CSI:NY Season 6 in the UK

Lisa- I think you have a point with the Mac thing. He must have been trying to protect himself and Flack. If he knows nothing, nobody can come back to him with it, and he cant report Flack.
I wonder if the truth will come out later. Stella would be disappointed.
Im hoping, in one way, that this isn't the end of the issue. Obviously I dont want Flack to get in trouble, but I dont want one talk with Mac and everythings fine again. Maybe he can have a little chat with Danny still?

The Compass killer thing does have potential. Im hoping it doesn't go the way of NY's other serial killer stories and fizzle out entirely by the end.

^ yeah i kind of agree, i mean considering how messed up he was meant to be, so far it's seemed like a remarkably rapid recovery, i wonder if it'll return at all?

So, only a few weeks after being told he may never walk again Danny is running around after suspects? Hmmm, I wish all recoveries were that fast. Seemed a bit too soon to be having him doing that to me.

The underground lair was pretty cool, although it must have stunk down in those sewers.

It was an ok episode, but a bit of a let down, storywise. To me this season doesnt seem as strong as last season. Hopefully it will pick up.

^ Well i've decided that this season is starting to pick up!
I really enjoyed tonight's episode. It was a great story, with quirky deaths and just the right amount of tension. Loved it!

It was a shame that they didn't show Haylen, one last time. TPTB didn't give us enough on her for me to decide what I thought about her. They could have had a scene where she was leaving, and thanked Mac or something. Hmm, the FBI must be desperate- getting people with hardly any experience! Poor Adam, he is so insecure. I would love to see something in the future about his backstory. Didn't they imply in one episode that he had been physically abused as a child?

Now if next weeks epi is as good as this one I will be a happy Bunny!

i loved death house, i loved it when i watched it on the US feeds, and i still loved it tonight. it was so fun, quirky and entertaining, and with a decent case as well.

i only had one gripe: we never found out how that girl got into the water tank. i wish they'd told us!

i agree about haylen, they really didn't give her a chance. it seemed she was unpopular but she was only in 2 eps for about 4 minutes each, how on earth could anyone possibly judge on that? they should've given her a chance.

Hi i enjoy this week episode , i enjoy the puzzles and how they solve the case , i have to agree i wish they told us how the girl got into the water tank , can't wait to see next week episode .

I liked this ep a lot. Mac's line about doing good making him rich, and the scene at the end with the kiddies was v. cheesy, but hey, it was the Christmas episode, and Christmas is the season of cheese, and I tolerate it because it's Christmas. So even though we saw it in March, I will forgive the chessiness, especially as Mac was just so darned cute at the end, and pissy with the woman when he made the doing good comment, so I'm okay with it.

Loved the story about Taylor Christmas tree.

Awww, it's nice that Stella was trying to help the homeless guy.

Those women are evil! Especially the one that stabbed a guy with a needle of heroin and then ran him over!

I liked Train in this.

LOL at the Danny 'boom' comment.

Lovely to see Mac so relaxed and touchy and happy.

LOL at Danny, Flack and Hawkes as elves! Hawkes was so cute with the kiddies though, and looked very comfortable, whereas Flack looked a bit scared at first!

Nice eppy in all, cheesy, yes, but it's a Christmas episode so I did expect some cheese.

I liked this ep a lot. Mac's line about doing good making him rich, and the scene at the end with the kiddies was v. cheesy, but hey, it was the Christmas episode, and Christmas is the season of cheese, and I tolerate it because it's Christmas. So even though we saw it in March, I will forgive the chessiness, especially as Mac was just so darned cute at the end, and pissy with the woman when he made the doing good comment, so I'm okay with it.

Loved the story about Taylor Christmas tree.

Awww, it's nice that Stella was trying to help the homeless guy.

Those women are evil! Especially the one that stabbed a guy with a needle of heroin and then ran him over!

I liked Train in this.

LOL at the Danny 'boom' comment.

Lovely to see Mac so relaxed and touchy and happy.

LOL at Danny, Flack and Hawkes as elves! Hawkes was so cute with the kiddies though, and looked very comfortable, whereas Flack looked a bit scared at first!

Nice eppy in all, cheesy, yes, but it's a Christmas episode so I did expect some cheese.

Hi have to agree i thought it was a very good episode , I'm glad those women got what was coming to them , and i love Mac line . Flack , Danny and Hawkes did look very cute as elves :) it would of been nice to see Mac in a elf costume :)

^Or Mac as Santa, and Stella as Mrs Santa! It's a real shame we didn't see Adam at all this ep, he'd make such a cute elf. I think Danny and Adam would make the best elves.
I don't think Mac would ever dress up as an elf though, he's happier and more open this season, but not at that stage yet.
I don't blame Flack for looking a bit scared, large amounts of small children freak me out too. They were cute though!

^Yeah, why weren't Mac and Stella wearing the elf hats?! I suppose they did lug that tree around at the beginning.
I always find it pretty weird watching a Xmas epi out of season. And I agree MacsLady it was very cheesy, but I suppose I will also let them of, but only becasue it was the Christmas epi!

I love the friendship between Mac and Stella, they haev great chemistry, so it was good to see all there cute scenes together.

I missed Sid and Adam. Its a shame they aren't in every episode.

The case was ok, but it was pretty easy to guess the culprits right from the start. But it was an interesting enough case.

To add to my comments on last week's ep, did anyone else notice that both Mac and Stella were wearing purple?

As for last night's ep...

Good episode, very Stella-centric, and it was nice to see a Stella-centric storyline where she wasn't the victim and where she really got to strut her stuff as a CSI/Detective.

I really liked seeing Mac and Stella's friendship with Craig and Sara, first because how cute is it that they have mutual friends? Quite couple-y. Secondly because it's good to see they have lives and friends outside of the lab. It was great to see Stella teasing Craig about his suit, and Mac enquiring after their kids when he went to talk to Sara. Also, it gave the case a personal resonance for Mac and Stella.

I liked that Mac was so direct with Sara about her affair with Rob and that he didn't answer her when she tried to get him to promise not to tell Craig, he clearly seemed uncertain of what to do there. It was also nice seeing how shocked both Mac and Stella were about the relevations about their friends, particularly Stella's reaction when Sara said she didn't know Craig as well as she thought. I like episodes where we get to see the cases impact personally for the characters, and this case had lots of personal implications for Stella in particular, a very emotional episode for her.

I was very glad to see some actual continuity re Danny and his back, I thought he chased Hollis Eckhart a bit too easily! Good to see that all is not fine and dandy with him, and there may be further problems down the road with his back, his taking those painkillers, and his badge getting nicked. It was good to learn where those dogtags of his came from too.

Adam's back! Loved the little moment when he was engrossed in his computer screen and Mac and Stella walked in and Mac tapped the computer hard to get his attention.

I was glad they got Antonio Reyes in the end, he was horrible!

I thought this episode was quite different to normal, with the timeshifts and with the team having to go back and revaluate/disprove their earlier evidence/conclusions.

Craig ran Rob's dead body over with a snow-thingy? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Good episode, though I personally could have done with a bit more Mac, but he does get a lot of episodes/storylines. I did like the way they chose to focus on Stella though and make the case personal for her.

I did wonder when Sara said Stella didn't know Craig as well as she thought whether she was implying he was violent to her. Which would have resonated with Stella because of Frankie.

^ I also liked the fact that the case had an emotional connection for Mac and Stella. And it was good to see Stella as the main focus.
The beginning was very dramatic and the case kept my interest throughout.

So Danny shouldn't have been chasing down suspects so early in his recovery, what a surprise! I would have thought that after a major issue any police workers in the field would have to undergo a medical?
Ah well, at least Danny will get a story out of it, he hasnt been doing much recently. I wonder what will happen with his badge................

I really enjoyed this episode.

Did we really need the 'Playboy' type scenes at the beginning with all the boob-bumping and spraying of champagne? I mean really.:rolleyes:

Loved Sid in this episode, it was great to see a case become personal for him, and see him outside of the morgue. His scenes with Mac, and with Natalie's mother, were particularly good. We haven't seen any Mac-Sid interaction for a while, and usually it takes the form of banter, so it was nice to see a more serious, meaningful exchange between them.

Loved Mac's interview with Meredith! The look on his face when she called Kristin a 'bitch', interrogation by sexy calendar, and he got pissy with her when she started lying. I also liked his absolute disgust for Al the janitor/'doctor'. I didn't quite get what he meant when he said what Al did was worse than murder, but I guess he meant taking advantage of young girls' doubts about themselves and doing something so stupid/irresponsible as to inject them with silicone.

Danny's granddad fought in Korea? I paused the tv when there was a close up of the dogtages, and it said 'USN' on them, which I assume is US Navy. That's interesting, it's especially good to finally know where those tags come from, and I'm curious that Danny has kept them so long- his grandfather must have been important to him.

Danny's back to his Danny Ways, not telling anyone about getting his badge nicked. I can see why he wouldn't want to, but it's irresponsible, and it's so Danny. Flack's pissy reaction was interesting and different, he's always been the most tolerant of Danny's behaviour, even in 'All in the Family' he took Danny's behaviour with remarkable tolerance. We've seen Mac, Stella, Hawkes and even Lindsay pissed at Danny's behaviour, but never really Flack. I always wondered when/if we'd see a strain in Flack and Danny's relationship, and this looks like it. I'm very interested to see where this will go.

Shane Casey? My reaction is a mix of WTF, eeeeeeeeeeeeeek, and LOOK OUT DANNY!

So some very nice character moments, and it was wonderful to finally see Robert Joy get a chance to shine. I'm crossing my fingers for more stuff like this for Sid in the future. Both Flack and Sid, prior to this season, were primarily in the roles of the CSI teams pet cop and pet coroner, and as providers of humour, but the writers have shown us a different deeper side of Flack, and with this episode, a different, deeper side of Sid, too, and I like it. It's so good to see he's more than just the creepy/quirky coroner.

A Lucy mention - nice. And Danny picking up diapers and wipes? Domesticated Danny? LOL. I wonder if he changes the diapers too.:lol: I can just see the look on his face!

The football scene at the end was cheesy, but I liked it because we got Smiley Mac. But I thought the earlier, more serious Mac-Sid scenes were better.

I'd give it an A- with points deducted for the Playboy type opening scenes and the cheesy ending, but it gets the 'A' because of some ace character stuff, Sid, and the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek factor with Shane Casey.

Stupid channel 5 announcer-lady called Mac 'Max'. It was a nice catch, though!

The good stuff-
It was good to see Sid out of the morgue, I really like Sid and I am glad when they use him more. He was very sweet with the mother and liked the reference to him having kids.
Continuation of the Danny story. Interesting. But I also dont get why he didn't report the badge stolen. Just seems weird. But at least his character is getting to do something.
And I love Danny and Flack together, so enjoyed their scenes.
So some good charcter scenes. I like the little snippits, where you can see into their lives.
My main problem- definitely the 'playboy' thing! What an excuse to show some boobs. Surely it must be a painful outfit to play such a rough game in- men playing American Football get all that padding! And im guessing its based on reality. 'Lingerie Football'- really annoyed me for the first half of the programme. Its just so sexist. I cant believe these girls play it (if it is real)
Sorry, rant over...............
(and the 'Max' thing did make me laugh)

Hi i really enjoy this week episode , it will be interesting to see how this Shane Casey storyline will be play out , i also enjoy discovering a bit more about Sid and his Character , i think Flack was annoyed that Danny didn't go to him first , and i also enjoy the ending when Sid and Mac were playing with the football :) can't wait to next week episode .

Back