CSI:NY Season 6 in the UK

I'm glad someone else liked the 'random' thing, a lot of people it seemed didn't like that so much.
Stella and Adam is weird, I know Adam had a crush on her but I never saw anything other than a kind of big sisterly affection for him on her part. I wouldn't have thought a one night stand would be in either of their characters, but I guess the shock of what happened caused everyone to act differently, and in some cases OOC - for example, Flack flirting with, and possibly sleeping with random women seemed OOC but given what he's been through, I'm not surprised he's acting OOC.

I also liked the brief mention of budget issues, when Adam was talking to Haylen, as with the random shooting thing, it's nice to see the team are affected by the whole financial system just like everyone in real life is at the minute. I like that the show 'keeps current' like that.

I liked the fact that the hit wasn't personal, because it was unexpected. In the CSI shows there always seems to be someone out to get the team (well, it happens in Miami every other week) It was good to see a storyline where someone wasnt out to kill a csi!!

I was also impressed with the mention of budget issues. Good continuity and very realistic.

^ i quite liked it too, i thought it was strange but i think that was the point. we get so used to the big events in these shows being all about the main characters (because they so often are) that it's quite refreshing that sometimes they're just random.

I really enjoyed Blacklist! Definitely a very Mac-centric episode but I do like my character-centric episodes, and especially when it's Mac.
I've had CSI episodes gross me out before (No Good Deed was one with the birds eating bits of the body) and make me emotional (Yahrzeit, Blink, Child's Play) but this is the first one to really creep me out, the whole idea of how much of our personal info is out there on the Internet and how easy it could be for some person with a grudge and bad-ass techinical skills to mess with it. The scene at the beginning with the guy in his car, and the nurse in the hospital elevator really, really creeped me out!

Loved the Mac backstory and thought we got an excellent performance from Gary, and getting little snippets about his past was interesting. I think it would have been nice to get reactions from other members of the team to what Victor was doing, something like Yahrzeit for example, but I think this was meant to be a Mac-centric episode, and like episodes which focus heavily on other characters (Child's Play or RSRD on Danny, or All Access or GFD on Stella for e.g.) I understand why the focus was mostly on him, and was fine with it. Though seeing Hawkes' reaction as a doctor, a doctor who once failed to save a man on his operating table, and as someone who does not like it when people take advantage of/misuse the medical system (his anger at the doctors in Mrs Azrael and Time's Up), would have been very interesting, and it would have been nice if they'd taken the focus off Mac just for a little while to show Hawkes' reaction.

I think we got some nice character moments from the other characters even if they were more personal and not related to the case:
-Lindsay, Lucy, puking (yuk!) and the Whitesnake shirt, and the talk with Stella re Danny.
- Danny, Adam and failed hand-slap thingy.
-Stella touching Adam's shoulder - not shippy, IMO, but more the affection we saw between them in earlier seasons.
-Poor Flack, having flashbacks of his own and not sleeping and seeming very messed up generally.

I am a big Mac fan, and though I thought his comment that Victor should have merely written his congressman was harsh, it was in character, and I really saw it as 'harsh' rather than preachy or anything. I mean, solving the healthcare issues anywhere isn't as simple as writing your congressman/MP but you definitely shouldn't go around killing people to make your point either!

I sympathised with Victor a bit more than Mac did, up until he trapped the young nurse Lisa in the lift, which was horrible! I pretty much stopped sympathising with him at that point.

God, that scene with Lisa in the lift freaked me out. I'm not claustrophobic in particular, but that scene scared me. It seemed to take forever for Mac and Hawkes to get there!

Stella was wearing a booby-top again, LOL.:lol: Not much of her in this episode, but I think there are some more Stella-focused eppys coming up later this seaon, so that's okay.

Mac and Hawkes being together in the car when Victor mentioned his father was a nice bit of continuity from Mrs Azrael back in s3 when Mac told Hawkes about his dad. I thought the bits of Mac's backstory we got this episode were all good in terms of continuity - his father serving in WW2, Mac's military past, Mac's hesitancy to have kids with Claire.
I know some people mentioned the oddity of Claire being 'from' New York and Reed being 'from Chicago' but that could still work - if Claire went to college in Chicago along with her high school sweetheart who Mac mentioned was Reed's biological father, maybe they got a bit frisky once out from under their parents' watchful gaze (if Claire got pregnant during college, that's still 'very young' to have a baby, and Mac said she was young when she had him) or it's possible she also had family in Chicago and got pregnant in New York and was sent/or went to Chicago to have him - perhaps to avoid rumours/stigma/the father - let's remember that Reed was born around 1985 when having a baby very young/outside of marriage was probably still frowned upon by some people.
I also liked that we got a few extra bits about Mac, like about him fighting in the Gulf War, which was suggested by his records in COTP but never actually confirmed, him getting a Silver Star, getting to see his parents, learning he was already married to Claire when he left the Marines, learning why he joined the NYPD.
The writers are generally very good at backstory when they choose to do it right, and this episode was a great example.

Loved seeing young Mac in his Marines uniform :drool: though his skin looked too tight, LOL. But they did a good enough job of making him look younger. I was more bothered by the fact they picked an actress who I believe is actually younger than Gary is in RL to play his mother. Seriously, what is it with this show and women's ages? Stella is suddenly 34 (MK is a beautiful woman, but 34? Come on!) and in 'Cold Reveal' her 'foster mother' looked younger than Stella herself. :lol:

Brilliant guest stars, particularly John Terry and the actress who played Mac's mum (she did very well with not very much, IMO) and the guy who played Victor and further proof that good guest stars don't have to be famous music types.

Mac and Hawkes driving together and both wearing sunnies was hot:drool: as was the scenes with them saving Lisa.

Mac literally picking Lisa up and chucking her out the elevator was both hot and (unintentionally) funny.:lol::lol:

Mac, of all people, asking Flack when he last slept was funny too :lol: but also I thought it was very sweet how he knew immeadiately something was up.

Flack in casual clothes and sunnies - :drool::drool::drool:
I am really, really interested to see what they will do with Flack this season and I think Eddie will really get the chance to show off his acting skills and show us a different side to Flack.

So I think I'd give the episdoe an A, there were only a few things that bothered me about it

- nothing on Hawkes' reaction to the case, which I would really have liked to see.
-the age thing with the actress who played Mac's mum.:rolleyes:
-Hawkes' shirt - I love him, but it seemed to bright and shiny for him. I like him in darker colours.
-NO SID!!!!!

Last edited:
God, that scene with Lisa in the lift freaked me out. I'm not claustrophobic in particular, but that scene scared me. It seemed to take forever for Mac and Hawkes to get there!

for a minute there i thought you meant me!!! and there i was thinking me and mac kept that secret... ;)

^LOL. I'm sure you'd love to get Mac alone in a lift with you...though hopefully he wouldn't be throwing you out of it.;)

^ Lisa, looks like your secret is out now!

I have just gotten around to watching the episode, and I did enjoy it. The whole technology thing really creep me out, too. I think that was the strongest part of the episode for me. It was imaginative.
The Mac bits seemed a little overwhelming, but it was good to have a backstory, and I agree MacsLady- his Mum did look about his age. It would have been good to have included another team mate in that though, got their input on it.
Hmm, and Mac can supposedly send 1 email and get aload of cameras installed? That would have been Adam's job going there!! Good job they caught it on time!

Nooo, to be continued! I hate waiting!
This storyline is interesting though and this killer seems complex. Hopefully this will be more cab killer than 333 guy!

So Haylen is in the lab. Poor Adam, very worried about his job. Hopefully someone will tell him that she is there for free. And how quick did she get her grant?!
I think she is going to take some warming to, but they are introducing her nice and slowly and not just thrusting her upon us, so that is good. I really hope she is not there just as a romantic partner for someone. I hope they give her a proper personality and past.

And I found the info about the origins of 'pen pals' interesting. But I am a geek like that.............!

I enjoyed it too. It was nice to have a case-centric episode with some brilliant small character moments (in this episode, they belonged mostly to Flack and Adam, though there were some nice Mac, Hawkes, and Stella bits too) rather than it being an episode that dealt with something personal to the team/a member of the team - I love such episodes, but it's nice to have a crime/case-focused one in-between the character centric ones. I know the killer sent the compass to Mac, but I don't think he was like Victor from last week's episode, he wasn't trying to make the case personal for Mac, it was more that he wanted the team's attention and figured sending the compass to the leader of the team/lead detective was the best way to do that.

I thought it was really interesting that they showed us the killer, if that guy is the killer, of course, because now we know what he looks like but not who he is or why he's doing it.

Loved seeing Mac and Hawkes working together, they have nice chemistry and banter.

LOL at Adam. When Hawkes told him Mac had hired Haylen, he looked like a little boy who just found out he's getting a baby sister and is worried she will usurp his place in the 'family'. He looked like he was gonna stamp his foot, stick out his lower lip and say 'But I'M Mac's favourite-ist lab rat!' Then he got so jealous when he saw Mac and Haylen working together.

SID!!!!! It was great to see him again.

Poor Flack, he's really falling apart. Loved the scene with him and Angell's dad and when he went to the party but didn't go in. I really like how they're showing us he's really not all right, and that Mac and Stella are both aware of it and worried, but don't know what to do. Stella seems to want to talk to him, but Mac seems wary, because, IMO, he knows from being in that situation that sometimes you don't want people to talk to you. Despite him saying Flack 'just needs time' I think he knows that no matter how much time passes, it will still hurt. I'll be interested to see how both Mac and Stella go about dealing with Flack.

Flack and Danny need to shave, and someone should pluck Flack's eyebrows for him. He looks like he did back in mid-s3 (think it was about then) when it seemed he and Stella were having a secret Grow the Bushiest Eyebrow contest. I like how Flack and Danny's scruff reflects how they're both struggling in the aftermath of Pay Up, though.

Loved seeing the team working together to solve the case.

When I read about the Compass Killer, I thought it would be some guy going round killing people with the other kind of compass - the thingy you use to draw circles with in maths!:lol:

i remember finding that ep really creepy when i watched it first time around and this time was pretty much the same - i thought they handled the psychosis thing quite well too, they didn't go too overboard on the weirdness but kept it vaguely realistic (and believe me i know!).

i liked flack a lot in this ep, i thought he managed to get a lot across without saying much, which is quite cool.

haha, MacsLady, that kind of compass killer would be pretty emo!

Hi i just wanted to say how much i'm enjoying the new season of NY , i hope they continue with the compass killer storyline this weekend , i'm not to sure about the new lab tech at the moment , i hope someone will tell Adam that she is working for free :)

i have to agree with lisa , i like Flack in this episode as well .

haha, MacsLady, that kind of compass killer would be pretty emo!
Hehe, yeah. Emo Killer Out for Revenge....agggh! Though Adam would have to explain to Mac what 'emo' is and Mac would be like :wtf:
Or they could have a Chav Killer. (not sure whether it would be a murdering chav or a person who kills them....do they have chavs in America?) 'I iz a chav, like, and I iz gonna kill ya wiv ma bling knife.':lol::lol::lol:

Hi i just wanted to say how much i'm enjoying the new season of NY , i hope they continue with the compass killer storyline this weekend , i'm not to sure about the new lab tech at the moment , i hope someone will tell Adam that she is working for free :)

i have to agree with lisa , i like Flack in this episode as well .

I liked him too. I always like him, though. But it's nice to see a different, softer, more vulnerable, human side to him too.
I'm loving the season so far too, though channel 5 are still playing their games with the times.:rolleyes: I guess it's because it's on a Saturday. Though sometimes I wonder if they pick the times out of a hat, though. But in America I think they stop showing it over holidays and if there are important sports or political stuff going on, so I guess it's not perfect anywhere.

Good episode last night. The case was ok, very twisty in that all these different women and bodies kept popping up. It was 3 cases at once really, the woman who killed her husband (did she kill him? By the end of the episode, I wasn't 100% sure because of all the other stuff going on) and the woman who killed the drug dealers, then the cotton bud thing. It was intersting that such a simple thing can cause so many problems down the line. Silly woman not wearing gloves!
Mostly, it was the character moments that really made this episode for me.

- Loved the Mac/Sinclair and Stella/Sinclair interaction. It was funny when Sinclair sat in Mac's chair, it really threw Mac, I think he would've liked to tell Sinclair to 'please vacate my chair' but in more, um, explicit terms, but obviously he couldn't because Sinclair's his boss. It was interesting to see how that threw him, Mac's used to being the boss, and being 'called to the carpet' and not be in a position of control obviously threw him a bit. I liked a lot that neither of them started yelling, and that they actually managed to have a conversation and Sinclair gave Mac the time he needed. I LOVED that Mac sent Stella to Sinclair when they really needed extra time, it shows both that he trusts her to get the job done, and knows and respects the fact that Sinclair trusts her and she'd be more likely to get him to hold off on the conference. I'm curious though as to whether Sinclair knows about Stella's antics re the Diakos case last year, or whether Mac covered for her. Stella may have fewer authority issues than Mac, and be better at handling Sinclair, but she's broken the rules pretty seriously a few times over the years so I'm wondering if Mac covered for her, or whether Sinclair looked the other way.

-Loved Mac talking to Flack, especially when he said Flack could've been killed, and 'people', by which I think he meant himself and the team, were worried about him. It was nice to see Mac trying to reach out to Flack and showing his concern for him, while still clearly holding back and not wanting to push/probe too far. I think that scene also showed that Flack doesn't want to talk, and I guess Mac can understand that. Plus, Mac's not good at iniating deep talks about feelings. Stella or Danny would be better, but I'm not sure even they could get Flack to open up. He's putting up a pretty good front and getting good at pushing people away. He's heading down a dangerous path here, and I'll be interested to see how this arc continues. Interesting to see how much he's still affected by what happened with Angell.

-Loved Hawkes giving Danny a verbal kick in the ass, I think he needed it, and Hawkes was a good person to give it with his medical experience. It was a bit much that Danny was walking at the end of the episode, but hey, if Delko can get shot in the head and be back on the job as quickly as he was, Danny can walk that soon. The scene at the end with Danny holding Lucy was really cute. Though he's still keeping things from Lindsay (the incident at his therapy with Hawkes) so there could be some problems for them down the line.

-No Adam. I think AJ Buckley has been working on some other projects though, so that's why he hasn't been around much in some episodes. I don't mind Haylen, but I'd rather have Adam in an episode than her.

-Loved Mac and Stella talking about the case in his office, I love when they work out cases together like that and it made them seem a bit closer than last episode.

-Stella still seems tense, she seemed a bit pissy with Sid. Sid does have the tendency to go on/go off on tangents but usually Mac, Stella and the others seem to find it more amusing than irritating.

-Love how Mac read the body language of the woman who killed the drug dealers and knew she didn't kill Carter or the others. It was funny how he managed to solve the entire case by just seeing a cotton bud, a bit much, perhaps, but hey, they only have an hour for the team to solve the case, and it was getting near the end! Soon, Mac's going to start silently appearing behind people and whacking them on the head, Gibbs style. LOL. It was nice to see that before his 'lightbulb moment' he was as thrown by the case as everyone else.

Good episode, interesting case and I loved how the team seemed totally thrown by all the twists and turns, and the cotton-bud twist was great, but I loved the character moments most.

Last edited:
Have to admit my only gripe at the moment with season 6 is C5 put it up against Heros on BBC, still there's always iPLAYER or the old fashioned video.

Hi i thought it was a very good episode , i thought Mac trying to reach out to Flack was very sweet , it will interesting to see how Flack is going to cope .

Back