Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see where you're coming from. Thank you for responding. ;)[/url]
You're welcome ;)

I must say that I totally agree w/ you on this. And I truely admire you for telling this since I think it is the first time I hear something like this from an E/C fan :thumbsup:

Why thank you! That's so nice of you to say.
And trust me, I truely believe in what I'm saying. Otherwise, I woudln't spend my time trying to reply to your posts :thumbsup:

They presumably have plenty of time to spend together OUTSIDE of work, so why do they need to be partnered up all the time? I like a flirtatious scene once in a while, but when they have the two together constantly, it's like the writers feel like they need to prove the relationship is real. In reality, it would seem more real if they'd separate them sometimes.
I think you read my mind!!! I really believe they want to convince us they're a real couple. I don't need every single episode w/ at least a hiphugger scene to prove it. I know they're together, I don't care & I really don't need to see them working TOGETHER in every single episode. Once I'll see an episode w/ no E/C scene (also a professional one), I'll really think I just had a dream & I'll never be able to believe it :shifty:

As for the actual finale
I truely hope that it will lead to a leaving. As much as I'd love to see Eric's gone (sorry, but I really can't stand the guy since "Man Down"), I really hope it were Calleigh so that they couldn't destroy her anymore. They already harmed her, a lot, w/ the whole E/C romance & there's no need to go on.
Then again, no E/C fan will ever agree w/ m on this ;):p

Well, we obviously have different hopes, but I totally respect yours, and you don't need to apologize for them. Eric can be kind of...whiny? I'm not sure if that's the best word, but sometimes he does remind me of a lost puppy. And some of that is understandable, considering that he took a bullet to the brain, but sometimes it's kind of annoying.

Regardless of Calleigh and whatever ways she tries to "protect" him, I think that Eric should've definitely retaken his proficiencies when he came back to work right after he got shot. That's just common sense. It doesn't make him stupid, it's not demeaning to his intelligence, it's just covering all his bases and is what's best for everyone, him included.

And I can see what you're saying about Calleigh. I was kind of shocked that she actually read his therapy file. That is a HUGE violation of privacy, even if he didn't mind. I wanted to shake her and say "CALLEIGH! Girl, I know you're curious, but the REAL Calleigh is still super-duper professional! Who are you and what have you done with my Calleigh?"
I think that Eric is not just whiny. I really think he lost the best part of his brain during that damn shootout!!
I used to adore him even if he used to tooth or have sex w/ any kind of girl who was just able to breath, but this change is too much even for me. As much as I like the idea he matured, I really find it too forced & too much.

As for Calleigh, the fact they used her to read his files made me lose any faith in TPTB (along w/ my respect for them, something I lost many years ago :lol:) & yeah I lost my respect for her character.
I still remember when she gave Stetler Speed's gun report. It said it malfunctioned & it didn't say Speedle didn't clean it. Of course, she omitted this part since she didn't want IAB to speculate on his death, but still she remained as professional as possible.
I mean she could have easily said that he didn't clean it. But she didn't do it b/c she honoured him too much to permit any kind of speculation on his death.
At the same time she could have mentioned any other kind of reason in order to help him better, but she didn't do it. She didn't risk her career for him even if I'm sure she loved him!!! For god's sake she mentioned his gun malfunctioned & that was the best way to honour her friend in a professional way!!!

Of course, Speedle's death reminds me how unprofessional Calleigh has become thanks to this "crazy" storyline :(

Finally a place where everyone agrees on one thing.I'm a lot late on joining the thread,however,I had no internet for two months so my mom and friends were getting of me complaining about the E/C relationship.I don't like the fact that they are together,I'm not saying they should cut them from the show or something like that I'm just saying that I agree with everyone else in saying that the other characters are getting pushed to the side.All I see now a days is Eric Calleigh and Horatio.It was cool when they were flirting but now I only watch it now when I know there will be no E/C.

It pretty much killed the show for me,I just barley started watching again because of the previews with Ryan.However I'm kinda wishing that they think it's better to remain just friends.I lost my love of Calleigh's character as well,I feel she has changed way too much and the same goes for Eric.Call me crazy but I miss the old team where they all talked and had equal screen time.

It pretty much killed the show for me,I just barley started watching again because of the previews with Ryan.However I'm kinda wishing that they think it's better to remain just friends.I lost my love of Calleigh's character as well,I feel she has changed way too much and the same goes for Eric.Call me crazy but I miss the old team where they all talked and had equal screen time.
Then we two crazy people or you mean team with Speed? I miss the old times season 3 and season 4 when every character interact with everyone else in each ep. :(

Then we two crazy people or you mean team with Speed? I miss the old times season 3 and season 4 when every character interact with everyone else in each ep. :(

That's what I meant lol,When they were all together at a scene like in season three and four,it seemed so much better then,then they started hinting at ships and went through with the E/C one which was pretty much my deadline.

Welcome Future Cop. :)

I think most of us here miss the old interaction as well. The overdone exploring of this 'ship' certainly caused major seperation with the other characters, & for far too long. A&E have been repeating S4, & they're going into 5 tonight. It's been a breath of fresh air for me. Too bad once Eric get's shot in the head I'll have to change the channel. Don't care to see those repeats. ;)

Welcome Future Cop. :)

I think most of us here miss the old interaction as well. The overdone exploring of this 'ship' certainly caused major seperation with the other characters, & for far too long. A&E have been repeating S4, & they're going into 5 tonight. It's been a breath of fresh air for me. Too bad once Eric get's shot in the head I'll have to change the channel. Don't care to see those repeats. ;)
Happy watching! ;)

Our channel repeat season 6, you know, with this ship it was much better then what happen now. I mean, Eric and Calleigh worked with other characters too. Now they can be work only with each other. Now i see this big difference between season 5 and season 6, season 6 and season 7. It's come from bad to worse with new seasons. At least tptb start show more Ryan in season 7, but everything else is awful now. :(

Thanks for the welcome mjszud :D

I can't stand watching A&E anymore cause sometimes I'll catch it and it will be a Miami ep with to much of the two of them in it lol.Even CSI:Miami Weekends I don't even watch anymore,after they started getting closer when Eric came back to work I started to pretty much yell at my T.V and one of my friends is a big hip huggers fan,so i had to sit and listen to..."OMG they Kissed!!" And "Finally they are together!!!" The whole time I was like :angryrazz: :wtf: She knows I don't like it but to her I'd guess form of torture.Hopefully soon it will be like the good old days all this side story stuff is getting to me,I'm hoping that the new season is better then this last one.

First of all future_cop welcome to this "lovely" thread :p
I don't like the fact that they are together,I'm not saying they should cut them from the show or something like that I'm just saying that I agree with everyone else in saying that the other characters are getting pushed to the side.All I see now a days is Eric Calleigh and Horatio.It was cool when they were flirting but now I only watch it now when I know there will be no E/C.
I guess I missed the flirting part :p
Anyway I totally agree w/ you. As much as I used to adore Calleigh & enjoy Eric I'm tired of them always getting the most important storyliens.
Ok that Ryan just gon an important one lately, though I still consider it kinda annoying that it has always something to due w/ his credibility in danger. But gosh it's always about H & his crazy family, Calleigh & her car crashes or accidents or Eric's family & his love for Calleigh.
I'm (a little bit) tired of it :p

I think I'm gonna watch the end of this season just b/c this last Ryan's episode & of course, the finale episode of the season. Otherwise, IDK whether I have any reason left to go on watching this show :(

I do wish they broke up & I do wish they could go on being friends, but I highly doubt they're doing it b/c they were the famous best-friends --> lovers scheme. So I do think that once they break up, it is going to be hard for them to even work together. At least that's what I'm hoping right now for the best of the show....though I still think it would go into the famous TPTB's continuity pool :lol:

That's what I meant lol,When they were all together at a scene like in season three and four,it seemed so much better then,then they started hinting at ships and went through with the E/C one which was pretty much my deadline.
Ok as much as they can be professional, I wish we could have at least an episod w/ no E/C scenes at all...even the professional ones b/C, right now, I don't believe they can do it :rolleyes:

Hopefully soon it will be like the good old days all this side story stuff is getting to me,I'm hoping that the new season is better then this last one.
You're daydreaming condering our TPTB, aren't you? :lol:

So I do think that once they break up, it is going to be hard for them to even work together.
I'm not so sure they could either. In all honesty, I believe the only way to rid this romance is for one of them to kick ye' 'ol bucket, & it wouldn't surprise me with all the close calls they've already had. Foreshadow much? :wtf:
In most cases, on these types of shows, we don't see "happy ever after" relationships develop until the series is winding down or a character is leaving, & 'Miami' still has a ways to go. I personally find the timing of e/c's exploring very odd - guess we'll see.

Thanks for the welcome mjszud :D

I can't stand watching A&E anymore cause sometimes I'll catch it and it will be a Miami ep with to much of the two of them in it lol.Even CSI:Miami Weekends I don't even watch anymore,after they started getting closer when Eric came back to work I started to pretty much yell at my T.V and one of my friends is a big hip huggers fan,so i had to sit and listen to..."OMG they Kissed!!" And "Finally they are together!!!" The whole time I was like :angryrazz: :wtf: She knows I don't like it but to her I'd guess form of torture.Hopefully soon it will be like the good old days all this side story stuff is getting to me,I'm hoping that the new season is better then this last one.

I check in to see where A&E is with the episodes and then determine if I'm going to watch. To be honest, I generally watch if they're playing anything in the first season through the middle of the fourth season (especially season one and two -when Horatio and Calleigh were the ultimate working team!). Anything after the middle of season four I'll watch only if I have nothing better to watch - and that's rare. I can usually find House or NCIS playing somewhere! ;)

Eric getting shot had real potential. They messed it up with all of the E/C crap. The Horatio/Marisol relationship is almost as distasteful to me as the E/C thing - but not quite. The total and complete lack of chemistry was certainly the same. I do have to say that Marisol and Eric seem to "latch on" to lovers in the same manner. And it's really quite pathetic.

Watching Horatio change after Marisol's death, for me, was the worst. Much worse than seeing Calleigh destroyed. I'd already started to see changes to her character that I didn't necessarily like, but I'd never thought of her as the "leader". Horatio is the heart and soul of the show. To see him become so disconnected and distant and so depressed and dark, it wasn't what I wanted to see. It was everything I could do to hold on and pray that they would turn Horatio around. Thank goodness with the "Morose Marisol Mourning" period coming to an end we're finally starting to see hints of the caring, compassionate human being that is Horatio finally coming back to us.

I don't know why, but I don't think they could do that with Calleigh. Probably because they seem to really believe that this version of Calleigh is a new and improved Calleigh. What a horrible disservice to that beautiful, one-of-a-kind character that they created in the beginning. She was truly amazing. The destruction has gone too far to come back from, IMHO, and that incredible woman Calleigh was is gone forever.

I do think there is time to bring Eric back, however. Get him into counseling and have him retake his proficiences. Show that he is dealing with the aftermath of his injury in an adult and responsible manner and not hiding behind Calleigh, allowing her to shield him from his responsbilities. In short - get Calleigh out of the way and Eric may be able to "man up".

I'm already having a hard time deciding if I need to skip certain seasons on DVD. Season Five has been sitting in my home office unopened since it arrived. While there were certain moments for me in seasons five and six, with the Eric Shot, Horatio/Marisol, E/C crap running rampant through both seasons, I'm not sure the "moments" are enough to entice me to spend that kind of money. :(

Last edited:
Delynn, I love you posts. I swear it's like you sneak into my head when I'm sleeping and take what I want to post :p, but that's a great thing, no worries. ;)

I don't know why, but I don't think they could do that with Calleigh. Probably because they seem to really believe that this version of Calleigh is a new and improved Calleigh. What a horrible disservice to that beautiful, one-of-a-kind character that they created in the beginning. She was truly amazing. The destruction has gone too far to come back from, IMHO, and that incredible woman Calleigh was is gone forever.

I totally agree, the new Calleigh is definitely not improved. I feel that the way she used to be, tough, hard as nails, could handle herself with the big boys, and very well could have gone out for a beer with them after work has been lost in transition. Which is off putting for me as I enjoyed her tomboyish ways yet she could still be a strong, independant Southeran woman, even when she was in relationships.

Now it's hard to watch the greatest development of a female CSI character go down the drain. It really makes me wonder if they tested this theory on a group of males....for I have a feeling that a test group of females would have had very adverse reactions and made comments about going back to someone that they could relate to.

Delynn, I love you posts. I swear it's like you sneak into my head when I'm sleeping and take what I want to post :p, but that's a great thing, no worries. ;)

I totally agree, the new Calleigh is definitely not improved. I feel that the way she used to be, tough, hard as nails, could handle herself with the big boys, and very well could have gone out for a beer with them after work has been lost in transition. Which is off putting for me as I enjoyed her tomboyish ways yet she could still be a strong, independant Southeran woman, even when she was in relationships.

Now it's hard to watch the greatest development of a female CSI character go down the drain. It really makes me wonder if they tested this theory on a group of males....for I have a feeling that a test group of females would have had very adverse reactions and made comments about going back to someone that they could relate to.

I'd say I have to agree with you,actually all of you,For me Calleigh isn't what she use to be,it honestly seems after every character has a drama episode they change drastically,I to enjoyed the tom boyish Calleigh,I use to think she was the best,I've been watching all the CSI's since I was ten years old,in the last 8 years I'd say now it has to be the worst relationship choice that I have seen,yet saying I was truly a Ducaine fan,but honestly I don't support any ships from CSI:Miami, they make Calleigh look real bad,including Eric.

They poke and tease at some many ships and now it's down to E/C when it was first Eden and Cake,I'm disappointed in the way Miami is going.The fact that Eric and Calleigh are together bothers me more now because there is no going back,you can't have a show based on a reality of things if you split two people up and have them act like nothing has happened and it's all fun and games.

you can't have a show based on a reality of things if you split two people up and have them act like nothing has happened and it's all fun and games.
They've already done it with E/N. TPTB just wave their magic wand & *poof* we're suddenly supposed to have amnesia along with the characters.

Last night's epi:
I can't say this enough - this is getting way too tiring. The stupid goofy looks are one thing, but seeing this controlling side of Calleigh is disgusting. I didn't ever mind her having the upper-hand in cases, but seeing it in a relationship is a complete turn off. At least aknowledge that it's really none of your damn business before asking who he's on the phone with.

Eric lying about it? I knew eventually that "trust" would have to bend at some point, but in this case I didn't really find it necessary.

What a complete waste of 2 good characters, & a good solid friendship.

you can't have a show based on a reality of things if you split two people up and have them act like nothing has happened and it's all fun and games.
They've already done it with E/N. TPTB just wave their magic wand & *poof* we're suddenly supposed to have amnesia along with the characters.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think the TPTB's intention was to make it seem like Eric and Natalia never happened. I think it was just that they saw it as something that was in the past, over and done with. No need to really dig it back up afterwards. I think their followup could've been a little better with the season 5 premiere, after Eric was a jerk to Natalia in the season 4 finale when he found out she was the mole. But then I remember in the second episode of season 5, when the two of them were looking at the truck that ran Calleigh into the canal. They had some nice, easy banter, and I think the intention was to show that whatever hostility had come between them had been resolved, and that they had gone back to being friendly coworkers who were mature enough to not let prior drama interfere with their jobs. And logically, I never saw a time when bringing up "Eric and Natalia slept together a few years back" was relevant or necessary for any plot in seasons 5 and beyond.

Last night's epi:
I can't say this enough - this is getting way too tiring. The stupid goofy looks are one thing, but seeing this controlling side of Calleigh is disgusting. I didn't ever mind her having the upper-hand in cases, but seeing it in a relationship is a complete turn off. At least aknowledge that it's really none of your damn business before asking who he's on the phone with.

Maybe this is just the E/C shipper in me, but Calleigh didn't strike me as super controlling. Normally, the CSIs don't answer an unrelated phone call in the middle of an investigation unless it's important. And being Eric's girlfriend, heck, even if they were just friends, it was only natural that Calleigh was a little concerned. If she had been more controlling, she would've pushed him to tell her the truth when he first lied to her, and we would've seen more of Calleigh being inquisitive. But I'll agree to disagree with you there.

Eric lying about it? I knew eventually that "trust" would have to bend at some point, but in this case I didn't really find it necessary.

I agree with you on that one. Why do they have to bring stupid, unnecessary drama into this relationship? Even though I'm an E/C shipper, and like seeing little hints of their relationship every once in a while, what I want most is for these two to be happy together. If that means that we don't see too many "personal" moments, then that's fine with me. I don't need lovey-dovey stuff in my face all the time. A flirty comment, a quiet "see you tonight", or something brief and not completely inappropriate once every five episodes or so is plenty good and dandy in my eyes.

I'm both excited for and dreading the finale. I know the writers are going to do something(s) stupid, but I hope nothing REALLY stupid. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back