CSI:NY Season 6 in the UK

Did we really need the 'Playboy' type scenes at the beginning with all the boob-bumping and spraying of champagne? I mean really.:rolleyes:

no, basically! i'd not watched this one again since it aired in the us and this time i was somewhat underwhelmed. it might have been the mood i'm in not helping but it was just.... i dunno. i liked sid's connection, that was nice, also nice to see mac & sid working together, and mac's interrogation was good. but omg the ending was so cheesy, it was just painful. even more so 2nd time around as well. and you're right, the start was dreadful - i know they want to cater to a younger audience but honestly, there are channels for that kind of thing, if people want to see it they can pay for them!

'Lingerie Football'- really annoyed me for the first half of the programme. Its just so sexist. I cant believe these girls play it (if it is real)

I'm sure I remember someone posting about it in the spoiler thread, I think lingerie football is real. Scary thought.

I quite enjoyed the latest episode.

Loved the whole Mac/Sid conservation about vampires, and the odd/amused looks Mac kept giving Sid. Sid was definitely in his Creepy Place again.

Liked Mac's interactions with the father, pissy with him when he wasn't co-operating and nicer, gentler, later. The end scene where he finds the father on the bench and gives him the photo was nice, I do like when Mac makes the effort and reaches out to victims' families.

Liked Mac's interview of the 'Head Vampire' guy, especially when the guy said 'I am disturbed.....by her death' or something, and Mac said 'You are disturbed' partly because that's exactly what I thought when Vampire Man paused like that and also because it was just a very nice Mac-Moment, I love how he's completely not impressed by the vampire craze/religion. He thinks it's all a load of bollocks, and he says so, in his own Mac-like way.

Emjoyed the Danny-Flack banter about vampires being the latest craze and them really not getting it.

Carlo Rota as Vampire Man, nice. I really liked him in 24 and he has the looks for that kind of role, actually, kind of sinister.

It was pretty much an average episode, some good stuff, and a nice job on Carmine's part I thought. The only quibbles I really have with it are A) I'm really not bothered about this whole vampire thing in culture lately. and B) The 'vampire' family and professor just had to be British, didn't they? :rolleyes::lol: Because we all have strange tendencies (i.e. vampirism) and talk like that, of course. :lol::rolleyes: So many American films/shows have this thing where all the Brits speak in dead posh accents and are dodgy/crazy/evil.

So many American films/shows have this thing where all the Brits speak in dead posh accents and are dodgy/crazy/evil.

i thought the dad's accent was way off but he is in fact british, and a baronet or something. i think he grew up in ireland though which might explain his mid-atlantic twang.

but if you think that was bad, just wait til you hear the one in "uncertainty rules" - it was *hilarious*

^LOL, can't wait. Thinking about it, the Dad did have that mid-Atlantic twang. I still remember the 'Irish' accents in Hush.:lol:

^ well some of them weren't so bad, i would imagine many irish americans living in NY have retained some elements of their irish accents while overlaying an NY accent onto them, so given they were dock workers it kind of made sense.

but the one in uncertainty rules manages to take in american, british, irish, australian (!) and god knows what else, it's hilarious. the actor is british so maybe he should've just stuck to that...

The 'vampire' family and professor just had to be British, didn't they? :rolleyes::lol: Because we all have strange tendencies (i.e. vampirism) and talk like that, of course. :lol::rolleyes: So many American films/shows have this thing where all the Brits speak in dead posh accents and are dodgy/crazy/evil.
but that's because with our cliche perception and impression of your 'posh' accent and reserve, it lends itself to suspicion and intrigue and dodgy/crazy/sneaky evil ;):lol:

but the one in uncertainty rules manages to take in american, british, irish, australian (!) and god knows what else, it's hilarious. the actor is british so maybe he should've just stuck to that...
he was?!!! :eek: HAHA!! that just makes it even more hillarious!! :guffaw:

*ducks back to my side of the atlantic* :p;)

[ot]
The 'vampire' family and professor just had to be British, didn't they? :rolleyes::lol: Because we all have strange tendencies (i.e. vampirism) and talk like that, of course. :lol::rolleyes: So many American films/shows have this thing where all the Brits speak in dead posh accents and are dodgy/crazy/evil.
but that's because with our cliche perception and impression of your 'posh' accent and reserve, it lends itself to suspicion and intrigue and dodgy/crazy/sneaky evil ;):lol:

basically you lot think we're all hugh grant or kate winslet, don't you? ;)

but yeah there is a massive bias where that accent apparently means "evil genius" - there've been so so many villains with posh british accents. although it does sort of stand to reason: 1: if they have posh accents it's plausible they were at public school, 2: they may even be related to the queen, 3*: therefore they may also be part of the evil lizards from space conspiracy (as per david icke). so i can see where you're coming from. :lol:

but thankfully, most british people don't have that accent, which means we're all human (mostly anyway) :lol:

* i'm sorry the 3rd one was foreseen, btw....

he was?!!! :eek: HAHA!! that just makes it even more hillarious!! :guffaw:

*ducks back to my side of the atlantic* :p;)
yeah he's from leicester, so by rights he should sound like gary lineker.... he even managed to get a bit of mohinder suresh into his accent, and really, mohinder is NOT someone to take accent tips from :lol:

[/ot]

^LOL, lisa!

I really enjoyed this episode!

Loved all the little tidbits from Mac about his passion for racing. It's not something I'd have pegged him for, and seeing him get all excited was really cute! The mention of going to the track with his dad (I really like the continuity we've had since Yahrzeit of Mac and his dad and their relationship) and the soapbox derby racing. My favourite scene of all has to be when he was talking to Stella about it. I love how when Mac is pissed off, she can bring him out of it and make him smile, and how she can bring out the softer side of him. We haven't seen that kind of bonding/chat between them for a while, and it's lovely to see again.

Where have Flack's suits and fugly ties gone? He looks hot in casual clothes, but I kinda miss the suits and the fugly ties. Actually, it seems Mac is the only one who dresses formally for work any more. Bless him.

I've been pretty much 'meh' about Lindsay for ages as she's been reduced to girlfriend/wife/BabyMommy but in this episode I think we got a glimpse of the old, s2, Lindsay. Loved seeing her share her enthusiasm for racing with Danny and Adam, strut her knowledge (and put the boys in their place) and get her hands dirty. That is the individual, separate-from-Danny, feisty, funny Lindsay I used to really like. My only gripes are that Mac and Lindsay's shared love of racing could have led to a scene where they geeked out a bit together over it/bonded, and we didn't get that, and also that I freaking KNOW Lindsay is from Montana, for God's sake!:rolleyes:

Danny and Adam got all dirty, and that is just hot. They can come use my shower anytime.;) But not the bedroom, that's just for Mac.:devil:

Has Danny lost his razor? I don't like the beard and the stupid moustache thingy. Only Adam is allowed a beard because on him it's cute.

Adam being a Playstation champ, loved that. Very in character.

I really didn't peg the manager guy as the killer!

I liked that racing lady - Danica Patrick. She was cool.

Loved the Mac/Stella banter at the end, again, it's something we've not seen for a while, and it's lovely to see. I also liked Mac sharing his passion with Stella, and seeing them outside the lab together and doing something fun.

Awwwwwwwwwww, the final scene with Big Mac/Little Mac was beyond cute!

I wonder who won the race?

I'd give this ep an A. I'm really not at all into motor car racing, but I think that the great character stuff more than made up for it.

I know, it was so cute! The banter with Stella was also very cute. I also liked stressed/pissy Mac on the phone. :drool:

I really enjoyed this episode. I didnt guess that it was the manager- I like it when its more of a mystery, so that was good.
No Sid! I really like Sid.
I agree about Flack looking hot! And the boys in the garage. Im liking Lindsey much more this season. And Adam's Playstation comment seemed bang on character. And I laughed out loud when he did that high pitched 'boom.' It has become such a catchphrase for Danny, I loved the looks they all gave Adam when he said it.

Mac and Stella scenes are always good. I love the friendship they have, she always brings out the best in him. The ending was cheesy as, but I'll let it pass as I like seeing Mac happy. I liked the connection with Mac and the motor racing. It was handled really well.

I really enjoyed this episode. I didnt guess that it was the manager- I like it when its more of a mystery, so that was good.
No Sid! I really like Sid.
I agree about Flack looking hot! And the boys in the garage. Im liking Lindsey much more this season. And Adam's Playstation comment seemed bang on character. And I laughed out loud when he did that high pitched 'boom.' It has become such a catchphrase for Danny, I loved the looks they all gave Adam when he said it.

Mac and Stella scenes are always good. I love the friendship they have, she always brings out the best in him. The ending was cheesy as, but I'll let it pass as I like seeing Mac happy. I liked the connection with Mac and the motor racing. It was handled really well.

yeah i have to agree with what been said , all the guys looked very hot in episode :drool: , no i didn't guess that it was manager either , i thought it was the guy sending threatening letters , also it was so good to see Adam back and i just loved it when he said boom :)

^ yep, adam's use of boom was definitely my highlight, it was so funny how he tailed off and realised they were all looking at him like "er, yeah, adam, not really appropriate" :lol:

I didn't really like the episode. I can't even remember too much about it, it was quite bland I thought. Maybe it's because I'm not into racing or cars but it just didn't grab my attention at all.

The only two scenes that stood out were Adam, Danny and Lindsay with the cars and Mac and Stella at the end.

Back