CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

You know... the idea of NY pulling a Miami and bringing Claire back from the dead REALLY haunts my dreams. I'd just HATE for them to do that, and the idea of it nauseates me but when I weigh the logic of it, I don't think they'll go that way. At least I have faith in them not to mainly because I think bringing her back would really cheapen the entire character and show connection to the horrible events of 9/11 and it would really kind of dilute the impact of that.

Second of all "faking" peoples death and such is such a soap opera kind of thing to and I have more faith in NY's writers than that.

And finally, Gary Sinise being a producer on the show as well as a guy who does much work for those who serve their country at home or away, I think he'd probably understand how going 'Psyche! Claire IS alive after all!' would really cheapen the grave reality of that.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't see NY doing that...but IIRC, it was talked about at some point. Let's hope they don't go there.

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yes.

Then we will find out that Sid Hammerback is actually an eight-armed alien from outer space who is spying on humankind for his superiors.

Hawkes is actually a super-genius who was created via a top secret government project, but he escaped their clutches when he was a kid.

Mac actually had four wives because he married Claire in four different alternate universes and forgot he had a real son in one of them.

Flack is actually handsome Superman v.2.3462 with the ability to bounce back from anything. Even getting blown up by a bomb.

Stella is actually a Greek goddess who is over 10,000 years old and looks damn good for her age.

Adam's entire family lives at the end of a rainbow in a house made from gold.

And Danny and Lindsay are actually long-lost siblings.

(I'd pay money to see the last one play out on the show.)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:eek: I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit...

But LOL at Adam being a leprechaun--it makes me think of that Disney movie where the kid's family were leprechauns and he started to shrink and get pointy ears. :lol:

Anyway, I really don't think NY would go the route of having Claire be alive. Find her remains and deal with the repercussions of that, but don't bring her back from the dead. If they want some angst with Reed, I'm all for it, though--maybe his real father is involved in a case or something. He could be a suspect, maybe, and Reed is mad at Mac for suspecting him. In the end, they have a little talk and all is well in the land of Mac. :p

5. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Or, Reed could have a major league bust up with his adoptive parents and want to move in with 'father figure' Mac..who is just struggling with the fact that a very pregnant Peyton's coming back to live with him and their little, soon to be, bundle of joy.

Voila :rolleyes: Mac, Peyton and the 2.4 children.(Reed can be 1.4 coz, he's older) all living together in sickening domesticity.......I really WILL vom :(if they go down that route.

6. Faylinn

Having Peyton come back pregnant would be annoying, but Reed having family problems wouldn't necessarily be bad (although it could be done badly)--Hehe, I'd actually like to see Mac like "wait, I don't know how to do this. *awkward*" Lord knows he's already awkward when it comes to dealing with Reed. ;)

7. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I don't think CSI NY will go there with having Claire not be dead, but maybe they'll have a case where a victim is somebody who was believed to have died on 9/11. It could bring up the whole angstiness with Mac again, maybe even have him wondering if Claire could have survived, but it wouldn't be quite as soapy.

8. althea

althea Lab Technician

I have to say the most disturbing spoiler of them all for me is the D/L relationship "deepening" why oh why would we want to be subjected to more smaltzy dawson creek moments between this two characters :mad:. Make it stop make it go away!!! (sob)

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think we all have to remember the comment about the D/L relationship "deepening" comes from the same man who said last season it would see a "distraction" that could lead to "destiny dashed." :rolleyes:
    I think Zuiker is trying to say the D/L relationship is being brought to us by the letter D. :p

As far as Claire being alive -- No. Way. It. Won't. Happen. TPTB would not be stupid and insensitive enough to stomp all over the memory of 9/11. If I'm wrong and they do, then there is no hope left for humanity.

10. privatename

privatename Rookie

That is a very disturbing idea. Gawd - that whole relationship makes me cringe.

I also can't honestly believe that would say Claire is still alive. That would really cheapen this show and the character of Mac. If that were to happen, I wouldn't be able to switch the channel quickly enough.

And as for the idea that maybe Peyton would turn up pregnant -- I can't even express to you how much I hope that doesn't happen. I would have to stop watching the show if this happened, too.

11. Faylinn

Discouraging? Damaging? Devoid of believability? Dead weight?

Dumb?

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

ROFL^^ I like those descriptions.

As for Peyton being pregnant, oh good Lord, I hope not. Isn't this show soapy and childish enough with the DL crap? Let's hope pregnancies and babies stay far away from this show.

Also, there is no way in hell they could be stupid enough to bring Claire back. It would be a slap in the face to everyone who lost a loved one that day. I know it would piss me off if I were in that situation.

As for a deepening of the DL crap....please, it's such a childish relationship to begin with, there's no way they can deepen it and make it believable. Until TPTB get their heads out of their asses and quit trying to cater to the teenagers of the country, DL will stay a childish relationship. I have faith in that.

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok if Peyton was pregnant it would just be, like you said, too soapy!!

And as for bringing back Claire! It would be stupid to have such a stupid storyline! I think it would just be wrong to use the 9/11 disaster as a main story line! It's ok referencing it with Mac thinking a bout his wife or something but I really couldn't bare Claire being a live... They already did it in Miami like you said. I'm not really putting my thoughts in to words well but I don't think it's right to mess with things as horrible as 9/11!!!

14. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Maybe when they said the Lindsay/Danny relationship was "deepening" they meant they would act more like adults. Maybe both characters will grow like real people. That would be funny if the people that are so against it now became the biggest supporters.

Someone said that Mac is suppose to get phone calls at 3:33 in reference to the statement about the number 3. I think in last years finale they mentioned that Mac was there when the marine barracks blew up. Could 3:33 be the time it was blown up? Maybe the stalker is a person connected with the event. Maybe someone lost a family member and blames Mac, who was an officer.

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

maybe but didn't they reference the date in 2.24?? I wouldn't have thought they would do something again but using the time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.