CSI:NY Season 6 in the UK

The best part of last nights episode for me was when the suspect was knocked down by the bus! That sounds mean, I know, but I didnt expect it at all. They always run and avoid traffic in these things, so for that too happen, it was different.
I knew the kid was dodgy, but I was glad to see that he wasnt responsible for his brothers death. Its got to the point in any csi show that when I see a child involved I automatically think they are the murderer- because 90% of the time they are!
I enjoyed the scenes with Flack and the kid, Eddie did a good job. I like seeing Flack's compassionate side.
I also enjoyed last weeks episode- good to seeing Hawkes get more to do. Not sure about the Shane Casey stuff, and how did he get his fingerprints on Danny's tags? But I liked the action stuff, so Ill let the wilder stuff pass!

I really like the scenes with Flack and the kid , also i like the action scenes , i can't believe this season has gone so quick , i can't wait to find out what is going to happen with Shane Cassey and Danny .

I liked 'Unusual Suspects', particularly Flack's interaction with the kid.

I thought the kid was a little suspicious I must say but not in the way it turned out. Especially the fact they'd done it for the rent money, that was sad.

The bus part shocked me too! I wasn't expecting that at all.

I also really liked the scene with Adam and the pig. It was nice to see him having a little fun with his work.

Last edited:
The last episode was pretty average. Ok, but average.
I thought it odd that they had Cooper, from Miami, as one of the guest stars. I know the guy has to work, but surely they could have gotten someone who didnt have a recurring role in the franchise, even if he has had a hair cut!
The story was ok. I felt sorry for the gladiator guy. It was odd that it was Mac who had the connection with the sport, having already had the car one earlier in the season. Unfortunately this didnt work out as well as that racing one. It didnt leave much for the others to do, which was a shame.

I actually loved the most recent episode. I think the concept was quite unique and very well presented.

It took me ages to place the guy from Miami because I only watch on and off but even so, it was a little distracting. They could have cast someone else, I agree.

Well, the last episode was unusual, but I enjoyed it. I liked Peyton before, and it was good to see her back. Although I dont like love triangle storylines, and I dont want to see that happening with Mac. I dont mind Dr Aubrey either, so im a little surprised that they have brought someone else in. It does let us see a different side of Mac though.
I wouldnt have taken Mac as someone who would spy on neighbours, but I suppose if you are used to being active and then forced to just sit there you would have to find something to do. Although why was Stella bringing him work to do? Surely he is off sick. Maybe its because Im not particularly dedicated to my work, but I would refuse to do any while recovering!
Is the next episode the finale? I cant believe how fast these episodes have gone!

I LOVED this episode.

I didn't expect to like Peyton in this episode, but I actually did like her and she and Mac had great chemistry. There's apparantly still something there between them, though I'm not sure what it is. I loved Peyton asking about 'Dr Aubrey' and Mac asking if she was jealous and saying 'Good' when she said yes, LOL. When he said he and Aubrey were 'just friends' it did come off as rather dismissive, given that they've been sharing food tips and going to dinner, but then on the other hand, this is Mac, if he is developing feelings for Aubrey beyond friendship then he probably wouldn't tell Peyton about it. Also, he did pull away from that kiss at the end, which suggests whatever he feels for Peyton, he wasn't about to act on it so soon, and also perhaps that he does indeed think of Aubrey as more than a friend.
I didn't much like the idea of the love triangle story for Mac either, but I will be interested to see what choice he does make.

Loved Stella bringing Mac spicy orange chicken for breakfast, along with work. I'm guessing as he's the boss, there's still stuff he needs to sign off on, sick leave or not. Poor Mac.

Loved the Mac/Adam bits, Adam going on about Mac being 'cool', LOL, and Mac telling him not to touch anything, oh, and Adam asking if that guy was dead when Mac saw him.:lol:

Mac's apartment was cool, loved that antique thingy he had that Adam was playing with, and it was nice seeing bits of his personality reflected in his stuff, like that huge US Army book. That chair of his looked very comfy, too. I also found it interesting that he'd moved 8 months ago, that means he finally left the apartment he and Claire shared (the one Reed followed Stella to in s3) which is a pretty big thing, I thought. Now he has a new place to bring ladies of his choice to, and cool stuff to show them. Me thinks he wouldn't mind Aubrey touching his stuff.;)

Mac spying on his neighbours was a bit creepy, but I really just found it more funny than anything, as it showed he's human and as nosey as anyone else. My favourites were the young couple who were skiving off school and the girl's mother caught them, LOL. And if they want privacy, they should use their bloody blinds/curtains. I mean, you'd think the teenage girl and her boyfriend would think to a) lock the door and b) close the curtains/blinds.:lol:

Dead canaries and trained wasps, cool. A bit of Mac's sciencey side coming out there.

Peyton and Stella hugging, didn't seem too odd to me, there was never any evidence they disliked one another, and though Stella may have been annoyed at the way Peyton chose to dump Mac, she likely decided that that was Mac's business, and Stella hugs practically everyone, so I wasn't too surprised to see her hugging Peyton, an old friend she hadn't seen in a while.

That moment when Peyton was searching the apartment and Scott returned was scary, also when he spotted Mac.

Scott's motive was a replay of that guy in COTP, but I preferred that to it being a 'I hate America'/ 'The government is evil and I must wreak revenge' type thing. It was a bit annoying when Mac said Scott's views were 'totally anti-American', they just seemed standard paranoid whackjob/conspiracy theorist, or anti-government rather than specifically anti-American to me, I am sure there are crazy people in every country who believe their government is up to stuff like that, without being anti-whatever country they live in. Plus, given the guy's motive at the end, he was, in his own twisted way, trying to protect his country. I would have been interested to see Mac's reaction to that actually, I doubt he would have condoned what Scott did, but in COTP, he did concede that the bomber guy had a point.

Mac going after Scott, not very clever, and very dangerous, but hot! Some people complained about Super Mac being able to kick down doors only a week or so after he was hurt, but actually I thought kicking that door in seemed to cause him quite a bit of pain, so it didn't bother me.

Scott was going to put that gas into the ball Peyton was attending? Nice friend you have there, Peyton!

Poor Flack getting grit thrown in his eyes! Thank God Danny was there to take Scott down.

Final scene between Mac and Peyton was sweet.

I give it an A+, the only thing that really annoyed me was that neither Mac or Stella seemed too bothered by the fact that Casey was running around with Danny's badge. I guess that's the writers paving the way for next week's episode, but still, they could easily have fitted a Danny-bollocking in there. I just hope maybe Mac and Stella want to catch Casey first, and Danny boy'll be in for a major, ideally double-bollocking from Mac and Stella next season. He needs to face consequences for what he did. Getting his badge nicked wasn't his fault, but not reporting it once he knew it was Casey? Not good.

Oh, and Mac looked HOT throughout the episode, he needs to get injured more!:drool:

I would have liked to see that girl's mother catch her and her boyfriend a second time, and I hope the newlyweds closed their blinds once they got in!

Oooh, finale next week! Looking forward to it, but not as much as I was this episode.

I LOVED this episode.

I didn't expect to like Peyton in this episode, but I actually did like her and she and Mac had great chemistry. There's apparantly still something there between them, though I'm not sure what it is. I loved Peyton asking about 'Dr Aubrey' and Mac asking if she was jealous and saying 'Good' when she said yes, LOL.

i liked that bit too and was also surprised by how much i liked them together.

When he said he and Aubrey were 'just friends' it did come off as rather dismissive, given that they've been sharing food tips and going to dinner, but then on the other hand, this is Mac, if he is developing feelings for Aubrey beyond friendship then he probably wouldn't tell Peyton about it. Also, he did pull away from that kiss at the end, which suggests whatever he feels for Peyton, he wasn't about to act on it so soon, and also perhaps that he does indeed think of Aubrey as more than a friend.

very true....

Loved Stella bringing Mac spicy orange chicken for breakfast,

but really, BREAKFAST???? he should've been eating toast!!! <3

Loved the Mac/Adam bits, Adam going on about Mac being 'cool', LOL, and Mac telling him not to touch anything, oh, and Adam asking if that guy was dead when Mac saw him.:lol:

yeah i loved their scenes too :D

Me thinks he wouldn't mind Aubrey touching his stuff.;)

*snigger*
Mac spying on his neighbours was a bit creepy, but I really just found it more funny than anything, as it showed he's human and as nosey as anyone else.

same here, it showed he's just as fallible as the rest of us when gossip is concerned!

Mac going after Scott, not very clever, and very dangerous, but hot! Some people complained about Super Mac being able to kick down doors only a week or so after he was hurt, but actually I thought kicking that door in seemed to cause him quite a bit of pain, so it didn't bother me.

yeah but you'd think he might've used the other foot!?

Oh, and Mac looked HOT throughout the episode, he needs to get injured more!:drool:

oooooh yes.:devil:

sorry to double post... i was watching POV again last night and spotted 2 things - haha, the joys of having a new tv that's massive :D

1: i really want to know who all the other people listed in mac's phone book were! that's just my curiosity really ;)

2: on the desk behind where he was sitting there were a couple of get well cards, both of which seemed to have teddy bears on them. now just who exactly would send detective mac taylor a get well card with a teddy bear on it?! i'm baffled!

^ Maybe they were joke cards! From Flack or Danny or someone like that. Maybe Lindsey sent one from the baby- I have a few family members who do stuff like that, but hey, I get an extra card out of it!
Enjoy your new tv!

^ haha yeah maybe, it just seemed kind of out of place, i guess, this tough guy detective and his swish apartment and little fluffy teddy bears on cards :lol:

oh, i will :D

I just wrote a really long post here, and it timed me out and lost it all :klingon:

So now I cant be bothered re-typing it all I will have to do a short version.
I was disappointed last night. Particularly with the very silly and OTT cliffhanger. It would have been better if they had ended on a happy note, without a cliffhanger, than have Casey survive the fall, with barely a scratch on him, then make it all the way back to NY to terrorise Danny some more :wtf: Very, very silly.
What is it with these bad guys- why bother going to all that trouble off escaping jail just to go after Danny, why not jet off to some nice hot island somewhere? :) I liked Adam's remarks about why killers feel the need to leave cryptic clues when they could just tell the police straight what they are upto!
So many holes in the plot. I did enjoy some of it- I like action in these things- so I enjoyed the chase at the beginning and then the drama on the lighthouse. But the rest of it- how did he know they would be on the lighthouse at that time. What if Lucy (one of the quietest kids on tv) had gotten whiney and they had decided to give it a miss, or something? Or, if Mac had said yes to them staying in NY and helping to find Casey? That would have ruined his clues- which truthfully werent as interesting as they could have been.
A liitle too much D/L here for me. I can put up with them in small doses, but this was an overdose.
But it was definitely the cliffhanger that dragged this episode down for me, I could have coped with the other stuff. :rolleyes:

Despite the plotholes (Shane Casey seems to be famous for those!) I quite enjoyed it. I agree that it would have been better to end on a happy note, with Casey dead - I mean, Snow Day was a FANTASTIC finale, and that ended on a happy note, as did the finales to seasons 1 and 2 (I know Flack was in hospital in the s2 one, but he squeezed Mac's hand, so we knew he was gonna make it). I understand that they want to make viewers tune in next season, and that drama/angst is usually preferred by tv-people to happy endings, but the odd happy/conclusive ending can work, as we have seen in other finales. I also think that the cliffhanger wasn't as good as s5's, and that as it was the third in a row, it perhaps lost some of it's impact. That said, I did think (massive plot holes aside) it was pretty dramatic and I'll definitely be tuning in next season to see how it turns out.

I must be going soft or something because I don't like D/L at all, but I actually thought they were sweet in this episode. Perhaps because it was outside the lab.

I loved Mac being all 'Sherlock Holmes'-ish tracking down Shane Casey, I love when we see his mind working in that logical way. And he knows Latin, I wonder where he picked that up?

I also liked that the whole team worked together to find Danny and Lindsay, it wasn't just Mac.

Some nice Mac/Stella moments, like when they were talking about the brass and their planned publicity stunt with Casey.

Casey really is an evil, crazy b*stard, isn't he?

Danny's outfit was awful, especially with that hat! How can Lindsay let him dress like that?

Americans have fish and chips? Bet they're not a touch on ours!

Long Island looked really nice.

Loved Mac and Flack in the helicopter, Flack with the gun, Mac signalling Danny with the torch.

Loved seeing Washington Square Park, I went there last year when I went to New York.

All in all, an ok finale, but I wasn't as excited about it as I was about 'Point of View', and it wasn't as good as the previous finales. But I did enjoy it.

Hi i quite enjoy the finale , i didn't like what Danny was wearing , I think Edward Furlong has done a brilliant job as Shane Cassey .
i can't wait to find out what happens in the new season :)

I can't believe the season is over already! And I'm 4 episodes behind! :lol: I really need to catch up on my tv viewing...

I did plan on watching the finale, despite not having seen the previous three episodes, but I was on holiday and the tv in the cottage we were staying in didn't have channel 5. I was so disappointed.

Back