Episode #512 'Internal Affairs' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I think it turned out to be a lame episode. The scenes with Boa and H made me want to puke. And I'm not even a Boa hater.

goldnhart said:
NOOOOOOO!!!

goldnhart...please add a bit more content to your post, as posting one word answers could be seen as spamming and besides we have no idea what you were 'Nooooo'ing over. ;)

Raven04, please refrain from double posting as it could be seen as spamming as well. Please use to 'edit' function to reply to a previous post as opposed to double posting.

Thanks, y'all! :)

You know, I was gearing up for it being the worst episode in history, and it wasn't, so I'm surprisingly pleased. There were no tidal waves and no nuclear weapons and no terrorists. There was tons of Valera and Alexx (who looked really pretty tonight). Very little Horatio. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I didn't even do a lot of my usual snarking.

Also, I'll give some kudos to Eva La Rue for her final scene. She was alright.

I get the feeling the writers were trying to explore Natalia's conflicting feelings towards Nick, but the writing wasn't good enough to get that point across. It seemed like Natalia was a pseudo-masochist. Dude, the guy BROKE YOUR ARM! You had to flee your home because he was violent and unpredictable. Stop. Sleeping. With. Him. I'm sorry, but it didn't work at all. I know abused women go back to their spouses all the time, but how long have Nick and Natalia been apart? In my experience, time and distance helps these women move on and also grow a spine. Nick isn't even charming, so why Natalia went back to him? Made no sense to me. Also, he fucking beat her up. I don't care how many "good" years they had, it's not okay. I really wanted her to break that picture in two at the end. "Let's concentrate on the good" is the main reason why abused women keep going back to their husbands and why many of them die. That was a really awful message for this show to get across.

Also: I really, really hate Jake. Get a haircut, you lazy hippie!
emot-argh.gif

lol, no one seems to like Jake. I have to agree, I was wondering why Natalia was still sleeping with Nick. If you so concerned about someone you care about being with someone who abused you, why sleep with him??? I like how Valera and Natalia seem to have a friendship. Cute!!!

xanessa said:
I have to agree, I was wondering why Natalia was still sleeping with Nick. If you so concerned about someone you care about being with someone who abused you, why sleep with him???
I guess her therapist was right about that whole "suppressed attraction" thing, huh?

DragonflyDreamer said: I have to say, did anyone else feel that H was being extremely hypocritical when he said the case was a conflict of interest?

You certainly weren't the only one. I was like hmmm, shall I break out my dvds and press rewind buddy?

Caro... I said aww too! And then I covered my mouth in shock. Blasphemy! Seriously, Eva did a great job, especially in the last scene but I too, was disturbed by the whole "let's concentrate on the good" bit. It doesn't sound like something H would say at all...especially since what happened with Yelina and Rick.

I loved Jake; but he was a real ass in this episode. Kinda made me love him more. And I for one, loved him in a suit. It was sexy.

Oh and Valera! Valera! Valera! How upset did she look when she found out Nick and Nat were still going at it?! But it was refreshing not to see her for only 2.5 seconds.

well, i think it is easy to say 'why did she go back to him', but since i have never been in an abusive marriage, it might be different in that situation.

besides, if natalia sleeps with horatio, she will end up dead!

It was an okay episode, I think Jake will make an okay detective once he understands how it all works, he's only done undercover stuff so this is all very knew to him. I'll give him a chance.

I was like yay Valera when Nick tried to drag her to the bed, she stood her ground can't call her mousy!

I personally think the writers need to take a look at some fanfictions that are out there some of them are beyond excellent!

DragonflyDreamer said:
I haven't seen the whole episdode yet, I just got a bit of it when my sister switched the TV on. But I have to say, did anyone else feel that H was being extremely hypocritical when he said the case was a conflict of interest?

I'm confused, what was hypocritical about it?

besides, if natalia sleeps with horatio, she will end up dead! I about had a ashma attack when I read this. Becaue it's TRUUUUUEEEEEEEEE.

Do people think the writers are gonna match up Natalia and Horatio? I personally don't think so but then the show has done weirder things.

Did anyone notice Franks UGLY suit coat. YUCK. it was U.G.L.Y.! I also noticed that he has lost weight. Frank is lookin' slimmer even though he was in that ugly jacket.

The Good Rebecca

I have been away but now I am back

Okay I just saw the episode.

I have to say that I personally found it to be brilliant. Contrary to popular opinions, I thought this episode was really well-done.

Natalia: Eva did a wonderful job as Natalia, and portrayed her character with a lot of heart, and emotionally moving brilliance. The way her character reacted to all of the events was very realistic, and wasn't over the top. Her reaction at the end of the episode shed a lot of light onto the relationship between her and Nick, and also the kind of person that she is. The last scene with her and Horatio, I found to be, very touching.

Horatio was supportive of her throughout the episode and put forward his influence to make sure that things continued to move smoothly. Tonight he seemed like the Horatio we used to know. He was a true leader. Even though his frustration with Jake could be seen when they were in the Layout Room, he kept his cool and was able to teach the man something rather than call him out on his mistakes. The episode didn't involve too much of Horatio, but just enough, that I was glad he showed up at the appropriate times. :)

I have to give props to Johnny for portraying Jake. The guy was supposed to be a jerk, and the actor displayed that wonderfully throughout the episode. And the undercover officer turned detective turned CSI made the episode interesting to watch. It shows how people really work at a lab when they don't understand the subject matter, or they can't see past their own face to step back and put everything into context. I thought Jake gave a lot of substance to the episode. He was the guy that everyone seemed to dislike, yet he was still able to add a twist onto the case that most people wouldn't think of. I thought the interrogation scene with Natalia near the beginning was superb. It accurately showed how people like him treat suspects, and twist their words into something that could possibly be incriminating. --Great job! And I liked when he offered a seat to Valera in the next couple of scenes. - Shows he's still a human being, no matter how much of a jerk he'd been.

He also didn't defy Horatio as much as I would have anticipated. He had a subtle annoyance with Horatio, but still respected his professional opinion.

I loved Eric in this episode as well. He was shown as selfless and protective over his team-mates, and ready to defend the lab as well. (Since he wouldn't let Nick past reception) I missed this aspect of Eric. Although he's usually one to keep his cool, this time (Kind of like in 'Extreme', season 2) he grew a little hot under the collar and gave Nick a little taste of his own medicine. Something that shouldn't be seen by him at the lab, but Eric's morals and belief that this guy was a dangerous person, seemed to justify his actions toward Nick.

I thought Rob did a really great job as Nick. :) He was a real badass, and he deserved everything that was coming to him. We now see that he steals, takes advantage of people, and manipulates into getting what he wants. In turn, he lost his life due to his own, err, stupidity and arrogance. :p Good riddance.

I liked Ryan Wolfe's professionalism at the lab. We'd seen before that he'd gotten the short end of the stick for many episodes, seeming to make him look like a bad CSI. I liked how he handled the situation when Alexx handed him the swab. He didn't want to get involved in something that could get messier. --It could be seen that he's a coward and doesn't want to get in trouble again, or have something jump back up and bite him in the ass, but he has his motives and he managed to stay away from the case, even if his friends were involved.

I also loved the performances by Boti and Emily. There's really too much to say about them, but to cut things short, Boti was really excellent! She portrayed Valera extremely well. Valera has always been a very honest person, and it made me happy to see that when she thought she had done something wrong, she had to tell the appropriate authority. Why she didn't tell someone sooner? Not sure. Perhaps she was scared of what could happen to her, knowing full well that if she was found guilty, she'd lose her job, and lose her life. (Ie: Go to jail)

Emily did a great job as always. :) Calleigh always has a need to poke her nose into a case, just to see what's going on. Her curiosity has always been a defining characteristic of what makes Calleigh, well, Calleigh. :D Her little quips when she sneekily gets involved always cracks me up. :lol:

*sigh* Whew. Anyway, long review short, I loved the episode. I also thought the story played out well, too. The case B fit in well with the case A, and it actually had an ending that didn't leave one hanging in the proverbial wind. --Call me optimistic and dillusional, but I really enjoyed the episode.

Back