Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

^^^ ooo I hope your spoiler is correct, and now I am anxiously awaiting this epi...

2. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

If they want people to latch onto Nat's story, they need to put her in the eps more. Otherwise it'll be one of those blink and you miss things...

I will say that Eva does great with what little she has....

She still also has to resolve her little issue with Jesse over the missed drink.

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Thanks for keeping some faith mjszud. :p

I wonder if the whole lab actually knew about Natalia's hearing problem. I think (or from what I've seen) only Ryan and Walter knew about it since they only knew she went to visit the doctor/audiologist when she told them about it. How can Horatio not notice and this Rebecca notices? I really, really hope that spoiler about Natalia stays though I don't know if it has anything to suggest that her storyline will be continued.

I've noticed that Natalia has never stepped into the morgue since like ages, ages ago. Well, of course probably due to her complete lack of screen time. Come to think about it, Natalia has neither seen a dead body since a long time ago or I've really blinked and missed it. I really love to see Natalia being closer to a case and connecting more to it.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think she went into the morgue once this season, but only once. :lol:

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Re: part of spoiler that isn't spoilerish -- I'd assume the entire lab knows of her hearing situation. She was cleared for work, so I'd imagine either Horatio or a higher-up knew of this & cleared her once she got the hearing aid. As for the other part ....

The only thing I think it would have to do with is Nat's cochlear concussion (my impression is that that is the big secret, though I could be wrong). The suspicion could be Natalia leaving work early, or coming to work late, maybe she's often leaving midway through the day ....the team wouldn't likely take this as being suspicious, but Rebecca would. It's possible whatever Nat is doing (it could be anything if you really think about it) that's making Rebecca suspicious will link back to how Natalia got the cochlear concussion (hopefully that will unravel in a later episode). Who knows, just a suggestion.

Count me in as one who'd like to see her connect to the victims more. I loved her in 'Permanent Vacation', the opening scene when she got to the crime scene before Alexx; again Eva's brilliant use of expression with Natalia staring at the body with her hand & tablet drawn to her mouth. Too often the CSI's just get to the body & immediatly wonder what/who killed them, but Natalia was very different, she took the time to feel for the victim. I wish we could see more of that.

ETA: hehe, the pic of Nat in my avi is from that scene ^^.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I think if she's leaving early and coming in late it could be because she's at the women's shelter volunteering/counseling other women who are in the situation that she was once in. That would be a nice twist. :)

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ re:spoiler. Wouldn't be that unbelievable either since we see her disappear half-way through episodes anyway!! :scream: *breathes*
    Maybe she's secretly trying to solve a case that she doesn't want anyone to know about ....think Catherine on Vegas (can't recall title) but not quite the same. ;)

8. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah and that would be a good way to explain her lack of scenes too. :)

9. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Which episode was it? I must have missed it.

I thought at first but I watched again and think she could meant she was cleared by her doctor, so it could still be possible the others don't know. Not sure if this is of any importance though.

I wonder why Nat's actions are describe as being 'suspicious'. It meant as if she is doing something bad. It would be interesting if this Rebecca notices something that relates to Natalia's cochlear concussion instead. Also maybe Rebecca notices that Natalia keeps taking medical leave (aka disappearing completely).

That was a brilliant scene in 'Permanent Vacation', I love love those moments where Natalia feels for the victims or goes the extra mile to help them. I missed those moments so much. Eva plays them brilliantly.

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

It's because of scenes like the one in 'Permanent Vacation' that makes me wonder just what TPTB are thinking. Natalia is the female equivalent to Horatio when it comes to feeling compassion and concern for the victim.

Eva has such a warmth about her that it fills the screen whenever she appears. And unlike with some, her compassion and warmth does not appear forced or fake.

I really, really wish they'd make better use of her talent and screen presence. She shines in every single scene in which she appears.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Michya, I can't remember what episode it was where she was in the morgue... I just seem to remember her having a scene with Tom. :lol: I'm not 100% sure, but it's possible that Walter might have been in there with her at the time. :lol: That might have been the episode where Tom called him "nightshift". :lol: It was probably a very short scene.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I think that was Calleigh, or possibly Jesse -- I don't recall Nat being in the morgue this season either. In fact, I don't think she's stepped foot in there since S6 :wtf:....she never once shared a scene with Tara when she was the ME.

I like the morgue scenes & I really like Tom, so I'll put that on my wishlist -- Nat & Tom scene please! I'd get a kick out of seeing how Nat responds to his quirkiness. :p

Couldn't have said it better :thumbsup:

13. GregNickRyanFan

^ Hmm... Well, I watch some of the repeats sometimes on A&E, so it's possible that I got confused. :lol: Wouldn't be the first time. haha. Maybe she had a scene with Tom on site at the crime scene instead of the morgue.

14. CSI_Natalia

FYI: my mom has a strong hearing loss in one of her ears, and it correlated with when she was sick with vertigo... they do not know which came first, if the vertigo caused the hearing loss or the hearing loss caused the vertigo... nontheless there is a connection here. SO maybe we'll see Natalia dealing with this??

15. CSI_Natalia

For some reason I can't view spoiler links on here :scream:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.