Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yes... the phone call. I thought it was sweet that he asked Calleigh how Eric's doing, though I didn't get the impression that he didn't want to look like he cared. I think it's too late for that. I felt, however, that he did hesitate a bit when he asked, but maybe that's because he didn't want to keep Calleigh too long on the phone since she's gone in too see him, and not because he didn't want to look like he cared.

Does that make sense? :confused: Because it does in my head. :p *shrugs* I don't know... that's just my interpretation of that scene, though.

quickie!
I'm so glad to see you again :D It's very good to say you again

and the good news just keeps coming because we're getting new episodes in Belgium! Which means I'll be seeing episodes of season 5 and I'm going to be catching up on all the Hardy Boys moments :D
So you guys give me hints on what episodes I should be looking out for ^^

and what did I hear about Eric getting shot and having some sort of memory loss? oh my god! That's just amazing... What if he can't remember the relationship he had with Ryan you know? What if he thinks he's still dating Boa Vista? That would be just... wrong

What if he thinks he's still dating Boa Vista? That would be just... wrong

That would be wrong. We will have to wait and see what he remembers. And if he did not remember Ryan would be patient with him.

New episodes in Belgium? *makes plans to emgirate* We're getting the rerun of S4 here now. Although Thicko here deleted From The Grave before she had a chance to watch it. :rolleyes: I'm getting worse, I swear I am!

Everything I read about these episodes makes me love these two more. :p Ryan cared so much about Eric during these events, I'm totally moved. How can anyone not see the potential of this pairing now?

I'm wondering if I would actually describe Ryan's reactions as temper. :confused: He has a temper, but in these circumstances, I might think of it as passion. Picky again, I know. :eek: Sorry.

No, I agree, Ali. It's more passion than temper in this circumstance. He wasn't just angry, he was upset and hurting and he wanted justice because his partner/friend *cough* just got shot.

And I also agree with Shadowfax. It didn't look like he was trying to appear emotionless. He was quiet, sure, but that seemed more like it was because he couldn't get the words out. He was very upset, and he probably didn't want to hold Calleigh up.

He better NOT start thinking he's still with Boa. That would be the worst possible thing that could happen.

He better NOT start thinking he's still with Boa. That would be the worst possible thing that could happen.
Urgh! :mad: Indeed! That would be one of the worst things that could happen. *gags at the thought*

Although... I have a feeling that his memory loss is short-term, and Eric and Boa broke up much earlier in S4, way before Marisol died (which is sort of more recent). I would hope *crosses fingers* that he wouldn't think they're still dating. Maybe Ryan could help Eric remember that he belongs with him. ;)

I don't think that the memory loss would be long-term. That would probably rule him out of continuing as a CSI, if there was a suggestion of brain damage. :( Plus, I think it might test the writers' continuity skills too much. Sorry. *is bitchy* :devil:

I don't like the idea of Eric being with NBV at all. Ryan needs to remind Eric exactly how attractive he is. How sweet and irresistible... :p

BTW, Shadowfax ... You know I said I was going to take a break from writing this week. Weeeell, I've nearly finished Chapter 15. I just couldn't stop myself. :eek: :rolleyes:

I would agree that Eric's memory loss isn't long-term. Otherwise, he might have trouble getting back to being a CSI. Lots of complications there for the writers to deal with if that happens.

What I meant with "short-term" though was that he couldn't remember stuff/events that happened relatively recently (ie: getting shot on duty, Marisol's death). That's why I don't believe he would think that he's still dating Boa. Their breakup happened too long ago, imo, for it to still fall under his "short-term" memory. At least I hope so. Does that make sense?

Good for you, Ali! And I know I still owe you a beta. I'm working through it slowly. I've just been too sore and tired to do anything lately... except float in a pool of listless lethargy. *is embarrassed* :eek: But I promise I haven't forgotten. At least you're ahead, right? ;)

Oh yes, I'm ahead. I do that at work too - get way ahead so I won't get caught out. I'm notorious.

I agree with you about short term memory. I also have a theory that he might have been talking to Marisol's spirit while he was unconsious, so he couldn't adjust to the realization that she was dead when he woke. Maybe he thought she was still there in his mind. A bit too Twilight Zone, maybe?

*sends Shadowfax a hot water bottle* I know what you mean. Me too. But I get weird bursts of energy. And I find afterwards that I've agreed to do all sorts of stuff that I really don't have time/energy for.

Yeah, I think you're probably right, Shadowfax. Their break-up was too long ago for it really to be affected by his memory loss. (That and I really doubt the writers could handle that much continuity... :rolleyes: )

And besides that, was it just me or did Natalia hardly react AT ALL to Eric being shot? I mean, Alexx and Horatio seemed to not be too upset, but that's just their characters. Alexx did her bit of mothering, and Horatio just kind of watched. Calleigh actually nearly cried, and Ryan was *very* upset and passionate. Natalia? She *said* she could barely focus, but I couldn't really tell. She seemed like she was just fine. Ryan's so much better for Eric. :p

And I like your theory, Ali. ;)

I hope that Eric doesn't forget Ryan....that would be just sad. It makes me sad that he ended up in the hospital, my mom was ribbing me cause I was crying about it. I liked how Ryan was pacing the floor over his "friend".

I really doubt the writers could handle that much continuity... :rolleyes: )
:lol: LMAO! So true! Let's hope they forget that storyline altogether so Ryan can have his time taking care of Eric.

Oh yeah... *secretly feeds Ali's bunnies with yummy carrots* :devil: Twilight zone, eh? Now that would be interesting! :D

Hehe. I love you people in this thread...all so...smart, rational (ok that's stretching it) and into the Hardy Boys. :lol: So much fun to come here, and as a multi-shipper I know this place is where the party is! :)
We need to start thinking of new thread names, we're coming to the end of this one. Any takers?
Goodnight ladies (and gentlemen) :)

cainesugar said:
Hehe. I love you people in this thread...all so...smart, rational (ok that's stretching it) and into the Hardy Boys.

You know, I was just thinking the exact same thing. I had been starting to get sick of some other threads that are starting to get to be a lot of spam and not a lot of substance, and then after coming here I was like "Oooh! Deep thoughts! Character analysis! w00t!" So in short, I'm really enjoying being back. :D

The whole thing with "what if Eric doesn't remember his and Ryan's relationship?!" was one of the first things that crossed my mind too. Could you imagine the wonderful angst and hurtiness that you could get with it? Followed by them getting to fall in love all over again, and/or Eric could suddenly get his memory back and then rush to find Ryan and leap into his arms and tell him how he loves him so much and then they kiss passionately... :D hehe

I foresee much angst in the future. Unfortunately, they probably won't show it on screen. But it'll be there. Because, you know, getting shot in the head can cause a person to undergo a little bit of angstiness. I look forward to seeing where they go with this, and how it could possibly affect Ryan and Eric's relationship.

Thanks for the hot water bottle, Ali. I'm actually icing my right wrist now and wearing a wrist splint. I don't know how I did it or what exactly happenened but I noticed a small inflammation on it after teaching my kids Katana sword on Wednesday. I must've worked it out too much, and now it hurts when I move it a certain way, so I'm trying not to move it too much. :(

I foresee much angst in the future. Unfortunately, they probably won't show it on screen. But it'll be there. Because, you know, getting shot in the head can cause a person to undergo a little bit of angstiness. I look forward to seeing where they go with this, and how it could possibly affect Ryan and Eric's relationship.
Totally agree with you there, quickie. And seeing that Eric will be a 'different' person from now on, I gotta wonder how he'll handle his relationship with Ryan and vice versa. Even though I'm sure Ryan will be there, there's no telling what kind of state of mind Eric will be in.

Oh, no... AARRGGH!!! *holds head in hands* No, no, nooooo! *covers her ears from evil plot penguins* No! I couldn't sleep last night, so I put on my iPod, and guess what? A penguin snuck up and bit me while listening to this one sad song. *rubs sore spot* I'm tempted to give it some attention, but I gotta warn you, it's very angsty and probably won't have a happy ending for our boys. :( See? I'm sad now too. Again! I'm feeling so lazy and increasingly depressed right now, I don't think I could take care of another penguin, especially an angsty one. :( Not good for my state of mind either. :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back