"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

Omg I love these stories!! Okay I have a challenge

Make it Sandle, Yo!Bling, and G/LH combined somehow
It has to include a line that has the words "frog" and "pie"
[what?? -- yeah I know I'm extremely random]
And it has to refer to the Notebook

I can't say this will be hard,cause you've proved you can right anything!!

Here is a really random one. No ships nessicary (Thought you could have Nick calm her down), just make one where Cath explodes at a robber becuase he steals Blockbuster movies from mailboxes, and she is the lastest victim.

I have no idea where that came from, might be because I have no life.

Thanks hollie! New challenge and reviewers are always welcome! :) Alright, let’s see if I can fit three couples into a short story! Hope you like it, and randomness is fine by me! It makes things interesting... :lol:

It was the end of the shift and Sara was about ready to leave. Catherine caught up with her and she could tell that Catherine had something on her mind.
As it tunred out, Catherine had recently found out that Sara and Greg were 'dating', and she immediately tried to get them to join her and Warrick on a double date.

Sara just stared at her, fumbling for an excuse.
“Well, we’ve just gone out a few times, and I’m not sure Greg would be comfortable doing the 'double date' thing.”
“Speak of the devil...” Catherine pointed behind her. Greg walked by and caught the last words.
“Double date?”
“Yes,” Catherine turned to face Greg, “Warrick and I have been together for a while-”
“That was pretty obvious,” Greg pointed out.
“Anyway, I figured that we should do something fun. We never go out as a group, so I think it would be just great to go on a double date.”
Greg thought about it for a second, “Sure. Sounds fun.”
“What!?” Sara whirled around to face Greg.
“Great. It’s settled. I’ll call with details. See you Sara.”
After Catherine left, Sara glared at the innocent lab tech.
“Why did you agree?”
“It sounded like fun… I’ve never been on a double date.”
Sara sighed, “Fine. But just so you know, if we weren't going on the double date, and we were alone, I was going to wear that little black dress you liked.”
She left with a smirk, leaving a sputtering Greg.
“Awww man!”

They met the blonde at the park, Sara dressed comfortably in jeans and a blouse and Greg kept muttering something about a black dress.
“Hey, glad you could join us on a picnic.”
“Where’s Warrick?” Greg settled down on a bench.
“He’s bringing the food. He was as about as ecstatic as you look Greg.” She smiled lightly at the two. Catherine pulled out a small notebook.
“What’s with the book?” Greg questioned.
“I’ve been using it to record my memories and thoughts. Lindsey suggested it and this sort of helps me relax.”
“Okay...” Sara just nodded politely.

The group made their way to a picnic table by the lake. After a few minutes Warrick joined them.
“Hey Cath,” He set down the picnic basket and leaned down to kiss her.
“What’s to eat?” Greg started to reach for the food, but Sara nudged him hard.
“Well, I made some sandwiches and salad. Oh, and we bought some chips and iced tea.”
“I’ll just take the salad and chips.” Sara was determined to enjoy herself.

After everyone helped themselves, they sat back and talked about a few things ranging from work, movies, books, favorite hobbies and even relationships.
Sara was actually having a nice time and Greg was having a heated discussion with Warrick about chess of all things.
“I could whoop you so bad...”
“I doubt it. I was chess champ growing up!”
Catherine broke up the adorably geeky display of machismo and pointed at something in the lake.
“Tell me I’m not seeing things.”
They all turned to look.
It was no illusion caused by the sun - Gil Grissom was in a row boat with Lady Heather.

“Hey look over there. Aren’t they your co-workers?”
Grissom turned to see Catherine, Warrick, Greg, and Sara waving at them.
“What the-?”
Heather smiled and just waved back. Grissom seemed a little nervous and managed to knock over a special something that she had taken the time to bake.
“You just knocked over the pie I made...”
He looked down sheepishly, then apologized, “I was caught by surprise. Sorry, Heather.”
She smiled, “It’s okay. It probably wouldn’t have been very good. I can’t bake to save my life.”
He put renewed vigor into rowing them to the other side where they could have some time alone.

“Well, that must’ve been one of the weirder things I’ve seen around here,” Catherine sounded amused.
“What about that frog sitting on that pie?” Sara tried to stifle her laughter as she pointed to a little grey frog that was using the confection as a floatation device.
“Maybe he thinks it’s a lily pad?”
Sara looked at Greg and burst out laughing.
“Yeah… this is going into the notebook!”

I wasn’t sure what you wanted “the notebook” to be, so I just made up Catherine’s notebook. ^_^ I hope you liked it, even though I tried to concentrated more on Sandles and Yobling. Now I shall work on AmandaSzmanda’s intriguing challenge.

Cool fic. Mis nick do.
I want of snicker and YoBling please.
Maybe when they help each oder to now about there feelings.
hehe!

I feel like from now on, people will give me very random requests! :lol: But it won’t faze me. As long as I have time and imagination, I shall tackle these requests. Alright AmandaSzmanda I opted for no pairings. It is a rare break that I don’t mind.
I hope you like it.

It was just plain weird.
Lindsey had reported their Blockbuster movie missing for the third time in three months.
“Again? I don’t get it. Who would just steal a movie or two?”
It was always the same, just the videos get taken, not the mail or anything of remote value. Catherine would have called the cops if she wasn’t so hell bent on catching the person herself.

“Okay, you got the camera?”
“Yeah,” her daughter looked skeptical. “Are you sure this is going to work?”
Catherine just gave her daughter a look, “Yes. We’re gonna catch this guy with our surveillance video. Archie taught me how to hook it up.”
She walked outside and hooked up the camera. Hopefully, the videos would be arriving soon and if the guy struck again, she would catch him!

“He takes your videos? Why?”
“If I knew, I wouldn’t need to hook up a security camera.”
Sara just smiled at Catherine’s odd predicament.
“Well, I have some time. I’m going to check the footage.”
Catherine scurried home, eager to see if the Blockbuster thief had struck again.

“Who the hell wears a ski mask when they’re stealing mail!?”
The figure on the tape had opened her mail box and taken the videos. It was just too bad that the kook wore a ski mask. Now she had no idea who it could be… but maybe her neighbor saw him!
She walked next door and woke up her elderly neighbor.
“Hi, I know this might sound a little crazy, but did you see someone in a black ski mask stealing something out of my mailbox?”
“Blockbuster videos?”
“Yes,” Catherine was surprised the woman knew, “How did you-?”
“That guys has taken some of my videos… and I think he struck a few houses down.”
“Damnit. That sneaky little…”
“Tell me about it,” the old woman sighed. “I’m never going to get to see Steel Magnolias!”
Catherine smiled and thanked her, making her way back home.

“What’s this?”
The trained investigator in her spotted a small black glove by the bushes. She walked along her house, and that’s when she saw the shadowy figure.
The blockbuster burglar was still there!

“Hey! Stop right there, you nut-job!”
She ran towards the guy, tackling him to thr ground like a line backer.
“Owww…”
She pulled of his mask to reveal -
“Old man Jenkins?”
“Yeah…”
“What the freak!? Why the hell did you steal my Block buster movies!?”
He looked around, “Oh… they were yours?”
She took off her earrings and next came her heels, it was a sure sign some fists were gonna fly.
“You’re damn right! They were in my mail box, you creep! What are you some kind of stalker that likes to get his kicks out of taking some mail. You think that if it’s not something important like a bill or a magazine subscription, it wouldn’t matter? Well did you think of the late fees!? Did you!?”
Old man Jenkins burst into tears.
“I just wanted some free movies!”

A black Denali pulled up in front of her porch.
“Catherine, why are you at home in the middle of break? And… why are you harassing an old man in a ski mask?” Grissom called out as he got out of the car.
“This ‘old man’ has been stealing movies from me and other neighbors!”
“Calm down Catherine…”
“No! He was so close to my house… and I didn’t get to see Titanic!”
“Yeah… it’s a classic. Tough that Leonardo dies in the end.”
“WHAT!? Thanks for ruining it for me!”

Old man Jenkins snuck away with his Blockbuster haul, and Grissom just sighed and promised to give Catherine his whole catalogue of entomology videos.
“Yeah, I’ll pass.”

This was so random... my attempt at humor is a little odd. :lol: I guess I'll be working on a Snicker and Yobling fic, suggested by maricejayo.
Every new person who comes and suggests makes me gleeful! :)

Loverly. Okay, here is a new one. (I love your writtings, but I am going to stump you one of these days, well at least for a little bit, but then you'll probably think of something.)
How about one were Greg (and he is still a dorky goofball, unlike now-a-days) is telling a young daughter of a suspect that he is taking care of, that giant jellybeans will take over the world one day and she actually believes him. She goes and hides and Greg gets yelled at and blamed, then they find out that the girl was with Cath. J/K (Though you could do that, I just have way to much free time on my hands to think of that).
No the real challenge is...a moose somehow finds its way into Vegas (Hey, stranger things have been known to happen) and the moose breaks into a building, the CSIs have to investigate. They relieze that is was just a moose that broke down the door and trashed the place looking for food. (I told you I am trying to stump you, this maybe a little far-fetched, but I spend to much time thinking of weird scenerios to let that one go to waste. Truth be told, you don't have to do either of them, but if you don't I will come back, with VENGANCE *Evil laughter and dissappers into a cloud of smoke* (Way to hyper for my own good))

Alright, maricejayo, I know it took a while to write this, but I was working on a new project and I was caught off guard by the season finale! :lol:
I hope you like the request response for a Snicker and YoBling ficlet! ^_~

It was the end of shift, and Catherine walked in to the break room to find a very despondent Nick.
“What’s got you down, Nicky?”
He looked up and heaved a melancholy sigh.
“I have feelings for this girl… and I don’t think she likes me back.”
Catherine gave him a sympathetic smile, but it was kind of funny.
“High school much?”
Nick glared at her.
“It’s not funny. I have feelings for her, but she’s hung up on another guy. I don’t think she’ll ever return my feelings...”
“Nick,” Catherine sat beside him, “I know how you feel. These things happen, but the best you can do is be her friend and hope she likes you for who you are.”
Nick shook his head. “So I have to be happy just being friends?”
“That’s what I do.”
Nick thought about what she said.
“You said you knew how I felt… do you have a feelings for a guy?”
Catherine blushed and started to get up.
“Uhhh, I didn’t say that.”
“Come on! Tell me,” Nick got up and tried to get the answer out of her.
“Come on… I’ll tell you who I like.”
She put a hand on her head and be reluctantly whispered, “Warrick.”
“You have feelings for Warrick!?”
“SSHHHH!!!” Catherine hissed and covered her mouth., “I told you, now you tell me!”
Nick smiled in an agreeable manner, “Well I did promise. I… have feelings for Sara.”
Catherine broke into a huge grin.
“No!”
“Yeah… but she’s after Grissom…”
Catherine laughed lightly.
“I have to go… I’ll be back!”
Nick grew confused and worried, “What? Why? Are you going to tell her!?”

Catherine already ran off.

She found who she was looking for in the garage.
“Sara! Good, you didn’t leave yet!”
Sara finished some work on a car and turned to look at a tired, but smiling Catherine.
“Catherine, what’s up?
“Remember that conversation we had earlier? About a certain guy you’ve had your eye on?”
Sara’s eyes widened and she rushed over to Catherine, “Not so loud!”
“No, it’s okay! I just spoke to Nick - he feels the same way!”
Sara’s mouth hung open as she realized what Catherine said.
“…Are you sure?”
“He told me himself!”
Sara closed her mouth and slowly broke into a smile. She rushed off, looking for the Texan she harbored feelings for.

“You look pretty happy,” Warrick met up with Catherine in the locker room.
“I just played cupid. Nick and Sara. What do you think?”
Warrick looked rather impressed.
“Wow. It’s funny because I spoke with Nick a while ago. And he told me something very interesting...”
That caught Catherine’s attention.
“Interesting?” Her voice cracked slightly. Nick wouldn’t have told… but then again, she told his secret to Sara.

“Cath, you want to get something to eat later?”
She let out a small squeak, “You... want to go out? With me?”
Warrick grinned in that irresistible grin that turned her insides into mush.
“Yeah. I do. Shall we go?”
“Hell yes!” Catherine grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the locker room.

Yeah... that’s what I got. :p Well, I have one last request to do, a completely bizarre ficlet that threatens to test my creativity! But I shall prevail, AmandaSzmanda! :D Stay tuned…
Leave all comments, feedback, and suggestions right here! Thanks for all your kind words everyone.

(Sandles21, oddly enough, I got a similar request via PM but instead of sandles, it was snickers! :lol:)

Okay, so I tackled the request by AmandaSzmanda, and not only will I do both scenarios - I shall COMBINE them into one RANDOM ficlet! Ha! Let’s take a look at what I have gotten myself into… :D

It had been an odd circumstance. The distraught woman brought her little girl over, claiming someone was trying to kidnap her. After they calmed her down, with the aid of Brass, she pleaded that they look after the girl until she got back from work.
Since the woman was a good friend of the sheriff’s the CSIs reluctantly agreed. They did rock - paper - scissors to see who would watch the girl.
Greg lost.

“And then, Santa took me on his sleigh to meet the tooth fairy! And the Easter bunny gave my mom free chocolate eggs because I was a good girl!”
“Uh huh…” Greg sighed. So much for trying to keep her quite with jelly beans.
“I want more!”
“What? More jelly beans?” Greg looked at the nearly empty one-pound bag that the girl managed to polish off. “No. You’re hyper.” He stuffed the bag in his pocket.
She looked ready to throw a tantrum. He did not want to deal with a kicking and screaming five year old.
“Errr… you don’t want these!”
“Yes I do!” She screamed.
“No… because they’re gonna come get you!” Greg said ominously.
“Huh? What do you mean?” She looked up at him innocently.
“Giant jellybeans are going to take over the world, and you just ate their babies!”
She burst out screaming and ran off.
“Oops. That’s not good.” Greg slapped his forehead in disbelief, he didn’t mean to scare the little girl. He just wanted to keep her quiet and perhaps have some fun.
“Come out Amanda. I’m sorry I scared you…”

She was no where to be found. Now he was getting worried.
“Something wrong Greg?”
He yelped, practically jumping a foot in the air. Greg turned around, facing a confused and annoyed Grissom.
“Where’s the little girl?”
Damn. Grissom noticed.
“We’re… playing hide and seek?”
Grissom stared at him for a moment. The young lab tech was lying and Grissom could tell.
“Greg…”
“She freaked out over some jelly beans and I lost her!” He blurted out.
“You what!?”
“I’m sorry!” Greg through himself on his boss and hoped he wouldn’t get fired or worse - thrown into Ecklie’s office.

“Grissom, we’ve got a problem,” Warrick ran up to the two, unaware at the predicament.
“Not now Warrick-”
“We got a break in at the building where the woman works.”
Grissom frowned, “Could be whoever threatened to take the girl…”
“Yeah.”
“We’ll talk about this later Greg. Just find the girl!”
“What?” Warrick was confused, “Find the girl? Not the girl under Greg’s care, right?”
“Let’s go,” Grissom growled, rushing off to the probably crime scene.

“Well the place is trashed but nothing was taken,” Sara informed the two when they got to the large corporate building.
“Any prints or fibers found a the point of entry?”
“See that’s the weird thing,” Sara held out a bag, “It was like something large came barreling in. No prints or cloth fibers.”
“Could’ve been a vehicle,” Warrick mused.
“No tire tracks. Actually, I found some blood. It’s not human.”
Warrick and Grissom gave her an odd look.
They had their work cut out for them.

“…You had one job, Sanders! Look after the kid until the mother or child services came! And what do you do!? You scare her off and lose the kid!”
Ecklie was yelling so loud, Greg was afraid he’d burst a blood vessel or something.
“I’m sorry. Honestly, who would be afraid of giant jelly beans?”
“That’s not the point!”
“You could just eat them or melt them. They’re made of sugar!” Greg defended himself - poorly.
“Sanders! Shut up!”
Greg hung his head. He felt low.

Catherine knocked on the door, and he thought she might chew him out further. After all, she was a mom and she tried to tell him that looking after young child was not going to be easy.
“Greg, are you missing a five year old girl?”
“Amanda?”
The little girl peered out from behind Catherine. When Catherine asked if ‘that was him‘, she nodded and Catherine promptly whacked him upside the head.
“Oww! That was unnecessary!”
“Next time don’t scare little girls into believing candy will enslave the earth!”
“I said they would take over, not enslave us…” he mumbled.

The three CSIs arrived from the building, dragging the woman along.
“What’s going on?” Catherine walked out to meet the weary CSIs.
“It was a moose!”
“Come again?”
Sara glared at the woman beside her, “This woman saw a shadow by the house which she interpreted as someone threatening to take her daughter - for whatever bizarre reason!”
Catherine and Greg looked over to Grissom and Warrick for clarification.
“The forced entry at her office building was some wild moose looking for food.”
“I didn’t know I would lure him!” The embarrassed mother cried out.
Grissom sighed and looked at Greg.
“The girl is safe?”
“Yeah,” Greg handed the girl over to her mom. The mother apologized a few times before rushing off.
“A moose tried to kidnap me?” They heard the girl ask.

After the two were gone, Greg and Catherine burst out laughing. Eventually, Sara and Warrick joined in. Even Grissom cracked a smile.
“Well, looks like she’ll never be able to look at a jelly bean again…” Greg smirked.
“Or a moose,” Sara added.

Coming up next... I figure out which alternate ending I should tackle first! Since the season finale was GSR, I got to make people happy and do some re-writing! ;)

i've got one!
i kind of stole it from the sandle thread, but .. oh well.

what if sara and greg knew each other from california? it can either be from the lab in san francisco, or from just a random chance meeting, but they have to remember each other. then, write about their 'first meeting' at CSI, and/or when they first realize who the other person is.
(i hope this makes sense. its late. and i've been up for more than 24 hours. oops.)

After looking at the time on the posts, I determined the sandles request was asked first. So, this is a sandles ficlet with slight references to the season finale. It takes place a few months after the “event”. I hope you like it Sandles21, and it wasn’t as hard as you may think. ;)

It had started out passionate but fizzled within a few months. Grissom hoped they would stay friends, but when all was said and done, they never really had much of a friendship to speak of. Avoidance was best… it was too bad that another CSI had the same idea.

“Greggo! There you are. Is this where you’ve been hiding for so long?”
Sara caught the young CSI checking something in the morgue. He merely glanced at her, not bothering to say more than the standard hello.
She didn’t know why he was distant lately, but she was sure as hell going to find out.
“Hey, what’s wrong? I don’t know if it’s just me but ever since Brass got back, you’ve been avoiding me.”
Greg looked seriously at her - which surprised her because he was never overly serious about anything but his job.
“You really want to know? I don’t want to run into you and Grissom. Or should I say you and your boyfriend?”
She was surprised he knew.
“How did you-?”
“The whole lab knows. I had the courtesy of hearing it from Hodges, but really it was no big secret Sara.’ He frowned. “You giggled and flirted like some teenage girl,” he grabbed his paperwork, set on leaving.
“Greg, we broke up.” That stopped him in his tracks.
He turned to her trying to think of what to say. She looked sad and he didn’t know if he should feel sorry or just leave.
“I… have to go.” He left Sara in the morgue.

‘If I know Greg as well as I hope I do…’
She found him by the diner. He always went there to think, despite the lousy food.
She walked inside and stood by his table.
“Greg, Can we talk?”
He turned to face her, a small frown on his face. She didn’t like that she was the cause of his unhappiness. She knew he had a crush on her, yet she paid no attention...

“About what? About how you broke my heart when I found out you were sleeping with my boss? How about the loss of respect I felt when I saw you degrade yourself. Sara, you could’ve done so much better… I just don’t want to hear it.”
“Greg, please. I’m sorry. I want to explain. I owe you an explanation.”
She sat opposite him, and she could tell he trying to get over his heart break.
“Go ahead. Explain.”
She nodded and decided to be blunt with him.
“I guess I needed to get him out of my system. Greg, I know it was stupid, but I‘m prone to mistakes. I‘m only human. I… shouldn’t have done something so dumb…. Especially if it hurt someone I care about.”

She reached over, tentatively placing her hand on his. He wanted to believe her, but he was still hurting. He took his hand back.

“I didn’t realize you cared about me. They way you acted, it would seem I was the last thing on your mind.”
“You flirted with other women too!” She tried to defend herself, feeling upset at him and herself.
“Sara…”
He was caught. He understood why she did what she did. Loneliness and jealousy drives people to do strange things.
“Do you really care about me?”
She nodded, feeling choked up. She didn’t expect to feel so choked up…
“I wish I could believe you… I mean. how do I know you won’t go back to him? How do I know that I’m not some rebound?”

She looked unhappy, but she reassured him.
“Greg, look at my eyes - I’m not looking for a one night stand! I want to be with you. I care about you… I’m so sorry I hurt you.” She broke off, feeling herself get teary eyed.
“Don’t cry… I hate seeing you upset.”
He leaned over and wrapped his arm around her which only served to make her feel even guiltier.
“How could I have been so stupid! Greg, you were always there for me. You made me feel happy and when I’m with you I feel like the only woman in the world. Oh God, I just… I wish could take it back. I love you so much, and you‘re the one that I want…”
He smiled softly, cupping her cheek and looking into her eyes.
“What’s stopping us?”

She stared at him, wiping the tears with her sleeve, smiling at the guy who understood her more than anyone in the world.
“Nothing’s stopping us,” she agreed, “You wanna start over?”
He smiled and stuck out his hand, “Hello Ms. Sara Sidle, would you like to have dinner with me?”
She smiled and grabbed his hand.
“I would love to. Where will we go?”
“Wherever you want, Sar. I’ll take you to the stars and back if it would make you happy.
“Greg, you’re so sweet. But I don’t need the stars - I have you.”
She wrapped her arms around Greg and he held her close. She would not let him go this time.

Now I must work on the snickers suggestion I got through PM! I'll be back! :D

Back