Episode #512 'Internal Affairs' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I personally liked Jake. :) (of course this is coming from someone who loves Stetler :p )

I think his character still has a lot of potential, but I fear the writers are going down the "Big cheese makes big mistake and gets himself killed" route. *shrugs*

But I think that even though he might not be the best detective, he's got a lot of ambition and drive to be good at his job--Even though he's been fumbling at it.

And like Hunter said, I loved how Horatio showed off his authority to the younger, more inexperienced detective. He handled that brilliantly. :devil:

speed_cochrane said:
He handled that brilliantly. :devil:
He always does. *dreamy sigh*

And sure his character has potential, every char does. But they just have to use that potential in the right ways.

Working undercover narcotics is very different from being a homicide detective. Jake has only just switched jobs. It seems to me he's going at being a detective the same way he handled his last job - aggresively. I say he just needs some time to adjust.

With Jake it's all about attitude and he's got a lot of it. So maybe Horatio was trying to make a point to him that this isn't a one man show it's about team work and as some one said before it's about following the evidence.

However making that point I have one more in "48 Hours to Life" in which Frank Tripp breaks a kid into confessing to a murder that he did not even comment. Which really left me in shock because he is a seasoned vet and he drilled this poor kid until he confessed.

Juma said: (handsup all the girls on here who ever felt like throwing their husbands out the window. I'm first. And we're still going strong after 12 years, and we've never ever laid hands on each other.
*Raises Hand* Except it wasn't husband it was fiance and he is now and ex-fiance it was an amical break up, we agreed that he would stay away from me and I would well not throw him out a window persae lol.

Heck my parents were married 49 yrs (mom passed away), but shoot mom was constantly saying things like "If we didn't live in a one story home..." :lol: Course they didn't fight, they just had discussions lmfao and the spooky part is they were those calm, quiet, reserved kind where you could cut the tension with a knife, then the next thing you know, all is well and good.

katpin31791 said:
DaWacko said:
Perhaps because he was in the lab and going thru evidence.
Couldn't he had also contaminated it if he hadn't been?
Ummmyeah... Like if fibers falling or... fingerprints... 'n stuff.

ETA: LOL! Bad quoting. Now it's in right spot ;)

I just saw the episode. I didn't think it was all that great, but it least it put a couple of ongoing storylines to bed before going ahead with what's going on in 'Man Down'. They really need to focus on that arc and follow through with it after one episode, something which Miami has never been very good at. At least with all of the Snake drama seemingly done with for now they don't have too much going on at once.

I was thrilled to see so much of Valera. Boti was great in this episode. I really hope this leads to her being more involved with other episodes. If you ask me, she deserves to be in the credits alot like Rex Linn did. Hopefully they'll start including her more like they did with Greg in LV.

Don't get me started about how bad they made the nightshift and any Detective bar Horatio look. I was happy to see him put Jake in his place though, he was really to get on my last nerve.

Kudos to Eva La Rue for her last scene, I actually felt bad for Natalia, and that is some feat. :lol:

Was it just me, or did it feel like more screen time was spent on the guest stars than alot of the main cast? We didn't see much of anybody not Horatio or Nat. I guess with so much going on it was necessary, but I really felt we should have seen more of the likes of Calleigh.

Overall, so-so episode.

Speedslady said:
With Jake it's all about attitude and he's got a lot of it. So maybe Horatio was trying to make a point to him that this isn't a one man show it's about team work and as some one said before it's about following the evidence.

God Speedslady you read my mind. I was about to post that. I very much agree with the 'lots of attitude' and 'isn't a one man show' thing. Couldn't of put it better myelf.

I want Yelina out more, with Horatio. Yelina always seems to blend into the background with me. She always says small sentances. And in short scenes.

Hunter said:
Speedslady said:

God Speedslady you read my mind. I was about to post that. I very much agree with the 'lots of attitude' and 'isn't a one man show' thing. Couldn't of put it better myelf.

I want Yelina out more, with Horatio. Yelina always seems to blend into the background with me. She always says small sentances. And in short scenes.

First off glad I'm not the only one who was on this train of thought. :D I noticed it in "Going Under" how he thought that he was all that.

As he gets into the role of homicide detective he'll get the hang of it. ;)

I'd love to see Yelina return to Miami but isn't she still in Brazil?

I've now re watched the ep, and I liked it a lot more the second time around.

Mostly because H seemed to be his old self again. The last scene with ELR was truly great TV, and H was being supportive and kind.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm trying to figure out something anyone can help me its about Jake's job. Is it like Frank's job or Horatio's job?
I think the next time we see Jake he's gonna have a new job.

Back