CSI:NY season 2 comes to the Philippines

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by tanglewood14, Mar 21, 2006.

1. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

Wow, Ironic. Hmm, RPN has the NY show? Never knew that...

2. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

My mom told me. It was Saturday. I was out of the house... actually, I wasn't even in Manila hahahah -- I was in Bataan, a fieldtrip. The my mom texted me up about it hahahah.

3. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

Actually, I would have quite liked it if the team went for Aiden's funeral. Then maybe they can show a little flashback of each character with Aiden. Like for example; for Flack ( ;) ) they could show a flashback when he and Aiden were on the "flying crapsicle" case. Or the bikes in S1 season finale.

4. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Yeah, that would have been nice. But I guess they wanted to end it on a happy note, since RSRD (Danny) was sad, All Access (Stella) was sad and COTP (Flack) I think is likely to be sad as well. So maybe they wanted to make it look like Aiden's death wasn't wasted, in a way.

I did feel like it was weird when Lindsay talked to Stella about Danny being close to Aiden. To me she sounded jealous. It just left a bad taste, that's all.

But Danny's reaction was so spot-on, with his denial, grief, anger, while Stella was like all determination and focus. I wish Flack would give his reaction, but watching that I think he just knew her as a colleague, and not outside of work (unlike with Danny).

Ah! Watching COTP is going to be painful for me...poor Flack :(

5. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

I didn't get that jealous vibe from Lindsay. Then again, I'm neutral with the whole D/L thing, so *shrugs* I guess she didn't know how to approach Stella since they're not that close (they've hardly worked together this season, have they?). I like the fact that they didn't make Lindsay simperingly sympathetic coz she didn't know Aidan at all.

In any case, I loooove Mac's aggressiveness during the interrogation with Wright. As I wrote a few months ago when I first saw the ep, I thought he showed how enraged and deeply hurt he is at the same time; ready to hit out like a wild animal. God bless pissy!Mac.

6. chaostheory08

This is quite true. My Film professor who is a die-hard Gary Sinise fan, in turn watches CSI:NY like clockwork even mentioned this situation in passing in our class yesterday.

An actor can show his or her true emotion via how s/he delivers his/her lines. Even without facial expressions, the tone of the voice, the speed of the speech and the over-all reaction of the audience to it justifies the emotion being portrayed. One can sound jealous without looking it. The she went on how awkward Stella replied to her.

I don't know if another funeral scene would work the second time. I think an Aiden tribute/montage would've sufficed. Oh well, they just left more work for us fans then.

7. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

CotP was great; what a way to end the season. Now it's back to reruns, eh? ;)

I loved the song they played at the beginning of the episode. At least we got a scene where Flack and Lindsay actually talked to each other for a while.I felt kinda sorry for that Lessing guy though... but Mac was awesome in this episode.

Poor Flack! :( But the part when they showed the inside of his guts was pretty cool, actually. :p

8. goreshi

goreshi Rookie

Whaa..I can't relate for a moment....I was not able to watch yesterday since I have a lot of test today (and the other days that's why I wasn't able to use the internet for almost 3 days!!!! and I failed the quizzes today....brr..) I HAVE TO WATCH IT THIS SUNDAY!!! I have to see how did what did they do in the operating room (since my rotation right now is in the Operating room...)

DoreenCSI, yup she looks stunning in that pic...

chaostheory08, yup it similar to his hair when he did the "Black Hawk Down"

9. chaostheory08

I finally figured out the situation in the promo. Lindsey played decoy. Then she got made and then there. Still unclear about the hug though.

Anyway, Doreen, I love that song! SOS by Rihanna who accidentally bear a very striking resemblance to Aiden. And yeah, at least Flack and Lindsey talked. The other time that they talked was in that cursed building case... it was actually Flack educating Lindsey about the presence of water tanks in NYC. Not really a friendly chat. The other one was in interrogation.

CotP. So that's it. Back to reruns. I'll be reciting those lines as if I'm in the frame with them again. Haaaay....

My mom said that Flack's like a woman -- pretty. And even his hands were like a woman's. Lol....

10. Celefinwe

Celefinwe Pathologist

Oh, Flack! Poor thing, you know, having, his gut torn open like that... Overall it was pretty okay, for a season finale. A few issues though.

If a bomb blows up, shouldn't the bomb squad be the first to enter a building even before the CSI? I mean, yes, evidence collecting is crucial but safety should be first. What if there was a second bomb or something? And why was Crime Scene in charge anyways? There was Homeland Security and FBI on site. If this was any other show, either of the two would supercede the local enforcement crime lab.

Danny's lack of emotion is a wee bit disturbing, especially in the final scene. His "best pal" is lying in a hospital and all he can think about is offering Montana a ride back? This is the man who had his back (heh!) during some really tough times in Danny's life, the Minhas shooting and Louie being beat up... Danny showed more emotion in Heroes is all I'm saying..

11. Loopholes

Loopholes Victim

Hi! I'm new to the forum so sorry if I make some mistakes.

I guess that TPTB wanted to focus on Mac's reaction instead of Danny's. Maybe in season 3, they'll show Danny and Flack after he gets out of the hospital.

Btw, does anyone know when Season 3 will be out in Asia?

12. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

Most probably by April 2007. Long, eh? :p I don't think I can wait that long.

13. chaostheory08

They forgot all about Danny in that episode and immediately shifted to Mac-centrism. That is what I didn't like. I mean, you build up a characted (Danny) up to the point of breakdown (being Trapped, Louie, Tanglewood, Aiden) then you suck him back in when one more 'tragedy' strikes (Flack). Incidentally, he should've broken down when this happened. Idk. Hahaha...

14. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

Well, Danny had his episode already, and so has Stella (and Lindsay, in a sense) so I understand why they had Mac for the finale. CSI has never been known to regularly kneel down at the altar of continuity anyway (procedurals have a way of doing that). Sometimes uneveness results but, as long as I do get my weekly dose, I'm happy ;)

April is soooo far away! :(

15. chaostheory08

True. But the transition was a bit abrupt (for me anyway). Well, at least they fed my SMACked craving.

Btw, we're nearing the page limit -- new names for thread #2?