Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by kinkapoodles, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

I think that Flack knows exactly when to come to his rescue and when to let Danny fight his own battles. I'm sure that he'd like to come to his rescue every time Danny needs it but I'm sure we'd soon see pissy!Danny if he done that. My favorite "rescue" was from On The Job when he shoved that cop and made him leave. It was appropriate and Danny appreciated it and I'm sure he showed Flack just how much he appreciated it later on that night.

Danny loves the attention from Flack. He may act oblivious but he's not (he wouldn't be a very effective CSI if he didn't pick up on everything). He knows Don stares holes through him and he loves it and occasionally you'll find Danny staring at him. On the rare occasion, you'll actually see Danny staring at Don. I'm surprised the entire team isn't aware of the way Don acts around Danny.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't think Flack ever gets tired of coming to Danny's rescue. If his baby is in trouble, he's there. I love that about him--he's like Danny's own personal Superman. :D I do think Flack likes playing the hero, and that Danny needing to be taken care of sometimes is part of what draws Flack to him. Flack likes being the hero, the strong one. I wonder if that is partially to do with his background--his father the legendary cop was probably something of a hero to Flack, and being able to protect Danny probably makes Flack feel like a bit of a hero himself. I love the moment when he swooped in and pushed the cop mouthing off to Danny in "On the Job"--it was a moment that showed just how protective he is of his Danny.

Does Danny get tired of it? Not that we've seen yet. Danny always seems to passively accept it when Flack goes into protective mode, which is interesting given that Danny is pretty feisty. But he didn't get mad when Flack pushed the cop, and he accepted it without protest when Don said "we aren't going anywhere" in RSRD. Maybe at some point he will find Flack's attentions overbearing, but so far, he seems to accept and appreciate Flack taking care of him.

As for the staring... :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm surprised Stella hasn't gone up and nudged Flack at a crime scene and said, "If you stare any harder, you're going to burn holes in his clothes." :lol: To which Flack would of course respond, "That's the goal." :devil: ;)

BTW, 1CSIMfan, I love the new banner. But Kimmy, I miss the Flack behind Danny avatar!!! :lol:

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

By way of an introduction, this is probably my first post in Shipper Central so please be kind, and I have read the rules. Danny/Flack are my OTP (and I had to look up what that meant before posting it), so this thread is very interesting to me, it is nice to find some like minded people out there.

So, I read through all your posts :p before adding anything of my own to this thread, and began to think about why I ship Danny/Flack. Firstly, I love slash. I have read through the link Faylinn provided and I'm not sure any of that explained my liking of slash, apart from:

4. Slash is all about exploring human relationships and the underlying emotions and the characters’ personalities. This is certainly true for my love of Danny/Flack. They have a great onscreen chemistry unlike any other I have seen, in short the relationship between them just works!

I imagine Flack as a great protector of Danny, who puts up a tough guy image, but (in my mind) just wants to be held.

So I will post these two lovely images (that everyone has seen before) that I love, and think sums up their relationship:

[​IMG]
    Flack can't help staring intently into Danny's eyes

[​IMG]
    And Danny can't help but move in close enough to catch his scent...

Anyway, that episode is here tonight, so I will look forward to it, and I believe we only have to wait another 6 weeks for season 3, where I'm hoping for some great slashy moments. :)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Welcome to the D/F thread, Elsie! :D

That link I put before makes some interesting points, but I don't think I really agree with most of what was said--of course, the girl's post disagreed with a lot of it too, so I'm still a bit confused about what it was supposed to be saying. :lol: I think she was stating the points other people make about why slash is popular--why do people who don't like something insist on trying to understand people who do? :lol:

I love slash too, not just D/F--although it's my favorite pairing, I've been known to think of other slash pairings for NY, some of which obviously include Danny or Flack in them. I'm not sure what it is about slash that I love, or why I prefer it to het, but generally I'm just content to like it and not give it more thought. :lol:

When I read the caption for the second picture you posted, I couldn't help thinking of Danny being drunk at a Christmas party and sort of draping himself over Don like 'mmm, you smell good...' :lol: Not that Don would mind. :devil:

Those pictures are from "Heroes," right? They had a nice scene in there, definitely. :)

Another six weeks for season 3? I don't envy you. :lol: Where are you at, by the way? :) I can think of a few good D/F moments from S3 off the top of my head, so that's something to look forward to. ;)

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ Yes, the pictures are from Heroes. It has just finished and Danny and Flack did have a couple of good scenes, although maybe the pictures convey a little more than the actual scenes themselves did. They did have a really nice display of teamwork though, bless them. At the end, when they are in a bar having a drink in rememberance of Aiden I'm pretty sure Flack was looking Danny directly in the eyes even though they weren't sat near each other, checking he was OK. Yeah, they are definately my favourite couple. :D

I like some other slash pairings although I don't think I am a natural shipper, and am partial to a couple of cross CSI slash ships too, but Danny and Flack are just such a good pair and so likeable that no other ships could quite compare. ;)

Anyway, I'm in York, England. So CSI:NY is currently a repeat, but the new series does start soon. I loved being spoiled too, so I'm always glad to hear about the great things that will happen in upcoming episodes (and all good D/F moments).

Faylinn , I have had a read of some of your fan fics at your LJ, you write D/F very beautifully. :)

6. Faylinn

Aw, thanks! :D

Ah, I thought so. I have a picture similar to the second one, so I was pretty sure it was the same scene. :)

I think that scene in "Heroes" didn't seem like much during the episode itself, although it was significant that Danny was really stressed and not even Mac could calm him down--but Don comes in and boom, done (as they say ;)). The pictures definitely had a lot more to say. :lol:

I love that, even though they weren't sitting together in that last scene at the bar, Don was staring straight at Danny. :lol:

I agree that other ships don't do it for me the way Danny/Flack does. :p I like several NY ships, mostly slash but also a few het, but in the end I'm all about the D/F. :lol:

Let's see, since you like being spoiled (goody! :lol:), I'll mention a good D/F moment or two. :) In "Hung Out to Dry" it seems that Don decides to blatantly check out Danny's ass rather than concentrate on the scene.

[​IMG]

*cough* Don, concentrate! :lol:

There was also a great scene in "Love Run Cold" (which I just watched, by the way).

Danny getting prints

And again

Danny tricked a guy into giving up his fingerprints, and the dialogue went something like this:
    Don: That was good.
    Danny: Ya like that?
    Don: Yeah.

Now, it's not what was said so much as how it was said--the 'yeah' in particular. Here are pictures to go with each part of the dialogue. ;)

Don is about to talk

That was good.
    [​IMG]

Ya like that?
    [​IMG]

Yeah.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*sigh* I love it. :lol:

(By the way, the "Brokeback Crimelab" link in my signature goes to a message board we set up for Danny/Flack--it has other general CSI:NY stuff, but there are multiple threads and forums for D/F as well. :))

7. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:lol: That is a classic picture of Flack's obvious obsession with Danny. They are at a crime scene and instead of working he is staring at Danny's ass! :lol: Not that I can blame him, I can't. :lol: It is precisely why I wouldn't be able to work with Danny.

*shakes head* I am surprised that Mac hasn't noticed this, and separated the two of them. :p

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

*lol at Flack's "Yeeaah." face*

Hurrah! So lovely to see my beloved D/F thread on the first page again. Everybody ran off to Brokeback Crimelab? :p And hello to new fans of the ship! :D There can never be too many of us, hohoh.

I don't know why, but Blood, Sweat & Tears will always be the D/F shippy episode for me. Maybe it's because it was the very first episode I saw where I noticed Flack's blatant staring at Danny. :lol: I can't wait for the rest of season three to come along ... if all the nice D/F moments in the past seasons say anything, we oughta be having more in the future.

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Nice. So blatant! I'm with you, how could you not stare at that... Thanks for spoiling me. :lol:

Oh, I like that, I really like that! :devil: Thanks, you have made my day. They are just so hot together, and hot for each other its so obvious. Stop trying to hide it guys, it's not working... ;) I can't wait to see it, I'm all excited. :lol:

It's obviously getting really tough for them to hide it at work, it won't be long before the rest of the team start to notice, I suspect they might already know, and probably think they make a great couple. :D

10. Faylinn

Glad you like the spoilers, Elsie. It just takes a few moments in an episode for us, doesn't it? :lol: That scene with the 'yeah' is just a thousand times better as a clip than in pictures. :lol:

Well, BC has been a bit more busy lately, Kimmy, so maybe you're not too far off. :lol: Of course, it doesn't hurt that we have places to get smutty over there. ;)

Thumpy, you know Flack would be like 'Mac, I was just seeing what Danny was carrying, I was interested in the case, honest!' And Mac would just shake his head and walk away. :lol:

You mentioned "Blood, Sweat and Tears," Kimmy, and that's one of my very favorite D/F episodes. It's one of two episodes that I watch purely for the B-case, the other being "Necrophilia Americana" from S2. The A-cases were good, but the B-cases are the reason I watch the episodes--I just skip to the good parts. :lol: When Danny and Flack work a case alone together, it can't be a bad thing, can it? ;) I hope they continue the trend and give us one episode like that this season. (I can't think if they've done a case with just the two of them so far, although I'm thinking they haven't--is my brain malfunctioning? :lol:)

"Blood, Sweat and Tears"
    [​IMG]

"Necrophilia Americana"
    [​IMG]

(complete with dorky wave ;))
    [​IMG]

And this one is from "RSRD"--I loved the unspoken communication between the two of them in this scene. Danny didn't have to say anything, and you could tell he trusted Flack to stand behind him (Danny doesn't strike me as someone who wants you out of his sight unless he trusts you ;)).
    [​IMG]

Edit: Hehe, this post is reply #69--do I get something special for that? :devil:

11. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Seeing what Danny was carrying on his ass? Yeah, OK, Flack try again! :lol:

12. anubite_savior

anubite_savior Hit and Run

Oh, goodness how I have missed you guys.

You probably don't remember me, but I was bolth here and on Brokeback Crimelab as a big D/F lover.

I kind of grew away, for whatever reason, but a close friend gave me CSI: NY Season 2 on DVD, and I'm back, and better'n ever!

After I post around a bit more at my old threads here, I'm going to head over to Brokeback Crimelab and see what kind of gutterish smut I can dig up. :devil:

But really, guys. I missed you. You should have seen me last night when I re-discovered the link. I was talking to an ex at the time.

Me: OH MY GOD. IT'S THE TAMPON QUOTE!
    Steve: ...do I even WANNA know?
    Me: Yes, yes, of course you do! -pastes it onto IM-
    Steve: Should I mention that I've never seen this show? Ever?
    Me: Heck no. I'm still gunna post all this stuff anyways. Humor me, okay?

13. Faylinn

:lol: Are you talking about the thing I had with Flack asking Stella(?) for a tampon because someone put him up to it? :p That's so old. :lol:

Anyway, I definitely remember you 'Chase,' both here and on BC (and since I went there first this afternoon, I've already welcomed you back over there ;)). It's good to see you around, and I definitely know how it can be to grow away from something, especially when you've got real life stuff going on. ;) But you're back, so everything is alright. :p

Now that you have S2 on DVD (I'm getting it for Christmas, which will probably mean an NY marathon for me :lol:), you can watch all of the lovely D/F moments over and over and over and over... ;) I know one of the things I'm going to do once I get my DVDs is watch "Necrophilia Americana" several times, skipping over the A-case. :lol:

Thumpy, Flack is a silly boy. :p Knowing him, he might not have even realized what he was doing until it was already done. Let me see if I can explain. :devil:

*Danny picks up the whatever-it-was*
    Don: *thinking* Hmm, let's see what Danny grabbed. *eyes travel down* It looks like...ooooh...Danny has such a nice ass...

:lol: Oh Flackie, what are we going to do with you? :p

14. anubite_savior

anubite_savior Hit and Run

Yes, I was talking about the thing where Flack asked Stella for a tampon. It's the one thing on this site that can make tea come out of my nose TWICE. So, congratulations, Fay.

I'm scurrying over to Brokeback Crimelab here in a few minutes. In relation to that site, I finally watched Brokeback Crimelab a few weeks ago. It made me think of Danny and Flack in so many ways... *sigh*

I'm in the midst of my Season 2 Marathon. I was up until 2 AM last night watching disc 4, just so I could hurry up and get to disc 5, with Necrophilia Americana on it. (See, I have this OCDish thing; I can't watch the episodes out of order. >.o)

And then I woke up this morning at 5 AM and proceeded to watch said Necrophilia Americana, and the two episodes after that, leaving me in suspense to Run Silent, Run Deep, one of my favourite episodes. Of course, by that time I was completely whiped, and slept for six hours.

15. Faylinn

I'm not sure whether to be happy or disturbed that I caused tea to squirt out of your nose more than once. :lol:

I finally bought Brokeback Mountain myself recently and watched it, and I've seen it 4 or 5 times already. :lol: Of course, I usually just watch up until the part where Ennis and Jack part for the last time, and fast-forward through the parts with their families, because the Ennis/Jack stuff is the most interesting, and I don't like the ending. :lol: But that was totally random and not why I brought up the movie. :p

I had never seen the movie when we opened the site, but after seeing it, I like the title even more. ;) The story definitely reminded me of D/F, and I've got an idea for a fanfic that involves BBM. ;)

How did you like "Necrophilia Americana?" The A-case didn't do a whole lot for me, but I loved the urban golf case. And it didn't hurt that the boys were so very slashy from the very first scene they had together. :lol: Talking about the 'big guns' and suit compliments and maybe-making-a-date-to-play-golf and that dorky wave...Priceless. :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.