Huh?” She looked down at the photo she was holding in her hand. The same one she had for the last twenty minutes.
“I don’t know, you tell me,” she answered.
He walked over and took a seat next to her. He looked at it from over her shoulder. She almost shivered at the intimate contact.
“See, I think the blood pattern is a little off in this photo.” She sounded so professional, though she was feeling far from 'professional'.
“Hmm, yeah I can see that.” His breath was tickling her right ear and she shifted slightly.
“You okay?”
How did he notice that?
“Sure. So… we should tell Grissom about this.” She got up and walked out the door. As she left she could swear he had an almost disappointed look on his face.

“So he moved the body after he knocked her out? How did we not see that?”
Grissom reviewed the case file and looked up at Catherine. She had a far off look in her eye, and he noticed she was looking like that quite often lately…
“Catherine. Are you daydreaming?”
She snapped out of her thoughts. “What? No. Of course not. We got the guy. Ask him why he moved the body,” she was flustered and he could tell.
“Can I go now?”
Grissom peered at her from over his glasses. “Alright. Have a good night.”
“Thanks. Good night.”
She left hurriedly, looking over her shoulder, and trying not to look so guilty.
Catherine thought she was home free, but didn’t watch where she was going - she bumped straight into the man who was occupying her thoughts.
“Warrick! Oh, I’m sorry.” She managed to knock down some papers in his hand and she bent over to pick them up.
“It’s okay. Are you in a hurry?”
She handed the papers to him and tucked a stray hair behind her ear.
“No, why?”
“I wanted to ask you something…” Warrick looked like he was trying work up the nerve to ask his question.
Catherine’s mind went into overdrive as she theorized what he might want to ask.
‘He’s going to do it… after all the hints I dropped, after all the looks we shared. After all those nerve wracking days… he’s going to tell me how he really feels!’
“Can you help me and Nick out with something? It’s for a case.”
Her face fell. And she did nothing to mask it.
“That’s what you wanted to ask?”
“Unless you’re busy. I could ask Sara…”
“No,” she sighed, “I’ll help. What do you need me to do?”

He led her to the garage, where Nick was waiting. It was a little darker than usual, so she squinted as she looked around.
“Why is it so dark in here?”
“A bulb busted, we got a weaker one. I need you test a theory for me,” He led her to a table with two chairs. She looked at the two guys, wondering if she had to help re-create a crime scene.
“Well, we need you to sit down with your head down.”
She looked skeptical. But she obliged and sat down.
“What is this for?” Her voice was muffled as she rested her head in her arms.
“Tell us if you can hear anyone behind you... footesteps, whatever.” Nick spoke in a low voice.
Catherine sighed and waited. She didn’t hear anything. At least, nothing that sounded like footsteps behind her. She strained her ears to listen - were they whispering?
“I’m lifting my head up guys, I didn’t hear anyone sneak up on me. If your vic was caught by surprise-”
She stopped mid sentence as she saw Warrick sitting in front of her holding a small bear. He placed in in front of her - there was a small card in the teddy bear’s paws.
She read the card, written in his neat handwriting:

‘You are the woman of my dreams, will you go out with me?’

She looked at him and back at Nick. She burst into a huge smile and got up to wrap her arms around him.
“Told you she wouldn’t say no,” Nick said softly, as his buddy embraced Catherine - grinning the whole time.

Was it worth the wait? I hope so! :) Not a kiss, but the two are going out! Looking good...
Alright, looks like I got a new request. A LH/G ficlet! Time to get started.
As usual, any comments, suggestion, and feedback in general would be greatly appreciated! ;)

OMG that's so cute! You should do a sequel to that one too lol They are such cute stories!

Catherinesmyidol I've finally got your Lady Heather/Grissom ficlet up. :)
Grissom with a cake? Check. Grissom with a present? Check. Grissom with a promise? Oh you can bet on that! ;) I liked working on the lighthearted-ness... hope you like it!

She didn’t know how he knew.
It never came up in conversation, she never told him or even dropped any hints. As far as she knew, he didn’t have access to any of her “personal papers”. At least, she hoped not. He didn’t have to do much investigating to find out this little piece of information, but would it have killed him to let her know before he went to such trouble?
How did Gil Grissom know it was her birthday?

“I guess it’s suffice to say you were surprised.”
Grissom smiled as Heather walked into her ‘dominion.’ She had toned down the business quite a bit and spent a lot of time at Grissom’s house. She practically lived there, and he didn’t mind their evenings together.

“Yes. I’m very surprised…” She made a face at the overly done pink cake.
“You know, I’m a diabetic.”
“It’s sugar free. I made sure of that.” He smiled at her, nervousness showing.

She looked around at the large house. He was holding the pink confection and she could see a small pox with a box on the table. She was not as excited about her birthday as she was, but she figured it was the thought that counted, right?
“Thank you very much. I appreciate all this.” She strode over to take the birthday cake and set it on the table.
“How did you know today was my birthday?”
His eyes darted to a picture. And he cleared his throat.
“I… looked around.”
She turned to see the picture. It was her and Zoe smiling at her high school graduation. They were both beaming in the photograph and she remembered that she got the picture as a birthday present when she lost her other copy.
“I hope you’re not…”
“I’m fine,” She replied with ease. “Birthdays are always… a little less stimulating as the years pass by.”
Grissom reached over and ran his hand through her hair.
“Well, I want you to know that I’ll do my best to bring some happiness and ‘stimulation’ into your life.”
She gave him an intriguing smile, “You already do.”

He stepped back and walked over to the table.
“I got you something.”
“You didn’t have to…” She tried to protest but he held up his hand.
“Open it.”
He gave her the wrapped gift. It was about the size of a shoe box, though a little more square. She was tempted to shake it, but decided to hold her anticipation.
She meticulously peeled off the wrapping paper, folding it and putting it on the table in front of her.
There was a smaller box inside. She looked up at him. What was he up to?
After upon opening the second box she found a third and fourth box, getting smaller and smaller. Just as she was about to ask him what was going on, she opened the last box and found a key.
“What…?” She seemed to recognize it.
“It’s a key to my house. I want you to come live with me, Heather.”
She looked up at him. Not sure what to say.
“You spend a lot of time at my house, and it’s been a wonderful year. When you’re with me, I feel happy and whole. I can’t bear it when you leave… what do you say? Will you consider living with me? Being with?”
“You want a serious commitment?” She asked softly, fingering the small, silver key.
“Yes. I need you in my life, and If I had the ring, I would get down on my knees…” He seemed to implore her. She was close to crying, but she took a deep breath.
“Gil Grissom, I would love to move in with you. This is the best present I could ever ask for.”
He practically jumped up as he grabbed her in an embrace, twirling her around.
She laughed as she squeezed him tightly.
“I just need to put someone in charge of the dominion, and I can move in tonight.”
“So soon? Do you have everything packed? Do you have what you need?” Grissom let her down, but still kept his arms around her.
She leaned into him, whispering, “You’re all I need,” before capturing the moment of pure joy in a kiss.

Awww, that last line was much more sugary than the cake! Did you catch that part about her having diabetes? I actually remembered it from Lady Heather's Box! :eek: And I usually have a bad memory about these things! Alright, so looks like I'm fresh out of suggestions. Well, leave all comments, feedback, and (of course) suggestions right here! :D
I'll give you cake if you do... but it's sugar free! :p

Aww... okay give me a minute because I'm just speechless.

Okay, that was completely perfect! You're extremely talented. That has to be my favorite G/LH story ever ! Sorry if this comment is lacking; Like I said, I'm just speechless! But it's very nicely written and I couldn't think of a more perfect birthday gift for Heather. :D

Back