Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you theorize that Eric and Ryan got together sometimes after Open Water (the episode where Ryan asks Eric if it's alright to go out with boa)
so if you theorize that they got together after that, because Eric was finally fed up with jealousy and want and love, he made a move on Ryan and they hooked up
If you think about it that way there is a chance that he might not remember the relationship

imagine, he'd wake up and he'd think that he and Ryan are still dancing around each other, he thinks that Ryan is after Natalia Boa Vista and he just finds out his sister is dead
and Ryan isn't sure how to tell him about the relationship, because he's so sweetly insecure and he isn't sure if he wants to burden Eric with it (because what if Eric doesn't feel the same way anymore?)so he stays silent

bring in the angst :devil:

cainesugar said:
Hehe. I love you people in this thread...all so...smart, rational (ok that's stretching it) and into the Hardy Boys. :lol: So much fun to come here, and as a multi-shipper I know this place is where the party is! :)
It's very kind of you to say so. I'm not a multi-shipper, myself. I just don't have the energy. :lol: But I'm pleased to know that this is the place to be. How can it not be when we have both Eric and Ryan? Twice the sexy goodness! :devil:

SwiftTales , wasn't it Dead Air where Ryan asked Eric about going out with Natalia? :confused: Or did he talk about it in Open Water as well? I know that he let slip to Eric about his sister being questioned by the FBI while they were searching the ship. I loved the way he calmed Eric down there. Eric was getting all ready to do his macho, aggressive growling thing, when Ryan said "I'm sorry". It was so simple and sincere, and it took the wind out of Eric's sails straight away. Maybe they were already at it by then? If Ryan knew how to calm Eric down so quickly... :D

I like the idea that Eric finally got his act together after Ryan took Natalia out. Jealousy, realising that he was getting left behind, whatever - I'm sure he would have made a move sometime. Maybe Ryan meant him to? And that's why he really talked to him about Natalia. To light a fire under Eric. :rolleyes:

Poor Shadowfax ! It's dangerous, what you do. *shudders* I only have to cope with tattered fingertips from my work.

ah AliGtr! you're right, it was Dead Air I was talking about, so yeah, they would be a couple in Open Water by then... right?

and you know, lighting a fire under Eric is something I could totally see Ryan do. Getting fed up with waiting for Eric to make a move, he decides to get Eric motivated :D I'd love to see that

I could imagine him doing that more than I could imagine him actually asking Eric out directly. He'd want to be absolutely sure that he wouldn't be turned down, I think.

Yes, I agree. And that's how we rationalize him asking Natalia out. What better way to make sure than to make the object of your interest jealous, eh? :devil: Smart move.

We're so behind here, season four isn't even over, I can't even think about watching season five, I've got season four on dvds but all those new episodes seem so great that i can't wait.
If Eric doesn't remember ryan at all it could mean that he'd also forget about him being speed replacement and he could hit on him without feeling guilty

Well Eric remembers Ryan, sautdelange. It's not clear on more recent things it seems that he doesn't remember. Last night was cute when Ryan checked on Eric for being ready and not like Calliegh who was like did you this right.

Yes, last night's episode certainly proved that Ryan cares about Eric, even though he was pretty defensive throughout the rest of the show.

Poor guy! :( I'm still so bothered and sad over what happened to him, and then to see him like that: frusrated, defensive, hurt... It's like Eric knows he's having to take things slowly, one step at a time to relearn some stuff.

But then he made a mistake which nearly cost them the case... *holds back tears* This really isn't helping my mood. :( I felt so sorry for him. You can tell that it nearly shattered his confidence, especially when he told Calleigh that maybe he did come back too soon. :(

I was disappointed that aside from Ryan asking if Eric was ready in the beginning of the episode, they didn't really interact again. Hopefully, they'll get to work more closely together next time so Eric can see and remember how much Ryan really cares for him. And maybe Ryan would really shine through and help Eric realize that he's not there to judge, but that he has Eric's back if he needs it.

Okay, I think I've rambled on enough for now... *off to wipe away the tears* :(

You're both right, of course. Eric was so hurt and defensive through most of the ep. I liked when Ryan checked on him (and his voice was still quiet and shaky, like he was still a little in shock over everything) and I was hoping they'd have more screen time together, but that didn't happen. And Calleigh only really seemed sympathetic when she told him they couldn't do this without him. :( Poor Eric! He really needed a hug! And I'm sure Ryan wouldn't mind giving it to him. ;)

It's kind of nice to see the tables turned. Even though I don't like to see Eric hurt. It's usually Ryan who gets to be the weaker link. I like the idea of him being concerned about Eric and watching over him.

They didn't get much screen time? Huh! Rotten writers! :rolleyes: So what did they do off screen? Our imaginations can run riot there! :devil:

Ali, that fic you mentioned in the Ryan/JT thread, have I read that yet? :confused: 'Cause it sounds familiar.

Anyway, as much as I don't like to see anyone get hurt, it does make for great angst material as well as hurt-comfort. It's good to see Eric messing up like a rookie. I think it makes his comeback and struggles more realistic. Sometimes I get tired of Ryan being the only one who messes up all the time. So the change is good. Plus, Ryan can now be the strong one for both of them. He has a chance to show Eric just how much he cares.

Oh, my imagination's already run amok with another plot penguin about this one. They've been holding hands and running through my mind since last night. I'm just ignoring them at the moment. :p

Never ignore a penguin! They'll peck you!

Shadowfax! Do you not remember the Ryan/Eric Dinnerplates fic? My theory was that Ryan and Eric had pushed the dinnerplates aside for... you know... making room, and Ryan was still distracted by the memory of that when he went into the caravan and got shot with the nail-gun. It just seemed that Ryan was referring to something in particular when he asked Calleigh if she'd ever pushed the dinnerplates aside to get some. He had such a twinkle in his eye. And of course, the only man for him is Eric. So my imagination went off by itself. :devil:

So now, what did they do that presaged Eric getting shot? What was it that his mind was distracted by? Actually, while I'm thinking about it, when he got shot, was it by a sniper or was it someone he was pointing his gun at? I know it was the security guard, but what were the circumstances? :confused:

(And dare I use icon #9 for my avatar?)

Shadowfax, how could you forget Ali's fic! :p
It was a great fic...

Hm, I think it was a sniper.
First, Eric got shot in the leg and Horatio grabed Eric and pulled him behind a car. Horatio shot this men.
Everything happened so fast and you see Eric's face and he's saying something and suddenly you hear a gun shoot and it hits eric. :(

I hope there will be some more scenes where Ryan shows his concern for Eric and shows how much he cares about Eric.

Oh I loved the dinnerplates story! That's one of those I find impossible to forget, lol.

:lol: Of course you can Ali, he's just staring at a stain that Eric got on his shirt, right? What's so bad about that? :devil:

And inge is right, it all happened pretty fast, but it was more of a sniper situation. Eric couldn't have seen it coming, couldn't have been prepared for it.

I liked seeing Eric make mistakes too, not because I'm mean and want him to make mistakes just to get the heat off Ryan, but because it makes his injury/recovery more real to me. He wouldn't come out of that perfectly fine, and if he did, I'd scream at the Miami writers. Alexx said he might not be the Eric they know. I just think it's good that they managed to follow up on that.

I do hope Ryan and Eric get some scenes together soon. I think Ryan needs the closure as much as Eric needs to be back at work.

Oh, gosh! I'm so sorry, Ali! *apologizes profusely* Of course I haven't forgotten your dinnerplates fic! Never! Here... ---<--{@ *offers with a big cheesy grin* :D

I went back and re-read your post in the Ryan/JT thread, and I must've read it wrong or misunderstood it, b/c I read it as you having written the fic, but you just haven't posted it yet. Sorry. :rolleyes: *rolls eyes at self* :rolleyes: Don't know where I got that from. But that's why I asked why it sounded so familiar. I was sure you'd already posted it and I'd already read it, but I had to make sure you weren't writing something else or a sequel or something.

Anyway, back OT... ditto on everything you guys just said. :D

I rather like your icon right now, actually. But #9 is definitely naughty! :devil: Shall I double dare you to use it? :devil: :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back