Episode #512 'Internal Affairs' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

It's like Frank's job. He was an undercover officer, but now he's transferred to MDPD and is a homicide detective.

Well Jack isn't a leuteniant.... :lol: Well, Jack is kinda like the other CSI's. He's helped Cal on some cases. But i don't think i'm the best person to ask. I really don't like him, or know much about him.

WOW! When was the last time an episode got up to a fourth page of replies? See, knew the show would get better in 2007. (*quietly ignores posts that were less about the ep than replying to other replies*)

And I didn't even get my two cents in. Still not feeling up to it, but it basically boils down to three points.

1. Good episode overall, actually. Despite a plotline borrowed heavily from "Under Suspicion," I really liked it. Dialogue was picking up, the acting was better...this was Miami worth watching. Even if they did have to pick on my poor Valera and show a completely inept night squad. -.-

2. I thought we were supposed to like Natalia now? Why do they keep erasing all the progress they've made with me? You cannot set up your character as this strong, empowered woman who has overcome abuse, and then turn her back into a stereotype. There was no reason she had to still be sleeping with Nick. I mean, ew. I spent the whole episode waiting for there to be a plausible explanation for the hair, like passive transfer. They were practically rolling the end credits before I finally wrapped my brain around the reality.

3. The ending bugged me. Well, not the whole ending, because I am never going to argue against a scene with Horatio and compassion, just that very last second. Not so much that it was Horatio & Natalia - although that was definitely part of it - but because Horatio is not the kind of guy whose shoulder you can literally cry on. Which saddens me, because he USED to be, but that all sort of died out at the end of season 3. Since then, other than punching Walter, I don't think he's touched anybody unless they were Marisol and/or dying. Other than that, he's been very careful to maintain a few feet between himself and the nearest person at all times. As proven by the rather awkward way in which he made no move to comfort her, but just sort of...sat there.

What I actually shouted at the screen: "Miss Boa! How long have you worked here? Have you not noted that Horatio has a look-but-don't-touch policy?"

One could argue that he understood she just needed someone to lean on, and it's not as if he pulled away, but he looked more like he was just enduring it. In my opinion, anyway.

Well
You cannot set up your character as this strong, empowered woman who has overcome abuse, and then turn her back into a stereotype. There was no reason she had to still be sleeping with Nick. I mean, ew.

THAT is soooooooooooooo what I'm feeling too. I realise a lot of battered women go back to their husbands and all, but couldn't they have left Natalia alone?

She could have left her hair in his bathroom or something, but puleeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

That said. Rob Estes sure is hot. ;)

bump.gif

CSI: MIAMI
Air Date: Monday, December 24, 2007
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#512) "Internal Affairs" (Repeat)

"Internal Affairs" - When Natalia's ex-husband is murdered, evidence suggests that she killed him, on a rebroadcast of CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Dec. 24 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Scott Lautenan directed the episode written by Corey Miller. (Originally broadcast 1/8/07)

Rob Estes ("Melrose Place") returns as Nick Townsend.

Many people had motive to kill Nick. While Natalia remains a suspect, the rest of the team, careful to avoid any suspicion of interference from Internal Affairs, must watch the case from the sidelines. Now, holding Natalia's fate in their hands, Horatio, the lab's night shift and Calleigh's cop ex-boyfriend must find the evidence to prove her innocent.

SERIES REGULARS:

Horatio Caine: David Caruso
Calleigh Duquesne: Emily Procter
Eric Delko: Adam Rodriguez
Alexx Woods: Khandi Alexander
Ryan Wolfe: Jonathan Togo
Det. Frank Tripp: Rex Linn
Natalia Boa Vista: Eva LaRue

RECURRING CAST:

Valera: Boti Bliss
Nick Townsend: Rob Estes
Jake Berkeley: Johnny Whitworth

GUEST CAST:

Benjamin Rhodes: Antony Sauve
Jeff Murdock: Gabriel Casseus
Lauren Sloan: Sharon Leal
Phillip Craven: Jake Busey
Leo Donwell: Josh Zuckerman
Courtney Rinella: Cynthia Addai-Robinson

*bangs head on table* I searched for this topic for like, five hours and couldn't find it.

Gah, I didn't like this episode, I won't be watching the rerun. Besides, I have work from 6-10 anyway, merry Christmas Eve! [/sarcasm]

I'm going to enjoy spending Christmas Eve watching this ep. I liked it the first time around because Natalia finally got a new perspective on how much her obsessing over things gets her in trouble.

Me too!!^^^ I wan't here (at Talk) when the epi first aired but I absolutely loved it. I catch every rerun! The only thing I hated was her going to bed w/ Nick. Sure she still had feelings for the scum, yes he's good looking but my God, the writers could have had her just "there" at the condo. Why oh why??? Plus, in my opinion, it lowered her character a little, it's like he died 'winning' & she was left behind mourning this a%%hole, who did not deserve her love!!! :mad:

The Nick/Eric fight nearly tops the epi, though. Glad Eric gave him what he deserved! :D

Back