Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

Faylinn said:
I thought about that scene more after I posted about it, and I'm not happy with the fact that Flack didn't seem to react. :( I still haven't rewatched it, but when has Don ever let someone talk trash about any of his CSIs, much less Danny? In "On the Job" he shoved that cop for talking about Danny shooting another cop, and here a Captain is saying all that crap about Danny and he doesn't even bat an eye? Teh Fay wants an explanation. :mad:

That bothered me, too, a bit. Flack rushed acrossed the room to push a cop who was just talking threateningly to Danny, so I can't see him sitting back while his captain talks about beating Danny. I'd have to rewatch that part of the episiode, though--I'm pretty sure he heard the crack about Danny being a felon, but it's possible the beating Danny comment was just made to Stella.

I do agree with what Kimmy says about Flack possibly not stepping in because it wasn't Danny who was in immediate danger. It might have made Flack look too overprotective (though, I think he is extremely protective of Danny). After all, the likelihood that his captain would actually make a move on Danny was pretty slim.

As for screencaps, I found this one in Rutta's gallery:

RaisingShanestare.png

Love this caps and the ones 1CSIMfan posted! :D Flack looks both concerned and totally in love. He knows Danny is going to take what Hawkes is going through hard. I can only imagine what Flack thought of Danny being sent in alone to meet Shane! :eek: I bet he was not a happy camper over that decision.

Welcome DryPivet! :D I agree...they really are pretty obvious, aren't they? :D Flack especially--he just looks like a man in love every time Danny is in the vicinity. I'm not really a shipper in general--most I could take or leave--but when I saw the way Flack looks at Danny, I was totally sold on these two. :D I haven't seen the show you're talking about either, but it does sound like the two characters from it are a lot like Danny and Flack!

On a dirty note, I love the cap from "Rain" where they're leaning over the car. It looks like Flack is about to take Danny on the hood of that car. :devil: :D

I think that maybe Flack realized it wasn't the time or the place. Stella was there and stood up for Danny so Don didn't need to. Now if Stella hadn't been there, things might have been different. But she was, and she faced off to the guy.

But remember, in On the Job, Don outranked those cops who were talking down about Danny, and he was able to yell at them to get out of his face. It's a different matter when it's his boss, because however much time he spends with the CSI's, Don doesn't work for Mac, he works for that other guy.

Good points about Flack. ;) I'm trying to work on a post-ep fic for them, and it's looking to have some smut in it, but I'm not sure where it's going to go...

Speaking of fanfic, I think I've just about finished part four of "Family Matters." I typed it up yesterday and this morning, and I'm letting it sit for a while so I can go back and re-read it with fresh eyes. But it's about 3,000 words long, so that's going to be a friggin' huge story overall! :eek:

Just a note--I finally bought "Brokeback Mountain" and have watched it twice since I came home with it yesterday. It's officially one of my very favorite movies, and I'm so glad I spent the extra money to buy it rather than just renting it. :D The story is great, but it does relate to D/F, so I'm not totally off-topic. :lol: It gives a different level to the name of the BC board, that's for sure. ;)

Also, the "Cold Case" episode from Sunday was a nice one to relate to D/F in a way. I thought I could watch it on InnerTube, but they apparently don't put "Cold Case" on there. :( That's really stupid, actually, to have some shows but not others. I'll be watching for "Forever Blue" to repeat...

Anyway, I've just noticed a lot of things lately that could relate to D/F, but the endings of these movies/shows make me a very unhappy fangirl. :lol: I'm all about the happy ending myself. :p

So, let's get some D/F discussion going in here :)...

I found this really great essay-type-thing written by a slash fan (of Harry Potter slash, I believe, but that's irrelevant) which discusses various reasons for liking slash, etc. I thought I'd share it because it is really interesting and it makes you think about why you personally like slash. However, it's a long-ass essay, and it's just her own opinion, so I'll just link to this page instead, which has a list of the topics she discusses. Included are liking slash as a form of rebellion, exploring human relationships and the idea of slash providing freedom from the 'envy' you'd feel with het fiction. I think these points, and the others listed, are very interesting to discuss. If you're interested in reading the author's whole essay, there's a link at the bottom of the page. :)

Now, to draw that back into D/F. I'll start with the points that I specifically mentioned above:

1.) Slash is a form of rebellion--um, not for me, no. I don't ship Danny/Flack because it's against what I've been told and taught to like and support. If I was rebelling, I'd do something other than read and write anonymously on the internet. I believe the author touched on that within her essay, as well. Some of the initial interest with slash that would draw me in (where no het pairings could grab me) probably came from the fact that it was a bit taboo, but that's not why I'm still here more than six months later. ;)

2.) Exploring human relationships--yes, definitely. The relationship between Danny and Flack, beyond the basic sexual aspect, is what makes this a pairing that I like to discuss and explore. The interaction and emotions between them, and being allowed to personally explore them through writing fic, is what makes the difference for me. :)

3.) Freedom from the 'envy' of het fiction--um, no. If I don't like the idea of a male character with a female character because she isn't me, then why in the hell would I like the same male character with another male character? If I didn't consider the relationship to be real love, perhaps, but if I think it's fundamentally the same thing, then why would I not feel jealous if that was my reasoning? It just doesn't make sense to me to consider that a valid possibility. (And you can add to that the fact that I also like to pair Danny with Angell, which throws that whole idea out the window. :lol:)

So, I thought I'd bring those points up. I'm interested in this pairing itself, and also why people (including myself) ship it. :) (I'm going to open a thread on BC to talk about this as well. ;))

I know I've neglected posting in this thread. :( **hides behind Danny from Fay's sporking** :p But I promise that I've read every single post.

Hi! This is one of my favorite pairings! Even my, "I-don't-care-but-would-prefer-to-avoid-slash" friend cannot deny their lurve.
It's so obvious you just can't miss it. No matter how short their scenes are, you can just see the total "i'm-so-in-love-with-you-Danny" look in Flack's eyes. Also, this season, it seems that Danny likes to snuggle up next to Flack whenever he can and I have the proof.
hungout12.jpg

dannyflacks3.jpg

On a dirty note, I love the cap from "Rain" where they're leaning over the car. It looks like Flack is about to take Danny on the hood of that car.
You know he totally wanted to and that he did later on that night. :devil:

I think that maybe Flack realized it wasn't the time or the place. Stella was there and stood up for Danny so Don didn't need to. Now if Stella hadn't been there, things might have been different. But she was, and she faced off to the guy.
Good point. It was Stella's job to stick up for Danny at that time and she did a great job. Danny calling the captain "grandpa" was priceless.

Speaking of fanfic, I think I've just about finished part four of "Family Matters."
Please tell me you finally got that chapter posted. :rolleyes:

Yep, I finally posted the final part of "Family Matters." :) Now that I'm done with that one, maybe I can write a post-ep for "Raising Shane" (bonus points if I finish it before the next episode :lol:).

I adore when Don stares at Danny, it's just so cute. And it's kind of hilarious, because why in the hell is he staring?! :lol: The only reason I can see is that he's fascinated with Danny...and wants to have his babies. :p

Now, seriously, that stuff I posted before was interesting discussion fodder. So discuss! *pokes you all* :lol:

Now that I'm done with that one, maybe I can write a post-ep for "Raising Shane" (bonus points if I finish it before the next episode
Not gonna happen. 4 days?? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Also, the "Cold Case" episode from Sunday was a nice one to relate to D/F in a way. I thought I could watch it on InnerTube, but they apparently don't put "Cold Case" on there.
I've never watched Cold Case but wanted to watch that episode on InnerTube. Damn them for not having it on there. :mad: Maybe it's on iTunes.

Freedom from the 'envy' of het fiction
That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. :lol: Why would I 'envy' het fiction? I happen to love Danny/Flack and Danny/Speedle and Danny/Tony but I also like to read Flack/Aiden and Flack/Stella. So no, I don't envy het fiction.

Slash is a form of rebellion
Another funny one. I'm an adult. Who am I rebelling against? I ship slash because I love the characters and I can see the chemistry between them. I will admit that Danny/Speed have never worked together but I love both of them and I can see them together. The same thing with Danny/Tony (from NCIS).

she thought CSI was a gay relationship show. I told her it is.
**cringes** IMO, Danny and Flack are NOT gay **cringes** I see them as two guys who like each other but have NEVER had feelings for any other guy and have had relationships with women. They don't act **cringes** gay **cringes. I think that can happen in real life.

BTW, I only use **cringes** because I hate that word associated with Danny and Flack.

Ok Fay, I'm bringing Brokeback Mountain into it. :p I see their relationship a lot like Danny and Flack's. Two guys who happen to be in love with each other, Although Jack did have relationships with other guys but as Fay stated on messenger, it's like Jack was trying to recapture what he had with Ennis since they rarely got to see each other. :(

Not gonna happen. 4 days?? I don't think so.
See, you tell me I can't, and I probably will. :p

I've never watched Cold Case but wanted to watch that episode on InnerTube.
Seriously, it was so perfect. I'll have to check iTunes myself. I really want to watch it.

BTW, I only use **cringes** because I hate that word associated with Danny and Flack.
:lol: I can't help laughing at you, Rhonda. :p There's nothing wrong with 'gay,' you're so touchy. :lol: However, I don't necessarily think that Danny and Flack are gay. I suppose you could define them as bisexual, but I just think sexuality isn't as simple as people try to make it. It's not that they fell in love with a man instead of a woman, they just fell in love with another person, and that's the important thing. :)

Ok Fay, I'm bringing Brokeback Mountain into it.
Yes, please do! :D I like the comparison.

I see their relationship a lot like Danny and Flack's.
I do as well. And the thing that makes BBM interesting when you're discussing Danny/Flack, as well as that episode of "Cold Case," is the time period. The episode of "Cold Case" that I've been talking about revolved around a murder that was about 60 years ago (I think), and BBM took place from ~1963-1983. While Danny and Don do have obstacles that would prevent them from being together, the situations aren't the same. Both the "Cold Case" episode and BBM had not-so-happy endings for the relationships, and that's something that, to me, makes them even more interesting to discuss with relation to D/F. While they won't have an easy time being together, there is definitely more tolerance in today's society than there was in the past--it's still a potentially dangerous situation, yes, but I like to be optimistic. ;)

Let's grab a few more of those topics from the essay I linked to. ;)

OK, so then it’s all about the sex!
Um...no. If it was all about the sex, I wouldn't care about why they're together, what the relationship means to them or says about them, how they make it work...the list goes on and on. So no, it's definitely not just about sex. ;)

In slash, women get the chance to write male characters the way they want to see them, rather than the way men are in Real Life. / We feminise the male characters because it makes them more like us women, so we can relate to them better. / We feminise the male characters because it makes them more like we want men to be.
*blink* I try to make the guys realistic, but not being a man I'm sure it's inaccurate. I don't write them to fulfill my own fantasies, so I don't know why that's a persistant reason for slash. If I wanted to write a feminine character, I'll write het. Or better yet, I'll write femmeslash and leave the penises out of it altogether. It seems kind of pointless to write men so I can make them unlike themselves, or whatever. Maybe because I don't have a lot of personal experience with men, but it just doesn't compute for me...

In a slash fic, the female reader can freely insert herself into both characters and assume any part she likes.
Seriously, I don't have a penis, how can I pretend I'm the character? The whole idea of writing slash as a way to put myself in the story is really...strange. *shrug*

One hot man in action is good. Two hot men in action is twice as good.
Well, there's no denying that! :lol: But that only explains why the smut is appealing, not why the non-physical relationship is intriguing. ;)

One more thing I wanted to mention: the idea of Dominant/submissive partners in slash. Personally, while I usually think of Don as the 'top,' I don't consider it him being in charge or anything like that. I just think that, well, that's how it is for these two, it's what they like. I've written Danny as the top, and I don't think it's strange. I'm just curious what you guys think.

Between Fay, Modie, Kimmy's fics, and RPin' with Lauren I'm getting attached this ship. Its true. I like Danny & Flackie. Even though the only slash ship I've ever had was Bristin {Brian/Justin QAF} and of course Danny/Mac *hides from Fay* but these are hot guys. I heart them. :D

Aw, I wouldn't hurt you for liking Mac/Danny, although I don't really get it myself. :p

But I obviously *heart* these two as well. :lol:

I got my first ridiculous review today, and I'm going to giggle about it over on BC. :lol: Why in the hell did I enable anonymous reviews if I'm not going to get stuff from people who actually like D/F? :lol:

Slash is never boring, that's for damn sure. :p

FlacklookingoverDannysshoulder.jpg

Interesting points from the article, Fay! I'm with you, I think a lot of them are BS (or bollocks as the Brits say! :D ).

Rebellion--against what exactly? Thankfully narrow-minded, ignorant views of homosexuality are on the way out

Freedom from envy--It's hard to envy fictional characters. :p Except maybe Willy Wonka...I sure would love a chocolate factory of my own. :lol:

Exploring relationships--That's a good one, and definitely true of the D/F fics I've read.

All about the sex--Not all but the sex sure is hot. :devil:

Feminizing male characters--Eh, I can see this argument a little bit, but at least as far as this ship is concerned, the writers I've read are pretty true to the characters as they are on screen. Gender is just a societal construct anyway, but that aside, Flack tends to take a dominant/protective role with Danny and Danny lets him. A lot of the fics reflect that, but that's what's on screen, so why should it be surprising?

Female reader can put herself into either role--Gee, my mail order penis never arrived :( so, no.

One hot man is good, two are better--HELL, YEAH! :devil: ;)

Seriously, I think slash fiction with two guys is intriguing on some level for women the way lesbians are intriguing to men. *shrug* Nothing wrong with that. But the fiction for this ship delves deeper than that, and ultimately why I enjoy reading it is because Danny and Flack are such interesting characters and rendered so well by the extremely talented writers here.

Faylinn said:
One more thing I wanted to mention: the idea of Dominant/submissive partners in slash. Personally, while I usually think of Don as the 'top,' I don't consider it him being in charge or anything like that. I just think that, well, that's how it is for these two, it's what they like. I've written Danny as the top, and I don't think it's strange. I'm just curious what you guys think.

I think of Don as the top in bed, but I think Danny calls the shots otherwise, which balances out the relationship. Look at how Flack just kind of follows Danny around like a lovesick puppy when they're working cases together. He freakin' beams at Danny when he's watching him ("BST," "Love Run Cold," "Murder Sings the Blues"). The man's smitten, and I'm convinced he'd take a bullet for Danny. Danny doesn't trust people, so I think it's a big deal for him to let Flack inside, literally and figuratively. But I also think it's the way Danny shows Flack he cares about him, too. Flack's the one doing the chasing, but Danny lets Flack catch him. And...I've got to word this so the Meter doesn't smite me ;) ...I think Flack being on top in bed is both the way Danny shows Flack he trusts him, and also another way for Flack to show Danny how much he wants him. With all his insecurities, I think Danny really needs to feel wanted.

In that pic where they're looking at the fingerprint lift, it totally seems like Flack has his hand on Danny's ass. :devil: ;)

These two are the very reason I got into CSI: NY in the first place... I saw a couple of episodes and I was like "OMG! They're totally doing it!" and just had to see more, lol. :)

That picture with Danny in the green shirt and Flack with his weird-tie-of-the-ep (silver paisley-print) and the black (I think, that's what it looks like in the pic, but it could also be dark blue) pinstripe suit is just adorable!

And I love all those pics of Danny and Flack (mostly Flack) staring. That's something I noticed from the very first time I watched it - Flack's almost always staring at Danny when they've got screentime together.

Ebony, I'm glad you found your way over! :lol: And what better way to get into NY than through the amazing power of the slash? :p

I love that promo pic as well. :D They're so cute when they're in the same scene. If Flack's not staring, he's standing really close. ;)

Thankfully narrow-minded, ignorant views of homosexuality are on the way out
Slowly but surely. ;) That goes along with what I was saying before about the time period for NY versus something like "Brokeback Mountain" or that episode of Cold Case called "Forever Blue." :D

Flack tends to take a dominant/protective role with Danny and Danny lets him. A lot of the fics reflect that, but that's what's on screen, so why should it be surprising?
True. It's not about Danny being 'feminine' or anything like that, it's just about Danny being Danny and what that means. ;)

Gee, my mail order penis never arrived so, no.
:lol: Ah, Top, you slay me. :p I'm afraid I never got mine either. ;)

Nothing wrong with that. But the fiction for this ship delves deeper than that, and ultimately why I enjoy reading it is because Danny and Flack are such interesting characters
Exactly. I love this pairing because I love these two characters. I can't ship two people I care very little about (which explains why I don't ship for every show I watch). This is about exploring and expanding on the interaction and relationship between two people. Everything else is extraneous, IMO. If I saw this chemistry and potential between a male and female character instead of these two, I'd ship that pairing instead. I didn't set out to ship slash, it just happened that way.

I think of Don as the top in bed, but I think Danny calls the shots otherwise, which balances out the relationship.
Yeah, Don definitely defers to Danny. I think he sort of gives Danny some boundaries but otherwise let's him call the shots. He's not afraid to let Danny know when things go too far, and he'll stick up for Danny if need be, but overall he just looks out for him...

I'm convinced he'd take a bullet for Danny.
Oh, no question. And I'm also convinced that Danny would take a bullet for him as well. ;)

With all his insecurities, I think Danny really needs to feel wanted.
Absolutely, and Don definitely let's him know that he's not only wanted, but needed. :)

Danny doesn't trust people, so I think it's a big deal for him to let Flack inside, literally and figuratively.
*nods* Very, very true. There's a great deal of trust in their relationship in addition to the mutual respect they feel for each other.

CSI-CAPSDannyandFlack.jpg

OMGOMGOMG, TEH BOYZ ARE, LIEK, SOO HAWT!!1!
My thoughts exact. I wonder how can their co-workers work with two gorgeous eyes like that... ahhh-

Faylinn said:
Yeah, Don definitely defers to Danny. I think he sort of gives Danny some boundaries but otherwise let's him call the shots. He's not afraid to let Danny know when things go too far, and he'll stick up for Danny if need be, but overall he just looks out for him...

I think there are some shades of grey here (another interesting thing in their relationship) because Flack does seem to look at Danny as someone he needs to protect, as someone just not quite as strong as he is. Because Danny's a bit of an emotional spaz, Flack seems to look at him as someone who needs protecting. And I think it makes Flack feel strong to be able to look out for his Danny. Flack, I think, likes to play the hero. And Danny likes to feel safe, and adored and taken care of. I like that dynamic between them--it seems like they each do fulfill needs the other one has.

I love this pic--one of my favorites of the guys. Flack looks so damn in love--like he's thinking about sweeping Danny off his feet right then and there and just kissing him like there's no tomorrow. Danny seems oblivious, but I don't think he is. Danny seems aware of the way people watch him, and I think he likes the attention. Especially from Flack. :D

I think there are some shades of grey here (another interesting thing in their relationship) because Flack does seem to look at Danny as someone he needs to protect, as someone just not quite as strong as he is.
True...I think their relationship is definitely open for debate, and that's one of the best things about it, IMO. :lol:

Don definitely wants to protect Danny, but at the same time I wonder if it ever rubs Danny the wrong way for Don to swoop to his rescue?...

And I think it makes Flack feel strong to be able to look out for his Danny. Flack, I think, likes to play the hero. And Danny likes to feel safe, and adored and taken care of. I like that dynamic between them--it seems like they each do fulfill needs the other one has.
I definitely like the fact that they balance each other, and that it's an unspoken thing between them. Although, like I said before, I wonder if they ever clash with their usual way of interacting? I don't just mean if Danny dislikes being coddled, but also if Don gets tired of always playing the hero, as it were...

donnieishere.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back