CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faylinn said:
They moved Hawkes from the morgue to the field to give him more screentime--and then he kind of faded into the background a lot of the time.

I agree. Often it works well to have a character defined by, or at least linked to, a location. Hawkes seems sort of rudderless without the morgue, compare him to the strong character Sid now is. Similarly Adam personifies the lab and it, in return, defines him. Where would one be without the other??

No, Adam's definitely a lab guy. :D I think people are still split on Greg's move--I don't think it was a bad thing for that character, but I think Adam definitely belongs in the lab. Adam + lab brings the funny. :D

I'd kind of like to see an episode where Adam saves the day--or one that really focuses on Adam. Kind of like "Lab Rats" did for Hodges--I loved that ep!

That would be pretty awesome. I also think it would be cool to have an episode that delves into his past a bit--you know, the kind of storyline that gives the one it centers around development but also gives you insight into other characters as well. Maybe Mac or Danny would interact with him and we'd get to see how they respond to what he's dealing with...

One of these days, Adam needs to be invited to grab a beer with the guys. ;)

Where would one be without the other??
Adam without the lab is just cold and wishing for duct tape. :lol:

Top41 said:
No, Adam's definitely a lab guy. :D I think people are still split on Greg's move--I don't think it was a bad thing for that character, but I think Adam definitely belongs in the lab. Adam + lab brings the funny. :D

I'd kind of like to see an episode where Adam saves the day--or one that really focuses on Adam. Kind of like "Lab Rats" did for Hodges--I loved that ep!

As a huge Greg fan on the original CSI, I think the move to CSI ruined the character. It was great to see him mature as he trained to be a CSI, but since then his character has been rather stagnant. Now Hodges gets the primo scenes that Greg used to have before he became a CSI. I think Greg's less interesting now, and my love for that show has diminished because of it.

I think the move to the CSI field also hurt Hawkes--it wouldn't have had Lindsay not been added, because Hawkes would have filled the void left by Aiden when she was fired. But adding Lindsay along with Hawkes in the field resulted in Hawkes getting shafted for screen time. He does shine when he gets to show off his medical expertise at a crime scene and when he's in the morgue with Sid, but those scenes doesn't happen all that often.

I hope Adam stays in the lab--a few forays into the field to assist the CSIs (like they did in SD) are great on occasion, but let him be the key "go to" guy like Greg used to be and Hodges now is on orignal CSI.

Top41 said:

Yes, that was a wonderful episode wasn't it? Really unusual.

Adam without the lab is just cold and wishing for duct tape
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope Adam stays in the lab, he belongs there. I would really like to learn more about his past, though, and I love the idea of Faylinn's of an ep which deals with his past an develops his character but develops other characters too. I would love it if he opened up to Mac about his past, and they developed a closer relationship. And Mac needs to make up to Adam for being such a jerk to him in 'Cold Reveal' and yelling at him for NO REASON.

Yep, there are some spoilers coming out for #408 - Buzzkill

Unfortunately there really isn't much information at the moment, all I know is that Hawkes is in it and he appears to be working on a case with Mac, Danny and Detective Angell. :)

eta: The case they are working on involves a woman who was shot at the club she worked at. It appears to be a robbery, a man was also killed.

Some more information on #408...Stella, Lindsay and Flack are working together on a different case, investigating the death of a woman. She was a model who died in a large martini glass which was part of an advertising billboard.

Elsie said:
Some more information on #408...Stella, Lindsay and Flack are working together on a different case, investigating the death of a woman.

I can't wait to see how Lindsay acts when she is with Flack and Stella. I can't see either one babying her. They would probably make her get her act togeather. I wonder if they will show Lindsay maturing more this year. The haircut she has in the preview looks more mature than what she had last year. Sometimes it seems as if they change hairstyles and clothing when the character changes.

Yeah, Lindsay working with people who don't coddle her is a good thing. Flack definitely doesn't, and hopefully Stella had her fill after being barked at by Lindsay in "Silent Night." However, the victim is a) dead and b) female, so who knows what histronics Lindsay will proffer.

The Entertainment Weekly Fall TV preview is out! Here a few excerpts from the brief NY article (the quotes are from Zuiker):

The Statue of Liberty is the first "victim"

Mac comes back from London and reveals "an interesting secret"

The Danny/Lindsay relationship will "deepen"

"Sometimes good things don't come in threes"

No idea what that last one means, but Zuiker calls it an "encrypted riddle."

All in all, not a lot we didn't know, though I am curious about Mac's secret! :eek:

Sphinx said:
I wonder if they will show Lindsay maturing more this year. The haircut she has in the preview looks more mature than what she had last year. Sometimes it seems as if they change hairstyles and clothing when the character changes.
:lol: The haircut Lindsay had last year was made to hide her face...she gained a lot of weight, IMO, so there had to be a lot of hair!

This absolutely sounds crazy, I know. Just couldn't help myself. But I also hope Lindsay matures. That goes together with the 'D/L relation deepening' someone was talking about. It's pretty interesting, and I'm looking forward!

I hope Angell's staying too, especially since she's flirting with Flack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back