CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don"t think Gerrard Back in season 4 because I think he's not officer after the last case with Mac..
Of course he still is. Mac only threatened to go public with Dobson's belt. Besides which, what Gerrard covered up wouldn't cost him his job, it would just make him and Sinclair look bad.

There's no reason why Gerrard shouldn't be around, and I hope he is since a) Carmen Argenziano is an excellent actor and b) Gerrard's actually the victim of Mac's self-righteousness and inability to see that he was the one who screwed up. (Sorry, but Mac was 100% wrong in the Dobson case, and Gerrard and Sinclair's response was completely correct and proper, despite the writers' desperate attempts to make Mac out to be a victim of politics. He really wasn't.)

fastfoodjunkie said:
Wasn't Kerr Smith in an episode of CSI: Miami? I thought he was great in Charmed but I don't watch Dawson's Creek so I have no idea what he was like in that. :D

He was in that as Jack, the gay brother of Andy (the crazy chick Pacey dated) but in all honesty I can't STAND Dawson's creek so I wouldn't go by that show as an indicator of anyone's acting chops. He has been in Miami though, as a suspect or some such character, non-recurring of course.

He does seem REALLY young for someone they're pairing with Stella. Not that I have a problem with the age difference, just that Kerr Smith could STILL play a 20 yr old as easily as he could play a 28 yr old. He's kinda got a baby-face and he's gonna look like the youngest kid on the show by about five years, so it seems odd they'd match him up with Stella.

As for this ulterior motive stuff, the first thing I thought of when I considered a younger man, dating an more mature, woman with more occupational seniority is that he's trying to further his career or something! Makes me think of that line of Greg's "i know what you all think of me, just another pretty face, got where I am by sleeping with Catherine.." while Greg was just being a smartass maybe that IS this guy's angle.

KRAD said:
I don"t think Gerrard Back in season 4 because I think he's not officer after the last case with Mac..
Of course he still is. Mac only threatened to go public with Dobson's belt. Besides which, what Gerrard covered up wouldn't cost him his job, it would just make him and Sinclair look bad.

There's no reason why Gerrard shouldn't be around, and I hope he is since a) Carmen Argenziano is an excellent actor and b) Gerrard's actually the victim of Mac's self-righteousness and inability to see that he was the one who screwed up. (Sorry, but Mac was 100% wrong in the Dobson case, and Gerrard and Sinclair's response was completely correct and proper, despite the writers' desperate attempts to make Mac out to be a victim of politics. He really wasn't.)

You do know the writers put the Mac character in that position in the first place dont you?

^They did, but they also had him get out in an interesting way--by basically "stooping" to the level of those he was so upset with. It was a dark twist, one I was intrigued by--if they explore it further. The too-good-to-be-true Mac never really interested me, but the one who has a dark side does. He was downright wrong in "Cold Reveal," and came off as having a persecution complex. I like that the writers went there, and I hope "...Comes Around" isn't the end of it, because that would be way too easy.

I'm glad we're going to see Sinclair again, and would like to see Gerrard as well. I like the dynamic between them and Mac and Flack, because there are so many shades of grey there.

Not thrilled with the rest of the spoilers though. I was really hoping I was joking about Drew being Frankie 2.0, but sure enough...he's got an "ulterior motive." :rolleyes: Why do the writers feel the need to cut a smart, capable, independent woman down by having her make foolish romantic choices? :rolleyes: Kerr Smith is fine, but the character sounds like Frankie all over again, from him coming in to consult to having an "ulterior motive." *SIGH*

The Danny/Lindsay stuff doesn't sound promising either. As weak a character as Lindsay is, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there's no move to have her stand on her own, but I really hate to see Danny dragged down with her. It's a move to generate buzz for the show--so many spoilers revolve around characters' relationships--but it's just a poor pairing.

Top 41 said:

Why do the writers feel the need to cut a smart, capable, independent woman down by having her make foolish romantic choices?

Amen........It's kinda like there's got to be a trade off for the other career woman, Peyton having a great ol' time with Mac.... What about Linsday, some could say....hmmmmm, less said about her the better IMHO.

Heroes with flaws are much more interesting than perfect heroes. Mac is supposed to have someone harrassing him. Hopefull the writers will show Mac being upset by this and not acting as if it is nothing. Supposedly Mac is suppose to act like a bad cop. I can't wait for this year.

I just read this SCI files article.

I didn't know either of the new recurring stars so I've looked them up at IMDB; according to that site, the guy who plays Stella's new love interest is 35 years old. How old is Stella suppose to be?

from the article
Bess Wohl: Ausiello didn't provide a name for her character, but did reveal she'll be a new lab tech who's a good friend of Adam Ross.
Is this the Kelly that was mentioned in the first spoilers, Adam's girlfriend/one-night-stand(?) or are they the same girl and is Adam sleeping with his 'good friend'?

I'm happy about the D/L spoilers myself :) As for Stella, I would just rather they get rid of M/P and hook her up with Mac. Actually given the choice they could drop D/L and do Smacked and I'd be happy. I wanna know why they don't want a M/S ship...unless it's because of D/L already going and then G/S on the other show.

I'm curious what big things are happening with this show...but hopefully it doesn't go soapy...some of the Miami spoilers though intriguing, have me wondering...

Maybe the reason the writers wanted a relationship that was a strong frienship that wasn't sexual. I like the plutonic relationship between Stella and Mac. It is nice to see a relationship between a man and a woman that isn't romantic. I am not big on the office romance story. I like to think the characters know better than to get involved with a coworkers, but then hormones have been known to affect the abilitiy of the brain to function. Maybe all the writers need time with their significant others. They are being forced to live out their fantasys through the characters. The solution to the story problems in the csi shows is to give the staff more time with their families.

There is nothing in the world stupider than getting involved with someone you work with, for reasons that were very clearly demonstrated in "Snow Day."

La_Guera said:
Flack has a girlfriend? Fuck me. Flack has a rich, gorgeous girlfriend? Excuse me while I vomit. I'm having a hard time accepting that down-to-earth Flack would mingle in the same social circles as the ultrarich, and I just don't believe that after his snide asides about the prevailing attitudes of the rich, he'd be of the same mindset.

And as much as I want to see Flack shirtless, I have no desire whatsoever to see him get busy on TV. It's a sodding crime drama.

The only good to come out of this is that we might see how he treats those with whom he is romantically involved, but in all honesty, Episode 403 might determine whether or not I continue to watch the show.

~prepares all Flack/OFC plotbunnies for euthanasia~

OMG!! I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that working-class hero Don Flack, Jr. falls for a rich socialite...It's too, I don't know, out of character...I think the show's writers should just leave it to the imagination of fans regarding the characters' love lives...

As for the chest-baring Flack, can't wait to see that though... :devil:

Hormiga said:
TvGuide.
Some fresh blood is turning up on CSI: NY.

Ex-Dawson's Creeker Kerr Smith and Shark's Bess Wohl are joining the cast as recurring players this season.

Smith, last seen in Fox's short-lived Justice, will play Drew Becker, an expert in forged documents and a love interest for Stella (Melina Kanakaredes). "Well, he pretends to be an expert in forged documents," clarifies executive producer Pam Veasey. "He has a mysterious background that we are slowly developing. He's a love interest who has an ulterior motive."

Meanwhile, Wohl, who, in addition to a two-episode stint on Shark has guest-starred on Cold Case and Ghost Whisperer, will play a new lab tech and a good friend of Adam's (AJ Buckley).

For more CSI: NY prattle – including some good news for Danny/Lindsay-shippers – check out the post-press tour edition of Ask Ausiello on Aug. 1.

Although I liked Kerr Smith in the defunct TV show E-Ring, I don't think it'll work...Him being the love interest for Stella.

I can't believe the writers are foisting off another shady love interest for Stella!...*indignant here*...Stella's character is a strong woman but the writers keep making her fall for the wrong men...Is it just me? Or does sensible Stella Bonasera seem to have really awful taste in men? She's being written as some sort of loser magnet!!

Top41 said:
^They did, but they also had him get out in an interesting way--by basically "stooping" to the level of those he was so upset with. It was a dark twist, one I was intrigued by--if they explore it further. The too-good-to-be-true Mac never really interested me, but the one who has a dark side does.

See I agree with you I liked the twist, and Mac playing their own game against them was good.

He was downright wrong in "Cold Reveal," and came off as having a persecution complex.

He did react a little over the top for him but he was proved that he wasnt far off the mark. But then again if he had waited for Flack to go after Dobson then the whole mess could have been avoided.

I like that the writers went there, and I hope "...Comes Around" isn't the end of it, because that would be way too easy.

I do hope they contintue this, Mac did say he expected to come back to haunt him.

I'm glad we're going to see Sinclair again, and would like to see Gerrard as well. I like the dynamic between them and Mac and Flack, because there are so many shades of grey there.

I know it could play out really well if they handle it right and I do agree that the three characters work well together and the dynamics are interesting.

Not thrilled with the rest of the spoilers though. I was really hoping I was joking about Drew being Frankie 2.0, but sure enough...he's got an "ulterior motive." :rolleyes: Why do the writers feel the need to cut a smart, capable, independent woman down by having her make foolish romantic choices? :rolleyes: Kerr Smith is fine, but the character sounds like Frankie all over again, from him coming in to consult to having an "ulterior motive." *SIGH*

I know what you mean, I just about had a fit when I read that. La Guera commented jokingly that it could be Frankie's brother. I personaly wouldnt put it past them to pull that kind of stunt. The other option, which I thought of was that he could be the person harrasing Mac, possibly using Stella to get closer and get info on Mac but thats just my musings. At any rate still not happy at the possibility of Stella being used as the victim again.

The Danny/Lindsay stuff doesn't sound promising either. As weak a character as Lindsay is, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there's no move to have her stand on her own, but I really hate to see Danny dragged down with her. It's a move to generate buzz for the show--so many spoilers revolve around characters' relationships--but it's just a poor pairing.

Not to happy about this either, I think it had damaged both characters, it just makes me cringe. The whole thing had been written badly from both characters points of view.

As for Flack I will reserve judgement on him and his girlfriend until I see it. Because I think she is just going to be used as a plot device for the story line and I dont think she will be around much after that episode.

Work romances do happen but I think they are going overboard here. Take a hint from other shows, hinting at these kind of relationships without actualy doing anything about them, makes for better viewing. It keeps the fans interested and guessing about things. And it keeps both the for and the against fans happy.

Cant wait to see how Miami explain their little development....I swaer if its a shower scene like Dallas I will scream..

well Mandy if you do not like flack having a girl, just do not watch it. I caught an interview of Carmine on you tube, and he said that the writers on season 4 will work on the csis relationships. When I saw the interview with Carmine god he has hair lots of hair, but I found he is quite a nice guy. If you want to see the interview, just go on youtube and type Carmine giovinazzo, and check all the interviews, there are about 3 or 4 interviews with him, but I do not know the interviewers.

well Mandy if you do not like flack having a girl, just do not watch it.

Not this hoary old chestnut again. Just because someone is displeased by an aspect of the show, that doesn't automatically translate into self-imposed excommunication from it. We have the right to watch the show just as much as those who adore it wholly, and what is more, we have the right to express that dislike, just as the writers are free to ignore our criticism.

"Don't like, don't watch" is the weakest argument in fandom discourse, and it needs to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back