CSI:NY Season 6 in the UK

I enjoyed the episode.
Macslady- The first woman did kill her husband. You are right, that case kind of got lost in the rest of it. I thought that actress did a good job.

I liked the idea of the cotton buds being infected, the phantom killer was a novel idea.

Lal- I agree that it is good to see Mac reaching out to Flack. Eddie is doing a great job with Flack, showing the emotions. Im glad that Jess's death hasn't just been forgotten. Although I dont think that knife girl was as close to getting Flack as Lindsay made out.

I also liked Hawkes and Danny. Although at the end, in one way it was sweet to see Danny stood there with the baby, in another it seemed abit risky. Me and my flatmate both noted how, after walking along those bars once he was suddenly able to walk properly, and hold a baby. Hmm, very safe...............

And Ive been pleasantly surprised so far this season, in that im really liking Lindsay at the mo. I never disliked her, but I did think her character was annoying and unrealistic. But she is coming across much nicer with this otherwise tedious storyline.

Hi i thought Saturday episode was really good , i enjoy the banter between Danny and Flack while they were Questioning the suspect , also i like the bit at the end when Flack gave that smile .

Aww, Poor Hawkes! They seemed abit harsh on him though (Mac and Stella) My Mum was like, 'they already have Flack acting strange, they're not having another go off the rails too- and that Stella is a hypocrite'
I did agree with her- poor Hawkes never has a positive story. Give him something good!!
And Stella didn't have a problem bending the rules when she was dealing with that Greek coin thing. She cant really comment much on Hawkes not mentioning he had seen the db before.

Not one of the best episodes, but I did like seeing more of Hawkes, so it gets more points because of that!

^I think Stella, Mac and Don were a bit harsh on Hawkes, but he did lie to them and not tell them things and I think their anger, especially Stella and Mac's, came partly from hurt that he hadn't confided in them. They both made an effort to reach out to Hawkes in the end though, which I thought was really sweet, especially when Mac gave him a spare key to his place. And Stella talked to him. Also, Hawkes was being a bit moody - understandably, of course, but still. Poor Hawkes never does get a positive storyline, but then none of them really do! Except for Lindsay getting pregnant. I think Hawkes deserves something nice though, a love interest or something. Or the team could put their money together to rent him a place of his own or something.
I thought it was very funny at the end when Hawkes was talking to Stella about what happened and this little thing popped up on the screen from Channel 5 saying 'Win £5,000' (it was for that question they ask at the end where you can win £5,000) right at that moment - Hawkes could do with that money.

The exploding orange juice was hilarious. Poor Adam! It was sweet when Stella ran over to check he was okay.

Good ep the week before too, the one about break/street dancing. I really liked Flack's smile at the end too, he obviously felt good being able to take down that horrible mugger - Alice!:lol: What a name! I liked the twist in that episode, I didn't see it coming. It was really quite sad though - Jesse only wanted to 'prove' himself to his girlfriend, and it all went wrong.:(
LOL at the Facebook quiz!

I thought it was interesting that Stella seemed the most affected by what Hawkes did. What seemed to bother her most is that he didn't behave the way she'd expect of him. This makes me interested to see what she'll do when she finds out that Flack, who she said is 'so by the book he doesn't even swear' killed a suspect. That knowledge is going to hit her hard, I think.

What with 'Alice' the mugger last week and then 'Thelonious Monk' in this late ep (the name John signed on the list at Stafford's place) CSI NY's writers are thinking up some weird names.

^I think Stella, Mac and Don were a bit harsh on Hawkes, but he did lie to them and not tell them things and I think their anger, especially Stella and Mac's, came partly from hurt that he hadn't confided in them.

i think mac's definitely was - i don't think he was that harsh, at least until after hawkes met him in the police office and he said he sounded too rehearsed, but he'd already asked him what was wrong several times and given him plenty of opportunity to tell him, and even when hawkes said he'd dismissed the dead guy, mac didn't get angry - he looked a bit angry but was remarkably lenient (compared with, say, when he threw hawkes off the blue train case just for having a coffee with the victim once and not telling them).

i think stella was a lot more harsh, especially as she's not exactly the most by the book person herself.

It was sweet, Mac giving Hawkes the house key. And I agree, Mac was much more lenient than he has been.

And I did enjoy the street dancing episode from the week before. It was done well, and a song featured on it, while they were dancing, which had been bugging me for a while. I had heard it just before Christmas and didnt know what it was. Then I heard it on NY and managed to look it up while the words were in my head. (it was the Four Seasons- Beggin') So I was pleased!

Hi
i really enjoy this episode , i thought it was sweet when Stella ask Adam what was wrong , i really felt sorry for Hawkes , can't wait to see next episode as it is part 2 of the trilogy .

The crossover epi was ok. Nothing special. I thought that Mac and Ray bonded well, with the war talk. But I do prefer Mac and Horatio together more.
Hawkes' anger towards the doctor seemed a bit over the top to me. But at least Flack is seeming a bit happier these days.
The case was a little dull for me. I would have thought they'd have tried for something extra special with the 'tv event of the year'!!

The crossover epi was ok. Nothing special. I thought that Mac and Ray bonded well, with the war talk. But I do prefer Mac and Horatio together more.
Hawkes' anger towards the doctor seemed a bit over the top to me. But at least Flack is seeming a bit happier these days.
The case was a little dull for me. I would have thought they'd have tried for something extra special with the 'tv event of the year'!!

yeah i have to agree with you there Solitaire , i thought it was ok episode , can't wait to see the final part on tuesday .

Truthfully im not finding the compass killer thing particularly interesting. Its alright, but its not holding my attention.
The case in the last epi was secondary though really, to all the Flack stuff. I thought Eddie did a really good job, and, is it Nelly?, he was really sweet helping him.
It was good to see Mac looking out for him, and the concern from the others. Although I did find Mac's response to Flack admitting he killed the guy odd. Mac seems so, I doint know, rigid with regards to the rules, but I suppose he could see Flack's reasoning and the emotion involved, And it would destroy Flack's career if he told on him. I just found that bit wierd.
And when Flack's sister was mentioned I thought she might be in it, and be able to help him, what with her drinking problem. It was a bit of a shame that she wasn't shown.

^ nelly was great wasn't he? :)

i dunno about the mac thing - i thought it was just his rigid sticking to rules that made him act that way. i think he knew exactly what flack had done (if he didn't know up til that point he sure as hell worked it out) but knew that as soon as flack said it out loud he would be compelled to take disciplinary action that could cost flack his career. even if he hadn't done that and had sort of decided to let it lie, he would've heard it and that could've worked against him if anyone else ever found out - imagine sinclair finding out and then finding out that mac *knew* but said nothing - that'd be both their careers gone. i think he was just making it clear to flack that he knew what was up but that telling him would do neither of them any good whatsoever as it'd make it too official, he was saying to flack "deal with this your way and i'll look out for you, but don't make me make it official". by making sure flack didn't say anything out loud and that he doesn't know about it (officially speaking), he is able to stick to the rules but still avoid ruining flack's career.

as for how he reacted emotionally to flack's sort of confession, i think he probably understood it and decided to let it go - sometimes (thankfully) mac does seem to grasp the odd grey area :D

Hi i love this episode i thought both Eddie and Gary did a brilliant job , can't wait to see Saturday Episode !

I enjoyed the crossover ep. I really liked how Mac and Ray bonded too. I do think Mac and H work together very well also, in a different way to Mac and Ray.

Mac looked really HOT chasing that horrible trucker, with the Kevlar on and the gun.:drool:

I thought Hawkes' anger at the doctor was bang-on and very in character. One thing that has always pushed Hawkes' buttons is doctors who are incompetent or break the Hippocratic Oath. He was angry with the doctor (his former boss) in Here's to You Mrs Azrael, and the time-traveling guy's doctor in Time's Up. Also, Pissy!Hawkes is hot!

Even though the episode was mainly focused on Ray, and on Mac, I think we saw that the case affected the whole team. Lindsay seemed hit hard by the fact that Maddie was pregnant (was it her who was pregnant?), and Adam, and all the team, seemed hit hard by the number of missing girls connected to the kidnapping/black market/prostitution ring. Even Sid wasn't making his usual jokes.

i dunno about the mac thing - i thought it was just his rigid sticking to rules that made him act that way. i think he knew exactly what flack had done (if he didn't know up til that point he sure as hell worked it out) but knew that as soon as flack said it out loud he would be compelled to take disciplinary action that could cost flack his career. even if he hadn't done that and had sort of decided to let it lie, he would've heard it and that could've worked against him if anyone else ever found out - imagine sinclair finding out and then finding out that mac *knew* but said nothing - that'd be both their careers gone. i think he was just making it clear to flack that he knew what was up but that telling him would do neither of them any good whatsoever as it'd make it too official, he was saying to flack "deal with this your way and i'll look out for you, but don't make me make it official". by making sure flack didn't say anything out loud and that he doesn't know about it (officially speaking), he is able to stick to the rules but still avoid ruining flack's career.

as for how he reacted emotionally to flack's sort of confession, i think he probably understood it and decided to let it go - sometimes (thankfully) mac does seem to grasp the odd grey area :D

I agree with all you said. I actually think Stella will be the one most affected if she finds out what Flack did. Stella likes to think she knows people, especially her friends, and if she finds out what Flack did, it's going to shatter her theory that he's 'so by the book he doesn't even swear' (which I didn't agree with in the first place). I think she'd understand why he did it, and want to protect him, but given how she reacted to the stuff with Hawkes in episode 6x06, if she finds out about Flack it will reallly hurt her.

I love Flack, but Scuzzy/Drunk/Puking Flack wasn't nice. He looked much better after he and Mac had their confrontation.

The Mac/Flack confrontation was brilliant. A lot of hurt there from both of them, and anger, but it was nice to see Mac being there for Flack as a friend and sticking his neck out for him. Mac going to Flack's CO and covering for him reminded me of Flack covering for Mac with Sinclair and Gerrard, it's nice to see Mac returning the favour. Same goes for Mac giving Flack the 'kick-in-the-butt' of a good friend that Flack needed, that reminded me of Flack kind of doing the same for Mac in 'Comes Around'. I think Mac was the right person to finally confront Flack, I know Danny is closest to him, but given that even Mac was pretty emotional in that confrontation, I think Danny would have been way to emotional to handle it. I think it would be nice to see Danny taking him out for a drink or just being there for him as a friend later on though.

Nelly was really good.

I'm quite liking the whole compass killer thing, especially as for once the killer is quite sympathetic. He shouldn't be killing people, obviously, but with his mental illness and what happened with his wife, he's more sympathetic a character than the Cabbie Killer. I didn't get that that woman he was with was just in his own mind!

I really liked Mac and Stella sharing their concerns over Flack, and Stella telling Mac to be careful when he went to the rough neighbourhood to find Flack.

LOL at Sid ruining Stella's dinner plans. Poor Stella.

i think mac was the right person too - danny would've been too emotional but also i think, although it was done more as a friend, it needed to come from a superior as well.

as for the killer himself, i'm finding it all a bit triggering really, which is kind of odd for me. i found flack's scene on the subway a bit triggering too. so all in all a bit of a tough ep for me to watch in places...

Back