Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Status
Not open for further replies.
quickie! *hugs you to the ground* Welcome back! You sound like me. I sort of tried to quit too, but I couldn't. Hardy Boys kept drawing me back. They'll always have a place in my heart. :D

To coin Smilla's LJ here, I was seeing slash everywhere in that episode. I agree with a lot of you guys. Ryan was very emotional. There is no doubt they are indeed close. And of course, when Ryan referred to Eric as his friend and partner, I squeed internally b/c I know he meant "boyfriend and life partner. :devil:

That was such a wonderfully emotional episode! Never let it be said that Ryan's not loyal to the team or that he doesn't care about Eric. He looked ready to beat up that guy who shot him if Calleigh hadn't told him to take it easy and that officer didn't hold him back. Hmph! I would've liked to take care of that shooter myself but figured it best for Ryan to do it. ;)

At any rate, I'm repeating myself here, but it really was a great episode. My true fangirlishness really came through last night b/c I was near tears after watching it, and I had to get my hubby to comfort me afterwards. I was so troubled too that I couldn't sleep! :lol:

Okay, here's a question. It's obvious now that Eric's going to be a bit "different" since the shooting. How do you guys think this will affect his and Ryan's relationship? Good? Bad? What do you think?

Oh, and don't tempt me, athlov. I've got a plot penguin that's been in my face and nagging at me since last night's episode. I'm ignoring it at the moment, but I might just break down and give it a write. ;)

quickie!! It's nice to see you here again and hopefully more often! :)
Shadowfax, you gave me a heart attack with your 'I tried to quit' sentence. :eek:
you can't leave us. :(

aw, I so want to watch the episode too, but I have to wait a year. :(

I think this episode showed the true feeling Ryan has for Eric. He often acts like they are not friends and he often competes with him, but the truth is, he can't bear loosing him.
I hope that Eric didn't lose other memories, like the events from Nailed.
and maybe then the whole bad tension will start again. :rolleyes:

I have a question:
Did Ryan visit him in the episode?
Did he talk to him?
I only read about Calleigh, Horatio and Alexx.

I have a question:
Did Ryan visit him in the episode?
Did he talk to him?
I only read about Calleigh, Horatio and Alexx.
Yeah, Ryan visited him, but he was still asleep, so they didn't talk. Only Calleigh and Horatio got to talk to him a little. They didn't show it, but I assume Alexx probably talked to him too. She agreed with Calleigh when she mentioned that Eric's different now. :( I really hope his memory loss isn't all that bad. *crosses fingers*

Sorry, inge. I didn't mean to give you a heart attack when I said that. But that was how I felt towards the end of last year through the beginning of this year about my fan-girl obsession and fic-writing in general. Guess you didn't know that, huh? Fortunately, I recovered. Like Ryan/JT, I don't think I can quit the Hardy Boys even if I wanted to. Not now, especially, when it's so obvious Ryan really cares about Eric. And no... I don't want to quit. I'm in too deep, and I'm happily addicted. :lol:

There's a serious relapse rate for trying to quit the Hardy Boys obsession, isn't there? They're too irresistible!

So, Eric has some memory loss? I don't know anything about this episode. Well, only that Eric was shot and it was a security guard. (We're out of spoiler time, yes?) Maybe he won't remember how he feels about Ryan. Maybe he'll discover it all over again. Maybe he'll forget that he was trying to keep his attraction secret. *mind races round in circles* *nudges Shadowfax's penguins*

Yeah, Eric kept asking for Marisol. He didn't know that she was dead. The only good thing is, when he asked Horatio...H didn't have to say why she wasn't there. I don't know if Eric inferred that she was dead, or if he remembers a little bit. All I know is that the tear made me cry harder.

I hope he isn't majorly different. I can't seem to figure out what would happen...Anyone have an idea?

Ah, the tear made me cry harder too. That's the point I turned to my hubby and told him, "I'm so sad... I need comfort." :( Luckily, he obliged.

I think he probably understood from H's silence that Marisol is gone. I don't know what would happen now, but I would think the writers wouldn't want to just leave it off like that. There ought to be some continuity on the next episode. *is optimistic*

I'd like to see Ryan continue being concerned about him. Maybe the writers could have a scene where they talk or something, let their friendship really shine through.

Wow you guys sure post a lot! :D

I agree with everyone else, the episode was FANTASTIC!! Wonderfully sad. And OOOOOH SO SLASHY. Nobody can ever say that Ryan doesn't care for Eric.

I hope his memory loss isn't that bad... I know he couldn't remember getting shot and that Marisol's dead, so maybe that's all he'll forget... *crosses fingers*

I agree with you, Shadwofax, I'd like to see a scene where Ryan and Eric talk. I think Ryan needs it after how emotional he was. And somebody needs to tell Eric that Ryan nearly attacked someone in his defense. ;)

I think Eric could tell from H's silence that Marisol is dead, that she wouldn't be coming to see him. :( Poor Eric, having to "lose" his sister twice.

This is a little off topic, but have you ever noticed that they never come out and say someone is dead. It's always a meaningful silence which infers the death. I find it really annoying - more of a cop-out than anything.

I would agree that Eric and Ryan need to talk now. Or maybe someone needs to tell Eric how much Ryan was affected by what happened to him, so that he can then go and talk to Ryan. And then maybe get a little past talking... Nooooo! No more bunnies! Please!

*stares at Ali's icon* Guh... Very nice! :D

Yeah It's very annoying that they don't actually say that someone's dead. Then again, at the same time, they probably think it would be hard for the person they're talking to to hear it just like that. *shrug*

(1024x768)

I was going to put this in the Art forum, but I don't think shipper stuff belongs there. Soooo, I'm putting it here. :D :p

I am really looking forward to next Monday. I want to know how Eric is doing. We really can only speculate at this time, but I think it's going to be a story line like Ryan's eye was a story line. So TPTB are going to drag it out and make weak references about it each week. :D :p

ETA: Okay, I made another one. Couldn't help myself,; i was having too much fun. This one is called Jealousy, and it's also from Come As You Are. Also 1024x768.

Nice ones athlov ^^

Did anyone notice that Ryan was the only one to act out violently? Denoting passion. Oh yeah, we have proof. Now for the cute friendship scenes. ^_^

athlov those are gorgeous! Great job on them! (You should also post those in the WP thread if you're allowed to have shipper stuff in WP. :))
I did notice it. Everyone else was torn- Cal was crying! But Ryan did his thing- he was violent, but not in so much of a violent sense...it it makes sense. I mean he was soft, and his words were like daggers...it was so great to watch.
I'm a migrating shipper, but I have always loved being in the Erc/Ryan/Cal love thing, and now I think this ne of my fave ships within that triangle. So, I'm officially on board here now, as well as the other ships. *throws confetti*
Yep. Real passion behind Ryan's actions. Loved it. :)

Well then, welcome to the irresistible pairing that is the Hardy Boys, cainesugar!!! :D I knew it was only a matter of time before more people migrated here. Glad you're one of them! :p

Have I said it enough how much I loved, "Man Down"? :rolleyes: It's like this for me: when Ryan was restrained, you can sense the "daggers" as you would call it in his voice, in the way he looks at you as if he could hurt you with his eyes (but still, his eyes held a softness to them that shows concern and a want for justice for Eric) -- Gah! That man's eyes are just amazing! Love them. LOVE THEM!!! :eek: :lol: Okay, back OT... but then when he's not restrained, he wants to pummel the guy who did this to Eric. That shows passion right there! And again, love him. LOVE HIM!!! :p

I agree with y'all, Ali and ebonymist. Someone needs to tell Eric how much Ryan was affected by what happened to him and how very openly passionate he was at trying to catch the killer. And of course, someone needs to write something about that! :p :D *nudges Ali's bunnies in return* :devil: :lol:

It was cute but yet stupid how he looked around to make sure no one was listening before asking "how's he doing?" over his cell.

It's cute how he cared but stupid how he didn't want to look like he actually cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back