Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, more posible would be this scenario: he almost dying and now he is serious guy (yes, it's happen on show), she almost lost her best friend, she start help him in job (it was on show too), helping him come back to normal live and she realize that she didn't know him at all. She start feeling something and then realize that she like him, then love him.
It would've made a little more sense, yes. But I still think it should've shown the 2 connecting before Eric's shooting (as in the beginning of season 5 which clearly did not show any signs of these 2 "feeling" a thing for each other), & then let it roll on from there without all the danger drama, & her sleeping with someone else....for *ahem* 2 years.
Really now - that doesn't convince me that she loves Eric, nor does the bullet in his brain & his fixation convince me that it's true love on his part either. JMHO. ;)

I can completely understand situations where a crisis can bring two people together, don't get me wrong - but not in this way. The build-up was anything but natural. These 2 went from nothing more than friends, to Eric nearly dying, & then it wasn't until she gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek that he even thought it could mean more -- all in a matter of a few months! To me, that just doesn't speak of "true love".
Fixated, dependant, needy, in love with wanting a solid relationship, holding onto the only thing that will let him? -- yes; but considering the chain of events prior to the beginning of E/C's build-up, it has yet to convince me that it's true love, whether they want me to believe it or not. It's not a believable story, & neither is the couple.

Every relationship there has ever been on this show was more convincing that E/C, at least for me.

There's been a few that hasn't convinced me (H/Marisol, Im lookin' at you), but I could sit through them & they didn't distract me from the show. Other couples I could easily buy though.

Whoops! I stand corrected! Thank you, mjszud. Horatio and Marisol were almost as bad. I barely tolerated that relationship. I never had to get up or channel surf. But I dislike the Horatio of the post-Marisol mourning period and every episode associated with it. When A&E starts running those, I watch NCIS on USA (they run at the same time in my neck of the woods).

I know Horatio has the hero complex that requires him to keep rescuing needy women in distress, but he married Marisol for pete's sake! And she had to ask him. That whole relationship was just plain wierd. :rolleyes:

I might have cared about that relationship if we'd been allowed to SEE a relationship. In my mind they were the same and E/C - absolutely no chemistry whatsoever. Maybe if we'd seen some passion - or even if we saw them kiss - I'd feel differently. But somehow I don't think so. :(

This isn't a debate thread - why is that not becoming clear?
Thank you for this ;).
Ok I really don't understand what is going on in this thread. I read the very first post of it & it was this :
This is here for the people who don't wish to support the E/C romance, & here for us to discuss it. It is not intended to offend anyone, but there are some folks who don't like the pairing & if they would like to elaborate on thier thoughts then this is the place to do it.
This is not out there to bring on heated debates. There are some who love the couple, & some who don't, & this is now the appropriate place to discuss it for those who DON'T.
While I respect E/C fans trying to understand why we don't like this kind of pairing, I really don't get it why we're still here, after 25 pages, debating on how it is impossible that we don't like or how is it possible that we're not the only ones who don't like them.
Some people may like them, some others not. This thread was supposed to be kinda a vent thread for the people who don't like them. E/C fans can easily read it & answer to our posts & I'm really glad that sometimes we have great discussions w/ great points from each side talking about this topic. We can easily have great discussions w/ E/C fans trying to understand why we don't like the ship. As long as they feel comfortable to read it, then go ahead E/C fans you're more than welcome when we're having a healthy discussion like the one we have had few pages ago for "WGISC".
But when I see people criticsing us b/c we don't see what they see, when there's a long debate on whether people (should) like this couple or not, I feel myself out of the discussion. This isn't the 3rd World War. This thread was created to make non-E/C fan kinda explain why they don't like the couple. It wasn't created for a painful debate like the last one I've been reading.

I don't care whether there are more E/C fans or more non-E/C-fans. All I want to see is non-E/C fans being able to explain their reason in this topic w/o this atmosphere which makes me feel like I need to explain myself to other people who will never agree w/ me especially when they're not able to cope w/ our opinions. We're not making any challenge & we don't need to prove who is better, whether it is E/C or any other kind of couple! This isn't a ship debate thread!

I'm not saying that I want everyone agreeing w/ us. All I want is a respectful thread. We all know how even w/ very different opinions we can reach a great level of civil discussion w/o getting into a stupid & useless war.
We'll never agree w/ eacother on many things, but hey we can have a respectful discussion & we can cope w/ eachother.

E/C fans feel free to read this thread, as long as you know that none of us will ever agree w/ you, though. Bare in mind tha you can try understand better why we don't like them, but please do not try convince us liking something we will never like or do not try to show that we don't know what we're talking about or some other things like that.

Non-E/C fans, as much I love the idea we're not the only ones who don't like the ship, please we don't have to show anything b/c this isn't a debate.

Sorry, but I felt like I had to vent a little considering what was happening in the last posts. It wasn't intend to offend anyone &, if you feel like you have to, please PM me so that we can clarify ;)

Now back on topic....as for the E/C scene, I won't say anything about the chemistry b/c, of course I can't see it, but hey E/C fans will always see it. All I'm saying is that this moment was kinda useless & painful to watch for us just b/c it happened right after tremendous storylines which have been happening in these last 3 years & it looks like it will never end :shifty:

Last edited:
I don't care whether there are more E/C fans or more non-E/C-fans. All I want to see is non-E/C fans being able to explain their reason in this topic w/o this atmosphere which makes me feel like I need to explain myself to other people who will never agree w/ me especially when they're not able to cope w/ our opinions. We're not making any challenge & we don't need to prove who is better, whether it is E/C or any other kind of couple! This isn't a ship debate thread!
Thank you, Florry, for a well written, thoughtful, & respectful post!

I must not be looking hard enough. There's you folks, obviously, and......?
There are a lot of people out there who don't like it. But I do think you deserve some examples. Here's a few that I already knew of. If I did a search I'm sure I could find more.

http://www.zimbio.com/Emily+Procter++CSI++Miami+/articles/9/CSI+Miami+Eric+Calleigh+Tension

http://dojodabbles.blogspot.com/2009/02/csi-miami.html

Thanks for these links, Maddy Ann.

Unfortunately, TPTB at Miami have not been the best with making good relationships. Seems like the one really good one, imho, was Horatio/Yelina. Personally, I'm not bothered by a man marrying his brother's wife, if she's widowed, but I can see where it bothers some people.

Personally, I could care less whether there's E/C or not. But don't bend characters, story arcs, etc to change what was a really classy drama in to "Calleigh Loves Eric."

If there is a God, let my buddy Rick Stetler walk in and break it up. I think I'd laugh. Just because I'm an ornery cuss. :devil:

Some people may like them, some others not. This thread was supposed to be kinda a vent thread for the people who don't like them. E/C fans can easily read it & answer to our posts & I'm really glad that sometimes we have great discussions w/ great points from each side talking about this topic. We can easily have great discussions w/ E/C fans trying to understand why we don't like the ship. As long as they feel comfortable to read it, then go ahead E/C fans you're more than welcome when we're having a healthy discussion like the one we have had few pages ago for "WGISC".
But when I see people criticsing us b/c we don't see what they see, when there's a long debate on whether people (should) like this couple or not, I feel myself out of the discussion. This isn't the 3rd World War. This thread was created to make non-E/C fan kinda explain why they don't like the couple. It wasn't created for a painful debate like the last one I've been reading.

Thank you for this Florry. :) I couldn't agree more.

I believe there are some that need to see this part of your post and perhaps will see why we keep blocking the debates from this thread.

We are allowed to have our opinions and reasoning, if that doesn't sit will with some I highly suggest not reading this thread because it will only cause them to get heated and then write something that does not belong in here, but also take it to other threads and discuss which does not belong there either.

Now back on topic....as for the E/C scene, I won't say anything about the chemistry b/c, of course I can't see it, but hey E/C fans will always see it. All I'm saying is that this moment was kinda useless & painful to watch for us just b/c it happened right after tremendous storylines which have been happening in these last 3 years & it looks like it will never end :shifty:

The scene was painful, so painful that since there was not another character to focus on in the background I picked up a book and read until the scene was over. There was nothing pertaining to the case coming out of their mouths so I personally felt that the scene could have gone away and perhaps had something for the lab rats, like Dave and Travers, since they seem to get shoved aside as well for this "relationship".

I like Eric, and I like Calleigh. I like it when they WORK together, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, but I'm not really a fan of the show because of the possible budding romances. It's just me, but it almost seems like when two major characters get involved something bad is bound to happen and at this point, I don't believe that CSI Miami can lose either Eric or Calleigh.

I like Eric, and I like Calleigh. I like it when they WORK together, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, but I'm not really a fan of the show because of the possible budding romances. It's just me, but it almost seems like when two major characters get involved something bad is bound to happen and at this point, I don't believe that CSI Miami can lose either Eric or Calleigh.

First, welcome bookbug!

I don't think that CSI Miami is going to be able to win with this romance, actually. If it breaks up how do you get the characters back to being close friends - as Adam Rodriguez pointed out in a recent interview. If it stays the same, how do you incorporate the "romance" into the working relationship and keep it in the background. Right now that's not happening, IMO.

Unfortunately, IMO, the writers have done a poor job of not only establishing the basis for this romance, but their writing has done it a complete disservice by letting it be so dominate in almost every scene they do together and having other characters get pulled in by incorporating the relationship into the very short scenes other characters have (although Natalia's reaction was delightful!).

As mentioned in the past, it gives the feeling that they are a unit unto themselves appart from the team. It appears like it's Eric and Calleigh united in everyway!

I'm looking forward to the season finale for Horatio and Yelina - not for more Eric and Calleigh drama.

I think that CSI Miami could lose either Eric OR Calleigh, but not both. Personally, if that should happen, I would rather see Calleigh go than Eric.

The scene was painful, so painful that since there was not another character to focus on in the background I picked up a book and read until the scene was over. There was nothing pertaining to the case coming out of their mouths so I personally felt that the scene could have gone away and perhaps had something for the lab rats, like Dave and Travers, since they seem to get shoved aside as well for this "relationship".

If you're talking about the scene in last week's episode, was it really that bad? I'm not trying to be snarky, really, I just want to understand. Obviously, for those who don't like E/C, any scene that refers to their relationship is by definition "not good". I felt like the "mushy stuff" only lasted about 10 seconds, and then Eric and Calleigh got back to work. They shared one more scene after that, but it was completely professional, and all together spent less than 5 minutes together that episode.

On to something else...

I am really disappointed with what they've decided to do for the finale. Pretty much everybody knows that I enjoy the E/C romance, but not to the point where it's going to take over the show. Making the main arc about Eric's daddy issues, and then turning it into something the love birds fight about? NO THANK YOU. For my sake, just let them be quietly, subtly happy together for now, and at least the beginning of Season 8. For the show's sake, stop focusing on TWO CHARACTERS for an entire season! Even Horatio seems to be put on the back burner. The whole Horatio vs. Ivan Sarnoff deal could've been a lot stronger. Maybe they did that on purpose because they didn't want to re-use the "Horatio v. One Person" plot that they've done with "Horatio v. Clavo Cruz," "Horatio v. Antonio Riaz," "Horatio v. Ron Saris" (which is still ongoing). I like that they involved the team on this one, at least. With the exception of Riaz, and then Clavo at the tail end, the other big criminals only directly affected Horatio. The Russian mob, on the other hand went after the team. They took pictures of everyone, and kidnapped Ryan. They could've done a better job of going after everyone more equally, but I'll leave my issues with that for another time.

Most of Season 7 is done and over with, plenty of mistakes made, and yadda yadda. I'll let it go for now. But to make the finale into one big lovers' quarrel is just plain dumb. They might've been able to let the Eric's daddy issues arc come to a head, but leave out the "lovers fighting, then in danger" crap. Sure, Calleigh's bound to have some kind of reaction to what's going on, but you don't have to put her smack in the middle of it. Leave that for the living room at home (aka not shown). Better yet, have daddy issues be a sub-plot. Maybe the main plot can still be about the Russian mob, but evokes one of the lesser-used characters. Like Natalia. They could come up with a reason for why she's been kinda absent lately. Hey, maybe she's been dating this "older dude" who turns out to be Eric's bio-dad. I don't know! If they could somehow show that she's been having some kind of ongoing trouble with the mob that reaches an arc in the finale, that would be great.

Wait, I've got it! Natalia should be secretly working for the CIA, and is the one assigned to assassinate Alexander Sharova. She already has connections to the FBI, maybe they offered her up to the CIA because she's done some kind of underground work that we don't know about and would be perfect for something the CIA is doing. And if the CIA doesn't purposely kill people, then maybe they have evidence of Alexander revealing U.S. secrets to people in Cuba, and they want Natalia to pose as a hot girl interested in buying some secrets, or somehow getting close to him so that she can collect more information so they can make an arrest. And then maybe Yelina has to meet with Sharova since she's undercover and has been assigned to kill Eric, and when Natalia gets to wherever they are to either kill Sharova or arrest him, he tries to hold Yelina hostage. And then Eric can sorta-mourn the loss of his bio-dad, who wasn't a nice man at all, so they could show him sitting on a bench outside, processing the death of Sharova, and then Calleigh comes out and leads him to her car so they can go home. But all they show is Delko thinking, Calleigh coming out, reaching a hand out, and he takes it and stands up, and then they walk away. That's it.

Okay, I like that better than the actual finale.

If you're talking about the scene in last week's episode, was it really that bad? I'm not trying to be snarky, really, I just want to understand. Obviously, for those who don't like E/C, any scene that refers to their relationship is by definition "not good". I felt like the "mushy stuff" only lasted about 10 seconds, and then Eric and Calleigh got back to work. They shared one more scene after that, but it was completely professional, and all together spent less than 5 minutes together that episode.

As far as your question is concerned, yes I did find it to be annoying. But why do I have to explain further? I've already explained in this thread why I find this "relationship" not to my liking, and I'm not a fan of repeating myself. And if I choose to pick up a book and ignore them, then that's what I have to do to enjoy my tv time.

Last edited:
On to something else...

I am really disappointed with what they've decided to do for the finale. Pretty much everybody knows that I enjoy the E/C romance, but not to the point where it's going to take over the show. Making the main arc about Eric's daddy issues, and then turning it into something the love birds fight about? NO THANK YOU. For my sake, just let them be quietly, subtly happy together for now, and at least the beginning of Season 8. For the show's sake, stop focusing on TWO CHARACTERS for an entire season! Even Horatio seems to be put on the back burner. The whole Horatio vs. Ivan Sarnoff deal could've been a lot stronger. Maybe they did that on purpose because they didn't want to re-use the "Horatio v. One Person" plot that they've done with "Horatio v. Clavo Cruz," "Horatio v. Antonio Riaz," "Horatio v. Ron Saris" (which is still ongoing). I like that they involved the team on this one, at least. With the exception of Riaz, and then Clavo at the tail end, the other big criminals only directly affected Horatio. The Russian mob, on the other hand went after the team. They took pictures of everyone, and kidnapped Ryan. They could've done a better job of going after everyone more equally, but I'll leave my issues with that for another time.

Most of Season 7 is done and over with, plenty of mistakes made, and yadda yadda. I'll let it go for now. But to make the finale into one big lovers' quarrel is just plain dumb. They might've been able to let the Eric's daddy issues arc come to a head, but leave out the "lovers fighting, then in danger" crap. Sure, Calleigh's bound to have some kind of reaction to what's going on, but you don't have to put her smack in the middle of it. Leave that for the living room at home (aka not shown). Better yet, have daddy issues be a sub-plot. Maybe the main plot can still be about the Russian mob, but evokes one of the lesser-used characters. Like Natalia. They could come up with a reason for why she's been kinda absent lately. Hey, maybe she's been dating this "older dude" who turns out to be Eric's bio-dad. I don't know! If they could somehow show that she's been having some kind of ongoing trouble with the mob that reaches an arc in the finale, that would be great.

Wait, I've got it! Natalia should be secretly working for the CIA, and is the one assigned to assassinate Alexander Sharova. She already has connections to the FBI, maybe they offered her up to the CIA because she's done some kind of underground work that we don't know about and would be perfect for something the CIA is doing. And if the CIA doesn't purposely kill people, then maybe they have evidence of Alexander revealing U.S. secrets to people in Cuba, and they want Natalia to pose as a hot girl interested in buying some secrets, or somehow getting close to him so that she can collect more information so they can make an arrest. And then maybe Yelina has to meet with Sharova since she's undercover and has been assigned to kill Eric, and when Natalia gets to wherever they are to either kill Sharova or arrest him, he tries to hold Yelina hostage. And then Eric can sorta-mourn the loss of his bio-dad, who wasn't a nice man at all, so they could show him sitting on a bench outside, processing the death of Sharova, and then Calleigh comes out and leads him to her car so they can go home. But all they show is Delko thinking, Calleigh coming out, reaching a hand out, and he takes it and stands up, and then they walk away. That's it.

Okay, I like that better than the actual finale.

Some of your finale thoughts are pretty darned good! (Although the Natalia thing is a bit out there! :lol: )

Seriously, your positions are valid.

I think that E/C has just been so overdone this season that a lot of us get our hackles up the minute we see them at this point. I know that's true for me.

Maybe it's a good thing season 7 is coming to an end soon. It gives everyone a chance to take a breath, step back and maybe get some perspective - especially TPTB.

:)

I'm looking forward to the season finale for Horatio and Yelina - not for more Eric and Calleigh drama.

I think that CSI Miami could lose either Eric OR Calleigh, but not both. Personally, if that should happen, I would rather see Calleigh go than Eric.

I agree that one of them could go, but hasn't it seemed that in the past Eric has been into more trouble than Calleigh? I don't know, maybe it's just me. I think I'd prefer Eric to go if I had to chose between the two.

Ok I understand why you're asking that question &, trust me, I'll try to answer to it in the best way possible so that we won't have to start another useless debate ;) & I won't try to convince you w/ my reason since I wouldn't be surprised at all, if you didn't agree w/ me ;)
As you said most of non-E/C fans see any E/C scene as painful since we don't like them at all. But while we hate the couple we may enjoy a little bit of them together on the screeen every now & then. I'm the first one who kinda enjoyed the kiss just b/c for god's sake they finally kissed, not to mention that considering what the premises were, the episode was actually far better & the kiss was just a scene in such an enjoyable episode even if it was all about Eric's storyline. Even if I considered as a teenage kiss, I still say that I enjoyed it.

Now let's consider what happened last week. Let's say that the scene, in itself, could have been enjoyable. But just a little thing ruined it.....the past between the 2 characters.
You, E/C fans, have spent 2 years waiting for them to finally get together considering what was happening. You were all the time hoping they could get together &, at the same time, you had your worst fear....that they were just teasing you.
Now, I'd like to consider non-E/C POV. We have never liked this kind of relationship & even if we did it, we found something which made "hate" the couple. Please bear in mind that as you spent 2 years like the ones you've spent, we have spent spent the same years. We've been waiting for them to get together just to end the storyline. We've spent two years watching Eric's puppy dog eyes following Calleigh b/c he fell in love w/ her. We've spent (please, my fellow non-E/C fans pass me this terms since I'm trying to explain what I think) 2 years watching Calleigh refusing to show her "real" feelings for the guy & once she ended up in a coma (just as this crazye storyline began...Eric & the bullet) she learns how much she loves him & how she can't live w/o him.
Ok that's what TPTB wanted, they wanted to explore this kind of opportunity, they did it(in the right or in the wrong way, we'll never agree on it since this is the main reason why we hate them & you love them) then, stop it.

Once they're together they can have their moments every now & then, but since they got together all I've seen was few episodes w/ a little bit of crime drama show & in every episode at least one moment of their "love".
In Ryan's episode we had to see them waking up & we had to think they had had sex that night, that's what TPTB wanted us to think. Do I have to explain myself on the daydream while they were working???

Now, the moment they shared in the last episode was completely useless not to mention that it was unprofessional. Again, we'll never agree on that &, quite honestly, I don't want to convince you on this.
All I want to say is that even in such a great episode like the last one was, we had to see their moment. They're CSIs & there's always the glorious Stetler's pending rule (if they brought it back, I'd propose to both Stetler & David Lee Smith :lol:).....what about if someone else was watching them??? What about the rumours which are spreading throughout the lab (since I highly doubt the no one from the lab knows it after Ryan & Natalia's little chat :p)??? They know they're in a risky position & they still go on w/ these love moments. Nope I don't want to see them in every single episode after the last years I've spent watching CSI:Miami.
Not to mention that Eric telling Calleigh to get back to work was just the icing on the cake :guffaw:

I love Corey Miller since he has always been the only one who didn't care about couples & he always wrote very good episodes for the characters & also for the crime scenes. Look at some episodes he wrote.

"Under the influence" Ryan's first episode, he spent the whole episode developing Calleigh's character (her last best development I've seen in many years) & he perfectly fit Ryan into this storyilne. And let's not forget that the crime scenes were very good!

"Wrecking Crew" it should have been E/C episode since they were both involved in the crane accident. I also remember reading some spoilers when he promised you some good E/C moments. Unfortunately, he disappointed you & you didn't have the great moments you were expecting. Instead, he focused on Calleigh's personal drama for the loss of that man & the drama of that family w/ that stupid guy who killed his father in the most hilarious way possible :lol: (sorry, but I have to giggle whenever he tells Calleigh the whole story LOL)

"Presumed Guilty" it was right after the glorious "Smoke Gets into Your CSIs" & we all expected him to consider every kind of consequences that episode left us w/. But he completely ignored the previous episode & he just focused on the case & the team spirit. Oh yeah his last 2 episodes had some great team moments like the famous scenes w/ 3 people :eek:

As much as I adore Corey Miller, since, IMO, he's the best writer Miami had, he really disappointed me for the first time w/ this scene :shifty:
The last episode was like on of his episodes dedicated during the whole E/C drama. Look Eric & Calleigh are happily together & there's no need to show how they're happy.
You think that Calleigh, right now, is happy b/c of Eric. Ok I won't ever agree w/ you on that, but there's no need to show light hearted scenes like the last one in every single episode.
I didin't need an other scene like this & I'm pretty sure that some of you didn't need it either since you're all convinced on how great this couple is. But, of course, you'll always enjoy it as we'll never do it.

Hope that kinda helped you understand my personal thought of the scene ;).
I must say that I totally agree w/ you on this. And I truely admire you for telling this since I think it is the first time I hear something like this from an E/C fan :thumbsup:

Most of Season 7 is done and over with, plenty of mistakes made, and yadda yadda. I'll let it go for now. But to make the finale into one big lovers' quarrel is just plain dumb. They might've been able to let the Eric's daddy issues arc come to a head, but leave out the "lovers fighting, then in danger" crap. Sure, Calleigh's bound to have some kind of reaction to what's going on, but you don't have to put her smack in the middle of it.
Again, thank you so much for these words.
As long as they wanted to put them together, it is pretty dumb to eventually drop off the couple in THIS WAY! As much I would enjoy seeing them breaking apart, I must admit that this is completely stupid. Not to mention that they always make the same mistake. Whenever Eric is in trouble, big troubles, the only person who helps him & always risks her carreer/life is Calleigh :brickwall:

:guffaw:sorry, but the whole Natalia's story made me laugh, though it would be something interesting for her.

As for the actual finale
I truely hope that it will lead to a leaving. As much as I'd love to see Eric's gone (sorry, but I really can't stand the guy since "Man Down"), I really hope it were Calleigh so that they couldn't destroy her anymore. They already harmed her, a lot, w/ the whole E/C romance & there's no need to go on.
Then again, no E/C fan will ever agree w/ m on this ;):p

Last edited:
As much as I adore Corey Miller, since, IMO, he's the best writer Miami had, he really disappointed me for the first time w/ this scene :shifty:
The last episode was like on of his episodes dedicated during the whole E/C drama. Look Eric & Calleigh are happily together & there's no need to show how they're happy.
You think that Calleigh, right now, is happy b/c of Eric. Ok I won't ever agree w/ on that, but there's no need to show light hearted scenes like the last one in every single episode.
I didin't need an other scene like this & I'm pretty sure that some of you didn't need it either since you're all convince on how great this couple is. But of course you'll always enjoy it as we'll never do it.

Hope that kinda helped you understand my personal thought of the scene.

Ah, I see where you're coming from. Thank you for responding. ;)

I must say that I totally agree w/ you on this. And I truely admire you for telling this since I think it is the first time I hear something like this from an E/C fan :thumbsup:

Why thank you! That's so nice of you to say.

Most of Season 7 is done and over with, plenty of mistakes made, and yadda yadda. I'll let it go for now. But to make the finale into one big lovers' quarrel is just plain dumb. They might've been able to let the Eric's daddy issues arc come to a head, but leave out the "lovers fighting, then in danger" crap. Sure, Calleigh's bound to have some kind of reaction to what's going on, but you don't have to put her smack in the middle of it.
Again, thank you so much for these words.

You're very welcome. :thumbsup:

As long as they wanted to put them together, it is pretty dumb to eventually drop off the couple in THIS WAY! As much I would enjoy seeing them breaking apart, I must admitt that this is completely stupid. Not to mention that they always make the same mistake. Whenever Eric is in trouble, big trouble, the only person who helps him & always risks her carrer/life is Calleigh :brickwall:

Yes, I so agree with this! And I appreciate your opinion that it would be stupid to break them up now, even though you're not a fan. That's nice to hear. :)

And why can't they have the TEAM rally around Eric instead of just Calleigh? Obviously, they're closest, but it's annoying for it to constantly be Eric&Calleigh as a unit instead of as individuals, or even as part of the CSI team. They presumably have plenty of time to spend together OUTSIDE of work, so why do they need to be partnered up all the time? I like a flirtatious scene once in a while, but when they have the two together constantly, it's like the writers feel like they need to prove the relationship is real. In reality, it would seem more real if they'd separate them sometimes.

:guffaw:sorry, but the whole Natalia's story made me laugh, though it would be something interesting for her.

Haha, no need to apologize. I realize the entire thing is kind of far-fetched. :lol:

As for the actual finale
I truely hope that it will lead to a leaving. As much as I'd love to see Eric's gone (sorry, but I really can't stand the guy since "Man Down"), I really hope it were Calleigh so that they couldn't destroy her anymore. They already harmed her, a lot, w/ the whole E/C romance & there's no need to go on.
Then again, no E/C fan will ever agree w/ m on this ;):p

Well, we obviously have different hopes, but I totally respect yours, and you don't need to apologize for them. Eric can be kind of...whiny? I'm not sure if that's the best word, but sometimes he does remind me of a lost puppy. And some of that is understandable, considering that he took a bullet to the brain, but sometimes it's kind of annoying.

Regardless of Calleigh and whatever ways she tries to "protect" him, I think that Eric should've definitely retaken his proficiencies when he came back to work right after he got shot. That's just common sense. It doesn't make him stupid, it's not demeaning to his intelligence, it's just covering all his bases and is what's best for everyone, him included.

And I can see what you're saying about Calleigh. I was kind of shocked that she actually read his therapy file. That is a HUGE violation of privacy, even if he didn't mind. I wanted to shake her and say "CALLEIGH! Girl, I know you're curious, but the REAL Calleigh is still super-duper professional! Who are you and what have you done with my Calleigh?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back